IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bamatami.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3095 6 years ago

I just wanted to get some fellow "pinsider's" opinions....When and/or if do you think Stern will make a Pro model of BM66?

#3143 6 years ago

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

3 weeks later
#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...no new code and no new ramp yet...but PDI rocks on this machine ( glass on in these pics)!!!...really like the purple underglow, and shiney batmobile ( kind of liked the blue windshield, so left it), a good BM66LE night....

MK, where did you get your PDI glass? Do you really think it is worth it? I'm guessing yes! I finally got my LE today and I love that "new" pinball smell! I'm looking forward to doing some of the mods we talked about!

#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cool....dumb ( lazy) question which game setting to you have to load to enable attract mode music? Think it was mentioned earlier I think....but a quick point would be appreciated...thanks

What is the "best" setting in everyone's opinion for the attract mode music?

1 week later
#3680 6 years ago

I know from a really reliable source that Lyman is working on a new game. This is not to say he is NOT working on BM66, but I do know he is working on a brand new game that will make everyone excited! That is all I can say or I will be killed and I'd like to enjoy my new LE....

2 weeks later
#4034 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They asked people a while back -
I am guessing Beatles - Yellow Submarine.
They have 8 themes to choose from:
Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

I know what it is....DP. That's all I can say or hint.

#4094 6 years ago

Quick question bat friends....on the bottom of my LE playfield, on the left, directly above the drain near "Same Bat Time", I have a 1" metal post. There is also one on the right side, to the right of "Same Bat Channel" that is a clear plastic post with no rubber ring. Two questions...is the metal post on the left supposed to have a plastic and the one on the right, a rubber ring? I hope I'm making sense. Can post pics if needed. Thanks!

Added over 7 years ago: I haven't gotten an answer yet and would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Double Penetration?
Odd choice for a pin?
rd

You wish....

3 weeks later
#4570 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah you have lost me, post a couple pics, will make it a lot easier for anyone to compare against your photos.

This is the post I'm referring to. Is it supposed to have a plastic on it? It's near the apron on the left side.

BM66Post (resized).jpgBM66Post (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

No plastic there. The post is there to keep the ball from settling in that notched area of the apron.

Thanks Doc!!

#4794 6 years ago

Has anyone bought any Chroma Nuts for BM66? I've been told I need 6-32 for the plastic protectors, which I got and installed from Mezel Mods. Where can you use 8-32 on this machine? Also, any suggestions as to what colors would look good and some pics would be great! I'm leaning towards the Slime Green on the outlanes and Red or Orange on the slings. Thanks!

#4814 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you buy anymore just buy direct @ https://chromapinball.com all sizes and colours available. Like thunderking50 said there is a lot of Phillips screws at the bottom of BM66, but I may get some nuts for the wireforms, specially once we get the new kick ass left ramp!

I haven't bought any yet because I can't decide on the colors. I wish you could buy a multi-color set of 20. I contacted ChromaPinball and he said he would offer that, but never did. What size nuts are on the wireforms?

#4815 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

It is a Stern game designed by John Borg.
From Chris Franchi's facebook page
"PINBALL UPDATE!!! I was given a sneak peek at the playfield build-up of the newest pinball game I designed for Stern Pinball today. I almost crapped my own pants. It is AMAZING!!!! It blows away any game I have seen in years and I am so privileged to have had the opportunity to work with legend John Borg, master Art Director Greg Freres, Steven Martin and the skilled geniuses at Stern. All will be revealed very soon! Save your pennies! This is a MUST HAVE! (Don't try to get clues from the photo - It's just a stock image)"

I gave everyone a very credible hint months ago...DP.

#4817 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I think I'm going to see if I can light these and how they look on the right side near shooter. The batmobile just seems redundant with the car already at the spinner.

The pinstripe mounting kit from The MOD Couple looks awesome! I can't decide what I'd mount on it. I agree the Batmobile is redundant, plus I've never, ever seen the Batmobile tow the Bat Boat! It just looks funny.

#4850 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's the L shaped bracket that holds the switch to the playfield.

How do you even get to that?! Stern sent me a new target, but for a newbie, it looks like I'm about to replace a part on the ISS!

1 week later
#5392 6 years ago

Well, let's get our minds off of code for one minute and help the new gal out....I just installed undercab lighting for the first time. It looks great, but I'm getting a reflection from the strips onto my hardwood floor. Most of the pics I've seen, it looks like the pins are on carpet or there is a rug underneath. Is this the best answer so I don't see the reflection of the LED strips? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

pinballundercab (resized).jpgpinballundercab (resized).jpg

#5395 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On hard floor surfaces your definitely going to get strip light reflections compared to softer flooring. You could try mounting the strips so they are not facing directly at the floor, try installing at a slight angle into the centre of the cabinet.

That didn't work. They lighting is in metal tracks and can't get them to really "angle". Thanks for your suggestion, though!!

#5396 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best answer is definitely carpet (the black, precut runners are cheap and look great). Angling not really going to help on that floor. I might suggest relocating them on the back of the cabinet, firing at the wall behind. Still looks great when the room lights go out...

Are the strips still going to reflect off of the carpet? I want a nice, soft glow and don't want to see these reflections! I'll try the carpet first, before I fire them at the wall. Thanks MK! You are always such a great help to me! PM me some time and I'll tell you about all of the mods I've done since we first talked. You would be impressed with the newbie!

#5524 6 years ago

Being new to this, I'm of a mindset that I would rather be playing a 0.75 BM66 LE than sitting around, typing on my computer all day long, complaining about code not being quick enough, being lied to, etc. I didn't realize that there were so many "children" playing pinball these days. I have better things to do, than to complain about something I can do nothing about at this point, like play pinball! And if you are so unhappy with Stern, than don't ever buy another one of their machines. But, for people that are new to this hobby and who want to learn about mods, gameplay, have questions, etc., it's very disappointing when most of the posts are about how disappointed you are with code and Stern. Most posts are nothing more than pure speculation about Stern's intentions, is Lyman doing this or that, who's working on what....man, it gets old. I understand the importance of code and I'm sure a lot of you are going to say then don't read this thread. But, I have a better suggestion....why don't all of the complainers and speculators start a new topic/thread on BM66 code and how broken your little hearts are. Then, we can get back to talking about what really matters and what we can actually do something about....playing a really cool game, that in my opinion, is one of the best that will only get better with time. Patience really is a virtue.

#5545 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Pretty much sums it up. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice night.

Oh, so when I'm a "seasoned" veteran like you, I can sit around and second guess a multi-million dollar company and whine about things you can't control? If you can do better, code it yourself. Let me know as soon as it's finished so I can upload it. If you think you're intimidating, you're not and just because you've been doing this for a while, doesn't make you any better than anyone else. I'm going to go play with my new $10,000 machine. What was your first one Thunderdud...Space Invaders or Baywatch?

#5554 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Patience is a virtue. Gee thanks for that nugget of wisdom

This has been a great thread. Pay attention

This IS a great thread, didn't say it wasn't. And, you're welcome for the "nugget"....now you have 3.

1 week later
#5813 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Yes, that's the fix. That happened after only a few games for me, but Stern replaced it under warranty. Still never found one of the screws though.

I found the screw in mine and have been going crazy not knowing where it came from! So, I have it! I also have an "e" clip if anyone is looking for one.

#5946 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Did any one get a E-mail about this yesterday???I always previously, got a update from Comm.Gordon on this!! Has that stopped now??

I didn't, but this is my first code drop since I got the machine in July. We are supposed to get emails, right? I just sent an email to Stern and told him that other owners are not receiving emails about updates, fixes, etc. I'll post when they give me an answer.

#5948 6 years ago

One more quick question. In earlier posts, it was suggested that you use the "Stack Villians" mode, so I have been. Is there any advantage and/or disadvantage to doing this? What mode are you playing and why do you like it better? Thanks!

#6034 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I've put about 6-7 games on the new code so far and it's a lot different. The s/w load went smooth. There are some new West callouts, such as ball one locked, shoot again, and such, but the volume seems a little louder than it should, as if they're about 20% louder than other call outs. In any case, they seem a little out of place so far, but maybe I'll get used to it after a few more games. There were also some music tempo changes that added to the game play. More vids as well.

Taz, I noticed the audio, as well. Volume is louder on callouts and music and it doesn't seem as "smooth" if that makes any sense. I've never adjusted the speech and music attenuation nor do I know if that would make any difference.

#6176 6 years ago

Since the code drop, I'm having trouble with the Award Lock not locking the ball and also, ball(s) are getting stuck in the 2:00 position of the spinner by the lock gate instead of locking the ball? I hope I'm making sense. Is there an adjustment I can make or a test to make sure it's working correctly?

And, thanks MK6PIN for the black carpet recommendation for my undercab lighting. I was able to find a cool Batman rug on Etsy. Mine is actually what she calls a Batgirl (black with purple logo), but she also has a purple with black logo and a black with yellow logo. They come in 3x5 and 5x7. Here is the link if you'd like one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/557035779/dc-superhero-rugs-3x5 . They are $82 plus $15 for shipping and $108 for the 5x7. It really looks awesome under the machine!

batgirlrug (resized).jpgbatgirlrug (resized).jpg

#6236 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

My Right Joker target kept getting stuck also. I emailed Stern this week about a replacement bracket. They told me that there was no replacement bracket. Their suggestion was to wedge a screwdriver in there and move the target to the right, which I did. Played the game a little last night and the target did not get stuck at all.

I did the same thing (moved target to the right) and it hasn't gotten stuck since. Did not work with tape, foam, etc.

#6323 6 years ago

I know everyone's excited with the new code, which is a lot better IMO. But, I REALLY need your help regarding the batmobile spinner mechanism. When I first got the game, the batmobile would spin like a crazy person! Now, it doesn't turn that well. When I examined it, it looks like the spinner table is raised slightly above the PF and my ball(s) are getting stuck under the atomic pile because of it. Is it supposed to be like that? I can push on it, and it does have some "bounce" but it stays in the same "raised" position. I recently found an "e" clip underneath the PF and have not been able to find where it came from and wonder if that has anything to do with it. And, again my spinner just doesn't spin like it use to! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've attached a picture and hope it helps!

20171108_143432 (resized).jpg20171108_143432 (resized).jpg

#6505 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've been playing this game....really playing it......there is something here, for sure.....incredibly fun!!!!

Are you still playing with the villains stacked? I have, ever since you suggested it months ago and I can't go back now!

#6507 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do you have a part # for the batman sticker on the lockdown bar? Might be in the manual, but away from my desk. Heading to metal fab shop next week....

Mark, I just went through entire manual and can find every decal except the one on the lockdown bar. Here's the PDF of the manual: http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/batman-66/le/Batman_LE_Pre_web.pdf .

#6510 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

How do I turn on the stacking option? What is the difference from regular gameplay?

Go to Adjustments in the Service Menu, and to Game/Feature Adjustments. It's #42 and asks "Stack Major Villains" and just change it to "yes". It lets you battle all the major villains at once. I haven't played the default setting really enough to know the difference, but I'm assuming you don't have to beat a villain before moving on to another? I think once you try it, you won't go back to game default!

#6521 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Still works fine w cliffhangers, btw.....

Good, I thought I was missing out on something? Am I?!

And, regarding the decal on the lockdown bar, didn't The Mod Couple aka Yelobird say he was thinking of coming up with a mod for this? I might be wrong but I remember a post recently about it.

#6562 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As crappy as I play I may never see the cool factor but dam if you all didn't convince me to try! How do I set it to 8 ball play again??? lol

I recommend a 15 second ball saver and 5 ball play! LOL! You'd be surprised at how much better you feel about yourself!

#6608 6 years ago

J85M, count me in as well. Leaning toward Option 2, but like Docquest, I would like to see both before deciding.

#6738 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I sent your dog replacement out no charge and a few dog treats to keep him away this time. lol

If the treats are in the same package, it might even be worse than the first time!

3 months later
#8921 6 years ago

I noticed for the first time tonight, that I have a vertical line on my playfield TV monitor. It appears on every picture as it scrolls. I searched the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem, but didn't find anything similar. I sent email to Stern, but just wanted some suggestions as to what it may be. Thanks for the help!

20180227_194610 (resized).jpg20180227_194610 (resized).jpg

20180227_194626 (resized).jpg20180227_194626 (resized).jpg

20180227_194635 (resized).jpg20180227_194635 (resized).jpg

7 months later
#11297 5 years ago

I have my shaker motor set at minimal use and have pretty much had it this way since the very beginning. After capturing a major villain, it has always shook/shaked/whatever when the cell door closes, but since the .95 update I believe, my motor does not shake when I capture Penguin. It works on all the others, but not him. Is anyone else having this problem, if it is one? If so, where do I go to report this? Also, I'm a little confused about the Lockout of Major Villians once completed. I believe I've seen this in two places in adjustments and I've just left it set on default. I thought once a major villain is captured, they are locked out and you don't play them again? If anyone can clarify, I'd greatly appreciate it! I haven't been on here in quite a while...are there any other adjustments that should be changed from default to make it better? @MKPin, I'm still missing the stacked villains setting, but I thought I saw something about a "stack" game adjustment recently. Thanks everyone!

#11341 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Hope so. Time to sit back and enjoy a bat beer while we're waiting.[quoted image]

That's actually Bat Gadget #83 Alphabet Soup Container, which just happens to be my LE's episode! Thanks for the picture @Macca1010!

#11346 5 years ago

Is anyone else having an issue with their shaker motor not working when you capture a major villain? I've noticed since .95, I believe, that when the Penguin is captured, the shaker motor does not work, but it does with The Joker, Catwoman and The Riddler. Last night I played Catwoman 2 (Eartha Kitt) for the first time and it didn't work when she was captured, as well. I do have mine set on "minimal" use, but it's never been an issue before. Also, can anyone explain game adjustment #14 S.S.S. Lockout Mjr. Villains, Default = Yes and adjustment#58 Lockout Mjr. Villains, Default = No? And, any recommendations if anyone has changed these? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#11491 5 years ago

Thanks @MK6PIN! I was feeling so proud of myself tonight having replaced a micro-switch, complete with soldering, for the very first time! My right upper PF kickout switch was screwed up, so balls weren't kicking out like they should. And, then I get on Pinside and see your finalized left ramp! I'm feeling a little deflated at the moment...

#11492 5 years ago

Played first game today with 0.99. I captured all 4 major villains, the 4th on the "extra" ball. All 4 villain lights were solid, the bat signal was flashing below them, but for the most part, the PF went pretty dark. Is there something I'm supposed to do after they're captured to start villain escape? There were no instructions on the display and I tried several different shots i.e. super jackpot. I drained before I could get anything to happen. I've captured all 4 before and I don't remember PF going dark. Is this a glitch or did I need to hit a special shot once they're captured to start villain escape? Could it have something to do with it being on the "extra" ball? I would really appreciate someone's help so I'll know if I need to contact Stern. Thanks guys!

1 month later
#12060 5 years ago

I just wanted to see what shooter rod springs (color) some of you guys are using and which one(s) works the best. I know it needs a stiffer one than the original blue that came with it. I've got a green one on it now, but what about orange, purple, red? Thanks!

1 year later
#16030 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:I'd email Stern. They should be able to tell you the exact part number.

So devastated to hear about Chas! What are we going to do without him?! He was always so helpful and went above and beyond. I appreciated his help for this "newbie" and no matter how stupid the question, he was always so polite. What a loss for Stern and for their customers!

https://www.facebook.com/TopScoreGamerooms/photos/a.567304403315505/3149103505135569/

1 year later
#17186 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Nope. All the new code for all the games does this now.

I just wrote Stern Support with that exact question! I went through Adjustments, Game and Standard, and changed a few things that looked new to me, like Max Players 4. I don't remember seeing that before now, but I could be wrong. Nothing I changed made the other Bat Logo windows go away. I told them this was quite annoying when you mostly play in Single Mode, and your scoring window is now 75% smaller! I'll let you know what they say!

#17187 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Nope. All the new code for all the games does this now.

I hope this isn't true! It looks terrible, in my opinion! I would say the percentage of single players vs. multiple would be a lot higher, don't you think?! So I don't understand why you would change this and not give us the option to change it back?!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bamatami.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=Bamatami and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.