IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 374.
#4351 6 years ago

Interested Doc

Quoted from docquest:Homemade. If there was enough interest I could make some more. Its 2 pieces of painted plastic glued together with a small magnet on the back to hold it to the grill.

#4352 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

On a side note I wonder what's taking so long to get speaker light kits for Spike 2? I've seen their prototype a few months ago.

I'm trying to cover all of the angles so the early adopters aren't stuck with an inferior or incomplete product. I have made changes and improvements to my current light kits in the past 4+ years, but the basic design, components and wiring has remain unchanged. Having things well thought out and uniform has made it so all of my light kits have been compatible with other mods that have been released since then (ColorDMD, TRON LED light mod PCB, under-cabinet kits, ect...). If I were in it for the quick buck I would be listing my current light kits for Batman / Aerosmith / Star Wars...as they do work (as pictured above and elsewhere on this thread). There was a buyer that even showed me how they could be mounted (in a creative way) and the current light kit wouldn't need any modifications at all to be mounted in SPIKE 2 games. I just wasn't a fan of that look (especially with those bars over the lit speaker holes) so I am taking the time to do the Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games the best that I can. There have been many holdups and delays and I am still testing, getting quotes, comparing products and weighing price / feature options.

I know it has nearly been a year since Batman was first shown off, but I hope people can be patient while the designing, testing and fine tuning can be done. This is a completely new and more complicated speaker panel than the ones that Stern have use in the past. Any changes Stern has made since my Speaker Light Kits were first released has normally been tackled in a timely manor (before the game in question was even shipping). Coming up with a new design for a speaker panel that is so different isn't as easy as just buying someone else's product and cheaply copying it (as many have done with my product in the past) and I want to make sure all things are taken into account before releasing them.

So the update is, they are being worked on and are progressing. I'm not a fan of announcing products or taking pre-orders before there is a product to sell. That is why you haven't seen or heard many updates from me. They are coming and when they are ready they will be announced, listed for sale and available to ship to customers then. Speaker Light Kits is all I sell, so you can believe they are coming and I am doing my best to get a well made product to the people that want them as soon as I can.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com) The Home of the Original Pinball Speaker Light Kit.

#4353 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I know it has nearly been a year since Batman was first shown off, but I hope people can be patient while the designing, testing and fine tuning can be done.

No problem Doug - this is a patient group. We are still waiting for code ...

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

#4354 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm trying to cover all of the angles so the early adopters aren't stuck with an inferior or incomplete product. I have made changes and improvements to my current light kits in the past 4+ years, but the basic design, components and wiring has remain unchanged. Having things well thought out and uniform has made it so all of my light kits have been compatible with other mods that have been released since then (ColorDMD, TRON LED light mod PCB, under-cabinet kits, ect...). If I were in it for the quick buck I would be listing my current light kits for Batman / Aerosmith / Star Wars...as they do work (as pictured above and elsewhere on this thread). There was a buyer that even showed me how they could be mounted (in a creative way) and the current light kit wouldn't need any modifications at all to be mounted in SPIKE 2 games. I just wasn't a fan of that look (especially with those bars over the lit speaker holes) so I am taking the time to do the Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games the best that I can. There have been many holdups and delays and I am still testing, getting quotes, comparing products and weighing price / feature options.
I know it has nearly been a year since Batman was first shown off, but I hope people can be patient while the designing, testing and fine tuning can be done. This is a completely new and more complicated speaker panel than the ones that Stern have use in the past. Any changes Stern has made since my Speaker Light Kits were first released has normally been tackled in a timely manor (before the game in question was even shipping). Coming up with a new design for a speaker panel that is so different isn't as easy as just buying someone else's product and cheaply copying it (as many have done with my product in the past) and I want to make sure all things are taken into account before releasing them.
So the update is, they are being worked on and are progressing. I'm not a fan of announcing products or taking pre-orders before there is a product to sell. That is why you haven't seen or heard many updates from me. They are coming and when they are ready they will be announced, listed for sale and available to ship to customers then. Speaker Light Kits is all I sell, so you can believe they are coming and I am doing my best to get a well made product to the people that want them as soon as I can.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com) The Home of the Original Pinball Speaker Light Kit.

I was hoping you'd see my post. Thanks very much for the reply and update.

#4355 6 years ago

I saw a recent YouTube video with BM66 used in a tournament. If this game is already tournament ready, why is everone expecting more code? And claiming because 'Gomez promised us' doesn't count!

#4356 6 years ago

Because more than half of the game isn't coded......

- Minor Villains do nothing
- Gadgets don't function other than opening batcave on a plunge
- Seasons 1, 2 & 3 do nothing
- 2 Main Villain modes where changed into a new format, 2 more need updating to match
- Villain Vision doesn't function as stated
- Mini Wizard modes need adding/polishing
- Wizard modes need adding/finishing
- Over 70% of the video clips in the files are not present in game
- Same issue with audio clips, specially the custom clips recorded by Adam & Burt.

Even Stern cant be happy releasing their anniversary pin this unfinished, plus there is a huge update being worked on its just a case of when will Lyman be happy enough with it to release it.

#4357 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I saw a recent YouTube video with BM66 used in a tournament. If this game is already tournament ready, why is everone expecting more code? And claiming because 'Gomez promised us' doesn't count!

Right now the game is about as deep as a system 11. The minor villain modes don't do anything but are partially coded, different season modes don't exist yet but are obviously part of the game, no main wizard mode, only half the main villains have callouts, no batgirl mode (speculation), countless smaller issues that I'm probably missing.

J85M beat me to it. Bottom line, the game is great obviously not done.

#4358 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Joke entry in the tournament? BM'66 is not in any way, shape, or form tournament ready.

#4359 6 years ago

Trying to decide on coin bezel trim... choices are yellow, red or chrome. The carriage bolts are polished chrome. They don't really show up in the pic

IMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPG
IMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPG

#4360 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Trying to decide on coin bezel trim... choices are yellow, red or chrome. The carriage bolts are polished chrome. They don't really show up in the pic

Very nice Steve!!!....if I didn't have a powder guy here , you would have already had my coin door and shooter rod housing.

I've got this purple thing going on w mine, so that's how I'm rolling w the bezels. Do you do the scoop mod? I'd be in on that.....anxious to see your other mods....mark

#4361 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I think the chrome would tie in well with the silver flake on the door, legs and rails.

#4362 6 years ago

I think the yellow is too much.

#4363 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

When I saw your post, the first reaction was to relate it to the Batman utility belt...so, for me Yellow. If you don't want them or have a spare set exactly like those ones in yellow I'm in, just PM me please.

Regards.

#4364 6 years ago

yellow is way too much, chrome would be great.

#4365 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very nice Steve!!!....if I didn't have a powder guy here , you would have already had my coin door and shooter rod housing.
I've got this purple thing going on w mine, so that's how I'm rolling w the bezels. Do you do the scoop mod? I'd be in on that.....anxious to see your other mods....mark

Actually this is Gio... playing around with different things and having some fun customizing

#4366 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

When I saw your post, the first reaction was to relate it to the Batman utility belt...so, for me Yellow. If you don't want them or have a spare set exactly like those ones in yellow I'm in, just PM me please.
Regards.

Kind of what I was going for. Going to swap chrome today and compare.

I have extra coin plastics in black if you need a set. For non metallic colors, it's just painted. It's not hard to do. Chrome and a colored chrome finished are different. To be done right those need to be electroplated. It gets expensive but it comes out sweet.

#4367 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Actually this is Gio... playing around with different things and having some fun customizing

Great to hear from you Gio!!!.....sorry, as I've been confused w changes of late....I'd like to see the chrome ones...could look nice!!!

#4368 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the chrome would tie in well with the silver flake on the door, legs and rails.

Could have sworn my flake is gold, I'm going to have to check now.

#4369 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could have sworn my flake is gold, I'm going to have to check now.

Geo has a premium

#4370 6 years ago

There seems to be enough interest in the bat symbol speaker grill mod so I'll go ahead and order some parts to make more. Will probably take a week or two to get the laser cut plastics made. I will post on update when they are ready.

#4371 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There seems to be enough interest in the bat symbol speaker grill mod so I'll go ahead and order some parts to make more. Will probably take a week or two to get the laser cut plastics made. I will post on update when they are ready.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!

#4372 6 years ago

I would be interested in the bat signals for the speaker grills, as well.
Patiently awaiting the speaker light kit, too...

#4373 6 years ago

O Code Dropeo, Code Dropeo!
Wherefore art thou Code Dropeo?

#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks a lot Doc!

#4375 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

O Code Dropeo, Code Dropeo!
Wherefore art thou Code Dropeo?

Since no Labor Day code drop, I am guessing Expo is the next logical target date.

#4376 6 years ago

I would agree that a pre Expo code drop is necessary to avoid a lot of headaches

#4377 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I would agree that a pre Expo code drop is necessary to avoid a lot of headaches

or riots!

#4378 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Seasons 1, 2 & 3 do nothing

Glad to see this,I thought mine was broken,howefer,I have seen this pin in other pics where seasons 1,2,3 WAS lit!! Confusing!!

#4379 6 years ago

I'm going to do the right wireform in a dark purple. Powder is $15 for a half pound. Figure that should do it. I may do both back gates as well.

IMAG0660 (resized).jpgIMAG0660 (resized).jpg

#4380 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm going to do the right wireform in a dark purple. Powder is $15 for a half pound. Figure that should do it. I may do both back gates as well.

Be sure to post pics! I keep thinking about doing my left ramp red with gold flake maybe even a little green flake too (robins costume colours) and my right ramp like a blue with purple flake (representing batmans costume colours - not 100% accurat but I am not going grey and purple lol)

#4381 6 years ago

i rarely post about topics on here !

but this release is a embarrassment! put out on bare code ! and now we are waiting months for an update ! along with a brand new star wars game that customers are constantly crashing and we couldnt even use in the launch party ! now we have two new sterns that are unplayable in tournaments ! you have to wonder if batman is high on the priority list ??
hey at least aerosmith was a good release ! i am a big Stern supporter and have purchased the last several games for my pinball shop. lets hope this turns around soon !

Minor Villains do nothing
- Gadgets don't function other than opening batcave on a plunge
- Seasons 1, 2 & 3 do nothing
- 2 Main Villain modes where changed into a new format, 2 more need updating to match
- Villain Vision doesn't function as stated
- Mini Wizard modes need adding/polishing
- Wizard modes need adding/finishing
- Over 70% of the video clips in the files are not present in game
- Same issue with audio clips, specially the custom clips recorded by Adam & Burt.
Even Stern cant be happy releasing their anniversary pin this unfinished, plus there is a huge update being worked on its just a case of when will Lyman be happy enough with it to release it.

#4382 6 years ago

I take comfort that way back Lyman had publicly complained that TWD was not given enough time for code and was incomplete. Then not too long later, like a handful of months, he dropped the big update that changed that game. So, in a lot of ways we've been here before. All can and will be forgiven when the big update drops, and they've assured us it will.

#4383 6 years ago

How many days since the last code update?

At least I have other games to play while I wait.

#4384 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many days since the last code update?
At least I have other games to play while I wait.

105 days

#4385 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

All can and will be forgiven when the big update drops, and they've assured us it will.

Where do they talk about a big update dropping?

#4386 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

There have been emails/communications from Stern to distributors as well as several of us being told by Stern themselves Lyman is working on it and it's coming soon.

None of which is particularly reliable based on Sterns past behaviour of lying to their customers however the biggest assurance is the fact it is Lyman working on the code, he always finishes his games and has spoke out publically about code more than once followed by a surprise/final update.

#4387 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There have been emails/communications from Stern to distributors as well as several of us being told by Stern themselves Lyman is working on it and it's coming soon.
None of which is particularly reliable based on Sterns past behaviour of lying to their customers however the biggest assurance is the fact it is Lyman working on the code, he always finishes his games and has spoke out publically about code more than once followed by a surprise/final update.

Gotcha. I really like this machine, and I enjoyed the last update, but I haven't played this game in a while in anticipation of the next update, hoping it would add a lot of "character" to the game (call outs, videos, etc). If it does that and adds most of the missing modes, it'll definitely be a game getting solid play time.

#4388 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Quoted from pauloz:

One of the guys on Aussie Arcade asked (nicely) about when new code and got this reply.

/start of email

Hello,
I received your email asking about the status of Batman code. As we attempted to do releases every 2 weeks it became clear to us that the types of features that could be released every 2 weeks would be minor and the complaint would then be about the lack of significant* impact of those features. This means that the work required to complete bigger features requires more development and testing time than a 2 week duration will allow.

In addition it is not uncommon to discover bugs related to the new code or how it interacts with the existing code during testing, which in turn regresses the release for fixing and re-testing.

Lyman and I are personally committed to delivering a product worthy of the legacy of games that we have created thru the years. To this end he is working on the game full time and will remain so until the game is done to our satisfaction. This particular game requires significant effort due to the breadth of material available in the Batman 66 theme. We have every intention of delivering on the promise of a great game.

We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.

Thank you for your patience.

GG

/end of email

#4389 6 years ago

Just curious, when was that response written?

#4390 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

That Gomez BS was about a month and a half ago. So much for "very close to next releases" I guess. But I guess "very close" could be relative, in which case we're screwed.

#4391 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Was posted here 41 days ago.

#4392 6 years ago

The next update sounds like it's going to be worth the wait. Thanks for posting!

#4393 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

The next update sounds like it's going to be worth the wait. Thanks for posting!

If Lyman is on it full time. I'd like confirmation of this.

#4394 6 years ago

If Lyman has been working on a new game and has to finish BM66 on his own time as has happened before, I wouldn't blame him for dropping the ball on it and saying enough is enough.

#4395 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm in the club, just took delivery of PRE! So I started playing it, and it seems it won't go into "Villian escape" mode after I defeat the 4 villains...the white Batman logo insert does not ever light up...it just goes back to zero villains lit up, and you have to start over. Is there a setting I'm missing that turned off the Wizard Mode?

Any advice appreciated! Thanks, -Paul

#4396 6 years ago

pic

IMG_6427 2 (resized).JPGIMG_6427 2 (resized).JPG

#4397 6 years ago

Welcome to the most patient club ever. You should update to the 0.75 code. Get it at stern website.

#4398 6 years ago

...and oddly enough, when the game is over and the lights are cycling on the PF, the only light not flashing is that Batman logo that should light up before Villian escape. weird.

IMG_6428 (resized).JPGIMG_6428 (resized).JPG

#4399 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Welcome to the most patient club ever. You should update to the 0.75 code. Get it at stern website.

Thanks! will do. (Is that Dr Benton Quest in your ID? nice)

#4400 6 years ago

oh yeah, duh, I see your name now. d'oh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/88?hl=legionsoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.