IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 374.
#4201 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The biggest danger is the nuts chewing up the powdercoat when you tighten them. Use nylon washers to eliminate this problem.

As the case w powdercoat, period. The ball firing from the VUK into the ramp would not harm the powdercoat. Tough stuff, generally, especially in this application. Many threads on it...

#4202 6 years ago

I have two custom games that have coated VUKs. Not a chip on them

#4203 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

As the case w powdercoat, period. The ball firing from the VUK into the ramp would not harm the powdercoat. Tough stuff, generally, especially in this application. Many threads on it...

I did a shadow with powdercoated ramps like 15 years ago and they still look perfect.

#4204 6 years ago

I may do the right wireform in green.

#4205 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did a shadow with powdercoated ramps like 15 years ago and they still look perfect.

Exactly.....0 problems on powdering habitrails that I've ever seen regarding VUK use. As long as the process is done correctly, this stuff is very durable...

The BM66 entrance ramp to the rail won't be coated ( most aren't)...just won't have a wiretie hole in it, either...

#4206 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I may do the right wireform in green.

I'd actually thought about purple sparkle on that one ( Penguin color) at some point....I'm still in withdrawal mode having my machine down, so one step at a time for me....

#4207 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd actually thought about purple sparkle on that one ( Penguin color) at some point....I'm still in withdrawal mode having my machine down, so one step at a time for me....

I think a Batgirl purple sparkle would look good on the right ramp.

#4208 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think a Batgirl purple sparkle would look good on the right ramp.

Whoa!!!...completely agree...the Batgirl color could be perfect!!!

#4209 6 years ago

My thoughts are I can powder coat it a this color as we have it at our business.

Same color as the force gauge.

What does anyone think?

Screenshot_20170826-234849 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170826-234849 (resized).png

#4210 6 years ago

Oh man, a purple VUK would be perfect. I hate you guys.

#4211 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Oh man, a purple VUK would be perfect. I hate you guys.

I hate myself!!! The more I look at it, the more that right ramp NEEDS to be purple sparkle. Guess I'll reach out to Matt and beg him to put more work on his plate on this....Machine us already apart anyway....

#4212 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The more I look at it, the more that right ramp NEEDS to be purple sparkle. Guess I'll reach out to Matt and beg him to put more work on his plate on this....Machine us already apart anyway....

You are absolutely correct!!
If he can come up with a purple Batgirl sparkle (which you know is perfect for the LE), I'm on the list ...

Are you thinking this would be another improved replacement ramp or we just send him the originals to powder coat?

MK6PIN doing everything he can to make the LE as Bat-tastic as possible...

#4213 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My thoughts are I can powder coat it a this color as we have it at our business.
Same color as the force gauge.
What does anyone think?

If you have a force gauge in Batgirl purple sparkle, I'm in ....

#4214 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You are absolutely correct!!
If he can come up with a purple Batgirl sparkle (which you know is perfect for the LE), I'm on the list ...
Are you thinking this would be another improved replacement ramp or we just send him the originals to powder coat?
mk6pin doing everything he can to make the LE as Bat-tastic as possible...

I'm thinking the right ramp is solid, and functions fine. Pretty easy to get that one off (compared to the left..). Just going to powder that one. Matt does amazing powder work, as well...I'm looking for a silver sparkle effect on the red and purple (smaller flakes than the armor, but still would be a nice fit. Believe he and I will be able to synergize on the colors (going to send him some hi res Batgirl pics today for a reference)

That red sparkle will be carried over identically to the lockdown bar bat logo, in place of the sticker (either powdering the ramp itself, or a separate, METAL piece (has to be thin and contoured, however).

#4215 6 years ago

where is this at? Manual isn't clear:

IMG_5209 (resized).JPGIMG_5209 (resized).JPG

#4216 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I believe it's at the bottom of the ball trough (where they then get shot into the shooter lane). I also think they don't use opto's down there any more so there should be some mechanical switches that can easily be bent to make good contact with each ball in the trough. May be 4 to 6 switches depending on how many balls the game uses. Simple thing for you to adjust in any case. Good luck.

#4217 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

False error. Just look under the PF with the coin door open and you'll see the upkicker coil for the ball trough. Manually raise that to put the ball in the shooter lane. Do that three more times and the "error" will clear.

#4218 6 years ago

Thanks! that worked.

#4219 6 years ago

Long holiday weekend coming up. It sure seems like the right time to release the long anticipated Batmen 66 code update. Positive thinking starting now.

#4220 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Long holiday weekend coming up. It sure seems like the right time to release the long anticipated Batmen 66 code update. Positive thinking starting now.

We can hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

#4221 6 years ago

oh look they're updating the code now....

download_20170829_075718 (resized).pngdownload_20170829_075718 (resized).png

#4222 6 years ago

Now all we need is a Delorean at 88 MPH to go back 50 years to get it ...

#4223 6 years ago

I'm gonna try some reverse psychology here

Lyman, DO NOT release code for Labor weekend

I don't care and don't want to be bothered with it

#4224 6 years ago

Hey Ice! Did u make it thru Harvey in one piece?

#4225 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna try some reverse psychology here
Lyman, DO NOT release code for Labor weekend
I don't care and don't want to be bothered with it

There is no Labor weekend in Germany coming up, so I don't care at all about an update

#4226 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Now all we need is a Delorean at 88 MPH to go back 50 years to get it ...

So wrong. We need to go 88 MPH to go ahead 3 years to get it. Haha

#4227 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hey Ice! Did u make it thru Harvey in one piece?

My house in Port Aransas survived Harvey in great shape! Much of the town was destroyed, like our neighbor Rockport. Can't believe the destruction when you see it first hand.

Wasn't really worried about my house though, its just stuff, the local people that are suffering that have lost their homes, jobs and businesses is horrendous.

Not to mention the horrible suffering going on in Houston.

We all come together and help each other though. I'm heading down this weekend again to see what i can do. The redneck army is a powerful force!

#4228 6 years ago

Good luck to all you folks in Texas and Houston / shocking scenes.

#4229 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The redneck army is a powerful force!

Indeed, when Y'all are done down there, we have a little issue in North Korea I would like some of you to tackle.......lol

Seriously, glad you and yours are OK, and prayers for everyone in that area. This will be a long healing process for the country..........

#4230 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

oh look they're updating the code now....

Awesome! I hope they're installing a mute button function on the insidious bat phone for starters! Honestly though, I'd be happy to see anything right now!

#4231 6 years ago

First, I'm glad Iceman made it through the storm alright. Hurricanes are serious business and everyone should consider what part we can do to help those impacted.

As for Batman 66, I'm beginning to lose hope. Like most of us, I've been a big supporter of this title, but approaching 100 days since an update is all kinds of frustrating with the game still so bare. Something from Lyman, ANYTHING, at this point would be a shot in the arm.

#4232 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

First, I'm glad Iceman made it through the storm alright. Hurricanes are serious business and everyone should consider what part we can do to help those impacted.
As for Batman 66, I'm beginning to lose hope. Like most of us, I've been a big supporter of this title, but approaching 100 days since an update is all kinds of frustrating with the game still so bare. Something from Lyman, ANYTHING, at this point would be a shot in the arm.

Amen. I cannot believe the lack of communication on this.

#4233 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Bat.......patience..........wearing.........thin........must........hold........on..........just.....a........little.......longer!

adam_west_batman (resized).jpegadam_west_batman (resized).jpeg

#4234 6 years ago

docquest you are awesome man thank you!

Will look great on my LE apron with my Adam West card

IMG_4995 (resized).JPGIMG_4995 (resized).JPG

#4235 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Amen. I cannot believe the lack of communication on this.

i cant see how stern can sellout another sle the way they are treating this title.
its very bad business and the optics are just terrible.

#4236 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i cant see how stern can sellout another sle the way they are treating this title.
its very bad business and the optics are just terrible.

Let's hope they do a 180 and fix the communication and other issues. I think this is a critical time in the industry and six to eight titles per year from all options is going to force one or multiple companies to go under.

STERN has a new building which raises overhead. They have more and more growing tired of their current practices. My hope is that they take a little less profit and give us feature packed games, finish code, and start communicating.

After all, sales keep people working and a little less profit on a lot of sales may result in more net profit overall.

My opinion is that right now is the time to change. If it remains business as usual, the doors will close within a few years. If they do a 180, someone else will close.

It's simple really, the market was growing, but that brought on new companies with lots of options. The money will go to someone, but its not all going to Stern anymore.

#4237 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Let's hope they do a 180 and fix the communication and other issues.

Lack of communication is certainly frustrating. We know they are working on it but would it kill them to throw us a bone once in a while with a tease on what is coming or a least a vague time frame of when?

I had to have my $2K deposit in exactly a year ago this week to hold my LE spot. Back then if someone told me me the game would still be at 0.75 level code in a year I would have said you're crazy. This is Sterns flagship game celebrating 30 years in the business as well as 50 years of Batman66. It was their first foray into SLE territory for the ultra collectors, no way they would drop the ball on this one.

#4238 6 years ago

The Bat Computer is predicting today.....

#4239 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Sure hope you know something we don't!

#4240 6 years ago

I will go over there later today and ask.........

#4241 6 years ago

Labor day weekend

A month ago I said i'd be shocked if we didn't have an update by Labor Day

Well, I'm getting prepared to be shocked.

Not that it will do any good but i will call distro and Stern on tuesday to express to them the total disappointment of another non code drop milestone.

I'll ask them, "How do you expect to sell the next boutique, high priced effort from Kaminkow"?

As much as i'd want it i won't get it if i don't get some kind of update.

EDIT: Thx Manimal, see what you can find out, let them know the Batman army patience meter is gone

#4242 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I will go over there later today and ask.........

If that's possible that would be great.

Maybe try and sneak ago on any BM66 they might have setup

#4243 6 years ago

This may be off thread,but,I see gardens of the Galaxy-2 is out,and the rumor has it this might be the next new title!Right time of year!!

#4244 6 years ago

Thats Gardians! Sorry!

#4245 6 years ago

2 people know - Lyman and George Gomez (well maybe one or two other programmers too since they help) and neither of them post or tell. It's really time for Stern to better their non-communicative practice. Its entirely acceptable to be secretive of what new game you're working on, but its entirely unacceptable to keep people in the dark waiting for code updates of a released game that just happen to show up someday.

Quoted from thundergod76:

Sure hope you know something we don't!

#4246 6 years ago

Isn't there always a beta test period? So wouldn't it be "known" that a code drop is coming if its been put into beta. Seems like Stern could at least communicate that.

This idea that we're waiting around every Thursday wondering if today's the day is ridiculous and they could manage that so much better.

#4247 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll ask them, "How do you expect to sell the next boutique, high priced effort from Kaminkow"?

I'll ask them, "How do you expect to sell the next pinball machine"?

#4248 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I hope the Joker hasn't messed with the Bat Computer and this is correct!

#4249 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thats Gardians! Sorry!

Should be Guardians

#4250 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I'll ask them, "How do you expect to sell the next pinball machine"?

All you gotto do is look at SW, ghosting is normal, bare playfield, lamest LE to date, splitting caps, chipping clearcoats, abandonment of code, pathetical handling of their first SLE and Stern seem to be selling plenty of SW.

There are people in the SW owners thread saying the LE isn't worth the extra cash and have even taken out the LE translite and replaced it with the Premium one, for everyone 1 person that cancelled a SWLE there was 2/3 others taking their place including people not happy with their purchase yet still going ahead with it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/85?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.