IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13922 4 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Morning - Does anyone know where you can find a set of side armor for the premium? Does anyone want to sell me a set? Hopefully Stern will make more.

I'm in the same boat as you - needing a set of this armor. I just got off the phone with Melissa @ Cointaker and she confirmed that the armor kits are sold out everywhere and Stern would indeed have to make another run if we are to see any more. I'm hoping that Stern takes into consideration the demand for that specific product for all the folks who are in what's likely considered "the last call" group.

2 months later
#14491 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So I had a little bit of time this past weekend, so I decided to remedy something which has been bugging me for some time; specifically, the backs of the Batcomputer and the Crime Analyzer lights. I always thought that the backs of those small LED boards looked somewhat exposed, and I was also slightly concerned that at some point, a flying ball just might hit it and cause all kinds of mayhem, however slight the possibility might be.
Here's what I came up with:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I cut some aluminum step flashing sheets that I had on my workbench to fit over the back and sides of the steel part to give it somewhat more of a clean finish and also to protect the LED board. I had to take apart a good portion of the upper part of the rotating playfield to get to the screws that hold the original part in place and attach my part, but I think it was worth it and it came out nice.

Love this Scotty_K - good work, indeed. Any chance you'd make up some sets to sell for fellow owners? I think it's a good-looking solution.

#14503 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Glad you like what I did; it was a labor of love...lol!
Actually, I've had a couple of inquiries regarding this. I hadn't originally planned to make and sell these, but I suppose I could run off a couple of sets if there is enough interest. It may take a few days, however, as I do have a full-time gig and this would be a spare time project.
I'll sit down soon and figure out what needs to be done and what it might cost, and I'll get back to you.

Thank you very much. I'll send you a PM and we can take the discussion there!

3 weeks later
#14601 4 years ago

Just wanted to post a Stern part number (820-7393-03; $20 from most distributors) here to the thread in case anyone else needs it in the future.

If you ever decide to have your game powdercoated to the "SLE" finish (see below, Robert Stone did mine and it has turned out EXCELLENT) then you'll need a new bat logo and "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" sticker for your lockdown bar if you want it to look 110% factory-fresh.

You can see my original lockdown bar in the background.. I tried removing the stickers on it using a plastic razor blade and the "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" came off just fine, but the extremely-thin bat logo didn't fare as well and it came apart at the top of the button where it has very little material to hold it together.

Needless to say, this new sticker set was $20 well-spent.

Both stickers come on a single sheet with a protective mask and are set so that you apply both in one pass.

20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg

#14604 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Try using a flathead screw driver to see if it'll grab and remove them. You can then call Stern or just goto your local hardware store or Homedepot / Lowes etc and get new ones the same length and tread. If you are going to do that I would go with socket head or torque screws instead.

Good advice right there.... I would go back with a Torx (T20 or T25 style or similar) because it looks like getting a socket head there might be a challenge..it all depends on clearance. If the flat-blade screwdriver won't bite, then try a set of long (forcep-style) vice grips. There's enough there of the screw head for the end of the pliers to latch on to and you can set the tension tight enough that once you clamp down on the pliers, you can twist the screw loose and back it out of the threaded hole.

6 months later
#15775 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a speaker panel lock/spacer/key set? I'm installing my powdercoat armor and it looks like I've misplaced the lock for the speaker panel somewhere along the line...likely when I took the original panel off the game and the lock was either accidentally tossed or put somewhere that I'm not able to trace.

The owners manual lists this as part #355-5168-00-00 and it's not turning up available anywhere online.

The closest I can find to it is here at PBL - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-metal-backbox-lock-spacer-keys-only.html and notes there say that lock/spacer/key set (355-5168-00) won't work for a LCD speaker panel.

355-5168-00_assy_300x217 (resized).jpg355-5168-00_assy_300x217 (resized).jpg

Does anyone have any info on a working lock/spacer/key set they could point me towards so I can put this speaker panel back and backbox together?

Thanks much.

#15779 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's not in the coinbox?
Rob

I wish it were.

Based on what I can tell, it's a 5/8" lock with a 1 1/2" straight cam... I'm piecing this much together based on what I found from a lock that was listed as fitting an Aerosmith (from Suzo Happ's website... they actually had the correct part number listed, but the lock isn't for sale..) and the picture of the cam in the owners manual.

If someone would have a minute, could you post a picture of the cam side of the lock?

Thank you!

#15780 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well I think it's about time I share with the group. Here is my Batman 66 LE topper. This was completely hand made by a great Pinsider.
If you want more details about how you too could own a very limited hand made topper shoot me a PM. I have permission from the creator to put it out here.
Thanks,

Oh yeah @chappie101... PM inbound! That looks really, really good and will likely be the closest we non-LE/SLE folks ever get to anything that nice.

1 month later
#15870 3 years ago

Wanted to check in with the club and see if anyone has experienced this... I recently noticed that the "Turntable Arrow" RGB LED (the arrow above Batman's head) that leads the way to the turntable targets has lost the color Red. Blue and Green still work fine.

Annotation 2020-06-14 211426 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-06-14 211426 (resized).png

I tried the "Single LED Test" in the service menu, and sure enough, when set to "R", the arrow itself is not lit up. When I proceeded to the "G" test, the arrow lit green, and the arrow lit blue for the "B" test.

Annotation 2020-06-14 211501 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-06-14 211501 (resized).png

Tracing this back, it looks like this arrow is lit by one of the RGB LED's on the "Node board LED left upper Stern SPIKE II" with a SPN of 520-7028-00. I looked at the board, and it's all SMT, so that rules out me being able to fix it on my own right now.

My game is 9 months old, and I'm a bit surprised this single portion of a LED would "go out" so soon. Has anyone else experienced anything similar and are the LED node boards susceptible to failure? If so, what's the general consensus on how to guard against this (have spare boards on hand??...that's an expensive endeavor) or is there someone (outside of Stern) who does node board repair?

I've contacted Stern support to see what my options are and I'll report back here as to progress in case anyone runs into this in the future.

Thanks for any insight (and/or moral support).

Regards,
Whitney

#15872 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If you purchased the machine brand new and it's only 9 months old, Stern should send you out a new board for free. If you plan to keep your machine for years, keeping spare node boards is probably a good idea. But your LED issue seems to be an isolated one.

Yes, NIB purchase, so it should be covered. Just waiting to hear back from Chas @ Stern at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=EightBitWhit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.