IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#448 7 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that has posted helpful information!

#468 7 years ago

In da' club

IMG_3874 (resized).JPGIMG_3874 (resized).JPG
IMG_3875 (resized).JPGIMG_3875 (resized).JPG
IMG_3877 (resized).JPGIMG_3877 (resized).JPG

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Why are there three holes on each side of the top front backbox metal frame. Does any part of the topper connect to this. Should a rubber piece go here like they used to install?

Good question. First thing I noticed when I unboxed mine today. Not a huge deal to me but doesn't make sense and not great looking.

#480 7 years ago

I've leveled my game pretty well I think but getting lots of rattled shot on left orbit and bricks off front of left ramp? Any tips on smoothing out these shots? Play better?

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A few pinsiders have posted pics of premiums and I am sure there are a couple on location that people have snapped some photos of, there are certainly a few out there that's for sure.

I got a premium.

#514 7 years ago

Has anybody been able to successfully update their code on the Premium version? I'm getting the error message shown in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-code-discussion-v065#post-3540057

#640 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Figured it out. 1st bolt was off the bottom of the standoff post holding up the Cat statue. How did I find it you ask? Playing game #2 and another bolt comes whizzing down the playfield! I looked up and the cat had fallen and he couldn't get up.......looks like whomever was to tighten those bolts was outside smoking some Bat Blunts.......

Effing embarrassing. Bought BM66 and feeling better every day about decision to invest in dialed In. Flame away.

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Why would anyone flame you? You were able to buy BM66 and Dialed In. Congrats, I'm jealous.

Just give it some time.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No reason for anyone to flame you for that...JJP makes some great machines. Buy what YOU want, ignore the rest. It's not a title I would own ( and got the chance to play it at expo), but hope you're thrilled with it....enjoy your hobby!!!

I wanted both and am disappointed in one. just crazy an $8k plus game has countless screws rolling around playfield. Total BS. Sorry

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you have a DI yet?

No wise guy attorney I don't

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

No flames...I own JJP too, but I had issues with a couple of mounts on it when it first came out of the box. If this is all that happens, then it is all good and an easy fix. It's actually pretty common to have to tighten up or adjust things on this games after they rattle around in a truck for several hours.

I spent a month getting GB right and love the game. I'm a newbie and certainly don't know as much as all the experts here but just not buying into this game based on the price point. I guess technically I did but into it. I'm sure it will get better.

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Different strokes for different folks but give the code some time to develop and then see how you feel, with Lyman on code the game is probably going to maintain its value as the code continues to improve the game so you hopefully wont see a loss and can always sell it on down the road.
I would like a JJP game myself, but so far none of the themes have grabbed me, I keep hearing the rumour he has been trying to get the Bond licence if he manages that I would be all over it.

I hear you. I'm not a theme guy myself. Never see any of the Batman movies and have owned TDK and now 66.

#661 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I hear you. I'm not a theme guy myself. Never see any of the Batman movies and have owned TDK and now 66.

Whoa! In Vegas and just saw this. Is it a sign?

IMG_3897 (resized).JPGIMG_3897 (resized).JPG

#695 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Different strokes for different folks but give the code some time to develop and then see how you feel, with Lyman on code the game is probably going to maintain its value as the code continues to improve the game so you hopefully wont see a loss and can always sell it on down the road.
I would like a JJP game myself, but so far none of the themes have grabbed me, I keep hearing the rumour he has been trying to get the Bond licence if he manages that I would be all over it.

Yep, quality game guys. We really hit a home run with this investment. Congrats to all.

IMG_3529 (resized).JPGIMG_3529 (resized).JPG

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

if you shine a super bright light and take photos of any playfield as a specific angle, you will see dimples you didn't know existed. Hard to say if these are within the "normal" range or not. The magnet dimpling is strange....

Come on man...within the normal range. Should just put a mini statue of Neil and Buzz up there and it would be complete

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hope isn't going to cut it here. Stern needs to be proactive by developing a response plan and communicating it quickly.
If any of the SLE owners see similar problems, it could create a PR nightmare ("owners of the most expensive production pinball machine ever sold are reporting massive issues with poor craftsmanship and playfield defects on Stern's flagship new Batman game"). Unlike any previous game, Batman SLE/LE games were clearly targeted almost solely at the collector/home market. Comments at Expo indicate that Stern understands this, but with multiple examples of playfield problems this early in the life of the game, they clearly haven't done anything to address the expectations of this market segment.
If the playfield problems were one-offs, it would be a minor concern for the market overall. But if this is now a systemic problem with the primary component of a pinball game, it does not bode well for Stern, especially if operators and collectors actually do start voting with their wallets.
As an LE owner, I'm extremely discouraged and disappointed to see others with these issues. I hope I don't see similar problems, but it is unreasonable to expect my experience will end up being any different. I'm going to go over my game with a fine tooth comb before another ball is plunged and may even wait until I can install a full playfield protector. It is a shame I even have to consider that, but it's a travesty that some have already suffered such significant damage in such a short period of gameplay.

A freaking men

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

If Stern doenst send you a new pf we will all pitch in and buy you a new pf. Hell ill even fly out there and install it for you!

You serious Clark?

#732 7 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

My SLE has not been played yet, but the playfield has one large dimple around the magnet and the magnet has 1 large dimple (0 game plays) - during testing it was messed up I guess. How many balls do they typically test a game with bc honestly this is bs (% chance of getting craters seems high). I got a brand new game with a few dimples from factory testing. Heaven forbid I play the f&%&en game and end up in the same $hit storm. Any advice? 15k POS IMO from the few dimples I got New Out of Box. The theme is fun for some - great - but this game is made out of garbage. I can't believe the photos I saw of the dimpling from others. Are they out of their minds with this bs. That kind of money being thrown around deserves some respect - they $hit all over everyone. Nobody should be checking their damn game after 20 plays for this type of crap. There shouldn't be nuts and screws flying around everywhere. Nobody should be seeing that sort of thing at all - plain and dimple. They demanded a kiss ass video and a bag of money just to rush this trash out to everyone. Stern - take a moment - enough cutting corners - you asked premium pricing and gave out the worst quality controlled games in years. I'm more pissed off that others have such crazy awful playfields and everyone is taking glass off to see "minor" issues. Whatever - I know the cycle - everyone will still buy NIB until it happens to them - Stern better issue a public letter so everyone knows this won't happen on Aerosmith or Star Wars or Guardians - Sorry BM66 Owners - we got boned and paid the most.

"Plain and dimple". Genius

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big congrats!!!! I was wondering who would score the Batmobile!!!!

Hopefully the wheels don't fall off

#753 7 years ago

What happens if stern decides to make physical design changes to the game for later runs. Are owners of the early games just out of luck or do they warranty those same changes on early games? Anybody have experience with a precedent on this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#756 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Wow. You are new.
Sorry. Just chuckling to myself.
Remember these are commercial products not meant for home use

Glad you are so proud to have been in the hobby longer than me and get a laugh out if it. Congrats hot stuff

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I have heard TWD code is great! I just need a little more time for the code rage to pass! also, still waiting on GB and RZ code. don't play those much either! Save us all Lyman!

I definitely don't know much but my bet is we aren't gonna see too much more code on GB. You don't think current GB code is adequate and deep enough to at least make the game fun to play?

#792 7 years ago

I'm sure this has been talked about but is there an explanation for the 3 holes on top front edge of the back box?

IMG_3883 (resized).JPGIMG_3883 (resized).JPG

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Gotta believe those are for the rubber inserts for playfield to rest on when raised ( even though only 3 on IMVE) Think I'll call tomorrow and ask...

Does the location of the playfield change when it's raised? Don't understand the need for 3 holes. Would love to know what you find out about this if you don't mind sharing.

#820 7 years ago

Did several things this afternoon to try and help "clean up" the left orbit and left ramp shots. Was mainly having really bad issues with horribly rattled shots in left orbit (at multiple locations on the orbit) and balls flying off the left ramp. These changes really helped, so I thought I'd share. Thanks to my buddy Pigpin for the help and creative direction .

1. Pitched the game up to 7.2 (see level guide below for general idea)
IMG_3920 (resized).JPGIMG_3920 (resized).JPG

2. Put a rubber gasket on one of the left ramp screws to try and give the ramp a little steeper pitch as the ball moves up the ramp (see pic below)
IMG_3922 (resized).JPGIMG_3922 (resized).JPG

3. Double-stacked two pieces of pinball foam and put them between the left ramp wire form and the orbit gate (see pic below). This has also seemed to make this ramp shot LESS "rattly."
IMG_3923 (resized).JPGIMG_3923 (resized).JPG

4. Cut off the zip tie attaching the wire to the left ramp. Some of my left orbits shots were hitting this zip tie/wire. Then was able to zip tie the wire to the little rectangular metal post behind the ramp thus getting it 100% out of the way. (see pic below)
IMG_3924 (resized).JPGIMG_3924 (resized).JPG

5. The plastics on the left side of the left orbit were overlapping the actual metal on the orbit. I took a dremel and opened up the holes in these plastics so that there would be more give and slid them back so that they sat flush with the left edge of the ramp. (see plastics that I did this too below).
IMG_3925 (resized).JPGIMG_3925 (resized).JPG

No more balls flying off left ramp. Left orbit is better but still not great. Just think there is some bad geometry here maybe. I almost think it needs a guide extending off that blue rubber bumper pad located at the front left side of the left ramp to help ease the ball around the orbit. May try to build something and test it out.

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sad when it is coming to this on new games. How do those protectors install anyway, do you have to remove basically everything on a playfield to get them on? Seems like a PITA, anyone know? If it is ever coming to having to do this to enjoy a NIB game anymore, I am out, what a joke.

I'm not disciplined enough not to buy NIB anymore but the thought of having to add a playfield protector to these games is comical to me. Good lord. That just seems crazy.

#823 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Use a digital level or an iPhone app .. those bubble levels can't really tell you what degrees a machine is at.
I use PinGuy on my IPhone, free from the App Store. Works fine. Just make sure you set it up properly and push the playfield button (not glass .. can't level off the glass)
rd

Thanks RD. What do you mean by "push the playfield button". Just measured it using a level app off the playfield. Was trying to measure off the glass. Thanks for helping a rookie out. Cheers

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pro tip - never level off the glass.
Analogy - levelling your house floor by measuring the roof.
On the PinGuy app, there is a button down the bottom that says "playfield" or "glass". Push the playfield button.
rd

Thanks my man. It read 7.2.

#830 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's for special signs i'm making

But of course. Look forward to buying some at TPF.

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope it doesn't make the PF look dull, but I think I'd rather have dull than damaged.

It has to diminish the visual appearance of the playfield, right? And the beauty of the playfield is one of the best/enjoyable things about collecting games IMO. I just can't imagine laying a piece of plastic (or whatever material) over it.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Great post right here! I came to the same conclusion and saw you did too!!!
I did all of it except for adjusting the back left corner plastic. World of difference.
So the left ramp airball problem... The wireform on my pin has a ton of slop/play in it. Where the wireform and top of ramp meet, you can slide it around a lot in and out. The plastic guard is static in a fixed position but as you push the wireform deeper into the ramp exit, the higher the plastic guard became in relation to the ball path. Caused way too much gap and allowed uncontrollable airballs. I pulled the wireform out a bit from the ramp exit and it closed the gap.
I also added one additional washer to the right hand mount for the ramp. Where the bracket is attached on the back wall I took a flipper rubber and folded it flat and wedged it in there. Same fix and result as Cserold. The slop in the ramp was gone for the most part now, the gap between ball path and plastic guard much better and after a few games, and a couple dozen left hand ramp shots, not a single airball!!! Buttery smooth around the bend now.
Same thing with the cat lights wire. Snipped the zip tie and tied it with a new one to the metal wire guide underneath the ramp. Much better left orbit shot, not perfect, but worlds better. The inner ball guide is too short that leads back around the turntable edge. It should've come down towards the ramp another half inch or so. What happens sometimes is the ball will end up smacking into that edge (underneath / behind the ramp) and get rejected.
Making progress guys. Still need to figure out the leveling of the batmobile spinner yet...

Appreciate the feedback and additional info on other things you tweaked. Think we are all getting pretty good at "stern proofing" these new pins.

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Agreed. That's why I designed, cut and installed one ... no downside.

Not in the slightest. I was worried too but these are crystal clear. If anything, shinier than the original PF

Agree. I see no change in game play or feel.

Ice is correct, the only downside is you just don't know as I will never expose the PF to the ball.
At this point I have ZERO dimples after over 100 plays (not counting 4 very small marks on the magnet that were put there by Stern during factory testing)
I'm a believer in them for the below examples:
I think these are good for 3 types of machines ...
1) a high end machine that you want to keep mint for future value
2) a lower end machine that can be made more playable due to dished inserts
3) a machine that has had the mylar removed and was never factory cleared and you don't want to spend the time/money to clear it
I have a Big Betty's Truck Stop that falls in #3 type above. I bought that protector from the guys in Germany and the material is the exact same as my homemade one (PET-G)
Love 'em.
Picture is of my homemade one installed. Even hard to see it

Pretty damn impressive. Begs the question then...why in heck aren't they installing these at factory on the games if they are having continuous problems with the soft wood? Or at least give folks the option to request it be installed when buying. Sounds JJP may already be doing this, right?

#855 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Thanks for the left ramp fix post, washers and small foam addition, 10 minutes time, 100% fix!

You are welcome! Glad it helped

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Some pics with spots in/out. My far right is so firmly in that I didn't want to mess with it yet so take "in" in all four pics.. Haven't got/found whites yet, will update later, including better trough light.
I'm thinking more light is needed by the turn table too. I'll figure something out.
Man look how dim pic 2 is! Why have such gorgeous artwork and hide it in the dark

Looks great. Where do you recommending ordering spotlights from and do you order a kit or build them out from parts? Thanks for the help.

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Negative....George conveyed it was standard on SLE, accessory for LE ( same topper minus the beacon) , but wouldn't work on premium. There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

Good for them, if true...and I own a premium. They have to start offering things on LE versions that cannot be easily (and definitely not more affordably) added in the secondary market.

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The debate rages that game play should be identical from COSTCO to "Super duper every bell and whistle charged added and charged" machines.

Makes no sense to me either. Seems like most on this board would be very tempted to unload the bank on LE versions that offered a significant boost in play and especially code. Does this diminish sales of the "baseline" or "pro" pin? I wouldn't think so..assuming those versions provide a good perception on value for what owners are paying for them. But if Stern wants to start charging 10K, 12.5K+ for these versions they have to go this route IMO but, hell, what do I know. Hope they can keep making it work so we can play more pinball.

#1264 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just joined the club,used premium and the game has been play,I am the third owner and I don't have any ramp flings spinner or magnet ware or excessive dimpling,I am doing some mods and will post pictures latter this week but so far am loving it,needs code but that will come,I don't regret my purchase one bit and will hold tight for the Lyman to work his magic
I don't believe Stern will let there anniversary game fail because of Code.

Third owner??? Already?

#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know if you guys can see this or not but I dropped the motor, wasn't hard, remember it was half hanging on to begin with because of missing screws.
The wiring assembly is wrapped around the motor!
No wonder the wiring had no slack. Wtf!!!

It's garbage. Very disappointing.

#1355 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

.68 is a nice improvement and shows how good the game could be in time,3.8 gb takes a bit of time compared to the last game I updated gble around 1 Gb but all went well and now I can see some hope

The new code package has all the video clips embedded in it I believe so the new LCD on this and new games will lead to much larger code pacakges

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Same problem here; broken wire under turn table. Same loose batmobile.
The quality control feels like they shake the box at the end and if nothing goes out, it passes QC
I feel stupid thinking about buying Aerosmith.

Hilarious

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

I was in early on the LE and love the theme, artwork, LCD, ect...
But......
Is anyone else worried about this game??
I know the code is super early and am willing to be patient to a degree, but gameplay and flow seems kind of redundant and boring.
When I compare it to GBLE, the fun factor doesnt even seem close.
Anyone else feel the same??

Own GB PREM and had BM66 for a couple weeks before selling. For me, BM66 will never touch GB at any level

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.