IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 374.
#4701 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

How good would that be!!!

yeah i'll take it.

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

A recent rumor with some potential merit is no GOTG at expo, but instead a massive BM66 update.

Taken as fact.

#4703 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

They basically MUST release whatever they have or it's going to be an extraordinarily uncomfortable Expo.

Oh yeah, it would effectively be a walk of shame, if they have any pride left. BM66 is unique as a supposedly special anniversary game, boo coo more expensive than other games, crappy QC as many of us had to finish assembling our LEs, and its piss poor code status after an entire year. I would never have guessed that code would still be Alpha (IMHO) after a year.

#4704 6 years ago

Agreed all the way around. To be promoted, sold as the crown of Stern and an anniversary model last YEAR, then show up at same event with this game not finished is going to be a very, very tough pill for many to swallow. Way past time to put this to bed, period....I hope they are listening, not just hearing.

#4705 6 years ago

They basically MUST release whatever they have or it's going to be an extraordinarily uncomfortable Expo.

One would think that to be the case, but as was stated in an earlier post, they would probably hear a few remarks and respond that they are "working hard towards completed code" and then promise it to be "really special" and then folks will drop back into the shadows and wait just as they have been. People talk a good game, but when it comes right down to it, there is going to be very little said if there is still no code...at least not in a public forum. There will be no pitchfork wielding group of peasants wanting to drag Gary out to the parking lot and boil him in oil.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with any approach....I am just saying that is how things usually work. And because of that trend (Vireland surely has a graph somewhere that will show it....lol (Just busting your chops)) Stern will not loose any sleep about the BM66 code. It will either be done and ready, or it will not....but expo will have very little to do with the actual timing.

#4706 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

A recent rumor with some potential merit is no GOTG at expo, but instead a massive BM66 update.

Then they will certainly be getting their money's worth on BM66 by showing it off two years in a row and not having to deal with another uncoded embarrassment this time around.

#4707 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am not saying I agree or disagree with any approach....I am just saying that is how things usually work. And because of that trend (Vireland surely has a graph somewhere that will show it....lol (Just busting your chops)) Stern will not loose any sleep about the BM66 code. It will either be done and ready, or it will not....but expo will have very little to do with the actual timing.

Don't feed the bear.

Gomez_Drop_9-22-17 (resized).jpgGomez_Drop_9-22-17 (resized).jpg

#4708 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Thst would be cool if they gave Batman66 some love. If Guardians isnt ready for the line yet they might try to reinvigorate interest in BM66 again with a big code update. They gotta keep that production line humming.

If Guardians isnt going to be there I wonder if they would let Franchi show any of his artwork for it during his seminar on Friday.

#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't feed the bear troll.

Fixed it for you (ill take the warning)

#4710 6 years ago

Wow. 120 days.

I heard they are not announcing the new game. So we will see.

My guess is Lyman is helping on GOTG and they cannot push that until BM66 is done.

The smart play would be having AS, BM66 and Star Wars done. Maybe even GOT and GB updates and come to Expo with the message we are committed to finishing games.

I'd still announce the next game to build excitement.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow. 120 days.
I heard they are not announcing the new game. So we will see.
My guess is Lyman is helping on GOTG and they cannot push that until BM66 is done.
The smart play would be having AS, BM66 and Star Wars done. Maybe even GOT and GB updates and come to Expo with the message we are committed to finishing games.
I'd still announce the next game to build excitement.

I have heard the rumour they won't be announcing the next game at Expo, seems like a missed opportunity though, when the smart move would be to start their presentation off with surprise code drops for all current games, complete code would certainly win back more confidence. But code drops none the less and then show off the next new game.

Unless they have a lot of BM66 to shift and they want to almost relaunch it.?

Then again it was rumoured that Elwins Archer design was going to be GOTG, that changed to Trudeau being next, then the news about John broke, so maybe the next game isn't being announced due to John and Stern reshuffling releases.?

I have heard that GOTG is now Borg and code is Tanio. Lyman will be working on Elivra and I am purely guessing here but maybe the operating system for that unless it's running on spike/spike2??

#4712 6 years ago

Lyman has been on Elvira for sure.

Does seem likely the GOTG delay has something to do with JT.

With JJP Pirates debuting at Expo and by all accounts, loaded with toys, Stern really have to do something.

So, some big updates in Expo week will go a long way to deflecting away from other news.

I can't imagine no MB66 update.

#4713 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I can't imagine no MB66 update.

I can't imagine that either....lol

#4714 6 years ago

Well let's hope we get something soon.

#4715 6 years ago

We're getting off topic into the Expo section, but what else is there to discuss?

An equally plausible reason, or contributing factor to not releasing a new game at Expo is that they simply don't need to do so. If SW, MET, ACDC 1.1, GB and SMVE are filling the production lines for the next few months, why divert the market to yet another game? Re-launching Batman gives them another 'free' game (maybe with an alt translite on 2.0 Prems, just imagining things now) to possibly keep the production line full with some new orders of a 'done' game. Maybe they just don't need another game right now.

#4716 6 years ago

We're getting off topic into the Expo section, but what else is there to discuss?
An equally plausible reason, or contributing factor to not releasing a new game at Expo is that they simply don't need to do so. If SW, MET, ACDC 1.1, GB and SMVE are filling the production lines for the next few months, why divert the market to yet another game? Re-launching Batman gives them another 'free' game (maybe with an alt translite on 2.0 Prems, just imagining things now) to possibly keep the production line full with some new orders of a 'done' game. Maybe they just don't need another game right now.

There are "rumours" that GB sales have dropped off a cliff, AS sales peaked at reveal but have declined and SW is not selling anywhere near as well as expected. If any of that is actually true then that would give Stern a good reason to reveal a new game, plus I am sure Gary would like to steal some of the thunder from JJP #4.

The smartest move for Stern regardless of what rumours are true or not, is for them to announce multiple code updates, apologise for the delays but hope sincerely that everyone is happy with the fruits of these delays and then showcase a teaser of the next game, doesn't have to be a full reveal, but enough to get people talking and speculating, multiple code releases will please a lot of people and go along way to making a new game announcement go down smoothly, rather than implode like a bomb.

#4717 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

AS sales peaked at reveal but have declined and SW is not selling anywhere near as well as expected.

I know I am going to get accused of making something up when I say this part is not true, but it isn't. There may be a few collectors that are passing on the SW theme, but the route operators are loving it because it is earning a lot more than most other games. Maybe that is just the theme, or maybe it is the play, but the route guys are happy with SW and I am told the orders are very robust. I have personally seen the parts and cabinets stacked up for production on both SW and AS, so I doubt Stern is singing the blues. I don't know what the targets actually are, but they are still selling well.

#4718 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I know I am going to get accused of making something up when I say this part is not true, but it isn't. There may be a few collectors that are passing on the SW theme, but the route operators are loving it because it is earning a lot more than most other games. Maybe that is just the theme, or maybe it is the play, but the route guys are happy with SW and I am told the orders are very robust. I have personally seen the parts and cabinets stacked up for production on both SW and AS, so I doubt Stern is singing the blues. I don't know what the targets actually are, but they are still selling well.

That's why I said there are rumours, just went back and edited my post and highlighted its only rumours. If that is the case then and AS and SW sales are good, then maybe we will infact see a new game reveal at Expo? A few big code updates would definitely have a positive effect on that or any announcement.

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If there is no game shown at Expo, then you will absolutely be confirmed as correct on this. If SW was underselling, the next title would be rolled out. If the factory is busy, then we wait.

#4720 6 years ago

Exactly; we know for a fact that "it's not ready" isn't a reason for Stern to delay an announcement unless for some reason there is a delay with getting lic. approval, but that seems pretty doubtful.

#4721 6 years ago

I think it's interesting that we're hearing no reveal because Franchi indicated that he would show his next title, which was hinted strongly to be another KaPow game. My bet is that they show something on Elvira and at least pictures of the Franchi KaPow game, which I'm guessing is Christopher Reeves Superman 78.

While I really want everyone to be right that we'll see a big code drop on Batman at or before Expo, there is very little in Stern's past behavior that gives me optimism.

#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I think it's interesting that we're hearing no reveal because Franchi indicated that he would show his next title, which was hinted strongly to be another KaPow game. My bet is that they show something on Elvira and at least pictures of the Franchi KaPow game, which I'm guessing is Christopher Reeves Superman 78.
While I really want everyone to be right that we'll see a big code drop on Batman at or before Expo, there is very little in Stern's past behavior that gives me optimism.

It is a Stern game designed by John Borg.

From Chris Franchi's facebook page

"PINBALL UPDATE!!! I was given a sneak peek at the playfield build-up of the newest pinball game I designed for Stern Pinball today. I almost crapped my own pants. It is AMAZING!!!! It blows away any game I have seen in years and I am so privileged to have had the opportunity to work with legend John Borg, master Art Director Greg Freres, Steven Martin and the skilled geniuses at Stern. All will be revealed very soon! Save your pennies! This is a MUST HAVE! (Don't try to get clues from the photo - It's just a stock image)"

#4723 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Yeah, Stern really misses out on a lot of opportunities to accumulate a little goodwill. If the production lines are good, why not push the coders out for a couple of weeks prior to Expo adding some glitter to 3-4 recent titles that are unexpected so that they can offer them up as "gifts" to the community. Sometimes, it's the small things...

#4724 6 years ago

The small things we think of have never been on Stern's radar and they are still in business so go figure.

#4725 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are "rumours" that GB sales have dropped off a cliff, AS sales peaked at reveal but have declined and SW is not selling anywhere near as well as expected. If any of that is actually true then that would give Stern a good reason to reveal a new game, plus I am sure Gary would like to steal some of the thunder from JJP #4.
The smartest move for Stern regardless of what rumours are true or not, is for them to announce multiple code updates, apologise for the delays but hope sincerely that everyone is happy with the fruits of these delays and then showcase a teaser of the next game, doesn't have to be a full reveal, but enough to get people talking and speculating, multiple code releases will please a lot of people and go along way to making a new game announcement go down smoothly, rather than implode like a bomb.

Do Stern do 'smart'?

But, yes, you would think they would do something along these lines!

#4726 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

It blows away any game I have seen in years

good lord, he's really sucking on the hype pipe.

#4727 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

good lord, he's really sucking on the hype pipe.

Yeah, and that brings back memories of X-Men's reveal. I recall something along the lines of Borg never had more time to develop or was able to design more toys. Personally, I think that was his most hyped and worse game since I've been in pinball. I sure hope GotG avoids that future.

#4728 6 years ago

X-Men is an awesome game with the captive ball mod.

#4729 6 years ago

Proto ramp blazing!!!....check the other thread...one crappy you tube video....will mount a camcorder and get more this weekend....thing is rock solid, and fast as hell!!!

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

X-Men is an awesome game with the captive ball mod.

I've heard as much and good for those who enjoy it, but I really wouldn't know. My NIB LE X-Men was broken much of the first year I owned it due to bad PCBs, a mis-mounted Wolverine toy, a moving ramp that gave me SDTM drains, and loaded with broke-dick code, until I couldn't stomach to look at it any longer. So, it was sadly one of the happiest days I can recall when I lost over a grand selling it.

#4731 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

So, it was sadly one of the happiest days I can recall when I lost over a grand selling it.

Lucky you don't own a Hobbit, you could lose even more!

rd

#4732 6 years ago

For anyone interested, I started a new post covering a step by step process to Clone your LE into a Super LE along with Speaker light kits and other items I will have available in the next 2 weeks. Can't stare at a machine with no code forever, time to start building my Own SLE army! I will continue to update that post with additional items and how-to steps including repainting the speaker panel to SLE it. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle

The Mod Couple

#4733 6 years ago

Some progress pics. Still playing with the striping and messing around with the coin door. Wanted something different. Getting there.

Still need to finish speaker lighting and playing round with options to put a toy near shooter lane. I wasn't a huge fan of the additional batmobile there. Seemed odd to have two batmobiles on the playfield, might light the bat cycle and add that there. played around with some custom painted text to match the text on the side cab. Not sure I'll leave that. Added some art to the legs also. Still debatunthat one too...

IMG_0360 (resized).JPGIMG_0360 (resized).JPG

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPG

IMG_0363 (resized).JPGIMG_0363 (resized).JPG

IMG_0364 (resized).JPGIMG_0364 (resized).JPG

IMG_0365 (resized).JPGIMG_0365 (resized).JPG

IMG_0366 (resized).JPGIMG_0366 (resized).JPG

IMG_0367 (resized).JPGIMG_0367 (resized).JPG

IMG_0369 (resized).JPGIMG_0369 (resized).JPG

IMG_0370 (resized).JPGIMG_0370 (resized).JPG

IMG_0371 (resized).JPGIMG_0371 (resized).JPG

IMG_0372 (resized).JPGIMG_0372 (resized).JPG

IMG_0374 (resized).JPGIMG_0374 (resized).JPG

IMG_0375 (resized).JPGIMG_0375 (resized).JPG

3B1F091B-1B24-47A6-8DE8-889E237F5435 (resized).JPG3B1F091B-1B24-47A6-8DE8-889E237F5435 (resized).JPG

#4734 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Some progress pics. Still playing with the striping and messing around with the coin door. Wanted something different. Getting there.
Still need to finish speaker lighting and playing round with options to put a toy near shooter lane. I wasn't a huge fan of the additional batmobile there. Seemed odd to have two batmobiles on the playfield, might light the bat cycle and add that there. played around with some custom painted text to match the text on the side cab. Not sure I'll leave that. Added some art to the legs also. Still debatunthat one too...

Love the look of the pinstrip on the coin door! Thanks for sharing, I was looking for nice simple detail like that to dress up the front end! Thanks!!

#4735 6 years ago

Since we are sitting around waiting for software to play Batman I have a question. Batman liked to label everything in the entire batcave as if he had a labelmaker addiction including the bat poles. What would happen if they accidentally went down the wrong pole??

Batpole (resized).jpgBatpole (resized).jpg

#4736 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since we are sitting around waiting for software to play Batman I have a question. Batman liked to label everything in the entire batcave as if he had a labelmaker addiction including the bat poles. What would happen if they accidentally went down the wrong pole??

Probably Alfred will throw them down another set of a Bat-Suit without the Cowl and a Robin one in case that they got mixed up.

#4737 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In case you didn't notice Batman's "pole" is bigger.

#4738 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Dick is smaller.

rd

#4739 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Its drawn that way on the pinball game side drains as well.

21055854_1865955880086182_7710289518540376530_o (resized).jpg21055854_1865955880086182_7710289518540376530_o (resized).jpg

"Batman Day" is an annual day promoted by DC to celebrate all things Batman. It started 4 years ago to commemorate the 75'th anniversary of his first Batman comic.

This year it was yesterday, Saturday Sept 23'rd. I was hoping Stern would use that day to maybe tease us with some more solid code update news. I guess not.

#4740 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

"Batman Day" is an annual day promoted by DC to celebrate all things Batman. It started 4 years ago to commemorate the 75'th anniversary of his first Batman comic.
This year it was yesterday, Saturday Sept 23'rd. I was hoping Stern would use that day to maybe tease us with some more solid code update news. I guess not.

Doc where did you find that image? You seem to find all these BM66 gems, are you Mr Franchi in disguise

I noticed that on my playfield almost instantly there is some great detail on the BM66 Playfield, I would love to see some batpole footage integrated with the outline switches, such a great art choice would be great if there was some integration to the art and LCD.

Any chance you have the art used on the SLE cabinets?

#4741 6 years ago

I'd like to add speaker lights.

#4742 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doc where did you find that image?

Franchi posted it on his facebook page. It was a tease for his Expo talk in a few weeks. He said he plans to show a lot of behind the scenes art stuff regarding Batman66 during the talk. Maybe he'll be be allowed to show his new Stern game art as well?

#4743 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I have not purchased a NIB machine since my STLE . I noticed on that title a few inserts had minor " Crazying" not sure if I am using the right term . On the clear inserts it is very noticeable line or tiny pinpoint bubbles that appear from under/through insert. I noticed it on JJp The Hobbit as well on every insert . And on GB . These are all location pinball machines but not that old . I have 20 year old B/W like my ST:TNG that have a little " Crazing " but not as bad as these newer Titles . I am debating a purchase of a NIB STERN maybe Batman 66 , Hobbit , STERN SW this issue has me spooked. I took a photo of Batman 66 most of the inserts had lots of " Crazying " not sure I capture it in photo . JJP Hobbit bad as well. What the owner/players of Batman 66 LE or SLE noticed in this regard . I find it unsettling. My Avengers LE has the most plays of my newer STERN and it has no " Crazing " I know its pinball and stuff happens but when I opened my NIB StarTrek LE and saw the minor insert "Crazing" it pissed me off . It seems to have gotten worse on titles since 2013 . I would loose my mind if I bought a JJP Hobbit NIB or Batman 66 and saw this as I witness yesterday on the said machine at this location. Or is the new norm. I am sure it is possibly a crap shoot . I will add that the fact that these titles now use mostly clear / clear colored inserts with no art covering them my make this issue more noticeable . Thank you .

Batman 66 crazing insesrts (resized).jpgBatman 66 crazing insesrts (resized).jpg

#4744 6 years ago

Crazing doesn't bother me at all. Now ghosting, that's not acceptable IMO. If you do decide to buy a NIB BM66 please wait until after the next major (hopefully) code update. That way Stern will see proof that code support really does matter to its customers.

#4745 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Crazing doesn't bother me at all. Now ghosting, that's not acceptable IMO. If you do decide to buy a NIB BM66 please wait until after the next major (hopefully) code update. That way Stern will see proof that code support really does matter to its customers.

I am glad you have the Batman 66 machine . Great . But you did not really answer my question . (Does your machine have a " Crazing" issue ????) I do agree Ghosting on any machine New or old sucks as the insert will chip away at some point .

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For a minute, I thought someone had come up with a new apron mod

#4747 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I am glad you have the Batman 66 machine . Great . But you did not really answer my question . (Does your machine have a " Crazing" issue ????) I do agree Ghosting on any machine New or old sucks as the insert will chip away at some point .

No crazing so far on my BM66. However I do have a playfield protector on. Only crazed insert on my KISS is the arrow on the top of the shooter lane where the ball could drop during a soft plunge. Really seems to be a crap shoot with NIB purchases regardless of the manufacturer. Sucks I know considering what these things are costing.

#4748 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

No crazing so far on my BM66. However I do have a playfield protector on. Only crazed insert on my KISS is the arrow on the top of the shooter lane where the ball could drop during a soft plunge. Really seems to be a crap shoot with NIB purchases regardless of the manufacturer. Sucks I know considering what these things are costing.

Thank you. Do you have to take all the stuff off the Batman 66 to put on the playfield protector ? I'm not skilled enough . #2 Where or whom did you purchase your Batman 66 Playfield protector from I would like to look at there products . Thanks a million.

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thank you. Do you have to take all the stuff off the Batman 66 to put on the playfield protector ? I'm not skilled enough . #2 Where or whom did you purchase your Batman 66 Playfield protector from I would like to look at there products . Thanks a million.

No, only a few minor items need to be removed for a proper fit. Trust me, even with minimal skills it is a very DIY project. Just take your time and Pictures! Good Luck!

#4750 6 years ago

Update. Always positive in production we are ahead of schedule. The Sewer Mag Protector is now available and packaged to ship starting today! You can PM me direct if you wish though it would be best to use direct checkout via our Pinside Market store under "The Mod Couple"! I will update on production status of the Speaker Illumination kits as well as the Toy mounting custom plate soon. All still on track as promised. Thank everyone for their interest.

Direct Link to "The Mod Couple" Pinside market store:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01265-batman-66-sewer-magnet-protector

IMG_9220 (resized).jpgIMG_9220 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/95?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.