IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 374.
#4551 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well I Finally joined the Batman LE club today thanks to an Amazing local Pinsider #Kklank. He is letting me relive my childhood entertainment with one of the cleanest (not sure he ever played it) examples I ever seen!

Kevin doesn't actually play his pins, he just turns them on and shoves them!

#4552 6 years ago

Used my Bat Hurricane Deflection Koozie during the storm and we never lost power.

20170910_172125 (resized).jpg20170910_172125 (resized).jpg

#4553 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Welcome to the club! But isn't that the Batman Returns bat signal?

You may be right but as Doc may concur that logo is simply a easily removable profile. I can change it with a simple sticker or even waterjet the correct one but for me this cost a mere $18 and took 5 minutes to install. Personally I think the signal in the show was never precision focused. They were shooting it into the Sky! Plus its yellow which I believe matches the back glass and looks good. Again, it's a nice feature and I applaud Stern for coming up with it but for $200 plus dollars I do Not believe its a Must have OEM make or break need. I only use it when company is over but everyone has there own taste. My taste is Cheap when it comes to do dads like this. Lol.

#4554 6 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Kevin doesn't actually play his pins, he just turns them on and shoves them!

All I can say is he is a Great guy and this was probably the smoothest buying transaction I have ever had. Not to mention everything in his collection looks like a museum which is important to me as I know he knows how to take care of his toys! I would say Never fear doing business with him!

#4555 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All I can say is he is a Great guy and this was probably the smoothest buying transaction I have ever had. Not to mention everything in his collection looks like a museum which is important to me as I know he knows how to take care of his toys! I would say Never fear doing business with him!

Kevin is a good guy, he's just a "heavy nudger", but so am I!

#4556 6 years ago

INCOMING MESSAGE STOP. CO-ORDINATES OF BATMAN66 OWNERS STOP WE DEMAND CODE STOP TIME IS RUNNING OUT STOP SEND NOW STOP...

this is nuts now.

#4557 6 years ago

All I gotta say is the next update better be at least 1.00.

#4558 6 years ago

Whats the rush with everyone wanting code? JUST KIDDING!!! I got my machine Yesterday even after following this thread! I feel for you early adopters truly. Especially if you have a smaller selection of games. Odd question since it appears we have Lots of time to analyze this game.... On the far left side of the playfield toward the top just past the entrance to the ramp is a Long playfield plastic strip that just kind of floats there without a fastener? Is that correct or am I missing a piece of tape or something? Not an issue just seemed like a Long plastic barely fastened. Thanks, still new to me.

#4559 6 years ago

I think you're referring to the plastic guard over the left ramp. It's there to prevent airballs from flying off the ramp. It's supposed to look unfinished and "float". A couple members are working on a completely new wireform to replace Stern's flappy plastic alternative.

#4560 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On the far left side of the playfield toward the top just past the entrance to the ramp is a Long playfield plastic strip that just kind of floats there without a fastener? Is that correct or am I missing a piece of tape or something? Not an issue just seemed like a Long plastic barely fastened.

They made a more solid replacement that you should be able to get from your distributer.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I got my machine Yesterday even after following this thread! I feel for you early adopters truly.

You never know, soon you may feel like an early adopter too.

#4561 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You never know, soon you may feel like an early adopter too.

#4562 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Whats the rush with everyone wanting code? JUST KIDDING!!! I got my machine Yesterday even after following this thread! I feel for you early adopters truly. Especially if you have a smaller selection of games. Odd question since it appears we have Lots of time to analyze this game.... On the far left side of the playfield toward the top just past the entrance to the ramp is a Long playfield plastic strip that just kind of floats there without a fastener? Is that correct or am I missing a piece of tape or something? Not an issue just seemed like a Long plastic barely fastened. Thanks, still new to me.

There's a kit to make that not flop. It also has a stainless piece you install to divert airballs that get on top of the plastic near the "G" in "Gadget" off the plastic. Ask your distributor for it.

#4563 6 years ago

OK sorry clearly my description was not accurate enough. I already have the ramp upgrade (not installed yet since I have yet to have a single ball issue one day! lol) I am talking about the Long plastic that runs up the Side wood rail of the machine Left side almost touching the cabinet. Toward the end I can lift up that plastic with one finger almost 3 inches with no fastners. There is only 1 plastic along the left side. If this still doesn't make sense I can always just post a pic if that helps. Again, not an issue just never seen a plastic That long with only 1 or 2 fasteners holding it.

#4564 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK sorry clearly my description was not accurate enough. I already have the ramp upgrade (not installed yet since I have yet to have a single ball issue one day! lol) I am talking about the Long plastic that runs up the Side wood rail of the machine Left side almost touching the cabinet.

Are you talking about the batgirl plastic that starts over the gadget targets and then ends by the start of the left orbit? If so, the plastic tapers and is too thin for fasteners at the end. It's not going anywhere unless a piece breaks off.

#4565 6 years ago

This would be the plastic in question. Not prying, just simply flops up. Is this ok?

IMG_9006 (resized).JPGIMG_9006 (resized).JPG

#4566 6 years ago

Yes you're fine. All the Batman 66 machines are like that. Welcome to the new age of Stern cost cutting. A small piece of double sided tape will help.

#4567 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking about the batgirl plastic that starts over the gadget targets and then ends by the start of the left orbit? If so, the plastic tapers and is too thin for fasteners at the end. It's not going anywhere unless a piece breaks off.

Thanks. If you say this is good I will just ignore or possibly stick some chewing gum under there to make me feel better. Noticed it waxing the lane and flipped all the way up with the rag. Need to have better rag control.....

#4568 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

INCOMING MESSAGE STOP. CO-ORDINATES OF BATMAN66 OWNERS STOP WE DEMAND CODE STOP TIME IS RUNNING OUT STOP SEND NOW STOP...

The effectiveness of us complaining about BM66 code reminds me of this:

old (resized).jpgold (resized).jpg

i.e. Stern doesn't care if we are disappointed or not and will release new code whenever they get around to it. Let's hope they get around to it sooner than later.

#4569 6 years ago

lol yeah I know. it made me feel better for all of 4 seconds.

#4570 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah you have lost me, post a couple pics, will make it a lot easier for anyone to compare against your photos.

This is the post I'm referring to. Is it supposed to have a plastic on it? It's near the apron on the left side.

BM66Post (resized).jpgBM66Post (resized).jpg

#4571 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

This is the post I'm referring to. Is it supposed to have a plastic on it? It's near the apron on the left side.

No plastic there. The post is there to keep the ball from settling in that notched area of the apron.

#4572 6 years ago

Guess it's not this week then.

#4573 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Guess it's not this week then.

Club moto

#4574 6 years ago

I've got the shirt ready

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 5.36.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-14 at 5.36.06 PM (resized).png

#4575 6 years ago

Well on another note...

Pinstriping is started and will be done middle of next week. Decided to do red trailing edges to match SLE and added a few other things including some of the "zap" and "kapow" artwork on the sides of the cab to the speaker panel and coin door. Was a bit torn since premium cab art doesn't feature the bat mobile. But, went that way regardless.

Finished most of the play field and powder work. Even did the apron although it barely shows...

Pretty happy with it.

IMG_0334 (resized).JPGIMG_0334 (resized).JPG

IMG_0335 (resized).JPGIMG_0335 (resized).JPG

IMG_0336 (resized).JPGIMG_0336 (resized).JPG

IMG_0337 (resized).JPGIMG_0337 (resized).JPG

IMG_0338 (resized).JPGIMG_0338 (resized).JPG

IMG_0339 (resized).JPGIMG_0339 (resized).JPG

IMG_0340 (resized).JPGIMG_0340 (resized).JPG

IMG_0341 (resized).JPGIMG_0341 (resized).JPG

IMG_0342 (resized).JPGIMG_0342 (resized).JPG

IMG_0343 (resized).JPGIMG_0343 (resized).JPG

IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPG

IMG_0345 (resized).JPGIMG_0345 (resized).JPG

#4576 6 years ago

Zdoor looks fantastic!! Well done!! The black flippers with yellow bands looks sweet!!

#4577 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Well on another note...
Pinstriping is started and will be done middle of next week. Decided to do red trailing edges to match SLE and added a few other things including some of the "zap" and "kapow" artwork on the sides of the cab to the speaker panel and coin door. Was a bit torn since premium cab art doesn't feature the bat mobile. But, went that way regardless.
Finished most of the play field and powder work. Even did the apron although it barely shows...
Pretty happy with it.

Looks great! Did you do a custom paint job on you building mod on the back board?

The bat phone under the cake glass looks so much better than the big dog chew toy phone that came with the game.

#4578 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks great! Did you do a custom paint job on you building mod on the back board?
The bat phone under the cake glass looks so much better than the big dog chew toy phone that came with the game.

Yes. It's painted and cleared. Looks a lot better.

#4579 6 years ago

Just received this response on Facebook on any word on new code:

Marketing team checked in with Production this week and confirmed that the team is working at a top priority on updates for this machine. A new update is planned for release as soon as possible. ❤️

#4580 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Just received this response on Facebook on any word on new code:
Marketing team checked in with Production this week and confirmed that the team is working at a top priority on updates for this machine. A new update is planned for release as soon as possible. ❤️

So basically a more wordy version of the usual "Stay tuned!"

#4581 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So basically a more wordy version of the usual "Stay tuned!"

You got it

#4582 6 years ago

Thanks for the update... basically, a reworded version on how they responded to me about a month ago. Gotta be some bugs or something legit at this point stalling the release. I'm not upset ( for now), but this needs to end.....I'd take a partial, just to know they're really working on it.

This one gonna bite them hard at expo if they try to launch any other machine then, imho....

#4583 6 years ago

But This time they signed it with a Heart!! That has to mean Something no? lol

#4584 6 years ago

It's awefully quiet here in our beloved thread, following the passing of yet another disappointing Thursday.

I've reached a point where I'm actually exhausted from capturing Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, and Penguin so much. I can't do it anymore, or I'll scream! My last game I just concentrated on Bat Turn, complaining like Muttley under my breath.

#4585 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It's awefully quiet here in our beloved thread, following the passing of yet another disappointing Thursday.
I've reached a point where I'm actually exhausted from capturing Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, and Penguin so much. I can't do it anymore, or I'll scream! My last game I just concentrated on Bat Turn, complaining like Muttley under my breath.

Fortunately, my game is still in pieces, so I'm more excited for next week, when all my powder is back, and new wireform in place for testing. Focusing on mechanics helps me pass the time on this one.......

#4586 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I don't play my Batman 66 anymore. I enjoyed my time with the last code update, but I don't want to get sick of the machine before it's fully realized.

Why does Thursday mark the end of the week for the code to drop?

#4587 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I don't play my Batman 66 anymore. I enjoyed my time with the last code update, but I don't want to get sick of the machine before it's fully realized.
Why does Thursday mark the end of the week for the code to drop?

Because they've never done am official drop on Friday. They had ONE Batman'66 Gomez Drop that was done on Thursday, according to the readme, but actually hit Friday morning, but only one (and it was dated Thursday).
So Friday and Monday are generally Stern no drop zones.

#4588 6 years ago

I enjoy a lot the Bat-Turn, Multiballs, and because I'm still trying to catch them all 4 for me the game it is and will be an amazing game no matter what. Obviously I want the Villain vision and many more things working, but I guess that I just have to be patient.
Yesterday I installed the Mod crane and instead of the 2 minutes installation that they say...took me like 1.5 hour, all because of that electric cable in the ceiling of the crane. So, to avoid a big gap I cut some parts in the front and now looks very nice.

The past month I canceled a SWLE, ordered a AFMr green and fortunately arrived 2 days ago to my place, tomorrow it is my birthday so it will be a good night playing along with my Family before PPV Canelo vs. GGG.

Regards

IMG_1080 (resized).JPGIMG_1080 (resized).JPG

IMG_0230 (resized).JPGIMG_0230 (resized).JPG

#4589 6 years ago

You couldn't have made a better decision than to cancel your SW for an AFMR. CGC did one helluva job on that one. Enjoy your birthday!

#4590 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You couldn't have made a better decision than to cancel your SW for an AFMR. CGC did one helluva job on that one. Enjoy your birthday!

I did too!

Now it's time to code it up

I'm thinking Lyman is Fing with us right now

Pre Expo for sure

If not, I will never buy another Stern pin again!

Not kidding

#4591 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yesterday I installed the Mod crane and instead of the 2 minutes installation that they say...took me like 1.5 hour, all because of that electric cable in the ceiling of the crane. So, to avoid a big gap I cut some parts in the front and now looks very nice.

I got the crane mod second hand without instructions but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Based on your recent experience with it, how would you recommend installing it?

#4592 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

+ 1000!!!!! Can't stop playing the damn thing....great machine!!!

#4593 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Lyman is Fing with us right now
Pre Expo for sure

Agreed...hope he's actually polishing it now.....

Dammit Doug, Jager night again!!!.. can't get good bourbon around here lately....going to Tenn. Next week!!!

#4594 6 years ago

Getting sick of waiting also. Having said that I totally agree with the rumoured strategy of releasing one big code update rather than lots of small ones. I'm no expert on coding, but wouldn't each release, no matter how big, involve a heap of tidying up and testing before release? Wouldn't it be better to do that once instead of multiple times? And if the next update involves a fundamental shift in gameplay, such as implementing tv modes and gadgets, it's kind of an all or nothing update. You can't release changes like that in parts as the whole game becomes a mess.

#4595 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Getting sick of waiting also. Having said that I totally agree with the rumoured strategy of releasing one big code update rather than lots of small ones. I'm no expert on coding, but wouldn't each release, no matter how big, involve a heap of tidying up and testing before release? Wouldn't it be better to do that once instead of multiple times? And if the next update involves a fundamental shift in gameplay, such as implementing tv modes and gadgets, it's kind of an all or nothing update. You can't release changes like that in parts as the whole game becomes a mess.

True.....gadgets, TV modes, and minor villains with extensive callouts has to be included, not even considering any tricks Lyman's got up his sleeve.

#4596 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I enjoy a lot the Bat-Turn, Multiballs, and because I'm still trying to catch them all 4 for me the game it is and will be an amazing game no matter what. Obviously I want the Villain vision and many more things working, but I guess that I just have to be patient.
The past month I canceled a SWLE, ordered a AFMr green and fortunately arrived 2 days ago to my place, tomorrow it is my birthday so it will be a good night playing along with my Family before PPV Canelo vs. GGG.
Regards

I diverted my 2017 NIB funds from Stern to PPS as well. It probably doesn't mean anything to Stern right now, but history has taught us that there will be hard times in pinball at some point in the future, and then maybe they'll miss my annual NIB. Unfortunately, I got no other leverage.

#4597 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I diverted my 2017 NIB funds from Stern to PPS as well. It probably doesn't mean anything to Stern right now, but history has taught us that there will be hard times in pinball at some point in the future, and then maybe they'll miss my annual NIB. Unfortunately, I got no other leverage.

You will not regret this move.....just had another round of a visual, auditory, and gameplay beat down at the hands of Martians.....

#4598 6 years ago

Too be clear, however, I love my BM, and it's staying...counting on a " new game" experience when Lyman finishes it....

#4599 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I got the crane mod second hand without instructions but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Based on your recent experience with it, how would you recommend installing it?

Doc, I bought 2 cranes, 1 for my Brother's pin and the other for mine from Mezel-Mods with some KISS mods too (Fig 1), and to be honest the 3M that comes on top of the cranes are useless so I filled the top with UGlu(that clear crazy glue in tape).

When I tried to install it, the mod stopped about 1/2 of an inch behind instead of the "L" corners.(Fig 2)

I checked the reason and it was the electrical cables including 2 in diagonal(I was assuming that the Mod was made knowing that, but no. (Fig 3)

To be able to place it well, I had to cut the left top corner, front left corner, one of the diagonal in the same left side, and 2 cuts in the left bottom.

I told my Brother to wait till Sunday to see if his crane cables are same as mine, if he decides to cut the Mod I will post pics Doc.

The result (Fig.5)

Regards
Paulo JC

IMG_0257 (resized).PNGIMG_0257 (resized).PNG
IMG_0254 (resized).PNGIMG_0254 (resized).PNG
IMG_0256 (resized).PNGIMG_0256 (resized).PNG
IMG_0230 (resized).JPGIMG_0230 (resized).JPG

#4600 6 years ago

New rumor is no GOTG at Expo. I'm curious if this is because Lyman is not done with BM66 yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/92?hl=legionsoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.