IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9115 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was hoping someone would get on one tonight and give us a preview.

+1

Please. And ideally while the game's sound is still audible before the show noise blocks it out!

#9162 6 years ago

FYI for those not already aware: Dead Flip will be streaming Batman 66 w/ new code from TPF this eve on Twitch along with Lyman Sheats and George Gomez.

#9165 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Do you know what time?

No. Jack Danger finished a 5-hr stream of Guardians and then said he would be streaming BM66 in a few hours. I assume he's taking a dinner break in addition to resetting his equipment. Stern has a seminar at 7 PM so it's probably after that.

Whatever you don't catch live should be available recorded on Twitch.

#9187 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Saw the Guardians video but not Batman. Anyone have a link?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239959487

#9203 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you a Batman fan and on the fence about the game, call your distributor and order one now. There is no doubt in my mind that Lyman and company will make this arguably Stern's best game ever. As for when we see the final code - who cares? Awesomeness is absolutely worth the wait in this case.

Good advice man! I've been enjoying playing Batman 66 on route a lot recently and actually put a deposit down on a new one just before the start of TPF. This game is certainly proof that good things take time!

And, just because:

Batman nesting dolls (resized).jpgBatman nesting dolls (resized).jpg

#9250 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Personally the one #Doc sells works on all machines and looks much better at 1/3 the price.

Yep - looks very nice both image-wise and price-wise!

#9251 6 years ago

Dead Flip BM66 streams from TPF w/ latest code preview up on YouTube now:

#9257 6 years ago

Holy hellacious height Batman! The Stern projector unit (w/base) is 28" high?! Or is that long? Hard to tell from this pic:

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6656648

#9259 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Lol that's length. Height is about 10". Here's johnnyutah's Batsignal on his machine.

Thanks. I'm still not seeing 28" length-wise either, but much better regardless!

#9261 6 years ago

Ah hah - thanks for the additional clarification Doc. Sounds like a properly attached Stern projector should hold up to some pretty aggressive game shaking anyway! I like the mobility that yours allows though.

#9341 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. I used to have to stop playing LOTR after like 40 Mins to let the flipper coils cool down for a while. Then come back and play for another 30 minutes.
Got tedious. Out the door she went.
rd

Wow - 124 games and no LOTR?!

1 week later
#9454 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

... maybe I will get lucky and with 1.0 Stern will also announce a Batgirl based alternative Premium art package, maybe a Catwoman/Batgirl package ala the "Divas" translite they did for WWE

If they do, be sure and buy a lotto ticket ASAP thereafter, for you will be truly lucky.

1 week later
#9673 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Couldn't afford the LE so I am bringing my Premium to that level. Robert just Powder Coated my Batman 66 Wire Ramps in what he calls Catwoman Purple. These pics do it no justice as it looks amazing. Thanks Robert for a great job and great price.

Cool! I'm having the same thing done on my impending Refinery BM66 - except I'm going with "Riddler" green for the left ramp and "Joker" (Metallica) purple on the right.

#9680 5 years ago

Some nice 0.90 code streaming by Dead Flip today:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251912594

#9711 5 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I installed the super super LE translite last night. Censored since it is NSFW. ...

Which episode/season is this from?! I can't seem to find it in my DVD set.

#9723 5 years ago

Still waiting for mine. Getting anxious.

#9732 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Do you twenty84 still have the Gadget button things for sale? Interested in just the insignia around the button.

https://chromecandy.com/collections/all

#9771 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

... Can‘t find a good video with the newest code, did the latest update change gameplay a lot? ...

Check out everyone's "brother" Jack playing latest v0.90:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251912594

1 month later
#10041 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Today we officially launched our own website to make our creations more accessible and continue to grow.

Thanks - nice site! Just placed my mods order for my soon to arrive BM66!

#10094 5 years ago

Today's Dead Flip stream of 0.92 code:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267911156

#10114 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A 3.5 billion on the bonus? Wow ...
10B for the game - too many digits for the match sequence!

Just watched this AM - amazing! Jack Danger's reaction is great too.

The game goes on for quite a while beforehand, but for those who wish to cut right to it, the mega bonus is collected at 1:41:ish into the stream.

2 weeks later
#10177 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

... Since I wasn't sure what color I'd like the most, I made a couple sets of each color. If anyone is interested in one of my extra sets I will sell them for $25 each shipped in US.

Look great - thanks for making these available Brian!

1 week later
#10253 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Maybe I'm the only stupid one, but I just realized that these two guys from Joker 104 are Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara.

I had to laugh when I first noticed it - very cool. How many times did you play it before you realized it?

1 week later
#10340 5 years ago

Congrats Jay - Batman 66 is a fun game! I've really been enjoying mine the last couple months when I've had time in the midst of doing a major house project. Now that that is winding down, I'm looking forward to finally getting to install all of the cool mods I bought for my game and learning the rules better. AND with the remaining anticipated code updates, the best is yet to come for BM66!

1 week later
#10357 5 years ago

Great interview with Lyman Sheats on the 100th episode of The Slam Tilt podcast! For those interested in BM66 past and future info, skip to 2:02:30 and enjoy!

http://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2018/07/18/episode-100-lyman-laments/

#10375 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

BM66 has entered Lyman greatest hits status, kind of like TWD.

I enjoy playing my BM66, but the jury is still out for me regarding the code's degree of overall greatness. I'm still learning the nuances of the various minor villain modes and researching strategy though. The most encouraging thing to me is how much more code is supposedly still on the way from Lyman Sheats.

#10388 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

As much as I love Batman... It took them 2 month for this? I will skip this one, dont wanna lose my scores for this little...

Holy holdoff! Hi-scores be darned citizen - we're talking new modes and fixes here!

Life is too short - experience new BM66 fun and relive the thrill of setting all-new scores!!!

#10394 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Anyone else notice the video quality of the episode clips from the new Season 2 Mad Hatter mode aren't as good as the rest of the game's clips?

Yeah - they look just a titch less hi def to me too.

#10440 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've noticed with the new code there are many ways to adjust the sound to your liking under the Utilities tab. I made a few adjustments and with my FF speakers this machine is starting to sound Really nice.

Thanks for this info! Just finally got around to installing a Pinnovators sub module & Polk subwoofer; made a few adjustments; and HOLY HARMONICS!!! BM66's audio now blows my other Sterns' away!

#10485 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Next question say you start a minor villain, then accidently start a major or some other mode. All the arrows change color for the new mode so it's difficult to tell which shots you need to complete the minor. Is there something I'm missing?

Quoted from Jahkub:

Sometimes the arrow colors are blended but not usually, what you can do is press and hold the lock bar button to switch the focus between modes to the one you want to work on.

Holding the button down for 1-2 seconds will also "switch tv channels" (exchange the video being shown on one of the smaller tv's with the one currently on the full screen).

#10520 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sure I like a challenge and discerning eye! If you squint you can see which is the non-clone.... Close and function was my goal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic! Available on The Mod Couple website how soon?

#10599 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Does anyone have tips on how I can connect an external sub to this game?
Thanks in advance!
Adam

Pinnovators subwoofer connection kit (module plugs into backbox board) and Polk PSW10 subwoofer.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=2imlu6teermn1ucu3ik0i3ktn6

1 week later
#10714 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You can select which villain episodes you want before you plunge the first ball when the Batman logo fades out. Press and hold the right flipper to select the villain, then press the left flipper to select the episode. Press and hold the right flipper again to go to the next villain, ect. ect.
To change between active modes on the lcd, press and hold the gadget button for about a second.

If you don't happen to have a major villain mode running, you can select episodes as well before plunging subsequent new (not saved or ball lock awarded) balls. This doesn't tend to occur too often for me though.

1 week later
#10791 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if others have reviewed the newest HeadtoHead pinball podcast (#58) but I strongly suggest having a listen. George Gomez goes over much of Deadpool but more importantly he talks quit a bit about the direction of Batman 66, code updates, and the vision Lyman has for this title in the Very near future. Good listen. If your not interested in the Deadpool or company direction interview you can FF to around 1:25 area where he starts the Batman 66 story.
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/08/27/episode-58-george-gomez/

I've listened to the Batman section of the interview twice now and although George Gomez states that Stern has a list of code upgrades they plan to make for BM66 yet, it kind of concerns me that the ONLY thing he specifically (and repeatedly) mentions is completing the minor villains. I'm guessing that there will be more than just those, but it would have been cool to hear something regarding them nonetheless. Additional feature upgrades I hope to see (and hear) include more of the Penguin, more crane functions, Villain Vision implementation on mini TV, additional gadget incorporation(s), etc.

#10797 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think the reason for him being vague is because he doesn't know, Lyman is probably the only one that knows what he is planning, I kind of got that impression when George is talking about Lyman and the code and says something like "yeah he really surprised me how he took episodes of the show and made them fit into the physical game" I got the impression George was impressed and almost surprised by it, could be wrong!?
All I do know is Gomez said he thinks the next drop is 0.94 which is only 0.01 up from where we are now, I find that really exciting because I was honestly expecting George to say 0.98 or version 1.00, Lyman is really taking his time with this one and its already my favourite game out of my collection.

I agree that the next upgrade being only 0.94 bodes well for the final code as I look forward to many more (high score resets be damned!). On the surface, it seems a bit strange that the game designer wouldn't be aware of what the coder is planning to implement yet, but given that it's Lyman Sheats, I guess not. Either way, I bought into BM66 for what it currently offered as well as what it looks to be when finished - so life is good!

#10851 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone else thing the minors are too difficult?

I currently find them difficult to complete - and have not made it to the Batusi mode yet either - but I can't really say that they're too difficult at this point as I've been focusing on the major villains more. I need to bone up on the shots and nuances of the minor villains yet.

That's the excuse I'm going with for now anyway.

#10886 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

“If zippers were only that....easy...”
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, Batman was never going to go there. SIGH.

1 week later
#10964 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Already voted for BM66, which thanks to Lyman is easily my favourite game in the last 5 years.

Too late - apparently not worthy as it didn't make the subsequent "Pt. 2 Show Down" poll thread.

#10973 5 years ago

Holy jambalaya! Who dat say dey gonna beat Batman?

Congrats on FINALLY joining the club you started!!!

#11015 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Though that was apparently before Lyman really knew what he wanted to do with the game and I think George later clarified that was only an example of what they could do.
I think taunting would be neat but where would you use it in the current implementation? I don't see where it fits now.

I think there are plenty of opportunities - it doesn't have to be anything complex. For example, how about a dedicated (separate from the LCD) TV clip (ideally a close-up) of the applicable villain each time one of their modes is activated?

#11024 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I might wait and see if Wonka is real and fun too.

You're going to be waiting a while.

1 week later
#11122 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Stern Of The Union BM66 Update:
Batman ’66 – We hope you enjoyed last week’s release (v0.95.0) and there is still plenty in store! We are hard at work on the next upcoming update.

Yay!

#11199 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That it, I’m now convinced @docquest is actually in fact Lyman himself!

Holy hoodwink!

4 weeks later
#11435 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Sometimes you have a good game...
Ended with 28B
[quoted image]

Holy shit Batman!!!

Those are metric points though right?

1 week later
#11512 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Do you guys think 1.0 will arrive this week? The past few updates were released in an interval of two weeks each... Or they might take longer to make 1.0 beautiful? Or they are even fooling with us by releasing 0.99.1

Could be weeks or months - who knows? Regardless, based on recent updates, v1.0 hopefully won't be the last as I'd love to see a lot more code filled out.

3 weeks later
#11759 5 years ago

A lot of great scoring and strategy info provided in this BM66 stream with the Lefkoffs by Colorado Pinball last week:

http://www.twitch.tv/coloradopinball/v/345216259?sr=a

3 weeks later
#11966 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman now has the deepest ruleset of any game Stern has done. There are 4 modes that would qualify as wizard modes and a virtually unlimited number of paths to get to them. Each major villain has two episodes with multiple (optional) segments per episode and varying lengths of the “to the Batcave” sequence depending on your play. There are 14 minor villain modes and Bat Turn mode. Getting to see all the footage and game play is no small feat. I doubt I’ll ever see it all or feel disappointed that the game is too easy or that it’s too hard to “finish”.

I'm not sure that this is necessarily true when considering rulesets alone as both WPT and TSPP have very deep Keith Johnson created code packages. I can see this being more of the case when you include the related displays as BM66's video footage selection far surpasses the collective DMD animations on the older two games.

3 weeks later
#12255 5 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
New to BM66 and loving it!
I am only a casual player, so will someone please provide a simple explanation as to how I start the crane??
I have started it a few times but have no idea what I did to start it!
Thanks, so much.

The crane initially operates as Level One of the Penguin's mode. Shoot the scoop twice to activate the Penguin and then shoot (answer) the phone to start his mode.

#12257 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I think the crane might also come out for level three of the first Penguin mode and level one of the second penguin mode, and during Villain Escape.

Thanks. I've now refined my post to state "initially operates".

1 week later
#12314 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

... I do get regular bounce outs from the Bat-signal saucer though.

+1

A LOT more bounce outs here for me too!

2 weeks later
#12423 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

... I made a little cheatsheet and stuck it on the wall next to my machine. ... I attached the image in original size if someone has the same issue. Credits go out to the excellent rule sheet on tiltforums, very helpful! ...

Cool - thanks!

1 month later
#12789 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Any suggestions on a good rules sheet to read? I have no idea what I'm doing haha.
Played a couple of games last night, and I jailed all 4 major villains, and then had the Bat signal flashing. Couldn't figure out what to hit to start it, but I eventually got it going (no idea how) and started a 4 or 5 ball mode (no idea which one).
Game is an absolute blast, but really have no idea what going on!

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet

#12795 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Im literally joining the club right now
[quoted image]

Cool! Enjoy - it's a bitchin' game!

#12823 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I joined the club the other day when I bought zdoor's custom "SLE" Premium. I couldn't be happier. I thought I would post some pics to share. I wish I could take credit for all of the custom work done on this pin. All I can do is admire it and say that I'm proud to I have it in my collection. He even powder coated the service rails!
I'm stoked!

Sweeeet - love the customized coin door bezels, legs, and backbox hinges especially! The powdercoated service rails are a nice standard Pinball Refinery touch.

1 week later
#12982 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Loving the slingshot flashers in the new code. Also can't stop playing Mr Freeze because of the sounds from his freeze gun when you hit the shots...love em!

Just loaded the latest code yesterday and agree that these additions are great!

Is it my imagination or are there additional Penguin sounds in his major villain modes too? The ReadMe doc mentions additional speech for Super Jackpot 3/4, but it seemed like more than that to me. I could be mistaken though as I don't typically play Penguin a lot.

#12990 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only inconsistent shot on my game seems to be the target inside the bat cave. Does anyone else see inconsistent hit behavior on this target?
Rob

Yep - mine doesn't seem to register a lot of the time either. That and the mystery saucer at the top right (ball rebounds back out half the time or more).

Need to look at both yet.

1 month later
#13366 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m thinking of turning off my shaker motor to avoid the risk of it causing node board damage. ... Is disabling it too much of a nervous Nellie move?

I vote yes

3 weeks later
#13717 4 years ago

Yep - that's Batman 66 alright.

Congrats!

1 month later
#14347 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

... I got my game as a show demo deal, it was NIB but was played ~400 times at the show before I received it. ... and it's got it's fair share of dimples on it now ...

Too late - you're screwed.

Just kidding of course. I put a playfield protector on my first modern (i.e. more expensive) game and in retrospect, it was not worth the cost and effort. Enjoy your game and don't worry about playfield dimpling!

1 week later
#14386 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I tried to order a set of Cliffys the other day and he said he's backed up until May. ...

Backed up until MAY 2020?! Really!???

Holy hellatious halt Batman! Sounds like Cliffy needs to upsize!

BIGtime!

3 weeks later
#14459 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I am running a end of summer sale with 20% off my website, so now it is the time to get that upgrades batwing side rails for your BM66 Premium ...

Bought my BM66 Premium via Steve/Pinball Refinery including bat wing side rails and powder coating.

Excellent products, workmanship, and service!

#14471 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Me too... with more Joker stuff and finally the "Villain Vision" doing what Stern promised to all of us

And more Penguin crane modes too please!

1 month later
#14785 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE has very cool interactive topper, different translite, different cabinet art (that I much prefer) metal flake powder coated bat wing armor and legs (same as SLE) Adam West signature, art blades ect....

Quoted from bicyclenut:

Don't forget the LE has the RED colored wired ramp. Makes a huge difference in game play

Quoted from docquest:

Shaker as well

AND ... it goes to 11.

#14793 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

After a month of waiting, my Catwoman edition is coming next week! Should I update right away? Or does the Catwoman edition come with a fairly decent code to begin with?
Also, are Catwoman editions still in production? I feel like I lucked out, I got the last one from my distributor.

I'd update right away (if necessary) and be done with it before you have any high scores to be lost.

#14803 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You shouldn't have to worry about that any more with spike games. As far as I know all updates from now on will auto-save your high scores and settings adjustments.
It's been a while since I updated a spike game and lost my high scores.

Good to know - thanks. I must have missed this change. My Batman 66 high scores have been reset every time I've updated the code in the past.

1 week later
#14937 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Installed a Stern Blue SLE ramp in my game last night....WOW! it is super fast now. I wonder if its because its NEW or if it's because it's painted? Either way...I like it.[quoted image]

Actually, because it's blue. Studies have shown that wireforms on the cooler end of the color spectrum perform noticeably faster. Less aesthetically induced thermal friction.

2 weeks later
#15128 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

... For kicks here are pics of the rubbers stern felt like putting on this new play field.[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my.

Congrats on a finally working turntable though. I bet you're going to enjoy the game a HELLUVA lot more now!

11 months later
#16331 3 years ago

Discounted BRAND NEW Batman 66 mods!

Selling a bunch of brand new Batman 66 mods, at discounted prices, that I never got around to installing in my game before selling it recently. Pick and choose what you're interested in:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106417

Also offering one of a brand new Bat-signal Ceiling Projector that I originally purchased from Docquest:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106416

PM me with any questions. Thanks.

2 years later
#17977 1 year ago

Offering a BRAND NEW Batman 66 plastics protector set - no longer available from Little Shop of Games:

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “BRAND NEW, unused set of new plastics protectors that I purchased a few years ago for my former Batman 66 game, but never installed before I sold it. Five (5) lower playfield pla...”
2023-01-30
Kitsap, WASHINGTON
50 (OBO)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 40 times

#17984 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Was Batman 66 the first machine with a video screen?

I thought Aerosmith was.

#17986 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Pinwiki has this
[quoted image]

Pinwiki schminwiki. What do they know?

I could have sworn Aerosmith was first as I recall all the buzz at the time re: it having an LCD screen. I'm trying to remember now if Batman 66 had a semi-delayed widespread release due to its super slow developed code.

#17992 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... At expo in Oct 2016 Batman was in attract mode and unplayable with ropes guarding it. I remember it being so close but just not ready for release . That was the year of sterns anniversary and the Gary roast with the excellent ed Roberts playing for the show.

Right - I recall that as well. I'm trying to remember though if, due to lack of code, the BM66 release sputtered enough initially that the subsequently released Aerosmith stole its LCD screen thunder per its greater gameplay appeal at the time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.