IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10327 5 years ago

Hi everyone, longtime lurker, somewhat recent bm66 owner.

I think I've found an interesting bug in the .92 update but haven't been able to verify it on another machine yet. The bug has to do with completing the Mad Hatter minor villain mode, which seems to not only reward you with his ability of replaying minor villain modes but also seems to reward you with Bookworms ability of carrying rewards between balls.

I initially noticed that rewards were carrying ball to ball after beating Mad Hatter but couldn't figure out why for a few games. One particularly good game I earned a high score of 107m on Mad Hatter and at the end it gave me the high score for Bookworm instead despite never even playing Bookworm in that game.

I guess I'm curious to see if anyone else can test this out for me to prove it as a bug?

#10332 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Bookworm carryover rewards are not being implemented correctly at this point, Stern is aware of this.
Bookworm comes up on the high score table also from a new egghead high score. The recording is indeed incorrect. This is a bug that Stern is aware of.

Ah good, I'm glad they know about it already. I guess I'll miss the lucrative side of this bug, having nearly continuous shame mb is pretty nice while it lasts.

3 weeks later
#10481 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Next question say you start a minor villain, then accidently start a major or some other mode. All the arrows change color for the new mode so it's difficult to tell which shots you need to complete the minor. Is there something I'm missing?

Sometimes the arrow colors are blended but not usually, what you can do is press and hold the lock bar button to switch the focus between modes to the one you want to work on.

#10505 5 years ago

#10506 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It looks like there are 4 major Villains each with 3 levels. It appears as though you can decide to capture the villain at either level 1, 2, or 3.

The 4 main villain modes have 3-4 stages, Joker and Riddler have 3, Catwoman and Penguin have 4. There are also alternate episodes for each villain that are selectable before your first plunge that are 1 stage less to fully complete.
There's the Riddler boxing episode, surfing Joker, Eartha Kit as Catwoman, and my favorite call out in the game thus far in the alternate Penguin mode. "Next time we see you Penguin you'll be hollering uncle instead of daddy"

#10508 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any guesses on who the next minor villains will be?
Louie the Lilac? Siren? Black Widow? Puzzler?

So far they've just filled in the greyed out ones so it doesn't seem likely that they'll add new MVs. Just alternate versions of the same 6 that are featured on the play field. They totally could though and I hope they do.

#10613 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quick question;
So I just played a game and completed all four main villains. Batman was flashing but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to shoot at.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

The saucer up top.

#10652 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone else having issues with SDTM drains. When the magnet turns off after Batphone hurry up?

Mine falls to the knuckle of the left flipper, maybe your side to side level is off?

#10710 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Have a couple general questions
When I played the game at TPF. The joker mode was the surfer episode. It’s not when I play on my machine. I thought I remember someone saying that you could change the episode to play. Is that correct or did this episode just change with code. If you can change it, how do you.
I have heard in the past about changing channels on the Villian Vision TV. Either I haven’t got to that point or I don’t k ow what to do. I have never really used the small TV yet
Thanks.
Loving this game. A lot to learn. Lol

You can select which villain episodes you want before you plunge the first ball when the Batman logo fades out. Press and hold the right flipper to select the villain, then press the left flipper to select the episode. Press and hold the right flipper again to go to the next villain, ect. ect.

To change between active modes on the lcd, press and hold the gadget button for about a second.

#10715 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Thank you for the info.
As far as changing the little screen. Is that anytime or just during certain modes?

I'm not sure on that but I think it's somewhat tied to whatever is on the big lcd.

2 weeks later
#10936 5 years ago

Looks like the 4th wizard mode is called "gas attack". There is a slot in the high scores for it even though we can't play it yet. Just scroll near the end and you'll see it between batusi and holy multiball.

#10938 5 years ago

Maybe it's for completing all 8 major villain modes?

#10941 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I guess you mean minor villains? As there are 4 major villains and 8 minor Villian modes.
If so I think that’s a pretty big task, that’s putting it on Valinor and Do or Die Multiball territory imo.

In that there are alternate episodes of each major villain. So 8 major villain modes total.

#10949 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gotcha! Once you complete a main Villian can you re play that Villian? I haven’t ever had the chance to try that?

They take more shots to qualify after the first completion but yes.

1 week later
#10996 5 years ago

I just started going through the sounds on pinbrowser and see a bunch of good tilt callouts, I wonder when we're going to get those? They're under request 50 in the sounds. "Aw gee Batman, I guess I was a little rough." -Robin

#10998 5 years ago

I put together a list of all the personalized call outs I found in the browser, here they are in the order they appear in the sound scripts starting at 0x970.

Al, Alex, Andrew, Bob, Brandy, Brett, Buddy, Carl, Charlie, Chris, Dan, David, David, Dennis, Dino, Ed, Eugene, Frank, George, Haarold, Harold, Jacklyn, Jerry, Jim, Jim, Jimmy, Joe, John, John, John, John, Julian, Justin, Ken, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, Lee, Loyd, Loyd, Markus, Mark, Martin, Matt, Michael, Mckayla, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Dale,(?) Paul, Paul, Peter, Peter, Peter, Rich, Rich, Richard, Robert, Ron, Ron, Saul, Scott, Stephen, Stephen, Thomas, Tim, Tim, Todd, Todd, Tony, Travis, Victor, and Victor. The next sample is an adorable personal message to Burt's wife(?) Tracey.

#11032 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I'm curious what folks think would be a good pair with B66? I (currently) have space for one more next to Batman and I'm trying to decide what would be a good change of pace.
My basic criteria:
* Kid and Old person friendly-ish. My in-laws and grandparents visit frequently enough that I just don't want to hear them complain. Rules out TWD.
* Relatively low maintenance. I don't particularly enjoy fixing games all the time. So, probably not STTNG.
* Not basically the same layout as Batman; I'm looking for some variety of play.
What would be ONE game to put with it?

Not the best game ever but I bought Batman 66 as I thought it would go well with my Austin Powers. The gameplay is fairly shallow but the call outs are great.

1 week later
#11091 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Also wosh you could extend the minor villain select timer to be longer than 9 seconds. There are so many minor villain episodes to choose from its had to find the one you want before the timer runs out.

I haven't done it personally yet but it looks like you can make it longer if you edit the file in pinbrowser.

1 week later
#11193 5 years ago

The gadget will prioritize mode shots from left to right and will only complete shots for the currently displayed mode on the main screen, not for any other modes that may be stacked on the same ramp.

The exception to a stacked shot I've seen is that you can use a gadget for the second bat pole shot when starting Riddler.

#11232 5 years ago

I've tried taking the glass off to count the bookworm hits but gave up after 20+.

#11237 5 years ago

I think certain minor villain rewards do carry ball to ball. At the time I thought it was a bug but Mad Hatter's reward seems to carry ball to ball. I'd bet that Tut's reward also carries.

#11238 5 years ago

Just checked and Mad Hatter does carry ball to ball but Tut doesn't.

1 week later
#11288 5 years ago

Bookworm only being 10 shots now instead of ~20 is quite nice, I completed him for the first time yesterday.

#11313 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

All awesome ideas. I just hope at the very least he uses some of the tons of voices that have been recorded that arent in there at all. Like does batman ever say the parts of the playfield in current code? He has dialogue where he describes going to parts of the pinball, but I've never heard it. Also, I wonder why they have 3 oclock, 4 o'clock (etc) callouts in there? Let's see those be used!!

Don't forget the fantastic tilt call outs!

1 week later
#11379 5 years ago

I'm having some fun changing sounds/music in pinball browser. I'll just say that Mr. Freeze is now "cold as ice", and that when I enter my initials I'm "the best around".
Other than those silly things I changed some of the major villain music, added a call out on top of the tilt sound effect and added a penguin laugh on top of the clang crane hit noise.

#11388 5 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

I miss the Riddler’s signature inane laugh that was present in the very early code releases. That laugh was the best thing about that character! Let’s hope it can come back in the final release. Penguin’s quacking laugh would be great also! Maybe licensing restrictions prevent that?

I haven't looked for the Riddler laugh but it should be in there somewhere. There are so many unused sounds in there. I found the penguin quack sample then exported it and overlayed it with the existing clang sound from the crane. Pinball browser is an excellent tool.

#11392 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Anybody know the names of the 3 files for the downloads in the .99 update? I get batman-0_99_0.spk.003.000 and batman-0_99_0.spk.003.002 and batman-0_99_0.spk.003 So the last one is missing the last part of the name (.001 I think). Does this look familiar to anyone? I am not using my regular computer and I am having a little trouble with the download. The file in question doesn't seem to unzip like it usually does. I am a bit afraid to try it.
Thanks, Dave

The first numbers after the spk are the number of files, so in this case 3 files = 003. The next three numbers are the file numbers, which should be 000, 001, 002. My .99 files all have the proper full file name so maybe try unzipping it again, otherwise try just renaming the last file to 001.

#11393 5 years ago

Also, the 001 file should be about 1,953,360 KB

#11395 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there a how to like video or log on how to do these kinds of editing? I am envious of the smart people on these forums that know how to edit these to perfection. I’m guessing it’s harder then it sounds.

It's not too hard to figure out but I did end up watching a how to video which helped a lot, I think it was on Buffalo Pinball's youtube page. Since BM66 has a LCD screen you don't have to worry about any of the video stuff as that can't be changed, apparently you can do your own animations and such on a DMD machine though.

Just being able to change the default settings in the code itself is quite nice, for example I set the minor villain selection screen timer to 25 seconds, which is more than the normally available max value. You do have to register pinball browser ($20) in order to edit the sound files but I've found it very much worth it. I did run into some issues trying to get the modified files onto my machine but I can help troubleshoot if you run into the same issues.

#11396 5 years ago

You can also edit some of the game text, now my machine has "The Big Cheese" instead of "Grand Champion"

#11470 5 years ago

Challenge accepted...
FYI: first attempt, outlanes wide open, small post rubbers on outlanes, glass was on, and I guess a little bit of luck too
Apperently my shot was tripled instead of doubled. I wasn't aware of this rule, how does it work to triple your shots?

The lane multipliers awarded from hitting the commissioner Gordon shot can apply to the bat phone total.

3 hits lights a x2 that can be applied to any lane, (except left orbit) then 4 hits for x3, and up to 7 hits for x6.

#11501 5 years ago

By far my favorite silly pinball browser sound change I've done. If I had more modern machines I would likely do this to all of them. I also changed the text of grand champion to "The Big Cheese"

#11519 5 years ago

Wow, those are some big rule changes, can't wait to try them out!

#11524 5 years ago

It seems the "updates every 2 weeks until we get you there" Gomez quote has finally come true.

#11550 5 years ago

There is an option in pinball browser labeled "SLE custom speech" in adjustments, it seems to only be a toggle between 1 and 0. Although maybe changing the default and max value to a higher number might yield some results for non SLE owners? My name isn't on the list, otherwise I might try it out.

I also just noticed a adjustment called photo shoot, I wonder what that is?

#11623 5 years ago

and shot multipliers of 2x

Each additional shot multiplier is a higher value than the last with a maximum value of x6, so the real max multiplier is X90!

#11626 5 years ago

Hitting Gordon 3x will light the first shot multiplier. The next shot (of the 5 major shots) that you hit will be 2x.
Hit Gordon 4 additional times, after selecting your 2x shot, and you'll light a 3x shot. etc.
I think the absolute maximum you could make a single shot worth on version 1.0 is 90x.
* 6x Shot Multiplier
* 5x Multiball Multiplier (if you don't cash in MB until Major Villain 4 and up the multiplier on each one).
* 3x PF multiplier
Am I missing anything?

Yep, as far as I know that's the maximum. Your shot multipliers could be x30, x45, x60, x75, and x90. I'd love to have the x75 on the joker shot and x90 on the penguin shot. That could bring scores up to a trillion points I imagine.

#11628 5 years ago

So in best case you can have one shot 2x, one shot 3x, one shot 4x, one 5x, and one 6x.
You cannot have all of them 6x?

Yeah, just one shot will be x6.

#11638 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Regarding Minor Villans modes from different seasons. Are there differences with the way they play? Are the rewards different? Or, are they just there to give multiple chances to finish a villain?

The shots are different for all of them as far as I've noticed. The rewards are the same though with the exception being tut giving you a "main channel" multiplier after completing him a second time and a further multiplier for each completion after. (Default setting up to x5)

#11640 5 years ago

Thanks! Didn't know that. Just digging into this game for the first time. Still getting used to how the modes work. I've been reading various sources to get the rules. But there doesn't seem to be a very complete and up to date write up on it. I can't always tell what's happening with the minor villians when they're stacked with another mode. But that should come with more play. I would be nice to have a progress indicator of some sort on the screen. Guardians is nice that way.
Really, really great theme integration on this game. So cool!

I keep meaning to make a rule sheet draft now that we're at 1.0 but haven't been able to find the time.

A progress meter would be great but once you play the modes a few times they aren't too hard to remember. A good thing to know about stacked modes is that you can switch the focus to a different mode by holding the gadget button for a short time. This is important with the new tut multipliers as he only gives his bonus to whatever mode is on the main channel.

#11654 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

ok another question:
If you completed Mr. freeze, than lost your ball and complete Bookworm with your next ball, will you get your Mr. Freeze back? Or do you have to replay Mr. Freeze? Can I do that with a Mad Hatter? It's not a failed minor villain mode...
Or do I have to play Mad Hatter first and than Mr. freeze? With the same ball or not?

Last I checked you do lose the Mr freeze benefit even if you complete bookworm on a later ball. It's a powerful strategy if you do it right so it makes some sense that there is only one way to do it. As far as I know the only way to play a completed villain again is to either complete all the minor villains, or fail at both mad hatters and start all the minors. Greying them all out should relight all of them.

The way I play when going for big points is to always go for bookworm first, if I fail and it's early in the game I'll go for mad hatter next in order to retry bookworm. Even if I fail to get bookworm, Mr freeze is still worth it as far as points are concerned.

#11656 5 years ago

If I complete mad hatter (replay all minor villains), is this for the rest of the game or do I also neef to get a bookworm?
Thx for the help, this game rocks !!!

Mad Hatter's award does carry ball to ball without completing bookworm.

#11658 5 years ago

I got the Bat Cave hurry up and was awarded 2x on Catwoman. I drained before hitting the super jackpot. On the next ball I hit the jackpot and got the cliffhanger screen. The left choice to take the jackpot did not say it was 2x jackpot. Does the hurry up apply to the sjp? Or was it because I drained? I thought the 2x hurry up award persisted for the whole game, not just the ball you get it on?

The 2x from the batpole sequence does last the whole mode but only applies to the shots you make during the mode, this does directly raise the value of the sjp but doesn't give you a multiplier on it. The ways of multiplying the sjp are from the play field multiplier, (3x max) the Gordon shot multipliers, (6x max) and Tut's channel multiplier. (5x max) These can all stack together as well for a maximum of x90!

#11661 5 years ago

But when you drain your ball, you lost all those multipliers?
Edit: you can keep the main screen multiplier from king tut if you got a bookworm?

There are settings that would let you keep them ball to ball but the default is no. Yes, you do get to keep the tut multipliers if you've completed bookworm.

#11680 5 years ago

I haven't had that problem at all before or after this update. I'm not sure what to say, maybe try re-installing the update?

Edit: The left Riddler switch or the saucer should award it, for both not to is interesting. Maybe in your settings extra ball is turned off?

#11686 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just installed 1.0 today.
Got King Tut X running (complete one king tut, the next Tut is the main channel multiplier Tut)
How do you increase the Tut X?
Starts at 2x — somehow I got it to 3x but don’t know how. The normal turntable playfield X doesn’t increase the Tut X ....
Clue me in.
rd

Each Tut completion after the first gives +1X. If I understand the code notes right you could beat two Tut's on one ball without completing bookworm, then drain, then complete another Tut on the next ball and your channel multiplier would be 3X.

He has a default max of 5X.

#11688 5 years ago

Can the mystery makes tut’s 2x a 3x?

I didn't see it it the release notes so I'm thinking not. (Yet?) It could be just a bug at this point if 3X happened without beating a third Tut.

#11690 5 years ago

If you beat 3 Tuts then that's why you had 3X, I did that for the first time a few hours ago. I can't wait until I beat 5 Tuts for that sweet 5X channel multiplier. With 3X playfield every main channel shot would be 15X before shot multipliers!

#11695 5 years ago

I just "finished" a BIG update to the rule sheet on tilt forums, go have a look!

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463/

Edit: It might be a good idea to make this a key post, or some way to make it visible to anyone looking here for a rule sheet.

#11697 5 years ago

I should be done with the minor villain section/walkthrough soon.

#11699 5 years ago

Corrections on king tut:
The first Tut completion awards “save minor villain progress” until the end of your ball, this is only useful if you have completed Mad Hatter, (Lets you replay failed minor villains) or have played every minor villain. (They reset when all are played/completed)
--->
The first king tut award "save minor villain progress" remains for the rest of the game.
&
(They reset when all are played/completed) --> (They reset when all are played/completed for that season)
&
Channel multiplier --> Main channel multiplier
Additional:
Playing king tut gives you indeed the multipliers from the second completion
Loosing your ball and completing king tut again on your next ball gives you the last multiplier + 1x (without bookworm).
Bookworm makes you continue with the main channel active multiplier from ball start.
----------------
Egghead (An Egg Grows In Gotham): When superjackpot is lit, left targets move the shot left, right targets move the shot to the right. Handy to move it to a multiplied shot.

Awesome, thanks for your input! I just tested the tut award carrying ball to ball because last I checked (pre 1.0) it didn't, thanks again!

#11701 5 years ago

No thank you for the write up! I learned for mad hatter season 2 and mr freeze... I was shooting everything
Is the SJ value of a major value really unmultiplied by king tut? Ok, it doesn't calculate the multiplier of king tut on the collect/continue screen. But is the effective awarded superjackpot value not multiplied by the king tut multiplier?

I guess I didn't count points awarded so it's possible it does multiply it, I guess I'll run a test now.

Edit: I wasn't sure about Mad Hatter 2 at least, I thought you wanted to avaoid the pink "radioactive" shots. Turns out that's not the case.

#11702 5 years ago

Is the SJ value of a major value really unmultiplied by king tut? Ok, it doesn't calculate the multiplier of king tut on the collect/continue screen. But is the effective awarded superjackpot value not multiplied by the king tut multiplier?

Welp, never mind it is applied to SJPs, it's just not displayed in the cliffhanger screen. Now we know for sure.

#11705 5 years ago

Thank you for checking out... I'll guess this will folow in the next update... together with some other stuff
So for mad hatter 2, you shoot all shots?

It might be a mix of pink and blue, but it seemed like less shots by just going for pink shots. I did test the mode twice with the glass off but didn't go too deep as I was doing a quick test of all the minor villains.

#11714 5 years ago

Anyone know how much of the music in this game is from the TV show, how much was created for the pinball? Digging the soundtrack. This game has one of the best audio/video packages.

I'm pretty sure it was all created or re-created for the game. Even blue-ray remasters of the show seem to lack the same modern quality of the music used in game.

#11747 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

For those that missed the stream.
Batman ‘66 Pinball w/Lyman Sheets and crew. Code V. 1.0!

They mentioned the code was 1.01 near the beginning, the only difference I noticed was that bat turn displayed total points at the end of the mode.

Edit: I see now that Mr Freeze's second wave is different as well. Lyman also mentioned changing the 1st wave shots so that falling in the scoop isn't a penalty.

#11754 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish that high score music was different - I don't like it at all. The music for penguin/batgirl is a bit off too, it doesn't seem to fit well. Everything else is great though!
Rob

You can change the music with pinball browser. ($20)

I changed my high score screen music to 80s montage music, specifically "you're the best around" as made famous by the Karate Kid film. Not very fitting with the theme but it makes me grin every time it comes on.
I've also replaced most of the major villain music but it can be tough as most of them are looped clips of around a minute long, meaning it takes a bit of audio editing get get things right. The second Riddler mode is the toughest as it loops to a point halfway through the song so you need a matched tempo for it to loop properly.

#11764 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just wanted to hear Adam West say my name in one of those custom quotes. My name is in the list that was posted earlier in the thread. I downloaded pinball browser and the software, but have no idea how to search a specific callout. Any suggestions? I just have the regular non paid version. I'll upgrade when I plan to actually make a change.

You can go to sound scripts, then search for 0x970, all the files under that will be the custom call outs.
It should still be there but sometimes the code updates move sound files around.

Sadly the SLE custom call outs sound pretty terrible as the name was just pasted on front of Adam saying "get to the batphone" with no thought of matching the intonation.

#11766 5 years ago

Thanks, I'll try to check tonight. Does the free version not have a search function? Sorry, really new to it and didn't see a search box, just a bookmark box.

It'll take you there if you type it into the bookmark box.

#11774 5 years ago

90X on the turntable and a couple wizard modes would get you there. I thought we'd see some build up toward 1T, instead someone smashes right past it.

#11781 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

During the Dead Flip livestream there was also talk of some people getting the batphone hurryup to ridiculously high levels. I suppose a settable limit to the batphone value would nerf that quickly. I'm sure Lyman knows what needs to be done already I don't think scores in the trillions will be around forever.
Does anyone think it's too easy to get high bonus X in the game? With the lower bat inlane/outlane inserts also awarding bonus X, doesn't that kind of make the upper lane ones kind of redundant? Outlane bat inserts are also virtually worthless.
Rob

I think it was Rotordave on here who was up near a billion on batphone.
In fairness that Gordon stand up can be a pretty risky shot. Each hurry up level also increases mode scoring by 50k, so it's a valid strategy for play.

I really like bonus heavy games, gives you a real reason to not tilt. I just wish it would tell you how many points you tilted away to rub it in.

#11795 5 years ago

If anyone has rule questions or curiosity, I've covered ~95% of the rules over on the tiltforums wiki.

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463/

#11808 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All these mind blowing high scores aside, are many of you reaching the wizard modes (Batososi etc) often or at all? I consider myself an average player and fear I may need to see this wizard modes via YouTube if I ever intend to see them at all lol.

If I try solely for Villain Escape by exiting the major villains at the first cliffhanger I can get it ~33% of the time. I usually don't play the minor villains with the goal of getting the wizard modes but when I do it's with Mr. Freeze, Bookworm, and then Egghead, so the scores get pretty crazy.

#11811 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:And the theme is just so excellently integrated into the game. Icing on the cake is the great custom callouts by Adam and Burt!
Rob

Wait til you hear the unused tilt call outs. I hope they get integrated soon, for now I've just layered some of them over the tilt sound effect and change it up with every update.

Favorites are:
Aw gee Batman, I guess I was a little rough. -Robin
Great heavens, what a fool I am. -Batman
You're so strong and forceful batman. -catwoman(?)

#11813 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How many slots/places are there for tilt sound effects? I’ve never really played about with pinball browser so not 100% how it works but can you add in more than one of the unused ones?
Those are way too good to be left unused I’m sure it was one of the notes Lyman made during the deadflip stream.

Since they aren't implemented yet I just edit the existing tilt sound to feature them. So one slot at the moment.

#11815 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

In that case I hope Lyman does address this so we get multiple tilt warning sfx.

Once, and only once I did hear a tilt call-out. I think it was because the ball took a while to drain. (It was stuck) So I guess it is somewhat implemented already? But still, out of 50+ tilts I heard the call-out once?

#11818 5 years ago

The main thing I'm still surprised hasn't happened yet is a different colored insert light for the multiball SJP. I remember first playing the game and hearing that the SJP was lit but not knowing where to shoot. I guess if you notice the turntable moving it might clue you in but otherwise there's nothing telling you where to shoot.

2 weeks later
#12029 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

And easiest way to increase multiplayers is hitting commish Gordon target and then hitting the orange x2 scoring when you first start a major villain mode right? I am still trying to learn, there is SO MUCH to this game!

There's a modern-ish rule sheet on tilt forums that will answer almost any questions you have on the multipliers. Commissioner Gordon multiplies individual shots, the atomic pile multiplies the playfield, and king tut multiplies the mode in your main channel. The bat pole sequence or continuing on the cliffhanger screen will increase that major villains scoring by 1X.

#12030 5 years ago

I should probably update it to 1.02 now...

#12032 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone think the gadget should score the left orbit (bat signal x2 shots) if the shot is missed? Right now it seems to score the first villain shot instead, which I think is less important....
Rob

It will work for Riddler atm.

#12038 5 years ago

I was a bit disappointed with Bowen's tutorial for the first time ever, he usually seems to have deeper knowledge of the game he's playing. He's still #1 at talking through his thought process though. Although not as concise, Jack's stream is much more informative as a tutorial at this point.

#12044 5 years ago

In fairness the rule sheet is about 18 pages long at this point so I really don't fault anyone for not knowing every little mechanic in this game. Tilt forums even had to increase their max post length just for this game's rules to fit. I am however a little disappointed now that the info is out there and isn't being utilized fully.

#12068 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is this update worth installing?

Yeah, you need to extract it first then put it on a flash card. It seems to be best to have the 3 files be the only thing on the card.

I haven't installed it yet as I like to do all my pinbrowser edits and haven't gotten to it yet. Also it's mostly a fix for spamming Shame which isn't something I do anyway.

1 week later
#12173 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How many multi balls are there in this game?
I played it a few times on very early code, and I don't think I saw many MBs.
Has that changed?
I find games with multiple MB modes just tend to be better family friendly games.

I just tell new people to "choose the cowboy(s)" when they get into the minor villain screen. The main multiball is a little difficult for novice players to get to but I still tell them how to get there at least.

#12217 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Found a bug:
Normally, if you start bat phone for a particular Major Villain, you can change that villain before answering the phone by hitting one of the other major villain shots.
Today, with 3 Major Villains complete but not Penguin, i started Penguin batphone, but accidentally shot a ramp and it switched to Catwoman. I couldn’t get it back to Penguin no matter how many times I shot the scoop. Really annoying since all I needed was Penguin to get all 4. So I had to start Catwoman again.

Edit:posted this from the previous page, I see it's been covered now.

Not actually a bug but it is super annoying, I've been there a few times. I covered this rule in the rulesheet, the gist being that you can only qualify each villain once during batphone hurry up. So in order to re qualify penguin you would have to time out the hurry up and hit the scoop again.

#12219 5 years ago

I don't know if freeze stops the batphone from timing out... I'll test that. If it doesn't time out, then you are indeed stuck.
Latest software indeed disables that penguin shots can be made when batphone is running for another villain.
You can modify that in settings. I actually did this because I liked the earlier rule.
You can even choose to let this new behaviour run only when you have completed penguin already. That's maybe the best behaviour towards the player.

I did test this out and updated the wiki, Mr. Freeze DOES freeze the bat-phone. So it's impossible to re-qualify a MV if his power is active.

#12226 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, I just took off the little blue piece that's on the left outside part of the catwoman left ramp that I believe makes that left orbit shot so hard. But when you remove the screws and the blue piece there are still 2 small hard metal pieces in that orbit lane. Is anyone just leaving them there? I worried that might scratch up the ball? What did you guys do after removing the blue foam piece from that left orbit?

Definitely do not remove it unless you want to put new ball in your game every few plays. What a lot of people do is move the blue foam to the inside of the cat ramp in order to give a little more clearance to the left orbit.

Personally I think the rattling/bricked shots to the orbit is connected to what position the turntable is in, in the default "villain vision" position I seem to make clean shots as the ball lock area has smooth sides, in the other positions the rubber posts seem to snag it on the way up causing it to rattle then fall out.

#12229 5 years ago

I'll try to take some video of it at some point soon, but yeah, it gets about halfway up the height of the turntable (a bit past the cat ramp cables) and bounces back and forth in the lane and loses all of its momentum.

#12252 5 years ago

I reached x5 tut once, but of course I had messed up on bookworm and freeze earlier in the game so the score was only ~6 billion.

2 weeks later
#12385 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

My game coming in March....psyched. Can someone explain how / when/ why the collected gadgets get deployed... what exactly is their purpose?
I have never seen them used/ explained in the gameplay videos that I have watched.
Thanks

Everything we collectively know about gadgets and rules in general can be found on the tiltforums wiki.

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

A fun new to me rule with gadgets is that they can add shots for certain egghead modes. Another interesting use is that they can open the ball lock diverter for locking the ball.

#12403 5 years ago

Turns out there are good points in late game egghead stacked with villain escape.

20190214_210433 (resized).jpg20190214_210433 (resized).jpg
#12434 5 years ago

I've been meaning to get a magnetic digital angle finder for my woodshop, I imagine they would work really well for setting game pitch as well.

#12447 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection? I’m really considering buying this as my first NIB.

I've had mine for 10 months now and still love it, although there were new and exciting code updates coming out quite often during that time. It still keeps me entertained though and it'll very likely always be in my collection. It was my first NIB pin and although pricey, I don't regret it.

Edit:Why isn't this game in the top 20 (at least) yet?!

#12450 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Set your custom parameters to reviews last 6 months and games last decade and you’ll see it is number 2 (was #1)! The reason for low ratings is it came out in 2016 and was blasted (rightly so) by most everyone for poor code. Today that is the reverse and it is a number one game for sure or in the top three at the very least. Stern is doing so well now!

Yeah, I know why it is so lowly rated, I just hoped it would have gained ground faster after the code was somewhat complete. Those early reviews were totally right though, hopefully some of them will give it another shot.

#12483 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sorry - I should have said "when you start a villain multiball, and another villain multiball is qualified". I have edited my post for clarity.
"Season" multiballs - obtained by COMPLETING a minor villain from each of the three seasons:
- Batusi
- Gas Attack
- Robin Holy
Main villain multiball obtained by completing all of the main villains:
- Villain Escape

Ah okay, that makes sense. It's not easy to pull off but you can stack villain escape with a minor villain wizard mode.

You need to bring in or have running the final minor villain needed for a wizard mode into villain escape, then complete that minor villain during the first phase of villain escape, then shoot the saucer to get the wizard mode select screen. Oh and you need Mr Freeze's power running to stop the phase 1 villain escape timer to make it worth it.

I've only done it once but it REALLY built up my villain escape value to the point where I made 8B+ without even getting the super, assumably the super would have been around 8B as well.

#12487 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Can someone explain the 3 minor villain wizard modes. I've played all 3, and haven't noticed much difference in scoring. Is one best for scoring?

I'd say that depends on which shot multipliers you have going, if you have a big one on the turntable I'd go with gas attack, (center shot over and over with roving SJP) if you don't have much going on I'd do Batusi, (no shot multiplier for SJP as it's at the saucer) if you have general shot multipliers go for holy multiball. (SJP is at the center but there are many more normal JPs all around)

Read the wiki at tiltforums if you want to go deeper.

#12511 5 years ago

So got a new GC today. It was the first time I was successful at executing the Bookworm > Freeze strategy. It's not a great score I know, but my best so far on this latest code.
I did notice something a bit odd. I was working on Bookworm and started a Bat-phone hurry up. The small TV screen on the turn table was facing me, it had a picture of the phone on it. But when I hit it, it did not collect the hurry up and start the major villain (Riddler I believe). I finished Bookworm and the turntable never rotated to present the phone to me. Since the small TV was showing the phone, I thought hitting that would collect it. But it did not. Just throwing that out there. I'm not super clear on everything that was running and the order of events. But I think that's the gist of it. [quoted image]

I've had the turntable error like that before, you either need to time out the hurry up or make that really tight shot to the phone stand ups, I've never found a cause for the error, but I think it's tied to the animations.

#12513 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Does anyone know if/when the bat signal light at the back right of the playfield ever turns on during the game? It flashes during the attract mode but never comes on in a game.

As mentioned above but also when a wizard mode is lit or as Batusi or Villain Escape SJPs are lit.

#12551 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I had a rubber break in the turn table and had to tear it down and replace. I had an amazing game going after, for $18bil. But I had 2 minor and major wizards. Seams I could’ve been much higher. I had 4x screen multiplier on king tut. I noticed I wasn’t getting batturn during my games. Also no play field multiplier. If in king tut 4x mode is that the play field multiplier? Or did I mess a switch or something up when repairing and it’s not registering? I swear I hit that damn batturn a lot during multi balls and the insert was flashing, as it does before a few more hits to start batturn. Any thoughts?

Mine sometimes doesn't register a atomic pile switch hit every now and then but not too often. Bat turn is ready when the insert is blue and playfield multipliers are ready when the atomic pile is pulsing red, if you're not starting either when you hit the target then there is a problem.

#12562 5 years ago

I'm happy to see everyone getting new machines, but man it kinda stinks to have bat pin-suffered through the first two years of this nonsense with one of the first games off the line and not have a signed card.

A member of my local league has an early production table and he says that his upper saucer isn't tapered around the edges and rejects a lot. Do you or anyone else on here have a straight sided saucer?

#12594 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought the only licensing restriction was the use of Madge Blake (Aunt Harriet). Wasn’t aware there was an issue with the Bat-Climb guest stars.
I’d love to see the Green Hornet/Kato, Santa Claus, Colonel Klink, Jerry Lewis and Sammy Davis Jr. I really wouldn’t miss the others.

From what I understand it was the famous cameos that were the licencing problem. So many estates to licence through, sounds like a headache.

#12600 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yup, totally agree. Santa Claus would work fine, and then include Sheats and Gomez sticking the

Yup, totally agree. Santa Claus would work fine, and then include Sheats and Gomez sticking their heads out

Some of the higher ranked players in pinball popping out would be fun too, maybe Bowen, Kieth, Raymond, Eric, and the Sharpe's could all have little words of encouragement for you as you play. That could be fun.

#12605 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Oooh I hope so. First time to TPF for me

Me too!

1 week later
#12637 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

I’m hoping those code updates hit soon.

I didn't notice too many differences in the code (1.02.11) while watching the Stern Pro Circuit Finals, I did notice that Shame is now grayed out after failing him. In 1.02 when they made subsequent Shames single ball timed modes and it wouldn't gray him out after a failed attempt.

I didn't really notice if any of the lighting was changed, but I thought I saw new video clips in stage 2 of "enter Batgirl, exit Penguin".

#12658 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know if that's necessarily a problem because the Stern Pro Circuit game appeared to be setup fairly hard (hard ball locks, sensitive tilt, fast pitch). Like you say, completing minor villains is a lot of work and is way more risk than the small safety net that a 2 ball Shame multiball has. Take what you can and see how the other players do.
In regards to balance, I have quite a few thoughts on that. I could be (and probably am) wrong on some things..
Major Villains:
Take a mode like Joker's Surf's Up. It's way too easy to complete and there's no hurry up jackpot shot like there is in the other Joker mode. It's a great mode for theme, but not points. I might be inclined to always take the Villain modes with the most shots (especially with any multiball) because they would have the best scoring potential.
Minor Villains:
Mad Hatter could maybe use an additional power. If you don't have a problem completing the modes most of the time, there's just no reason to take this.
King Tut first power is not very useful for decent players. It's the main channel multipliers you want of course, but you won't go for those until after BookWorm and Freeze. Novice players are going to have a hard time beating first tut, then using Mad Hatter to replay something they failed and at an easier point to finish. So it's maybe not ideal for novices as well.

One advantage to surfs up joker is that the second stage has unlimited shot potential, (like the final stage of almost every other villain) while in any multiball the sjp is disabled and all shots except the last one hit will be a jp. So that is a way to build up a huge surfin joker sjp. Funny enough though, the first and last stage of the regular joker mission has the same qualities. The points can be there in surfing joker but my use for it is to reach the extra ball quicker.

Mad Hatter is interesting IF you beat both of them, he then let's you play any minor tv mode even if you've completed it.

I've had the King Tut power be useful but it was after playing all 3 1st season MVs, (this makes them playable again even without Mad Hatter) I had failed bookworm with one shot left and was able to pick up where I left off.

Personally I still mainly go for BW-Freeze-Tut, but to mix it up a bit I sometimes go for 3 Tuts for the first wizard mode and then the usual BW-Freeze-Tut.

1 week later
#12689 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

on the first page of the instant info screen there is a jackpot value below the combo count. How is the combo jackpot(?) collected, or how does it factor into scoring?
Rob

I think it's related to the lit spinner jackpot(s), but I can't check atm as I'm at TPF.

#12691 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I found this in the rulesheet:
Spinner
Spinner can be lit and the value increased by completions of the inlanes/outlanes.
When the spinner is lit, each revolution increases the “Jackpot Value” by 50,000, this is a little mini-jackpot awarded after reaching the required ‘spinner level’.
I never noticed this jackpot before and if I ever collected it, it's not something I remember either. Perhaps it should be called 'Spinner Jackpot' in the info screen otherwise you think it's combo related.
Rob

I very likely wrote that section of the rules, it's collected when you see a point amount pop up in the bottom center of the LCD after hitting the lit spinner. Hopefully it'll be labeled better one day.

#12700 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

There was one BM66 at TPF with bad flipper alignment. I was trying to explain to my playing partners how to play the game and nothing I said was happening. I found out that the code was .70. Holy Bat Crap. Do these people live in a bubble???

I was waiting in line to play it for a few minutes and saw all sorts of new to me animations during Penguin and thought for a second I had missed a code drop. As I started checking on my phone the player hit the minor villain select screen and I noticed most of them were grayed out.... Oh boy that was old code. I wish I had brought my custom sound rom on a stick and called up the exhibitor to see if they wanted to update it.

#12742 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think I might start taking Surf's Up Joker first because it's quicker to complete. I find that I concentrate on the minor villains so much that I am not completing the major ones and getting that extra ball as much as I would like.
Rob

Ring around the Riddler is also only 2 stages long, I'll sometimes do that with surfs up joker to get the extra ball sooner.

1 week later
#12914 5 years ago

Looks like I have some rule sheet wiki updating to do.

#12923 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sorry if this question has been answered before. Is there a difference in the game play from the premium to the SLE? Are there some big differences between the 2? I see cosmetic differences between the 2 games, but i noticed in the new update document that there are different sounds. Im kinda confused what the differences are, other than the obvious cosmetics. Thanks

No gameplay differences, just that SLE owners have custom call outs that were recorded by Adam West.

1 week later
#13005 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Never really understood what the gadgets do and how to use them......

For the most part gadgets are just a "smart bomb" used to complete a mode shot on your current main channel, usually the furthest shot to the left. The rulesheet wiki on tiltforums can answer just about any further questions you may have.

#13009 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

When you guys say, keep the minor villain on the main screen, what does that mean and how do you do it? I have a tough time completing them when a major villain gets activated and takes over all the insert lighting.

You can hold the gadget button for ~1 second to change between modes, it also changes the music so you don't even have to look up if you're familiar with the game sounds.

#13012 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I just learned something... Thanks Dude!

There is a HUGE amount of rule detail in the wiki if you want to learn more.

#13025 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

joined the club a couple days ago!! Anyone have a fix for airballs off of the computer targets? Thank you in advance.
[quoted image]

I only seem to get them when the magnet is active personally. If the turntable mech or even just the batmobile spinner are out of plane with the playfield it can cause some air balls.

1 week later
#13108 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Managed to get Holy multi-ball tonight, and previously did the other two.
Really exciting getting to them, but is that the extent of the game, or are there plans for an ultimate wizard mode?
Also, noticed before starting a game, you can hold downs flipper, and then switch through some different modes? Can anyone shed some light on this.
Thanks!

Those are alternate episodes of the major villains, you can learn more in the rule sheet wiki on tiltforums.

#13119 4 years ago

Quick question... When balls come down from the left and right orbit, do they hit the slings, or go to flippers?
Mine (especially the left) drops down (especially after a failed shot) from the left ball guide and hits the top of the left orbit, and bounces dangerously to the right drain.
Just wondering if this is how the game goes for most of you.

My feed from the right orbit was fine out of the box but the left orbit would hit the top of the sling or into the sling itself. You can adjust the metal rail by removing the plastic behind the gadget targets.

3 weeks later
#13291 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The gadget button when flashing will award you the most valuable shot that is on the playfield at that moment when hit.

Sadly not, it awards whatever shot is furthest to the left in your current main channel mode.

1 week later
#13385 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

1. You should see the villian behind bars animation on the screen.
2. Hold the lockdown bar button for a second or so and it will switch through your active modes, including bat-turn.

Beyond the animation, the corresponding season insert between the flippers will be lit solid, this is helpful with shame as the mode keeps running.

#13396 4 years ago

That sharp metal lip there makes me mad, it chews up the balls crazy quick. I ended up bending the end of the guide inward to fix it.

Also, the ball guide is slightly adjustable if you loosen the lower mounting screw under the plastic. Set it as you like then tighten it up.

#13398 4 years ago

Can you post a pic?
And does the ball feed to the flipper?

Adjusting the rail dialed in the feed to where I wanted it, the bend in the rail I did was to get rid of the sharp metal edge, not to adjust the feed. (I did have to re-adjust after bending the rail)

20190602_205346 (resized).jpg20190602_205346 (resized).jpg
#13400 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did you remove the rail for that bend?

It would have been much easier if I did... I tried to remove it but I couldn't seem to lift it out as the alignment pins were really wedged in.

#13403 4 years ago

Whoa! (Joey's voice from Blossom)
How's you manage to bend that???

Carefully.

I padded the ends of vice grips and needle nose pliers, using one to do the bend and the other to hold the rail to avoid straining the fasteners.

#13450 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Disappointed indeed.
The sales flyer shows 6 signed cards, all with at least Catwoman SOMEWHERE in picture. I can only assume that it is all about money. Simply put, a original signed
card by Julie is worth more if it has her picture on it. Just look at the earlier posting with a link to Ebay for one of the same cards that is listed on the flyer,, $300+ dollars. Greed pure and simple. One would think that they would get one of those six cards listed on flyer, in their game. Guess not. My game is in transit for delivery next week. Expecting the worst

I bought my machine a while ago and ended up with the "sinister smile" card shown front and center on the flier, kind of sad the cards are just random on a "signature edition" machine.

#13454 4 years ago

I know some of you guys have had the game long enough to have taken the turntable apart. Any ideas on my issue here?

It sounds like the stand up target inside the "batcave" isn't registering. That's the switch for bat-turn, playfield multipliers, and some SJPs.

1 week later
#13572 4 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I'm looking to see what trading cards people got on their aprons. I see that some are better than others...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-batman-66-trading-cards#post-5046449

I'm pretty happy with the card I received last year.

20190614_230506 (resized).jpg20190614_230506 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13770 4 years ago

Still confused about how to really rack up the big scores. My strategy has been Mad Hatter in season 1, then Tut in season 3, and then I can replay and save progress going forward. I complete Freeze in season 2 and then do one of the wizard modes.
I was a couple shots away from starting another minor villain wizard mode, yet my score was only 5.7 B!
How do you guys get 50+ billion???

Bookworm is important to do before Mr. Freeze so that villain awards carry ball to ball. Mr. Freeze is the villain that helps get the big scores, he freezes hurry ups and timers meaning that bat turn or playfield multipliers will run for your entire ball. Also there's no rushing to complete minor villains anymore as the timer is frozen. Stacking frozen Egghead into a multiball with multipliers running gave me around 9 billion from his mode alone. (I probably had 2 or 3x from Tut as well)

King Tut is the next helper on the way to big points, each completion of Tut after the first will give you a "main channel" multiplier. The main channel is whichever mode is running on the LCD/dmd, it maxes out at 5x.

Other than those, shot multipliers are earned from commissioner Gordon hits. The final shot x maxes out at 6x. So with EVERYTHING stacked you could have a single shot on the game worth 90X Everytime you hit it.

There is a detailed rulesheet on tilt forums if you want to learn more.

#13774 4 years ago

Awesome! I'm going to try that out. But I think I'm a little bit confused. I just played a game and I completed freeze first. When I started other minor villain modes the timer was not frozen???

His power only lasts for the current ball, unless you beat bookworm first, or beat bookworm after freeze during the same ball.

#13776 4 years ago

Hmmmmm... So bookworm followed by freeze is the better approach?

Yes, because if you fail to beat bookworm in the same ball after beating freeze you lose the freeze power.

#13781 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So does Bookworm work on himself? Ie. If you complete Bookworm on ball 1, but drain before completing any other minors, his powers will carry over to the next ball(s)?

Yes, his power last for the whole game, just like mad hatter, and Tut's first power.

#13821 4 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

When the ball comes out of the left orbit be it via hold left flipper skill shot or normal play, what is the intended landing location ? Sling and Im supposed to nudge the crap out of it or is it supposed to come back to left flipper smoothly like deadpool ?

You can adjust it by removing the batgirl plastic on the left. Underneath it you want to loosen the lowest screw on the metal guide in order to have a little play. Move the guide to where you'd like, then tighten the screw.

#13823 4 years ago

Not sure how you made this work. If you bend the ball guide, it will not be aligned with the screw hole. So how can this work?
Also, I had my game on for a couple of hours last night and when I came back downstairs everything was off except for a red light from one of the boards. I could see red illuminated through the translite.
Tried to turn the power off but the red remained. Eventually it went out and when I powered back on, it was fine.
Anyone know what this is?

The guide on mine is slightly slotted at that attachment point. I get about 1/8" of play back and forth on the rail when that screw is loosened.

#13825 4 years ago

Hmmmm... Mine is just the screw hole, so not really any play. I bent the guide, but then had to push the bottom end back to screw in. It did make a small improvement that I notice when the ball comes down the guide with some speed, but a slower rolling ball will still hit the top of the sling and put it in immediate danger (usually going to the right outlane).

Maybe the hole isn't elongated, but there was a bit of play though, as the hole was larger than the screw. Slow moving balls still hit the top or side of the sling on my game, there's not really a good way to fix that.

#13831 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all... I play bm66 since 3 weeks now. Im a bit disappointed with the code .. it is completely unbalanced !!
In this forum, you have been clearly happy with the code. And i have bought this pinball for that... But the game is broken : you do the same again and again at each party : bookworm then freeze. If you dont do that, your score is bad...
Im waiting more diversity... I return on my deadpool.... This game can be played with so many diversity.
Yannick

I personally like the journey of each game. What do you do if you fail Bookworm on your first ball? I might go for Mad Hatter to try and get back to Bookworm, or maybe just do 3 Tuts to get the first wizard mode. I like this game because while there is an ultimate strategy for big points that's not the only strategy.

#13895 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Its very nice! I updated the screws to black phosphate ones from Ace[quoted image]

BTW @jmcfan, welcome to the 4 person club of New Mexican BM66 owners. There are some local tournaments at 505 Pinball and Sister Bar if you ever want to meet some of the other owners.

#13897 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I know Tim Mezel really well.... worked with him for years! Been to both places a few times. Going to have a playfield protector install soon....

So y'all worked at the big building on the hill huh? Let me know if you ever get bored of the music as I made a sound mod with new music.

1 week later
#14028 4 years ago

Did this yesterday. Cashed in an Egghead for a little over 17 billion.
[quoted image]

My best was ~9 billion. Nice job!

TronGuy http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#14049 4 years ago

It doesn't take much to go from 60 billion to 110 billion. I had a few chances to look up at the screen and was seeing shots for 1 - 2 billion at times.
Too bad I didn't have the cameras set up at the time. I would have liked to see where I was getting all the points.

Once you have the playfield and tut multipliers built up it's really all about where you assign the 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 X shot multipliers. If you can get the 5 and 6 on the scoop and turntable the points get crazy as that's where the big payouts tend to be across many modes.

#14119 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No I will turn power off to install...as soon as I can move the crane out of the locked position...

I saw in this thread further back that some people have an interlock switch inside the coin door. Maybe you have one and that's the issue?

1 week later
#14196 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sitting here wondering what surprises Lyman has for us all in the code release Stern says is coming. I’m sure there are system updates, but I’m hoping for game code additions as well.
Still hoping for a Bat Climb mode. I think that’s the only iconic event type from the series that isn’t in the game.

Sadly it's been said that bat climb can't really happen due to licencing issues of the characters involved. That is to say, it could happen, but not with the cameos that would make it extra special.

#14219 4 years ago

Did you reset the machine after making the Penguin motor lag adjustment?

#14225 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

Also - on boot my machine shows v1.04.0, but I thought the latest was 1.03. Maybe it's a factory test code or something? Mfg date is June 27 2019, I didnt set it up as it was a show game and have not manually updated...
[quoted image]

That's very interesting, I guess we can assume that 1.04 will be released soon.

1 week later
#14291 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So some of you have seen the issues I've had with my catwoman edition batman 66.
Gouge in my playfield near the penguin scoop, straight from the factory. The fucking upper swing gate screws fall out from under the playfield and the gate falls over and starts gouging a fucking ridge into my playfield every time it opens and closes. I finally realize this and mickey mouse their substandard craftmanship in that area and get that gate to quit destroying my playfield up top.
The entire time I have never had the right joker target working. It doesn't work to the touch with the glass off. The computer target doesn't work.
The super skill shot doesn't work. When I plunge the ball with the plunger (odd fucking concept huh?), 2 seconds later the auto launch attempts to kick a ball out (which obviously isn't there).
Everything tests fine in test mode.
edit: oh yeah
I play several games tonight, and the entire time (20 to 30 times), I hit the targets to hit bat phone. I get it up to 50 million as the reward for hitting the bat phone, only the fucking play field will not rotate to put the bat phone into a position to hit. About a 30 minute game and I never got a chance to hit the bat phone.

That's really rough, have you talked to the distributor about it? Any one of those issues is bad enough but all of them together would make me re-think buying another NIB Stern. I hope Stern and/or the distributor can make it right for you.

1 week later
#14360 4 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I joined the club a few weeks ago and am so stoked! I picked up a Catwoman model and love it. I finally got it dialed in exactly how I want it, thanks to all those that make these wonderful mods like the modcouple and docquest ...so awesome! Also, this thread is the best! Has answered pretty much every question I’ve had as a new owner with just a quick search... A few pics of mine[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you switch the translight? Because that's not the catwoman translight.

2 weeks later
#14419 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Nice scores Jediturtle. I have to say that for the past 2 years I’m still trying to learn how to play my game, the ramps are kind of hard for me, I had to set my game with 5 balls and my top record is 531,000,000 Million.
I have long games while playing WOZ, AFMR, and sometimes with KISS, with Batman unfortunately I’m not that good

read up on the rules at http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463, just reading how the rules work can help a lot when you don't have to think about what to shoot next.

#14421 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I appreciate that a lot Jahkub, now I have the sheet saved in my favorites thanks to you... and I’m sure that will help a lot.
I’m grateful to have this game, but sometimes I just got upset with that fleet of drains one behind another... ...

I keep chasing my 50+ billion score but haven't gotten close in quite a while, always a bit disappointing when I get so close to big point time and then have a series of drains. I have been having a lot of fun with my sound mods in the game lately though.

#14424 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What sound mods?

A partly good, partly silly pinball browser mod I've been working on for a while now.

#14434 4 years ago

Speaking of pinball browser, has anyone put the Super LE specific call outs into a premium or LE yet? My name is among the Super LE owner names and would love to put it in there somewhere.

If you can get any custom sle sample to trigger in game then it would be easy. Without that it would be next to impossible to add a sound request to the code. Pinball browser just swaps sound files that are being utilized in the code, it doesn't change the coding.

#14436 4 years ago

I get that. I was hoping someone could swap in the line with my name for the generic batphone quote. Is that doable?

Just to be clear, you have sle speech enabled and it says "get the batphone"? If so you could replace that line with something else but the replacement can't be longer than the original file.
If it says "<name>, get the batphone" it would be easy to replace just the name portion, provided you have a mic and a decent Adam West impression.

#14439 4 years ago

No, I was just saying that one of the names is Robert, so I was hoping it could be swapped. I'm now wondering if my name could be spliced into the MB intro, so he says "Shall we Robert?" then Mr. Ward says, "Let's Batman". Hmmm.

Ah, I see. That's doable but the intonation of his voice would be crazy different so it really wouldn't sound good. A recorded impersonation would sound best if that's your goal.

#14452 4 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

After about 1500 games, I finally got "Light Extra Ball" as a mystery award. It was a bit of a unicorn. I didn't really believe it existed.

Ha, yeah. I've seen it twice in 15 months of play. My other rarity in this game is getting the second batpole sequence shot after failing the first attempt. I've done it 4 times.

1 month later
#14684 4 years ago

I mean those Penguin modes that use the magnet seem strong enough to stop a ball. Is there an adjustment that we've all seed to miss?

#14708 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This guy is 3 inches tall and $10 on Amazon. do any of you guys have ideas on replacing the cat plastics? It would be ideal to 3D print a stand with holes where the three lights go...if I had a 3D printer![quoted image]

I'm trying to get Mezel Mods on it, once the Jurassic park madness dies down a bit over there I think I can make it happen.

1 week later
#14736 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

What is the process step by step for updating? I've never updated a Spike 2 system. I have downloaded the code onto my MacBook Pro. The folder that downloaded contains 3 files labeled batman-1_05_0.spk.003.000, batman-1_05_0.spk.003.001 and batman-1_05_0.spk.003.002. I put them onto the root directory of my blank thumb drive (formatted to FAT32). Plugged the thumb stick into Batman66 and powered it on. Nothing happened.
Whats up?

Did you unzip the folder and put only the files (no folder or other files) on the sd card?

#14738 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

correct. the only thing on the thumb drive is the 3 files. (no folder)

If they're unzipped and the only thing on the stick then I'm not sure.

4 weeks later
#15088 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We do the same. You can use Novus No2 on it as well, takes out most of the scratches. However, makes the game play like lightening!

Novus 2 will add micro scratches to a PF protector FYI.

#15105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Appreciate for the feedback. Respectfully, not sure I agree. Novus No2 was developed to remove scratches from plastic. We have been using Novus No2 on playfield protectors for years to remove the scratches. You can use wax if you like as well. playfieldprotectors.com are extremely helpful if you have any questions. Biggest issue with using No2 or wax is it makes the game play too fast.
[quoted image]

My only experience using novus 2 to clean a small area on a pf protector gave the protector a bit of haze from the micro scratches, which makes sense as it has abrasives in it. I used it on a brand new protector so the gloss difference was very noticeable. While I wouldn't use it on a new protector again, I would use it on one that is already scratched up.

2 weeks later
#15171 4 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

What is a 2X 5-Way combo? I've gotten it a couple of times* but I can't find any info on what it is?
* Actually, the only way I know about it is when I reset the high scores. Sometimes I get the combo champ as "2X 5-Way" ...

It means you did a 5 way combo twice in one game.

1 week later
#15263 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

When do these lights illuminate? I don't think I have ever seen them do so....???[quoted image]

Those are the screw holes.

2 weeks later
#15302 4 years ago

I know of another cat ramp mod in development too.

1 week later
#15376 4 years ago

Royale-W-Cheese Here's a very complete rule sheet with a lot of deep cut knowledge of the rules. Give it a read or use it as reference for anything you're curious about.

#15390 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I think I saw Steve Ritchie in the animation. NO Franchi yet. Woohoo.

Franchi is mentioned on one of the newspapers

#15409 4 years ago

The long ball times really depend on how you have the game set up, give it a steep tilt plus moving the outlane posts can change times drastically.

3 weeks later
#15549 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My new Catwoman does the same thing. Think it might have to do with restarting a game after one ball or something. Had the older version too and it did the same thing too. Wonder if it is a software glitch, not remembering position, after restarting a ball?

I've seen this happen too but only twice in 2 years. Once I had a ball jam the turntable during a wizard mode which caused the turntable to error out and turn itself off for the rest of the game.

2 months later
#15786 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Me too...I wish someone would come up with a solution for the SLE speach

Personally I just layered in Adam saying "get the batphone" into the phone music. You'll hear it every 10 seconds or so during the hurry up.

3 months later
#16089 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I like all of these ideas. I thought there was a reason they couldn’t do a bat climb mode, but that would be my top request.

They could do it without the actor cameos, that was the roadblock from what I heard. Pinball people cameos would be great though.

3 months later
#16362 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Question.....is a light/bulb on the top of the crane cockpit? Looks like there should be one....but I have seen mine lit......??

There is a light board there, mine broke a wire at the solder joint one point, yours probably did too.

#16370 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

What is a 2X 7-way combo? My wife put it up as a high score and I want to go after it. Thanks!!!!

Two 7-way combos in the same game. You can beat it by getting an 8-way combo.

#16375 3 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

I saw something in the Feature Audits that I've never read about before (and I did a search through this thread) - there are statistics in the audits for 2 episodes that aren't in the game, at least not that I've ever heard about.
The episodes are Catwoman 83/84 (Catwoman Goes to College) and Joker 118 (The Joker's Flying Saucer). I watched The Joker's Flying Saucer; it was truly horrendous.
I'm assuming these aren't in the game but I did some poking around to see if they were easter eggs or hidden modes. Of course, I wasn't able to trigger them. My first thought was to finish both Catwomen modes completely to see if a third would open up - nope, didn't do anything. The Joker's Flying Saucer did have a clock in the episode - a bomb goes off at midnight. Maybe it's some sort of Midnight Madness easter egg? Again, probably not!
Has this discussion come up before? Like I said, I did some digging but didn't find anything.

I've dug through the messages and whatnot on pinball browser and never noticed those but that's neat. I'm sure when Lyman gets back to this it'll be great, most of the alternate episodes seem to just be placeholders at the moment so I'll be happy even if those get polished up a bit more.

#16385 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Question on playing 2-X player game... player one gets 2 balls in Ball Lock....and drains.. now what happens with next player (s)?? Was just wondering...

Virtual locks for player 2, meaning the 2nd player only has to hit the orbit to lock, not go in the turntable assembly.

1 week later
#16395 3 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Does anybody have a source for the metal "tab" that holds the blue rubber blocks on the left and right side of the ramps?
I'm looking for that metal portion that secures the rubber pad to the ramp.
Any lead is greatly appreciated!

Probably one of these, the manual likely has the part number.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-01
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-00

3 weeks later
#16456 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Is there a Batman 66 guide for dummies? I have a new machine and I am just trying to learn the basics - not even advanced play just yet. For example, what are the gadgets for and when is it best to use them?

This will answer all of your questions. http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

In this case you can use this link. http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463#toc10

1 week later
#16470 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

When the turn table is in this exact position as shown in the photo, I have had balls skip the plunger and get stuck. Since the turntable is not in the multi-ball position, it does not recognize it as a multi-ball addition and nothing happens.

Have you updated the code?
I've had that happen a couple times but the game is quick to release it, I'm guessing that doesn't happen on older code? Or maybe that switch isn't registering?

Quoted from e4wesley:

Also, behind the left catwoman ramp is a small metal bar. I often have a ball die out and get stuck on this bar behind the ramp.

Sounds like the wireform isn't seated into the ramp correctly. Photos showing where and how it gets hung up will help.

#16472 3 years ago

The few times I've seen it the ball forces the post/plunger down enough to get behind it and them the mech releases it.

2 weeks later
#16521 3 years ago

Option 54 in the standard adjustments menu toggles "fast boot", that's probably the issue.

3 weeks later
#16573 3 years ago

I think they brought back the power interlock switch as well.

2 years later
#18337 6 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The one from pinballlife.com? I know some older builds didn't have an empty node space, or something like that, but I believe some people solved that issue by using a splitter? If the panel bolts up, and a splitter can be used, I'm not sure why they'd say it won't work.

I used a 10' ethernet cable I had on hand and ran it to node 0

#18341 6 months ago

You need to hook up the reader to each game for setup, and give each game a wifi dongle and micro SD. Then home team should be available on all of your games, you'll need the reader hooked up to one game to log in new home team members.

#18344 6 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Sorry to keep clogging the thread with insider questions, but, I have a coin door relocation kit, a scanner, and a cable. I still need a wifi dongle, and a micro SD card, correct? Any requirements/restrictions on those? The game currently does NOT have insider. Thanks!

Pretty much any 2.4ghz usb dongle should work, don't get a 5ghz dongle!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=Jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.