IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaz009.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14792 4 years ago

After a month of waiting, my Catwoman edition is coming next week! Should I update right away? Or does the Catwoman edition come with a fairly decent code to begin with?

Also, are Catwoman editions still in production? I feel like I lucked out, I got the last one from my distributor.

1 week later
#14878 4 years ago

Got my Catwoman edition on Thursday. I love it and am enjoying it despite being very sick. I have a few questions (sorry if the pinball lingo is not correct, still a bit new to the hobby):

1. The ball goes “airborne” a lot. Every time I miss a ramp the ball is a inch or so off the ground. This did not happen when I had TSPP at all. I’m seeing a lot of dimpling already (only about 40-50 games in) which, again I did not see at all with TSPP. With that said B66 is much brighter if a game than TSPP so perhaps this is why I’m noticing this? The tilt is correct.

2. The ball is getting stuck a lot. It gets stuck to the right of the scoop behind the bumpers (mystery bonus scoop). It gets stuck to the right of the penguin crane in penguin mode (when penguin has the crane to the far right X). Is this normal?

3. The plunger seems very week and not smooth. Is the plunger supposed to be weak because you can also auto-plunge for a harder shot?

Despite these problems I’m loving the game. I don’t see it leaving anytime soon. I think it’s on version 1.0003, which seems to be only giving me two modes per main villain. I believe when I upgrade (which I’m afraid to do) there will be 4 modes per main villain?

Thanks in advance for the help!

2 weeks later
#15067 4 years ago

I’ve had my B66 Catwoman Edition for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely loving it. I’m so so SO glad I sold my TSPP (plus some rare video games) for it.

Two questions:

1. I understand dimpling is an issue with this game. Mine is dimpling A LOT. As in every game gives me new dimples. Is this normal?

2. I have not taken the plastic protector off the mini screen or the autographed card. Obviously the card is probably for the best for protection, but what about the screen? The air goes airborne a lot so I’m thinking the protection will help but maybe this screen will overheat or something if I leave it on?

Thank you very much in advance.

#15078 4 years ago

Thank you all those that replies to my questions.

Quoted from J85M:

Barely a single dimple on my original LE, but it sat unplayed for about 6 months before I got round to opening it and then spent the last couple years tombstoned while I had to deal with person issues and move home etc.
Personally I think the dimpling is made worse because stern are knocking these games out at such a pace we are getting them unboxed and playing on them before the clears really had time to settle and cure, could be wrong but my BM66 would say I’m maybe right.

This would not make sense in my case because I’ve only been playing my Catwoman edition for 3 weeks and it was one of the first 100 made.

To those suggesting the dimpling will even out over time ... I have a hard time believing that. That is to suggest the ball bounced on every part of the Playfield to make it perfectly even? Wouldn’t there be slightly deeper dimples than others? And this would also suggest the ball bouncing in the same spot wouldn’t make the simple larger? With all this said, it doesn’t really bug me.

Side question: Where does one purchase plastic feet for this machine and what colour do you recommend? I’m currently using feet that are used to move furniture around your house and it makes it look ugly.

Thanks again.

3 years later
#18300 6 months ago

Can someone please take pictures of the penguin scoop (inside and out)? I just bought a B66 and the scoop is not registering the ball. I had a look inside and I’m seeing electrical tape attempting to keep the switch wires in place. I’m guessing this is way it’s not working.

Any help would me much appreciated!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18301 6 months ago

Here’s pics of my penguin scoop switch. The vuk works fine when it does a search for a ball but the machine does not see that there is a ball in the scoop.

I’m tempted to take the electrical tape off and see what’s going on but I’m not that techy so if I can avoid doing that by moving the wires around that would be ideal (by seeing someone else’s penguin scoop switch photos).

Help would be great. I just got a B66 and can’t even play it! That scoop is so important to be able to play!

6EC6FDE5-22EB-4983-81C0-8695CE9B853D (resized).jpeg6EC6FDE5-22EB-4983-81C0-8695CE9B853D (resized).jpeg8937FDFC-6C43-4B51-A845-342CF6FC5616 (resized).jpeg8937FDFC-6C43-4B51-A845-342CF6FC5616 (resized).jpegEE54C270-6D35-4E79-89F0-6D3C66026863 (resized).jpegEE54C270-6D35-4E79-89F0-6D3C66026863 (resized).jpeg
#18304 6 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Hope this helps. That black tape is hiding something. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Such a big help. Thank you!

#18306 6 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Hope this helps. That black tape is hiding something. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I pulled off the tape for the switch. The metal tab (that goes in the scoop) instantly fell off when starting to peel off the tape (see pic). I then noticed a big chunk of plastic of the switch was missing. Finally as I took the tape off I saw the wire had broken off inside the tape.

My question is, if you were the buyer of this machine, how upset would you be? I see the electrical tape to be a bandaid to sell the machine. It DID work fine when I bought it for a few games. Would you chalk it up to buyer beware or should they be accountable for this?

I have made over 25 trades/buys/sales I’ve never dealt with anything like this. Yes, it’s a cheap part but I have to wait weeks for it come to me plus $20 shipping (Canada). Plus I’m not confident in my soldering abilities and might have to pay someone to fix this for me.

Check out the pics.

509B52FC-F193-4FE9-A257-3E9502352D43 (resized).jpeg509B52FC-F193-4FE9-A257-3E9502352D43 (resized).jpeg56F6301F-BDC5-4573-99CD-6298ACC601BC (resized).jpeg56F6301F-BDC5-4573-99CD-6298ACC601BC (resized).jpegB517245B-53C8-44F0-B076-0D535F36845C (resized).jpegB517245B-53C8-44F0-B076-0D535F36845C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#18325 6 months ago

Sorry for asking a question that I’m sure has been asked in this topic already (but I couldn’t find) … I seem to remember that when starting a game you can start with alternative modes. Example: Batman vs Joker in a surf competition.

Can someone please tell me how? I’m trying the different button combos on startup but nothing seems to work. Thanks.

#18328 6 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I believe you hold the left flipper in and then press the right flipper to cycle between the normal major villain modes and the “season 3 alternate” villain modes.
Press and hold left flipper, press right flipper to cycle through the current major villain’s two modes. Release the left flipper and push/hold it again to move to the next major villain, then push the right flipper to cycle through that villain’s modes.
It’s something like that, maybe slightly different. Just fiddle with combinations of the flipper buttons if the above doesn’t work. Gotta do it before the ball leaves the shooter lane and I think while no major villain mode is active.

Thanks. For some reason I thought it was a flipper button with the combination of the Start button. Thus why I couldn’t figure it out.

Love the Airedale in your icon btw!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaz009.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=chaz009 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.