934907C4-60E4-4748-B646-59ABA84ABEBA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8380 (resized).JPG
20210807_175532 (resized).jpg
IMG_8448 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210602_210416737~2 (resized).jpg
7FE04C33-7A3B-463D-A9F9-14C28D577CA0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (4 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (4 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12531 2 years ago

Where is a good place to get the Batman side rails, like on the LE or super LE? Marco has been out for awhile.

2 weeks later
#12643 2 years ago

I just ordered a B66 from Marco and won't get until after the Golden State Pinball Festival the weekend of May 17. I will take it home after the show. I've already been buying all kinds of mods and add on's for the game. Can someone educate me on the Batman and Robin topper? Are they not available for purchase? Or are they not making them anymore? Does anyone have one for sale?
Thanks

3 weeks later
#12826 2 years ago

Im getting my game next month. But I found this....53 year old Mad Magazine. Im going to frame it and put it up in my game room once my Batman gets here.

IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
#12921 2 years ago

Sorry if this question has been answered before. Is there a difference in the game play from the premium to the SLE? Are there some big differences between the 2? I see cosmetic differences between the 2 games, but i noticed in the new update document that there are different sounds. Im kinda confused what the differences are, other than the obvious cosmetics. Thanks

#12924 2 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

No gameplay differences, just that SLE owners have custom call outs that were recorded by Adam West.

Ah!! that makes sense now. Thank you

1 month later
#13295 2 years ago

Officially in the club now. Bought it about 3 months ago on a show special. The GSPF show was this past weekend and I got to bring it home last night. I have so many add ons/mods waiting to be put on this game. I put the legs on this morning and head hinges and then had to go to work.

58005908190__603A8441-FBBC-4ECA-9C04-1CD593117327 (resized).JPGIMG_2125 (resized).JPG
#13307 2 years ago

Im sure this has been discussed before but I cant seem to find it, but does anyone know how to add the Adam West speech call out to my Premium code?

#13309 2 years ago

Got it. thanks

#13323 2 years ago

I’m having the best time with this game. So much fun and it reminds me of my childhood. This is like the ultimate toy. My game was brand new with a build date of April 2019. Since Sunday, when I brought the game home from Golden State Pinball Festival, I’ve: updated the code, installed Stern headphone controls, shaker motor, custom back box hinges, bat side armor, game blades, premium villain topper with added bat signal, bat chopper, lighted cat woman figure, Robin figure, Batman figure, atomic pile, bat computer signs, bat signal in the corner of the playfield, Robin shooter rod with Kapow overlay, and bat symbol gadget selector. All I have left to do is the lighted speakers. It’s not a SLE but getting close. I’m also really thankful of this thread. Thank you to everyone that posts in here for all the ideas and trouble shooting.

09CEF7BF-87C1-46BF-9F9E-65881E514233 (resized).jpeg11CF64A1-C024-47DD-922C-201BFB437A12 (resized).jpeg218A115C-D5C1-414C-88AC-0B8AB8988BA0 (resized).jpeg5651358D-FE7C-47C1-BCCB-A5D89FE08101 (resized).jpeg6B5245DF-6F4E-4A77-B147-D31AE18FE090 (resized).jpeg93BFF1B5-09AE-4B30-A2B5-E953E36BFF6E (resized).jpeg94C7E96A-189A-4E0B-9355-591AB869E729 (resized).jpegA72D8512-BB9A-4A8E-9118-D47CD15F037E (resized).jpegB4351CD5-1ADD-4086-A11B-5DC40FE98197 (resized).jpegC9487DAA-83EC-4E48-9BD5-32DDE3BA3E75 (resized).jpeg
#13346 2 years ago

to the people that are running the mod couples speaker kit with those Jensen Dub 4ohm speakers. Did you change the speaker setting to 4ohm in the settings? or are you still running 8ohm output? just curious. I noticed a sound difference with switching between 4ohm and 8ohm. 8ohm sounds much better but im afraid im might mess up the amp with these 4 ohm speakers

2 weeks later
#13523 2 years ago

Im curious, for those who have the Catwomen edition, do they all have signed cards by Julie Newmar? Or is it just a select few? Also, did they take the catwomen scenes out that have Eartha Kitt in them?

2 weeks later
#13839 2 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I am attempting the atomic pile mod install. Any insight as to getting the 2 pin molex disconnected?

I just plugged my Atomic pile into the stock wiring. I didnt re route the line. Everything works. I just had a little extra wiring that i tucked under the pile. Am I missing something?

1 week later
#13923 2 years ago
Quoted from colinize:

what are everyone's favorite mods?

Read up in the thread. There have been lots of discussion and pictures about this. Recently too.

1 week later
#14022 2 years ago

Quoted from holminone:

Stupid question so sorry if this has been addressed. Put a couple of games in on bm66 and rocked the first one and got a free game. On the next game however the bat phone kept ringing ALL GAME every ball and despite my pounding the commissioner target and rotating thingy the damn thing kept ringing. What is the game needing you to do in this scenario?

#14035 2 years ago
Quoted from colinize:

Officially joined the club! Got my Catwoman signature edition yesterday.

YIKES! The cabinet is touching the Asphalt. I hope you didn't scratch the cabinet.

4 weeks later
#14352 2 years ago

Is there anyplace or anyone making custom backbox badges or has one for sale? I have a premium and would like to change mine. The custom Catwomen badges turned out nice, but I don't have a Catwomen model. Also, anyone know where to find the LE translite?

4388d0c73d66ac6e9e58d6c315b7bea5c25cb4b6 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14562 2 years ago

Got my Batgirl today

IMG_2487 (resized).JPG
4 weeks later
#14721 1 year ago

I wonder if we can get the SLE speech to work on a premium ?

#14724 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Maybe it's just me but I didn't see much more added to the code other then a few adjustments.

Thats what I was thinking too.

#14772 1 year ago

Don't forget the LE has the RED colored wired ramp. Makes a huge difference in game play

#14783 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

LE is the best Bat66, if you can find one. That topper is awesome! Like the armor and red habit trail too. Would love to buy the topper.

Does anyone know where one can be purchased? I know Stern didn’t sell them separately, which is unfortunate, but makes the LE elite because of it.

The Villains topper you might be able to find. I have one and I added the bat signal to mine and it all hooked up perfect. Bat signal works with game play.

#14844 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

This whole thing is crazy to me. I've bought a few new spike games.. GB, SW, GOTG, BM66, JP.. and had zero issues with any updates. It has never occurred to me that updating could fry a node board. I would be absolutely furious if installing an official code update fried a board and stern wouldn't do the right thing. That's bullshit

Me too. I have a B66, GB, and an AS that are all up to date on the code. Never had an issue. My B66 is less than a year old and only had minor issues, mostly just setup.

#14850 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One time one of my idiot VPs ordered $1 million dollars worth of custom paper

Was his name Dwight? Is your company Dunder Mifflin?.....Sorry couldn't resist.

#14854 1 year ago

What was the deal with code 10.04.0 ? I never saw it posted on the website, but I read some games were shipping with it. I went from 10.03.0 to 10.05.0.

1 week later
#14889 1 year ago

Installed a Stern Blue SLE ramp in my game last night....WOW! it is super fast now. I wonder if its because its NEW or if it's because it's painted? Either way...I like it.

CE2FD9D0-CD4B-4216-8568-C2D20A81D1CB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#14896 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did Stern stop selling the accessories for Batman? I don't see them on the website. I was considering the armor or maybe the bat signal.

It seems most official Stern accessories are sold out most everywhere. You'll just need to search vendors to see who has anything left in stock. Toppers are pretty much not available. I know the B&R that came on the LE and SLE you will only find from someone willing to sell their off their game. As for the Stern bat signal, look around on Ebay. I know Gameroom guys was selling a few of them at one time. The side rails can be custom made for you. Good Luck

#14898 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is the Bat Signal projector topper that Stern was selling game interactive?

The stern one yes it is. It does come on when you turn the game on and goes off once you start a game. During game play it comes on when the bat phone goes off. So this light connects into the backbox.

#14905 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

??? Details..?. I like that!!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9974-05
However, it looks like its out of stock now.

#14910 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:cant find the pinside store or website for Biglaw , Eaglemoss or Chrome Candy. I will keep looking.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy

#14912 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Dont think it would fit in a pin.lol

Thats the wrong Joker anyways...you wouldn't want that one. Has to be a 1966 Cesar Romero of some sort.

#14919 1 year ago

I guess you could have your ramp power coated. Anyone done this before? Does it hold up?

#14933 1 year ago

I sometimes view this thread in the image gallery. Then quickly scroll through the images to the mod I'm looking for then read the thread from there.

#14983 1 year ago

Which one would you suggest?? any thoughts on Robin?

ebay.com link: BATMAN ROBIN AND BATGIRL HALLMARK ORNAMENTs

I have these 3 in my game, plus Riddler and Joker. ALL Hallmark ornaments. That way they match.
This this not a very good picture and its before I added Batgirl. But if you Zoom in maybe you can see the placement.

58381628144__5CCEB9E4-421B-48C3-B97D-C264FF9E3082 (resized).JPG
#15048 1 year ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Does anyone have any advice for the best way to install inner side art (side blades) in a Batman '66? This would be my first time attempting these. I have the the version that Stern released and they came without directions. Take out the playfield or maneuver around it? Use clamps to hold it in place? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

They don't come with directions. I tried a few different ways. I usually pull the whole playfield out without disconnecting anything and setting it on a bench next to the game. Then just peel and stick. But in the case of B66 I wouldn't recommend doing it this way. You need to be very careful not to bend the housing of the rotating playfield. Have someone help you hold the playfield up. I stand the playfield up and take it off the rails and turn the playfield sideways in the cabinet. You could use some Rapid Tac but I didn't find it necessary. Hope this helps

#15059 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

you really should consider installing the newer Atomic pile,it really does improve the look of the Bat Cave!! Most everybody has done it!!

This really is the best mod for the game and a must have if you are really into the way the game looks.

#15068 1 year ago

Here is Steve Ritchies take on it

#15125 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

For kicks here are pics of the rubbers stern felt like putting on this new play field.

Wait.....so you bought the game new and never played it because the spinning playfield was messed up and this is the rubber from that game?

#15127 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's more like the replacement turntable he was sent was not brand new. As long as it works, that's what is important I guess.

OHHHHH ok, I get it now. Thanks

2 months later
#15499 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I think decals on the ramps would look tacky... IMHO...

agreed. at some point enough is enough

#15501 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I actually like the way they look, it fits with catwomen's lair purrrfectly. However to each is their own and folks will taylor machines to their fancy that what makes this hobby so much fun

Absolutely...to each their own. Nothing worse then someone telling you did it wrong and/or your style sucks... I love modding my games, but for me, at some point I say "That's enough"
I just added the cats mod to my game and they look great.

2 weeks later
#15566 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

If anyone knows of a Batman 66 Pinball topper please PM me.

Which Stern topper are you looking for? The Villains or the LE/SLE? Not that I have either for sale, just trying to help clarify.

2 weeks later
#15618 1 year ago

I installed the superkit and this baby is like a new machine.

Show us the rest of the kit you installed please.

#15620 1 year ago

That’s pretty sweet. Thanks for showing

#15622 1 year ago

Are you thinking of getting the system

I've already changed out the speakers on my B66 and have a external sub hooked up. Im pretty happy with the sound. However, Im thinking if upgrading my Metallica. Ive changed out the speakers and have a sub on my MET, but its still lacking on the mids and highs power. I looked into pinwoofer last year but held off. Now im thinking of pulling the trigger.

1 month later
#15785 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has anyone enabled
The custom SLE speech in the menu.

Me too...I wish someone would come up with a solution for the SLE speach

2 months later
#15958 1 year ago

I wanted to customize my B66. I felt the Premium badge was boring, so Im trying this. My game is pretty decked out and I feel pretty close to a SLE. I didnt want to make a SLE or LE badge because its not one of those. Anyways, Im not looking to make these other than just one. Just thought Id share my idea.

B66 1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15966 1 year ago

I am still looking for a Translite for the Pro or LE to go in a frame

Im confused. There is no Pro for B66. Only Premium , LE and SLE

#15971 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've seen non pro versions of Stern translites for other games for sale in the past at Marco's so they might pop up eventually.

Metallica is a good example of this

2 months later
#16232 1 year ago

Im waiting to see pictures of people mounting the new Penguin figure that just came out. Anyone? I haven't taken the time to find a spot for mine yet.

2 weeks later
#16262 11 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

And you still haven't upgraded from Stern's crappy ass atomic pile? I don't get it

The stock Atomic Pile by Stern is awful. A must upgrade.

#16269 11 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I need to upgrade my stock "pile" ASAP. Maybe this week.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 11.27.34 AM (resized).png
3 months later
#16481 8 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

my Node board blew

My biggest fears! Sorry this happened to you.

2 weeks later
#16529 8 months ago

I love playing this game. I feel there are 2 ways to approach this game. 1 is playing all the major villains and capturing them. Its so awesome to have the villian escape multiball. 2 is to play like the Jack Danger video tutorial and play all the sub villains starting with Bookworm, Mr. Freeze, and then start Tut. Maybe do a Shame and/or Egghead before Tut. I guess if Im playing for High score, I play the #2 way, but I think #1 way is more fun to play.

#16531 8 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

but it's much more difficult to pull off.

Agreed....nothing worse than losing a ball while trying to complete Mr. Freeze...ARGH!

2 weeks later
#16566 7 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It took a bit, but man, what a great game....still enjoy mine and play it often (though it still destroys me).

I agree with you. Love playing this game. I have had so much fun detailing this game out. My goal was to take my premium and make it as close to a SLE as I could. If I could just figure out the custom call outs in the code Id be pretty close.

1 month later
#16629 6 months ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

It's interesting that the ball search will drop it from the magnet but will not do it as part of regular gameplay. I really don't think its due to the ball being magnetized because if that was the issue the ball search function wouldn't let it go. Maybe I will do a coil check today and see if something stands out.

Oddly, I had this same issue. I did buy my game NIB too. I also changed the balls and it still did the same. I got used to giving it a little nudge and the ball would drop. This would always bug me. It almost seemed as if the ball was sitting on a ridge of the magnet or mylar crease. But the problem is no longer and it seemed to fix itself the more i played the game.

2 weeks later
#16665 5 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

I made it for my machine a long time ago. Maybe I should make some more and put them in my pinside shop.

Yes Please, Ill take one

1 week later
#16684 5 months ago
Quoted from EStroh:

My contribution to the efforts of Ben1981:

Forgive my ignorance, is this sheet for the order of villains to be played? I always played Bookworm first then Mr. Freeze then Tut. That doesnt always work out for me though.

#16689 5 months ago
Quoted from hool10:

Hey folks I got some questions. So I'm I'm currently debating mentally if I should buy the new GnR or my favorite game of all time, Batman '66. I know the last run is this July so I'm likely going to make up my mind this weekend. It would also be my first NIB.

What problems are usually found on a BM '66 or in general how well does it hold up?
I really like the Julie Newmar art package and did they limit that run to only 100 ever made?

Thanks and I hope to join the club potentially this weekend!

Jersey Jack makes some beautiful games. Ive never played GNR but I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
That being said, I am a Stern fan. More so, a 1966 TV series Batman fan. I was born in 1971, so growing up, I remember watching the re-runs of this show. I also got to meet Burt Ward as a kid and still have his autograph.
As for the game it self....George Gomez is one of my favorite game designers. The game flows really well and the code is really polished now. You can play it many different ways...meaning, you can go for the big villains or you can working the sub villains. The cut screens from the show are awesome and the call outs. Having Adam West (RIP) and Burt Ward doing call outs is way cool. I regret not buying when it first came out and getting the SLE and having it personalized with the call outs from Adam. But at the time, I didnt have the money. I did buy mine NIB 2 years ago and have add/changed as much as I could to make it look like/be like the SLE or better. I was lucky enough to get a Villains topper with bat signal light. I personally love everything about this game especially the artwork. Chris did an amazing job. For me, the game is Batman not Catwomen. Although the Julie Newmar artwork is amazing, I prefer the Dynamic Duo, but to each their own.
As to which one you should get? Well being that this is the Batman 66 thread, im sure all of us would say get Batman. But you need to decided what you like more. Both games will hold their value really well. Good luck and post some pictures when you get whichever game.

#16695 5 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

And what is that strategy...??

This should explain it. If you fast forward to 7:20 Jack will explain.

#16697 5 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

He makes it look SO damn easy.....and it ain't!

TRUTH!

1 month later
#16752 3 months ago

Just read up in the thread. I posted a video about it on post #16695

Quoted from rai:

I’m hopefully getting BM66 in the near future.

Just been reading the rules. Have a question about the minor villain modes. What is the most valuable/important?

It seems like Egg is the least important because it only gives points.

Bookworm seems like the best if you are able to complete a few it’s best to have bonus carry over from ball to ball.

Tut and Hatter both important work together. Not sure what is more important I think Tut (save progress also more points during modes).

Iceman very powerful

Shame good but not as iceman or bookworm.

Do you guys have a specific plan for maximum points?

Does it seem like Egg is too underpowered considering it gives nothing but points where Tut gives two bonus. But it does seem like Egghead is fairly easy to complete.

1 month later
#16820 45 days ago

It seems that my game always defaults to Penguin as the first villain when you start a game. I know you can change the villain by hitting others before you answer the phone. But does anyone know if there is a way to change the default villain?

#16823 45 days ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Is the bat phone ringing as soon as you start a game?

No, bat phone is not ringing right away. That works as normal. I was just noticing that every time its on Penguin until i activate a different villain.

#16829 44 days ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Gotcha. I'm guessing either game adjustments are requiring fewer/no shots for Penguin, or your penguin scoop switch needs adjusting. Don't think it's normal for Penguin to be lit until qualified.

Im a big dope. I just realized what the issue is....nothing. Penguin is lighting just like all the other villains at the start. See in my pic..I was thinking that it goes into the penguin mode first. Sorry for all the confusing. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

IMG_5851 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside