IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10474 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think that’s the smart move as your problem is very odd only being out of alignment in one direction, I hope you get it fixed ASAP as it’s a great mech/toy easily one of my favourites, love smashing the crane!

I don't think this is anything new. I had the same issue on my BDK crane toy. It wasn't off much, so I never really gave it a ton of thought. I would be curious to see what Stern says about it.

2 weeks later
#10667 5 years ago

Code update process. I’ve never done a new Stern spike 2 update. Trying to update to .93 from .90. What are the quirks? How long does it take etc? seems to be stuck on 55/4181mb for quite a while. Don’t want to interrupt but I’m worried I might hose it. Any help from those that have performed one?

#10669 5 years ago

Redownloading code and will try again. Think one of the three files might have been messed up. Hopefully 2nd times a charm

#10670 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the three files should be called? After downloading from Sterns website and unzipping I have the following on my usb stick:

batman-0_93_0.spk.003.000 file is of type 000 size is 1,953,125 kb
batman-0_93_0.spk.003.002 file is of type 002 size is 302,410 kb
batman-0_93_0.spk.003 file is of type 003 size is 2,255,535 kb

usb is a 16gb formatted fat 32 Sandisk

#10673 5 years ago

So my problem was that one of the three files on the usb was compressed and caused the update to crash. FYI....I have a windows 10 laptop. Apparently the compressed file from Stern does not like either Winrar or Windows 10 native software for decompression. Once I decompressed with 7-zip everything worked. Never had a file not like certain decompression software before. Now that I know future updates should move along nicely.

#10674 5 years ago

Btw how active is the magnet for Joker or batphone hits? I don’t notice a ton of action. My magnet is working. I thought I remember it throwing the ball all over the place or even sometimes holding it. Just curious?

#10677 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Mine does both. Tosses the ball all over and holds during Bat Phone.

Interesting. I’ll have to check for adjustments. It is definitely working as it did grab the ball and throw it around 1 out of the 4 or 5 times I shot it up there

#10699 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Does anyone know if there is a list of game adjustments and what exactly each adjustment does?
Also. Does anyone know if there is a power adjustment for the magnet? I saw the setting to turn it off/on but I haven’t seen anything else. Mine only catches it about 20% of the time when answering the phone.

I'm wondering the same thing. It may be that the magnet cannot be active every shot for a reason. Would be nice to know all the same. I was watching a video of Dead Flip and BM66 and that magnet grabbed and deflected the ball even less then mine.

#10708 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

has anyone seen an issue with the joker mode since the last update? there is no final red light shot to lead to the jackpot to jail the joker. the 2 white targets by the car keep flashing, but no last shot appears. the only way i know to beat the mode is to use gadget button and then the jackpot light flashes to jail the joker. i assume is the last code as i didn't have before and all my lights seem to be working.

I'll have to check this out and report back. Hadn't noticed honestly.

#10771 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

For all you Pinstadium Fans, what settings are you running for your BM66?
I have:
- RGB at 100% (slight pull to purple/blue hue)
- Warm at 30%
- UV Flashers linked to the pop bumpers

Speaking of Pinstadium...I have a question. My used BM66 is the only experience I have with this mod so I'm learning on the fly. With my setup the only time I notice them is when the machine is in attract mode. When I start a game they seem to shut off and the PF darkens quite a bit. I do like them, but Why do they shut off during play? Are they hooked up wrong possibly? I thought one clip was for GI and the other was on a flasher. I did manage to install the app and hook them up to my phone. They seem to be functioning fine via the app. Anyone with more experience please enlighten me?

#10780 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Reach out to Scott. You won't find a more supportive product builder then him. My guess is you have a loose connection but he will help you out no question.

I will do that. I'm sure it's my ignorance with the product more then anything.

1 month later
#11143 5 years ago

Impressive arcade Dave to say the least. I now have a video to show my wife if she gives me crap about needing just one more. . I can always say look sweetie there is one dude in Australia way crazier then me. . Then she will probably say in an exhausted tone. “Sure....go ahead”

2 weeks later
#11302 5 years ago

The side art issue I can see clearly, but the PF issue is difficult for me to make out...Is that a bubble as well or light reflecting?

3 weeks later
#11530 5 years ago

Wonder what "Some custom SLE speech" is? I had heard it was to be the name of the SLE owner at some point. Congrats to the SLE owners as someone mentioned.

2 weeks later
#11728 5 years ago

Thinking about loading the new code...Does 1.0 still have the launch lane coil adjustment? Heard that they may have left it out in this update.

#11732 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

The adjustment is there. I used it. It’s near the end of the game features adjustments menu.

Cool. Thanks for the verification. Need to stop being lazy and get that new code loaded.

2 months later
#12486 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Officially joined the club today- yeah!
I had my BM66 scheduled to arrive today and got the call this morning that my Munsters LE had just arrived.
Both pins showed up this afternoon and man, they are a blast.
BM66 definitely has the much deeper code and polish.
It’s a beautiful looking pin and I love the theme integration.
I’m looking forward to putting some serious time on this awesome title this weekend.
I’ve also attached a pic of my 4 newest additions- all very different playing games but I feel Stern is making some amazing looking pins. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...Holy Node board Batman! I think all the modern Sterns are fun as heck to shoot. In saying that I always have a worry in the back of my head about the Node board issues I've read about. I'm glad I only have the one BM66 to worry about. After a recent code update I couldn't get it to boot. Finally after a few restarts it did and has been working fine ever since. Thought I almost joined the club.

#12492 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I love Batman enough that I’m thinking of buying a NIB Premium as a backup (which is probably over the top extreme)

Would that I could. I honestly would have an Iron Maiden and am interested in the Munsters as well..Just buying an entire game room full of NIB Sterns has me thinking twice given how expensive the Node boards are. Also availability is a concern years down the road even more than price of the boards. I'm sure someone will reverse engineer these things at some point.

1 month later
#12892 5 years ago

I've found that in a home use only environment Cliffy's aren't needed as much. Unless you play your pins almost nonstop which I guess some of us do. To each his or her own I guess...Honestly some of them are such a pain to install that they are just not worth it to me. I wonder what the general pinside opinion is on this?

#12895 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I just got my BM66 on Friday. I ordered the full Cliffy set. All have been installed, with the exception of the Penguin Cliffy. It looks like it's going to be a be-yach to install.

I certainly understand wanting to armor them up and protect your investment. I've actually had to take one or two off over the years as shot rejects just became a bit much. Hole/scoop was none the worse for wear btw.

#12897 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:I'm just wondering why should I care if to protect a part of the playfield I'll never see because I'm covering it by protecting it. Who am I protecting it for? Is there a benefit to protecting it for other reasons, for example will the damage spread outside the future cliffy covered area?

Not so much spreading, but keeping it from starting in the first place would be my guess. Keep it newish looking as long as possible...Maybe impact resale down the road.

#12898 5 years ago

True, but as I said in the home they don't take nearly the abuse as out in the wild. If I operated something I would for sure try and protect it as much as possible.

#12899 5 years ago

I've had a Stern POTC new in box since 2006 with no cliffy's and I have not had a single issue or wear spot develop anywhere. Almost every Pirates I've ever seen in the wild however is a huge POS.

#12901 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Yeah, but when I resell I'll have the scoop on

Makes sense

1 month later
#13239 4 years ago

Anyone have any issue with the 1.03 code download from Sterns website? I downloaded and go to extract and I get one zip archive and two .spk files. It's not the usual three .spk files for me. Thoughts from someone that has downloaded and installed successfully?

#13240 4 years ago

Did something change since the last version or did I get a bad download?

#13250 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would redownload and then make sure it all looks get when you unzip it. No changes or difference with the latest patch.

Downloaded several times using different computers and different compression software with the same result...Which is after I download from Stern I extract and to my USB drive (As I have done many times before) and I will get two .SPK files and a compressed file. Usually I remember getting three .SPK files after decompressing. If I try to decompress the file I get an error stating it may be corrupted. Maybe I'll call Stern on Monday before I attempt and brick my machine. . Anyone else have any thoughts? Anywhere else that it can be downloaded?

#13253 4 years ago

Downloaded code on my Mac and then updated. Table froze once, but after restart seemed to go smoothly. Not really sure what to make of it? I've updated this machine so many times I've lost count. Maybe a problem with newer version of Winrar or something on my laptop it didn't like?

#13260 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Have you tried this?
Please download the free open source archive extractor. 7-Zip from this link http://www.7-zip.org/ and install before unzipping the game code
I use this now to extract all updates and don't have any issues

I did actually. In the end I was able to get it to update with no problems. Haven't determined what the actual issue was/is? We will see on the next one

1 week later
#13312 4 years ago

Just curious as to why anyone would buy a duplicate game? Maybe to keep the plays low on your original? Personally I would rather have something different...Unless space and money are not an issue. Nice problem to have I suppose

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=TomN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.