IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 374.
#3901 6 years ago

Christopher Franchi said he hopes his next game might debut at Expo. My gut (with no inside info) is that this could be the Elvira game, which would be another boutique release.

The only way another boutique run will sell is if the Batman code is seen as mostly complete by then. The pool of buyers for these games is pretty small.

#3902 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Christopher Franchi said he hopes his next game might debut at Expo. My gut (with no inside info) is that this could be the Elvira game, which would be another boutique release.
The only way another boutique run will sell is if the Batman code is seen as mostly complete by then. The pool of buyers for these games is pretty small.

They could release Elvira at Whitewood and it will sell like crazy....even better than BM66 by far. People do not learn, and they will all jump in just the same. For those that won't, there are 10 that will...............

#3903 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Exactly! You gotta figure that Stern realizes this, even if they often seem oblivious of their customers. Sure, there would be some automatic Elvira buyers no matter what, but I imagine that there are close to 300 of us previous boutique pre-order LE buyers who would stay on the sidelines out of principle if BM66 game code isn't popping by then.

Not to mention that it will queue up the Pinside Stern hating orchestra to gnash teeth, render garmets, and weep loudly. They'll complain no matter what, particularly about the price, but if the BM66 game isn't considered fairly close to complete, it'll give them even more ammunition. The noise would be deafening!

#3904 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

And if the truth be known, your constant "calling of the truth" as you put it, is likely the biggest reason we don't have any incremental code drops. We all know Stern pays attention to what is posted...they may not comment, but don't kid yourself into thinking they don't follow these threads.

Yeah, sure. Don't blame Gomez and Stern for shipping a woefully unfinished game and repeatedly making commitments they didn't keep and literally lying to the owners with things like "Lyman is on Batman full time" long after it was clear he was splitting his time with other projects. Blame the customers. Somehow twist it into Gomez was butt-hurt because *I* was calling him out on his BS. Yeah, that's good. And that doesn't hold water because I didn't really start complaining until many, MANY "Gomez Drops" had been missed. So what's the excuse for those missed commitments? Regardless of what that is, we're over 8 months since the game was released and nowhere near a shippable 1.00 version with even MOST of the stuff coded, not all. That has never happened in Modern Stern history, but it's my fault.

Give me a break.

#3905 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Franchi better not be doing the art for Elvira 3. That game needs to be all Dennis, Greg and Cassandra.

Not sure Elvira will actually be a boutique (or boo-tique) release, but I certainly agree that the success of boutique game that ships without complete code is heavily dependent on what happens with the Batman code. I'm certainly in that boat - Stern can only lose me as an Elvira 3 purchaser. Unless they screw it up (which includes not finishing Batman code as Lyman envisions it and making Batman a true showcase release), I'm in.

#3906 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, sure. Don't blame Gomez and Stern for shipping a woefully unfinished game and repeatedly making commitments they didn't keep and literally lying to the owners with things like "Lyman is on Batman full time" long after it was clear he was splitting his time with other projects. Blame the customers. Somehow twist it into Gomez was butt-hurt because *I* was calling him out on his BS. Yeah, that's good. And that doesn't hold water because I didn't really start complaining until many, MANY "Gomez Drops" had been missed. So what's the excuse for those missed commitments? Regardless of what that is, we're over 8 months since the game was released and nowhere near a shippable 1.00 version with even MOST of the stuff coded, not all. That has never happened in Modern Stern history, but it's my fault.
Give me a break.

You just don't get it. It's not your fault that Stern shipped an unfinished game, but it is your fault you didn't understand that. There were not repeated commitments that were missed, except those in your mind. Your claims of Stern lying to customers is simply BS - the "other project" is Spike 2, which is integral to the success of Batman. Lyman has been involved in discussions on Elvira, but he is (and has been) working on Batman and Spike 2. Period. (This is also another reason I don't expect to see the Franchi/Expo announcement to be Elvira 3).

Stop whining, man up and admit that the only reason for your childish crusade is that you screwed up by making an uninformed decision.

#3907 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Give me a break.

I don't blame them a bit for selling an unfinished game......they can't sell a thing without a buyer, and we all bit! If anyone is to blame, it is all of us here.....we showed them we would pay a premium for a broken promise, and say "thank you" in the process. They will do it again, because they learned they can. Life is too short for all of this man....enjoy some summer sun and good things will come in due time. There are millions of folks that would trade all of us places, any day of the week......even with a BM66 doorstop.

#3908 6 years ago

I have my finger hovering over the purchase button for this game... waiting.

#3909 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I don't blame them a bit for selling an unfinished game......they can't sell a thing without a buyer, and we all bit! If anyone is to blame, it is all of us here....

Can't agree with this. Stern did something unprecedented with Batman - they released a game to meet an artificial calendar deadline with (apparently) no other reason after it was clear to they weren't going to meet the original schedule (perhaps because they underestimated what was going to be required for Spike 2 or to exploit the LCD screen?).

Yes, there were buyers who bit but most because (a) they really wanted an LE or SLE (which, unlike most Stern LEs, were actually limited) and (b) were willing to gamble that Lyman would eventually do the game code justice or (c) didn't want to forfeit deposits.

The only benefit to releasing Batman before the game was finished was to allow Adam West to see the game before he died (though Stern certainly couldn't have know that). Any other reason Stern used to justify the early release decision shows that they take their customer base for granted.

The decision to release a Batman early was short-sighted (and IMO, stupid). The Gomez "two weeks comment" was an ill-advised attempt at damage control, but what they have done since with Batman is reasonable and we should not pass further judgement until Stern considers the game complete.

I'm confident Stern (and distributors) understand how this has impacted Batman 66 Premium sales (and potentially sales of future titles with early code). If they don't change because of that, shame on them. If we give them a pass on another title (waves to SW buyers), shame on us.

#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can't agree with this. Stern did something unprecedented with Batman - they released a game to meet an artificial calendar deadline with (apparently) no other reason after it was clear to them they weren't going to meet their original schedule.
Yes, there were buyers who bit but most because (a) they really wanted an LE or SLE (which, unlike most Stern LEs, were actually limited) and (b) were willing to gamble that Lyman would eventually do the game code justice or (c) didn't want to forfeit deposits.
The only benefit to releasing Batman before the game was finished was to allow Adam West to see the game before he died (though Stern certainly couldn't have know that). Any other reason Stern used to justify the early release decision shows that they take their customer base for granted.
The decision to release a Batman early was short-sighted (and IMO, stupid). The Gomez "two weeks comment" was an ill-advised attempt at damage control, but what they have done since with Batman is reasonable and we should not pass judgement until Stern considers the game complete.
I'm confident Stern (and distributors) understand how this has impacted Batman 66 Premium sales (and potentially sales of future titles with early code). If they don't change because of that, shame on them. If we give them a pass on another title (waves to SW buyers), shame on us.

If you really think they care a whole lot about the sales of this boutique game, then you are going to be disappointed. They have a bunch of other games they can put in it's place, and they have a pretty good backlog of orders at the moment, so I don't think they are losing any sleep over BM66 sales.

But aside from that, I never said it was a good business decision, or that it wasn't a just a cash grab. We all know that is was nothing more than stern throwing a bright and shiny object out there and watching everyone fight for it. You know they were laughing their asses off at the way people were acting, they had to be. People were sending in videos for Christ's sake, trying to show how they were a worthy soul to be able to pay $15K for a game that barely worked. They played us all like chumps, and as I said, we all bit. When I say I don't blame them....I really don't. In a free market, I can put anything I want up for sale, so long as it is legal. Market determines whether I made a good decision or not. Most of us (you included) have admitted we bought the games knowing full well there was no meaningful code. You can argue that we were promised code sometime soon, etc, etc....but just because someone promises you something, does not necessarily mean it will happen. There is a risk involved in any transaction. So we all bought this box of lights with a lazy susan on the playfield, and took the chance Stern would deliver us some good code. Had we been lied to about the status of the code, it would be a different story, and I would place the blame on them....but they told us from the start they had almost no code completed. Now I know for a fact the code is coming, and despite what some would like you to believe, I know for a fact that Lyman is hard at work on this and it is his #1 priority right now. Do I think he is chained to his desk....probably not. So the big complaint here is that the code has not come fast enough...that is all. We are not complaining about the build quality, we are not complaining about electrical shorts, .....we are talking about the frequency of code drops. Again, we are all adults...lots of things could have happened here, and we took the risk. Stern could go out of business before the code was finished, Lyman could leave the company, Gomez might decide he doesn't like anyone from California, etc.....my point is that any number of things could have happened and we would be sitting with a box that had no code and never would. WE TOOK THE RISK........so I do not blame anyone at Stern......I BLAME US. Why do you think Stern keeps raising the game prices at every release? Because people are lining up to shell out the cash.......again I BLAME US. If we stop paying, then they will lower the price. Yes, they played us like fiddles.....I will freely admit that. But they never held a gun to our heads..........

#3911 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Christopher Franchi said he hopes his next game might debut at Expo. My gut (with no inside info) is that this could be the Elvira game, which would be another boutique release

I don't think so.

Elvira will be Nordman/Freres.

I'm pretty sure that Franchi said he was working on a Kapow game, so look at some of the Kaminkow slots to see a possible licence tie-in.

Some talk about Munsters? But I would have no idea.

rd

#3912 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If you really think they care a whole lot about the sales of this boutique game, then you are going to be disappointed. They have a bunch of other games they can put in it's place, and they have a pretty good backlog of orders at the moment, so I don't think they are losing any sleep over BM66 sales.
But aside from that, I never said it was a good business decision, or that it wasn't a just a cash grab. We all know that is was nothing more than stern throwing a bright and shiny object out there and watching everyone fight for it. You know they were laughing their asses off at the way people were acting, they had to be. People were sending in videos for Christ's sake, trying to show how they were a worthy soul to be able to pay $15K for a game that barely worked. They played us all like chumps, and as I said, we all bit. When I say I don't blame them....I really don't. In a free market, I can put anything I want up for sale, so long as it is legal. Market determines whether I made a good decision or not. Most of us (you included) have admitted we bought the games knowing full well there was no meaningful code. You can argue that we were promised code sometime soon, etc, etc....but just because someone promises you something, does not necessarily mean it will happen. There is a risk involved in any transaction. So we all bought this box of lights with a lazy susan on the playfield, and took the chance Stern would deliver us some good code. Had we been lied to about the status of the code, it would be a different story, and I would place the blame on them....but they told us from the start they had almost no code completed. Now I know for a fact the code is coming, and despite what some would like you to believe, I know for a fact that Lyman is hard at work on this and it is his #1 priority right now. Do I think he is chained to his desk....probably not. So the big complaint here is that the code has not come fast enough...that is all. We are not complaining about the build quality, we are not complaining about electrical shorts, .....we are talking about the frequency of code drops. Again, we are all adults...lots of things could have happened here, and we took the risk. Stern could go out of business before the code was finished, Lyman could leave the company, Gomez might decide he doesn't like anyone from California, etc.....my point is that any number of things could have happened and we would be sitting with a box that had no code and never would. WE TOOK THE RISK........so I do not blame anyone at Stern......I BLAME US. Why do you think Stern keeps raising the game prices at every release? Because people are lining up to shell out the cash.......again I BLAME US. If we stop paying, then they will lower the price. Yes, they played us like fiddles.....I will freely admit that. But they never held a gun to our heads..........

I think for the most part we are in violent agreement.

And, no, I don't really care about the potential lost sales of BM66 (other than the extent to whoch sales levels will impact code or game support). If Stern is so cocky that maximizing sales of any given title isn't important to them, there is nothing any of us can do about it. If Stern considers me a sucker for buying BM66 (and that turns out to be right), it's the last Stern game I'll ever buy.

#3913 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think for the most part we are in violent agreement.
And, no, I don't really care about the potential lost sales of BM66 (other than the extent to whoch sales levels will impact code or game support). If Stern is so cocky that maximizing sales of any given title isn't important to them, there is nothing any of us can do about it. If Stern considers me a sucker for buying BM66 (and that turns out to be right), it's the last Stern game I'll ever buy.

HAHA...I love that term "Violent Agreement". I don't know if they really consider us "suckers", but I do think they pushed the envelope with a "let them eat cake" attitude. They don't lose any sleep if jfh or Manimal don't have code.......lol

#3914 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I don't know if they really consider us "suckers", but I do think they pushed the envelope with a "let them eat cake" attitude. They don't lose any sleep if jfh or Manimal don't have code.......lol

I don't know about that. I think in the end this was a miscalculated gamble to get the game out for the 30th anniversary. They could be doing the best they can. It all depends on whether the final game is delivers on its potential. Then we can decide their attitude.

Hell, considering Adam West died recently, and I'm sure call outs are recorded late in the process, who knows if he would have ended up being in the game at all otherwise if the game didn't come out last year.

#3915 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't know about that. I think in the end this was a miscalculated gamble to get the game out for the 30th anniversary. They could be doing the best they can. It all depends on whether the final game is delivers on its potential. Then we can decide their attitude.
Hell, considering Adam West died recently, and I'm sure call outs are recorded late in the process, who knows if he would have ended up being in the game at all otherwise if the game didn't come out last year.

Completely agree with this take....the final code will dictate its true legs, but with the anniversary deadline, true boutique nature w low LE/ SLE #'s, AND Adam West passing, the game will be infamous, one way or the other imho

#3916 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Rumor has it that there was a code drop planned for a few weeks ago that was scrapped because, although it was a significant update, Stern was still going to get crap for releasing what was clearly going to be another interim release. Rather than spend resources on testing, Stern decided to have Lyman continue on the code, scrapping the planned drop.
As I wrote some time back the whiners have put Stern in a no win situation. IMO scrapping interim releases until we are very close to a release version is the smart move. But this means we have to wait longer between updates.
I expect 3 more significant releases (two by the end of the year)
1) 1.0 release code
2) polish release adding A/V assets/callouts
3) bug fix for 1 & 2
And hopefully some extra stuff after that if Lyman isn't happy with those 3.

the whiners who paid 9500,10500 and 15500?
for no apparant reason, stern customers are such whiners!

#3917 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm pretty sure that Franchi said he was working on a Kapow game, so look at some of the Kaminkow slots to see a possible licence tie-in.

The two biggest licences I can find on google are Willy Wonka and the one that would probably be hardest for most to pass up, especially if it could sit side by side with Batman 66 is Superman 78!

Edit: Looks like they have done a Man of Steel slot too.

#3919 6 years ago

I would love a Superman & Superman II Donner Cut would be great.

#3920 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If they hadn't gone to the "15k Super LE" model and asked people to send videos begging to be able to buy one, I would agree with you. It wasn't a gamble for them because they knew people would line up.......and line up we did.

I have said all along the code will do this game justice, and don't get me wrong......I am not complaining. The game is already a keeper in my books. But you have to admit looking back, there were a lot of silly things going on. I am betting most of the 15k buyers would sell today if they could get their money back.

#3921 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I would love a Superman & Superman II Donner Cut would be great.

From a marketing point of view and a damage control point of view, there is not many licences as beloved as SM78, its certainly got enough nostalgia to make people forget about all the issues Stern have created themselves with BM66. Certainly makes the most sense following on from BM66, not only the two biggest DC licences, but possibly the most beloved versions of each character, plus 40th anniversary.

#3922 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The two biggest licences I can find on google are Willy Wonka and the one that would probably be hardest for most to pass up, especially if it could sit side by side with Batman 66 is Superman 78!
Edit: Looks like they have done a Man of Steel slot too.

You'd think Superman would be a "cornerstone" game though. Strong licence.

I see the Kapow games as being a bit more quirky and niche. Maybe Superman 78 (as opposed to modern DC Superman) would fit ... Willy Wonka for sure.

rd

#3923 6 years ago

Franchi has also done some SM78 artwork maybe this is going to be the reveal at Expo? Although I had heard Beatles was the next Ka-Pow?

So maybe your right RD and Supes would be a cornerstone, although like you kind of said i would expect Cornerstrone release to be more modern and mainstream but we had an original GB release so who knows.

#3924 6 years ago

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this.....I said AFMRLE and AlienLE( if I ever get it) would be my last NIB's....SM 78 would be tempting as hell......

#3925 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Franchi has also done some SM78 artwork maybe this is going to be the reveal at Expo? Although I had heard Beatles was the next Ka-Pow?
So maybe your right RD and Supes would be a cornerstone, although like you kind of said i would expect Cornerstrone release to be more modern and mainstream but we had an original GB release so who knows.

"Cornerstone" would be defined by games they know they can sell a huge number of, in the three versions. And keep making them for some time. The sort of game you'd expect to see at your local movie theatre.

DC Superman would be right up there with Ironman, GOTG, GOT, TWD as a strong licence.

Stern is clever enough to target the 40-60 year old cashed up buyer with KISS, AC/DC, Aerosmith as well. I bet they were surprised at how many Metallicas they sold. I remember when that was launched, 90% of people were WAYYY down on that theme. But the machine was awesome and people bought it, even if they didn't like the band.

BM66 was an experiment, I think ... to create a more niche product at a higher cost, aimed at more cashed up buyers. they sell less units, but make WAYYYY more profit per unit.

Hypothetical numbers: (based on some knowledge ...)

SW Pro - wholesale $4500, profit $500

BM66 Premium - wholesale $6600, profit is probably $2000 ish.

You can make the same profit on 1x BM66 wholesale sale as on 4x SW pro wholesale sales.

That's the dream scenario for any business ... make less products, but earn way more money.

rd

#3926 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don't think so.
Elvira will be Nordman/Freres.
Some talk about Munsters? But I would have no idea.
rd

Munsters is starting to make sense.

IMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPG

#3927 6 years ago

Superman 78 would be a no brainer for me.

Borg + Franchi + Lyman + John Williams score = ca-ching

#3928 6 years ago

Seriously doubt it's a super hero pin

If it is, I'm out

#3929 6 years ago

I doubt it is Munsters, but I would do it in a heartbeat. I heard Wonder Woman at one point. But I can't see them doing that along side Elvira.

#3930 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I doubt it is Munsters, but I would do it in a heartbeat. I heard Wonder Woman at one point. But I can't see them doing that along side Elvira.

I think the success of the Wonder Woman movie surprised everyone. It's on everyone's radar screen now and would be a good pin theme after the sequel is released in a few years. That should put some space between it and Elvira.

#3931 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am betting most of the 15k buyers would sell today if they could get their money back.

I know you said most not all but I know of 4 people, including myself, that would not let their SLE's go.
I'm sure there were SLE buyers expecting to make money on a flip but my friends and I are all in for the long haul, we love Batman. Is the sum of the different parts in the SLE worth $5k more than the LE, of course not. Is the SLE worth it to ME? Absolutely.
I loved Batman as a kid in the 70's, I love Batman now.
I was lucky enough to meet one of my childhood heroes at Expo, shake his hand, tell him how much I enjoyed his work, and get a picture with him. I will never forget that.
I made some great new friends standing in line to meet Adam in Chicago last year. We stayed in touch, had a great time at TPF, and are now planning to get together at Expo this year, how do you put a price on that?
As far as code goes, I have zero concern it will get done. I highly recommend talking to George and or Lyman at a show sometime if you (the collective you) get a chance. They are unbelievably cool guys and Batman fans to the core. They love pinball just as much as we do, probably even more than some of us.
When was the last time Lyman signed a playfied? I'm confident he will put everything he has into this game to make it great.
I know it has been a long time but code will happen and BM66 will go down as one of the best in history.

#3932 6 years ago

Finally got around to getting my Batman66 back in the basement and setup after bringing it to the Saratoga Springs Pinball show this weekend. Batman played flawlessly and was enjoyed by many. It was a great show and I would highly recommend it to anyone who will be in that area next year. I even bought something in the flea market that might be a very cool mod if it fits.

Now that my game is set up again I played around a bit more with my Bat-Labels for the front cab and coin door area. I think this what looks the best while not being too cluttered: Two printed plastic labels for "Bat Plunger" and "Bat Start Button", Batman and Robin costume insignia's in the coin entry slots, a magnet backed "Bat Coin Door" label, and a magnet backed picture of the Dynamic Duo. I tried to match the font size and white border of the labels to match the Stern "Bat Gadget Selector" sticker on the lock down bar.

I'm going to print up a batch of theses so any fellow citizens of Gotham with a Batman66 who would like a FREE set of these just PM me. A little something to get your minds off of waiting for the next code drop.

rps20170815_230442 (resized).jpgrps20170815_230442 (resized).jpg

#3933 6 years ago

I have space for just 3 more Pins, the past friday I decided to cancel my SW L.E.(a week after my Brother cancelled his SW L.E.) and a week ago I ordered a Attack From Mars L.E. so the empty spot that was for my SW....it is just perfect for a Superman '78.

IMG_0845 (resized).JPGIMG_0845 (resized).JPG

IMG_0847 (resized).JPGIMG_0847 (resized).JPG

IMG_0849 (resized).JPGIMG_0849 (resized).JPG

#3934 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously doubt it's a super hero pin
If it is, I'm out

They asked people a while back -

I am guessing Beatles - Yellow Submarine.

They have 8 themes to choose from:
Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

#3935 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I know you said most not all but I know of 4 people, including myself, that would not let their SLE's go.
I'm sure there were SLE buyers expecting to make money on a flip but my friends and I are all in for the long haul, we love Batman. Is the sum of the different parts in the SLE worth $5k more than the LE, of course not. Is the SLE worth it to ME? Absolutely.
I loved Batman as a kid in the 70's, I love Batman now.
I was lucky enough to meet one of my childhood heroes at Expo, shake his hand, tell him how much I enjoyed his work, and get a picture with him. I will never forget that.
I made some great new friends standing in line to meet Adam in Chicago last year. We stayed in touch, had a great time at TPF, and are now planning to get together at Expo this year, how do you put a price on that?
As far as code goes, I have zero concern it will get done. I highly recommend talking to George and or Lyman at a show sometime if you (the collective you) get a chance. They are unbelievably cool guys and Batman fans to the core. They love pinball just as much as we do, probably even more than some of us.
When was the last time Lyman signed a playfied? I'm confident he will put everything he has into this game to make it great.
I know it has been a long time but code will happen and BM66 will go down as one of the best in history.

And I am adult enough to admit I could be wrong. It's very possibly a dream theme for more folks than I figured, and probably expains why there aren't any SLE's or LE's for sale to speak of. I weighed the 9K+ price tag pretty heavily, and I am sure those of you at 15K did too.

I have zero concern on the code as well, and I know it will get there. As to meeting Adam...he was a great guy, and I enjoyed meeting him as well. I don't know if I would call him a childhood hero, but I sure enjoyed his show, and still do to this day! It may sound a bit harsh, but I don't put that much stock in meeting actors or getting pictures or autographs. If I had got to know Adam as a real person, and we hung out as buds, then that would be special. But just because I stood in line to get a picture and a signature from a guy that didn't know me 10 seconds after I left is not that big of a deal to me...it's just another day for both of us. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I met him, and I am sure he was one heck of a guy...I just never really knew him as a person. I just knew a character he played....one that someone else conceived and wrote lines for.

I always loved the character of Marshall Matt Dillion played by James Arness on the Gunsmoke western series from the same era. Many years ago I had a chance to meet Mr. Arness, and in the early days of e-mail, we developed into quite the pen-pals. We E-mailed back and forth for some time before he became sick and ultimately passed away. I got to know the man behind the character, and he was a wonderful person. I cherish that friendship and the thoughts we shared, and during that time I never asked him for an autograph or picture. He was just another friend.....now a Gunsmoke pinball....THAT would be a killer pin in my opinion, but I don't think the younger generation would get it these days! lol

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

DC Superman would be right up there with Ironman, GOTG, GOT, TWD as a strong licence.

I could see the new superman - man of steel or justice league be a cornerstone that would do wel on route, but there is just something about SM78 that if it happened I could see Stern maximising profits with another Kapow boutique run, especially since Joe has the licence and was the reason Stern got the BM66 deal.

If I was Stern it's the play I would make the licence has the nostalgic power to make it more successful than BM66.

#3937 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

It may sound a bit harsh, but I don't put that much stock in meeting actors or getting pictures or autographs. If I had got to know Adam as a real person, and we hung out as buds, then that would be special. But just because I stood in line to get a picture and a signature from a guy that didn't know me 10 seconds after I left is not that big of a deal to me...it's just another day for both of us. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I met him, and I am sure he was one heck of a guy...I just never really knew him as a person. I just knew a character he played....one that someone else conceived and wrote lines for.

Agree with this, I guarantee Adam couldn't have picked me out of a lineup 10 minutes after I met him.

I should have been more clear. The fact that I was able to tell him how much I enjoyed his work made me feel good. I don't really care about autographs or pictures with celebrities much (though they are fun to hang on the wall in the game room as conversation starters) but I like telling someone how much I appreciate their hard work.
The relationships I formed because of the whole "Meet Adam West" promotion are priceless. Would I have met those people anyway? Who knows, I'm just glad I did.
Here's to Lyman making the code worthy of a Bat-Legacy.

#3938 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They asked people a while back -
I am guessing Beatles - Yellow Submarine.
They have 8 themes to choose from:
Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

Yep, I gave feedback on that request

After Franchi interview I agree and said then too, good chance it's Beatles yellow sub

Willy Wonka one of most successful slots ever

#3939 6 years ago

i agree with this. I bet the next Stern/KaPow release is Superman the movie. Kapow already has the Wonder Wheel slot machine with Superman the movie assets, just like they have Batmann 66 slot machine. Hmmm?

Quoted from J85M:

I could see the new superman - man of steel or justice league be a cornerstone that would do wel on route, but there is just something about SM78 that if it happened I could see Stern maximising profits with another Kapow boutique run, especially since Joe has the licence and was the reason Stern got the BM66 deal.
If I was Stern it's the play I would make the licence has the nostalgic power to make it more successful than BM66.

#3940 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

If they hadn't gone to the "15k Super LE" model and asked people to send videos begging to be able to buy one, I would agree with you. It wasn't a gamble for them because they knew people would line up.......and line up we did.
I have said all along the code will do this game justice, and don't get me wrong......I am not complaining. The game is already a keeper in my books. But you have to admit looking back, there were a lot of silly things going on. I am betting most of the 15k buyers would sell today if they could get their money back.

15,500.00 dollar bills, actually stack 5 ft 4 inches high!

#3941 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

i agree with this. I bet the next Stern/KaPow release is Superman the movie. Kapow already has the Wonder Wheel slot machine with Superman the movie assets, just like they have Batmann 66 slot machine. Hmmm?

Kapow have done a stand alone Superman 78 slot (its in the link I posted above), maybe it's a coincidence but it looks exactly the same as the Batman 66 slot almost a re-theme of sorts.

If Stern have any marketing sense (big IF) SM78 would the perfect follow up Kapow pin to BM66, it's the most beloved incarnation of the worlds most beloved superhero, plus the pin community has been asking for a new superman pin forever.

Beatles is a very good second choice though but it doesn't have the same pull imo as having BM66 & SM78 sat next to each other.

#3942 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Kapow have done a stand alone Superman 78 slot (its in the link I posted above), maybe it's a coincidence but it looks exactly the same as the Batman 66 slot almost a re-theme of sorts.
If Stern have any marketing sense (big IF) SM78 would the perfect follow up Kapow pin to BM66, it's the most belowed incarnation of the worlds most beloved superhero, plus the pin community has been asking for a new superman pin forever.
Beatles is a very good second choice though but it doesn't have the same pull imo as having BM66 & SM78 sat next to each other.

Dammit!!! you are quite correct...superheros all day over music themed for me.....this could spell trouble!!!

#3943 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern have any marketing sense (big IF) SM78 would the perfect follow up Kapow pin to BM66, it's the most belowed incarnation of the worlds most beloved superhero, plus the pin community has been asking for a new superman pin forever.

So what do we call a Super....Superman Limited Edition? lol Would we have to break into a vault to afford one? I could see the Stern Pricing slogan now.......Up Up and Away!

#3944 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

So what do we call a Super....Superman Limited Edition? lol Would we have to break into a vault to afford one? I could see the Stern Pricing slogan now.......Up Up and Away!

The price tag on a Superman SLE would be my kryptonite

#3945 6 years ago

I grew up with the Christopher Reeve Supermans and love them. If true this could be a tough machine to say no to.

#3946 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I could see the Stern Pricing slogan now.......Up Up and Away!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's another Stern price hike!

#3947 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern have any marketing sense

Funniest thing I've read on Pinside in a long time.

Stern has shown time and again that "marketing" is a foreign concept. We can only hope that Zach has a clue.

#3948 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's what they do with some slots, just re skin the machine with another theme and code

#3949 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I am surprised at some of these comments!!why does your pin just sit there till friends play it??

Or until you've had enough waiting and sell it to the first warm body that shows interest in it which was the case for me.

Initially I had no problem waiting for updates, but burned out on trying to get enthused playing it the way it was, so it just sat like some door stop.

Waiting forever for code sure takes the fun and excitement out of owning a brand new toy.

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

SM78 would the perfect follow up Kapow pin to BM66, it's the most beloved incarnation of the worlds most beloved superhero

Think so eh?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/79?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.