IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 374.
#3451 6 years ago

Yeah LE #110 here, which is sweet as its a double villain episode

e974c754867f41c6320873626ce2627823e6b610 (resized).jpge974c754867f41c6320873626ce2627823e6b610 (resized).jpg

#3452 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah LE #110 here, which is sweet as its a double villain episode

Maybe a call to Stern or your distibutor to ask if you can get the spare decal package you seem to be missing?

I think my previous Stern machines all came with extra target decals.

#3453 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe a call to Stern or your distibutor to ask if you can get the spare decal package you seem to be missing?
I think my previous Stern machines all came with extra target decals.

I have a couple of issues with my LE that Stern are already dealing with me direct to resolve, so next time I get an update on those issues I'll mention it.

I just assumed like the coindoor decal we just didn't get a goodie bag with BM66, that was until I saw yours.

#3454 6 years ago

crap, now I have to check tonight too when I get home!
a coin door decal would've been nice.

#3455 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

crap, now I have to check tonight too when I get home!
a coin door decal would've been nice.

Whats the coin door decal people are referring to look like?

#3456 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I noticed the other night when I was looking at my LE next to other recent Sterns that BM66 doesn't have a coindoor sticker, so I asked if anyone else is missing it, everyone who replied said they don't have one either so BM66 clearly didn't come with a coin door decal, that's what's being referred to.

Pretty f'in tight on Sterns part to scrimp on the little things that finish off the look of a game on this title given the price tag!

#3457 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

the horizontal decal that are on a lot of Sterns. Like Tron or ACDC have. Would've been nice to get a decal with some Franchi artwork on the coindoor

tron (resized).JPGtron (resized).JPG

acdc (resized).JPGacdc (resized).JPG

#3458 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

the horizontal decal that are on a lot of Sterns. Like Tron or ACDC have. Would've been nice to get a decal with some Franchi artwork on the coindoor

I thought some people had it and some people didnt. Looks like no one has one for Batman66. Good mod opportunity I guess.

#3459 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought some people had it and some people didnt. Looks like no one has one for Batman66. Good mod opportunity I guess.

I don't think any BM66 has a coin door decal, certainly should do for the price.

Funny how these little details we have probably taken for granted in the past make big difference on the overall finished look of the game.

It's like SW having no decal or plate around the lockbar button it something so simple but it makes a massive difference, I think SW looks sh*t without any sort of surround for the lockbar button.

#3460 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I have a design in mind that would work well with the Franchi art - basically coping assets he has used so it gels with the games art.

But to get it looking exactly like factory how do Stern print these decals? There is always a blurriness/pixelated look to Sterns coin door decals - at least the ones I have on older Sterns. Or do the newer ones have a clear HD look to them like the cabinet decals?

#3461 6 years ago

Yeah well I believe if you don't ask you don't get!

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yeah well I believe if you don't ask you don't get!

Goodie bag or coin door decal? Pretty sure Stern haven't made a coin door decal for BM.

#3463 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Goodie bag or coin door decal? Pretty sure Stern haven't made a coin door decal for BM.

i meant the email to lyman

#3464 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i meant the email to lyman

I don't think he has anything to do with goodie bags or coindoor decals Neil

#3465 6 years ago

One of my mates produced this one @extendo.

download_20170715_172625 (resized).jpgdownload_20170715_172625 (resized).jpg

#3466 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

One of my mates produced this one extendo.

That is awesome! Literally what I was thinking or a copy of the topper like on the front of the SLE cab. Is he offering them out or for sale??

#3467 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That is awesome! Literally what I was thinking or a copy of the topper like on the front of the SLE cab. Is he offering them out or for sale??

I'll ask him, it does look awesome hey

#3468 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

One of my mates produced this one extendo.

If you want to print your own you can get tgat image from franchis facebook page. He has a few others there that would make a nice coin door decal.

14706931_1502153056466468_9188481110394378502_o.jpg14706931_1502153056466468_9188481110394378502_o.jpg
14054246_1431631266851981_591492903598917518_n.jpg14054246_1431631266851981_591492903598917518_n.jpg
14523172_1489993481015759_2909179212299568188_n.jpg14523172_1489993481015759_2909179212299568188_n.jpg

14067474_1429706810377760_6616261164617357973_n (resized).jpg14067474_1429706810377760_6616261164617357973_n (resized).jpg

13925140_1425742257440882_5476260397047160568_n (resized).jpg13925140_1425742257440882_5476260397047160568_n (resized).jpg

#3469 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I'll ask him, it does look awesome hey

I'd be in for one @macca1010 . What are they printed on?

#3470 6 years ago

Well...no new code and no new ramp yet...but PDI rocks on this machine ( glass on in these pics)!!!...really like the purple underglow, and shiney batmobile ( kind of liked the blue windshield, so left it), a good BM66LE night....

IMG_1685 (resized).JPGIMG_1685 (resized).JPG
IMG_1687 (resized).JPGIMG_1687 (resized).JPG
IMG_1689 (resized).JPGIMG_1689 (resized).JPG

#3471 6 years ago

Looks sharp MK! I think you have a bad bulb on your back panel?

#3472 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Looks sharp MK! I think you have a bad bulb on your back panel?

Nah...just a bad angle on that pic....I take crappy photos....

IMG_1690 (resized).JPGIMG_1690 (resized).JPG

#3473 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well...no new code and no new ramp yet...but PDI rocks on this machine ( glass on in these pics)!!!...really like the purple underglow, and shiney batmobile ( kind of liked the blue windshield, so left it), a good BM66LE night....

Amazing! Very nice environment MK6PIN, that underglow and the Bat-signal wow man!

Regards

#3474 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What are you using for the purple under glow ?

#3475 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What are you using for the purple under glow ?

Went with Mezel on this one. Pure purple, and a nice tidy mounting setup ( in aluminum channel that uses (2x) brackets w 2 small screws to hold it secure). Turned out great

I did (4x) 2' sections, 2 under, 2 on the back.

I always install a dedicated 40amp, 12v power supply in all my machines to handle my led fix ( underglow, shooter rod, buttons, etc. ) distributed with the DK board. Gives me peace of mind that Im not taxing the main games PS.

#3476 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Went with Mezel on this one. Pure purple, and a nice tidy mounting setup ( in aluminum channel that uses (2x) brackets w 2 small screws to hold it secure). Turned out great
I always install a dedicated 40amp, 12v power supply in all my machines to handle my led fix ( underglow, shooter rod, buttons, etc. ) distributed with the DK board. Gives me peace of mind that Im not taxing the main games PS.

Wow 40 amps! You can do a lot of mods with that. Are you using the service outlet to power that supply? Do you have a relay in line with that so the external mod power supply is only on when the game is turned on? This is what I've been looking at to add so my external supply is only active when the game is on.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/iot.html

#3477 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What PSU are you using?

#3478 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wow 40 amps! You can do a lot of mods with that. Are you using the service outlet to power that supply? Do you have a relay in line with that so the external mod power supply is only on when the game is turned on? This is what I've been looking at to add so my external supply is only active when the game is on.
http://www.digital-loggers.com/iot.html

40 amps at 12v dc, nothing scary. Typical switching power supply from a PC gives you a bunch of options ( I grab 40amps @12v, and 60amps@5v for pinball use). These are very cheap ( free when you upgrade to a new desktop.. ), and provide nice stable power for all the mods ( those long led strips really draw juice). That's what I use, and put one in everyone of my machines at the start, to avoid surprises.

There have been threads on here on how to wire the power supply. I've been fine just feeding the Aux Supply from the switch on the machine ( load side), this way it cycles with machine power up. It also runs through the main, 8amp / 120v fuse circuit ( w MOV), so I have peace of mind. I hardwire it all, w feeder going to the DK distro ( sometimes 2). Nice and clean, and zero problems...

I've modded the crap out of some of my machines ( TRONLE, and IMVE were my biggest power sucks, TZ a close contender) with plenty of headroom doing it like this. My IMVE has UV underglow, interactive backbox, EL everywhere, some custom flasher strips, and the game's power supply couldn't handle it ( would sag).

You could easily access the switch to energize the aux power supply, and feed it with its own Edison plug straight to the wall outlet, but that's 2 power cords...I've never needed it ( yet).....

#3479 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What PSU are you using?

Here's a link showing how to convert:

http://makezine.com/projects/computer-power-supply-to-bench-power-supply-adapter/

I just use whatever one is available from a workstation that is legacy product( desktop towers get antiquated fast...I always have my guys pull the power supply before the unit goes to disposal).

#3480 6 years ago

Custom hinges and Batsignal installed along with some Mezel mods. The kicker and VUK lighting mod is terrific.

Not sure what I'm going to be able to do with the Batsignal once the machine is back in place. There may not be enough clearance to get to the ceiling with the soffit in the way.

IMG_2432 (resized).JPGIMG_2432 (resized).JPG
IMG_2433 (resized).JPGIMG_2433 (resized).JPG
IMG_2438 (resized).JPGIMG_2438 (resized).JPG
IMG_2441 (resized).JPGIMG_2441 (resized).JPG
IMG_2445 (resized).JPGIMG_2445 (resized).JPG
IMG_2454 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPG

IMG_2456 (resized).JPGIMG_2456 (resized).JPG

#3481 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Custom hinges and Batsignal installed along with some Mezel mods. The kicker and VUK lighting mod is terrific.
Not sure what I'm going to be able to do with the Batsignal once the machine is back in place. There may not be enough clearance to get to the ceiling with the soffit in the way.

Very nice!!!....really like the hinges and scoop light.....

#3482 6 years ago

love that space themed games room, very nice!

#3483 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Note to self..."Remove soffit".

#3484 6 years ago

Note to self..."Remove soffit".

Yeah. I really liked the design and totally forgot about the pinball machines when I did it. Most of my toppers barely fit. Unfortunately there are air ducts on one side so I really didn't have a choice.

#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

love that space themed games room, very nice!

Thanks. Stern featured my game room on their Facebook page a while back. It's my Star Trek Holodeck.

The set pieces are from Star Trek: Enterprise. Karl Urban autographed his pic next to my ST:LE "Damn it Jim - Just play pinball and talked to me for about 10 minutes about my collection and pinball in general with about 100 people in line wondering what the hell we were talking about.

IMG_9792 (resized).JPGIMG_9792 (resized).JPG

IMG_9808 (resized).JPGIMG_9808 (resized).JPG

IMG_9853 (resized).JPGIMG_9853 (resized).JPG

IMG_9856 (resized).JPGIMG_9856 (resized).JPG

IMG_6082 (resized).JPGIMG_6082 (resized).JPG

IMG_5760 (resized).PNGIMG_5760 (resized).PNG

IMG_6813 (resized).JPGIMG_6813 (resized).JPG

IMG_9797 (resized).JPGIMG_9797 (resized).JPG

#3486 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Stern featured my game room on their Facebook page a while back. It's my Star Trek Holodeck.
The set pieces are from Star Trek: Enterprise. Karl Urban autographed his pic next to my ST:LE "Damn it Jim - Just play pinball and talked to me for about 10 minutes about my collection and pinball in general with about 100 people in line wondering what the hell we were talking about.

That is amazing!!!

#3487 6 years ago

What is the correct color plunger spring should I put in the game?

#3488 6 years ago

I have a standard spring on from PL. I see why Stern put a low tension spring on I think. With a high tension one you can hard plunge and hit the saucer every time. Probably making the shot too easy I assume. I can still hit the saucer but only about 50% of the time with a standard spring.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2763

#3489 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What is the correct color plunger spring should I put in the game?

Orange...

#3490 6 years ago

I can't remember did BM66 originally come with a blue one?

#3491 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That is awesome! Themed rooms are so cool.

#3492 6 years ago

I can't remember did BM66 originally come with a blue one?

Yes.....weak as crap...not even strong enough to be accurate on soft skill shot, much less make consistent plunges to the inlanes....

#3494 6 years ago

never been in a pinside pinball club where there is so little to discuss. Stickers, plunger spring color, PSU, etc...
The thread is on fire about so little.
It should be rename " everything about BM66 that keep us wish we didn't bought a brick" or " blablalbla Lyman is a god blablabla"

Ok I'm good now. I had a mini stroke looking at my game this morning. All good. Keep the faith. Lyman is the best

#3495 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

never been in a pinside pinball club where there is so little to discuss. Stickers, plunger spring color, PSU, etc...
The thread is on fire about so little.

We are in the "calm before the storm" period.

The next code update seems it will be a big one and will certainly generate discussion. When Lyman eventually completes the game he signed we will start to see the bitching and moaning rants of frustrated Pinsiders who wanted or sold LEs but gave up on the game prematurely along with a spike in demand for NIB Premiums. Maybe the game will never meet Stern's original sales projections, but it will end up being a somewhat rare game (certainly as LEs go) which may help offset the initial sticker shock down the road.

I may be in the minority of Batman 66 owners, but I'm not worried. There are very few "dream themes" for me. This is one. It is a beautiful, fun game. For a fan of the series, this game has so much potential. I hope Lyman gets to do what we know he can and that we see many more of the incredible audio and video assets implemented going forward. But even if Stern lets us down (which, sadly, I believe is more likely than not), BM66 is still good enough for me to remain in my collection indefinitely (though if they do it's my last NIB Stern).

There are some folks working on some great mods and those will certainly generate discussion here (MK6PIN's replacement ramp should be flat out AWESOME). Stay tuned Batfans! This forum will never have the traffic of a Star Wars forum, but so what. I feel bad for them anyway -- on theme integration alone we got the better game

#3496 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I may be in the minority of Batman 66 owners, but I'm not worried. There are very few "dream themes" for me. This is one. It is a beautiful, fun game. For a fan of the series, this game has so much potential.
There are some folks working on some great mods and those will certainly generate discussion here (MK6PIN's replacement ramp should be flat out AWESOME). Stay tuned Batfans! This forum will never have the traffic of a Star Wars forum, but so what. I feel bad for them anyway -- on theme integration alone we got the better game

You are spot on with several points:

BM66 was a " boutique " theme to start with. Never meant to sell gazillions of pros to flood the market. You are not in the minority in regards to actual owners of the game ( I love the thing)...there just aren't that many out there, period. And most of those were already sold shortly after announcement.

I think it's great that people are enthusiastic about this title ( and Batman, in general)....some of the stories shared here are priceless. The passion for BM is genuine.

And for those of us that share the passion and desire to make the machine even better w enhancements only makes the thread better. Most of the "true" Club threads on here ( TRON, TSPP, TZ, MET, WCS, etc.) are driven by people sharing thoughts, ideas on how to improve, repair, and maintain/ restore these great machines. BM66 is a great Club thread for any and all things related, and will only get better as the code/ machine matures.

Plenty of other threads to bash the price, code, quality, character( income) of the owner, theme, etc. ( on this and any other pin for that matter)

BM66 spoken here..

#3497 6 years ago

My best yet.

IMG_0311 (resized).jpgIMG_0311 (resized).jpg

#3498 6 years ago

I was sad to see that Stern's room at San Diego Comic-Con was filled only filled with Star Wars machines. Surely, Batman 66 would have resonated with this crowd. Alas, no dice...

IMG_6762 (resized).jpgIMG_6762 (resized).jpg

#3499 6 years ago

What is a BM66 Premium selling for in the USA?

rd

#3500 6 years ago

LOL, I was looking at the score thinking, "that's actually not a very good GC score - not even sure how it beat the defaults". Then I read it again and saw it was bat phone champ. That's huge!!! Think mines about 30 Mill.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/70?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.