IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 374.
#3501 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I was sad to see that Stern's room at San Diego Comic-Con was filled only filled with Star Wars machines. Surely, Batman 66 would have resonated with this crowd. Alas, no dice...

Absolutely, especially given the tribute to Adam West.

But there doesn't seem to be anyone at Stern than understands (or cares about) marketing to (potential) home users, so it doesn't cone as a surprise at all.

#3502 6 years ago

Hi Macca101010 awesome coindoor sticker any chance of getting an extra for me ? will send you a message on AA

#3503 6 years ago

Thought it was about time I chimed in with my BM66 australian delivered beauty. Bat Gadget 13 the Bat Laser.

IMG_2308 (resized).JPGIMG_2308 (resized).JPG

And my card is the Bat gas mask

#3504 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I was sad to see that Stern's room at San Diego Comic-Con was filled only filled with Star Wars machines. Surely, Batman 66 would have resonated with this crowd. Alas, no dice...

Another perfect example of how out of touch Stern is with its (potential) customer base. Half of those machines should've been their most recent releases. Including some that may have sold poorly for whatever reason. Missed opportunity for sure. "Stay tuned"!

#3505 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What is a BM66 Premium selling for in the USA?
rd

~7,500 USD NIB far as I know.

#3506 6 years ago

That's gonna be fun to beat. Muahaha. Great job. So fun, every time you get the ball back... you're like ok is THAT high enough to cash out... nnaahhhh, to the commissioner again!

#3507 6 years ago

My first goal was to double the bat phone, then 3x it (which is how I got 200M plus). Next, I want to 4x it. That might get it to almost a billion on Bat phone alone.

Oddly enough, I actually bricked a shot and the bat cave targets locked in 3x at the turntable without answering the phone. This allowed me to jack up the bat phone a few more times before cashing in at 3x.

#3508 6 years ago
Quoted from Budgiecougar:

Thought it was about time I chimed in with my BM66 australian delivered beauty. Bat Gadget 13 the Bat Laser.

Nice game, welcome to the club! Lots of good advice about what parts of the game to check in the earlier parts of this thread.

#3509 6 years ago

"I feel bad for them anyways [Star Wars]"

Agreed. Rather hold out for potential greatness on BM plus Lyman than the most stripped down pf since 24. Code will likely stay as-is because it's Dwight. BM fun can only go up while SW has already peaked in less than a month, lol. Laser sfx, photoshop art, star wars label, ship it!

"...though if they do it's my last NIB Stern."

Never say never. Many men before you have tried and always fail. The house always wins. House being Gary

#3510 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

My first goal was to double the bat phone, then 3x it (which is how I got 200M plus). Next, I want to 4x it. That might get it to almost a billion on Bat phone alone.
Oddly enough, I actually bricked a shot and the bat cave targets locked in 3x at the turntable without answering the phone. This allowed me to jack up the bat phone a few more times before cashing in at 3x.

Bravo!!!! that is where my fun currently lies..(that and spinning the crap out of the Batmobile...love that mode!!!)

#3511 6 years ago

Anyone else had "TILT" frozen on the Villain Vision screen that doesn't clear? I had to go into the system menu and then out again to clear it.

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

~7,500 USD NIB far as I know.

7995.00 nib

#3513 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Woops! Granted Star Wars goes over big at nerd conventions, but they should definitely have had Batman. We do a classic arcade at Seattle's Emerald City Comicon and always try to have mostly comic book themed pins and vids there, that's what that audience wants.

#3514 6 years ago

Whoa. Thanks for correcting. Prices vary greatly depending on distributor. The higher the price, the larger the possible range.

FWIW, it looks like Pinburgh *wont*
Have a BM66 but should have a SW Pro, just interesting.

#3515 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Whoa. Thanks for correcting. Prices vary greatly depending on distributor. The higher the price, the larger the possible range.
FWIW, it looks like Pinburgh *wont*
Have a BM66 but should have a SW Pro, just interesting.

Thanks for posting that up guys.

$7999 retail less a deal if you can get one.

I was just interested how it compared to the usual Premium pricing in the USA.

rd

#3516 6 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

cause stern moves on the the next pin, the new money is all that matters to them right now. bm 66 on the backburner, status quo.

#3517 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks for posting that up guys.
$7999 retail less a deal if you can get one.
I was just interested how it compared to the usual Premium pricing in the USA.
rd

Was 1K more than the regular Prem price in NZ

#3518 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone else had "TILT" frozen on the Villain Vision screen that doesn't clear? I had to go into the system menu and then out again to clear it.

TILT and WARNING won't clear from the VV on ball 3 drain for me until I start a new game.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

TILT and WARNING won't clear from the VV on ball 3 drain for me until I start a new game.

Definitely a bug then. Thanks for the confirmation. The RGB arrows were locked, too. Same for you?

#3520 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...no new code and no new ramp yet...but PDI rocks on this machine ( glass on in these pics)!!!...really like the purple underglow, and shiney batmobile ( kind of liked the blue windshield, so left it), a good BM66LE night....

MK, where did you get your PDI glass? Do you really think it is worth it? I'm guessing yes! I finally got my LE today and I love that "new" pinball smell! I'm looking forward to doing some of the mods we talked about!

#3521 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

MK, where did you get your PDI glass? Do you really think it is worth it? I'm guessing yes! I finally got my LE today and I love that "new" pinball smell! I'm looking forward to doing some of the mods we talked about!

Joey at PDI ( Pinball Decals) is the only distributor in the US. For me, it's definitely worth it ( have it on all my machines)...truly brings out the playfield colors and gives a " glass off" look w transparency. Best version of this type of glass out there ( imho). There are several threads on here that debate this topic....you may want to read a couple before pulling the trigger. BM66LE particularly benefits, as it's got great colors on the pf.

Congrats on the new LE!!! Make sure to read the first few pages of this thread, tighten everything down accordingly, and drop in .75 code.....enjoy!!!

#3522 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Do you really think it is worth it? I'm guessing yes! I finally got my LE today and I love that "new" pinball smell! I'm looking forward to doing some of the mods we talked about!

I also have PDI glass on my Batman and would highly recommend it. You paid big bucks for Batman, what's a few hundred more?

A remarkable improvement over the standard Stern glass.

I have Invisiglass on most of my other pins and PDI is slightly better in my environment.

#3523 6 years ago

I wish Stern sold these blades.

20246093_1831235873558183_4277468724842115967_n (resized).jpg20246093_1831235873558183_4277468724842115967_n (resized).jpg

19260249_1831235920224845_3519278632443352318_n (resized).jpg19260249_1831235920224845_3519278632443352318_n (resized).jpg

#3524 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely a bug then. Thanks for the confirmation. The RGB arrows were locked, too. Same for you?

PinMonk I haven't noticed the RGB lock, but I'll tilt out tonight and see what happens.

Quoted from Bamatami:

In my home environment PDI glass brought out the vivid colors in the game. I also found that I was able to get the PDI glass quite clean easier than the standard glass. This, of course, also makes the playfield pop a little more. Of course, YMMV as everyone argues in every PDI/Invisi/Regular glass thread. I'm happy with mine.

#3525 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cool....dumb ( lazy) question which game setting to you have to load to enable attract mode music? Think it was mentioned earlier I think....but a quick point would be appreciated...thanks

What is the "best" setting in everyone's opinion for the attract mode music?

#3526 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

What is the "best" setting in everyone's opinion for the attract mode music?

You can adjust it to play in 1 minute intervals. Music only plays for about 30 sec each time. Or set it to play once every 2 min or 3 min etc. Its really just personal preference.

#3527 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You can adjust it to play in 1 minute intervals. Music only plays for about 30 sec each time. Or set it to play once every 2 min or 3 min etc. Its really just personal preference.

yep...think mine is around 6 or 7 right now....some interesting (sometimes amusing) vocal tracks....

#3528 6 years ago

Can anyone with a Batsignal topper addition tell me if there is an option to disable it when hooked up? I haven't been able to find it.

I'd like to disable mine in software until I can relocate the game to be able to properly project it on the wall or ceiling.

#3529 6 years ago

Its easy to remove!!

#3530 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Its easy to remove!!

For me, not without help.

I'm short and need a step stool, which I can no longer safely use, to do so.

#3531 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For me, not without help.
I'm short and need a step stool, which I can no longer safely use, to do so.

Can you not just unplug it?

#3532 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you not just unplug it?

Not easily, the plug is under the base. I did tinker with the idea of installing a switch on the base....it would be very easy to do. The thing is on all of the time in attract mode, and I am not sure I like that.

#3533 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not easily, the plug is under the base. I did tinker with the idea of installing a switch on the base....it would be very easy to do. The thing is on all of the time in attract mode, and I am not sure I like that.

I've thought the same thing....despite some QC issues, it's a very cool toy, and dread sourcing that bulb. The entire assembly is much more thought out than a $5 mod.

#3534 6 years ago

Has anyone made a metal plate for the action button instead of the sticker?

#3535 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Has anyone made a metal plate for the action button instead of the sticker?

I asked Cliffy about this but never got a response. Would have to be re-designed or slightly bent to sit flush. And do you just glue it on or rivet it? Would be a great upgrade though.

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I asked Cliffy about this but never got a response. Would have to be re-designed or slightly bent to sit flush. And do you just glue it on or rivet it? Would be a great upgrade though.

Or better yet...powdercoat the design red sparkle that will match a future left ramp..and make the " Bat Gadget Selector" sticker out of very thin, engraving stock that would just stick on....

#3537 6 years ago

The Original 1966 Batmobile Sells @ Auction For 4.2 MILLION DOLLARS !!

http://classicuscar.com/?p=3090

#3538 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can anyone with a Batsignal topper addition tell me if there is an option to disable it when hooked up? I haven't been able to find it.
I'd like to disable mine in software until I can relocate the game to be able to properly project it on the wall or ceiling.

Unfortunately there is nothing written into the code (yet) regarding the Batsignal. It would be nice to have some options to change its behavior.

#3540 6 years ago

Unfortunately there is nothing written into the code (yet) regarding the Batsignal. It would be nice to have some options to change its behavior.

What other behaviors would you like to see?

1). Disable
2). Cycle every x minutes during attract mode
3) Sync with playfield Batsignal
4) ??

#3541 6 years ago

I was very pleased playing BM66 tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I had older friends over who had never seen the game and they asked me to give them a game play tour, so I set it on 5 balls and showed them pretty much the whole game. That's the only bad news, that I was pretty much able to show them the whole game as it stands now, though it took some luck and an extra ball to do so. The good news is that playing it and explaining the game play to them, reaffirmed to me just how solid is the current BM66 game play......if it just had some more angles of attack and depth.

If Lyman could add some TWD-like action it really will become a powerful game. I played TWD just before so I was thinking if there could be a Bloodbath-type two ball mode sneaked in at some point such as after the second or third villain or after a combination of certain villains, it would add a lot. Of course, we'll have to see how seasons, minor villains, and Gadgets are finally implemented to see if that would add anything. TWD also has what I consider a lot of mini wizard-kinda modes of alternative paths strategy available to you depending upon how you play the game: Siege, Terminus, Horde, and Last Man Standing, for instance. If some of that magic and alternative paths could be added to BM66 it would be a hell of a game. I think the key to success will depend on how minor villains are implemented.....one of these days. My fear is that it will only be a lengthening of the current path to Villain Escape which I think might get boring and repetitive. I want to see several alternative paths, such as maybe focusing on a series of minor villains in association with maybe one major villain, for variety (could be tied to seasons somehow). I don't know how that could be implemented, but I think some alternative pathways like that will be necessary for BM66 to become a great game. The lack of inserts suggesting those opportunities is worrisome though.

#3542 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What other behaviors would you like to see?
1). Disable
2). Cycle every x minutes during attract mode
3) Sync with playfield Batsignal
4) ??

Great suggestions! I definitely think it should have the option to flash in attract mode or not.

#3543 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was very pleased playing BM66 tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I had older friends over who had never seen the game and they asked me to give them a game play tour, so I set it on 5 balls and showed them pretty much the whole game. That's the only bad news, that I was pretty much able to show them the whole game as it stands now, though it took some luck and an extra ball to do so. The good news is that playing it and explaining the game play to them, reaffirmed to me just how solid is the current BM66 game play......if it just had some more angles of attack and depth.
If Lyman could add some TWD-like action it really will be a powerful game. I played TWD just before so I was thinking if there could be a Bloodbath-type two ball mode sneaked in at some point such as after the second or third villain or after a combination of certain villains, it would add a lot. Of course, we'll have to see how seasons, minor villains, and Gadgets are finally implemented to see if that would add anything. TWD also has what I consider a lot of mini wizard-kinda modes of alternative paths strategy available to you depending upon how you play the game: Siege, Terminus, Horde, and Last Man Standing, for instance. If some of that magic and alternative paths could be added to BM66 it would be a hell of a game. I think the key to success will depend on how minor villains are implemented.....one of these days. My fear is that it will only be a lengthening of the current path to Villain Escape which I think might get boring and repetitive. I want to see several alternative paths, such as maybe focusing on a series of minor villains in association with maybe one major villain, for variety (could be tied to seasons somehow). I don't know how that could be implemented, but I think some alternative pathways like that will be necessary for BM66 to become a great game. The lack of inserts suggesting those opportunities is worrisome though.

No one saw the Bat turn mode coming. I'm sure Lyman has more goodies up his sleeve. The wait is painful though.

#3544 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I want to see several alternative paths, such as maybe focusing on a series of minor villains in association with maybe one major villain, for variety (could be tied to seasons somehow). I don't know how that could be implemented, but I think some alternative pathways like that will be necessary for BM66 to become a great game. The lack of inserts suggesting those opportunities is worrisome though.

Inserts might be nice, but you have 2 video screens that could be used to compensate for the lack of them.

#3545 6 years ago

No one saw the Bat turn mode coming. I'm sure Lyman has more goodies up his sleeve. The wait is painful though.

The wait is RIDICULOUS. This is not Lyman's problem, but management, purely. This Thursday will be 63 days since the last drop, which is a bigger gap than the time between .65, .68. and .69 COMBINED. But that was right before they likely took Lyman off the project full time and the time between code drops doubled. Now, they've doubled again. We were originally told 2 weeks until they get us "there." The gap is now 8 weeks and counting heading into the 8th month since release and still nowhere close to 1.00 with a large amount of features just not coded at all or with placeholders.

#3546 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Inserts might be nice, but you have 2 video screens that could be used to compensate for the lack of them.

Good idea, hopefully we'll see something like that. I hope that there are eventually alternative goals besides the long hard slog to capture everyone (major and minor villains) to get to Villain Escape. I fear that could get tedious, if not implemented with some imagination. Thankfully, it's Lyman so the best in the business is on the case.

That would be cool!

Quoted from thundergod76:No one saw the Bat turn mode coming. I'm sure Lyman has more goodies up his sleeve. The wait is painful though.

I sure hope so, especially if he can sprinkle some of his TWD fairy dust on the game.

#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Of course, we'll have to see how seasons, minor villains, and Gadgets are finally implemented

Don't forget the implementation of Villian Vision, Gomez said that will be used to taunt the player, it was one of the features that sold me on the game, love the idea of the villains taunting me as Batman/the player, so many iconic taunts, lines and laughs from the shows villians.

#3548 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The wait is RIDICULOUS. This is not Lyman's problem, but management, purely. This Thursday will be 63 days since the last drop, which is a bigger gap than the time between .65, .68. and .69 COMBINED. But that was right before they likely took Lyman off the project full time and the time between code drops doubled. Now, they've doubled again. We were originally told 2 weeks until they get us "there." The gap is now 8 weeks and counting heading into the 8th month since release and still nowhere close to 1.00 with a large amount of features just not coded at all or with placeholders.

Keep banging that drum......lol

drum-GIF.gifdrum-GIF.gif

#3549 6 years ago

Hope there is code this week, would be great to have it before Pinburgh so people can thank Lyman and biy him a beer or beers if the code is awesome.

Or being a little more selfish early next week as I'm off work next week Wednesday to Friday so perfect for new code Tuesday night

#3550 6 years ago

One of the guys on Aussie Arcade asked (nicely) about when new code and got this reply.

/start of email

Hello,
I received your email asking about the status of Batman code. As we attempted to do releases every 2 weeks it became clear to us that the types of features that could be released every 2 weeks would be minor and the complaint would then be about the lack of significant* impact of those features. This means that the work required to complete bigger features requires more development and testing time than a 2 week duration will allow.

In addition it is not uncommon to discover bugs related to the new code or how it interacts with the existing code during testing, which in turn regresses the release for fixing and re-testing.

Lyman and I are personally committed to delivering a product worthy of the legacy of games that we have created thru the years. To this end he is working on the game full time and will remain so until the game is done to our satisfaction. This particular game requires significant effort due to the breadth of material available in the Batman 66 theme. We have every intention of delivering on the promise of a great game.

We are very close to doing the next releases which contains many of the features that the community has been asking for including substantially more video, speech, sounds and more evolved rules and play events.

Thank you for your patience.

GG

/end of email

So they are on to it and it will get done. I personally prefer them to do it right rather than do it quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/71?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.