IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 374.
#3251 6 years ago

Quality is slipping, needed to do some service on the machine, so I reached in the coiner box door to unlock the latches for the lock bar, and the lathes fell to the bottom of the cabinet.
The wood screws were completely stripped out, obviously the assembler didn't check his torque setting when he screwed in the screws holding the lathes, now the problem is there is no wood to grab to install the screws, filled it with wood bond, and hoping for the best.
Finding way too many issues like this, on the machine. It seems that it can't play more then an hour or so without something falling off or a screw sliding down the play field , then the hunt and find to see where it came from.
Great machine, just can't keep it running.

#3252 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Best I understand, at Expo last year Lyman had been on BM66 for 4 months, which was too early to let the public play it. That would put the start date around June 2016 for his work.
So we're around the 1 year mark on BM66. I am not sure how long a game typically gets, and how much is supported by other coders as opposed to the main coder.
Was BM66 hamstrung by the frequent public releases, where the game would have to be frozen and tested for each release, as opposed to just knocking it out?
All of this is moot if the BM66 code could be wrapped up in a satisfactory way.

I think the confusion here is Lyman was working on the critical underlying operating system needs for Spike 2 not just Batman code. Lyman works on the tooling and system stack for the games also. I find it hard to believe that at expo there was 4 months in the pure batman code but in all honestly I have limited knowlege on what the basic requirements are just to make the Lights flash, the ball search and scrolling the LCD screen which was all the game did at expo.

Looking forward to a significant code upgrade this week and crossing my fingers for it

Cheers
Neil

#3253 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I find it hard to believe that at expo there was 4 months in the pure batman code but in all honestly I have limited knowlege on what the basic requirements are just to make the Lights flash, the ball search and scrolling the LCD screen which was all the game did at expo.

That was all the demo was set to do at Expo (attract mode), but internally the game was "playable". Just not well enough to let 1000 people play it. There was that report of a kid dropping a quarter into the demo machine and it started the game.

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from sffred:

Quality is slipping, needed to do some service on the machine, so I reached in the coiner box door to unlock the latches for the lock bar, and the lathes fell to the bottom of the cabinet.
The wood screws were completely stripped out, obviously the assembler didn't check his torque setting when he screwed in the screws holding the lathes, now the problem is there is no wood to grab to install the screws, filled it with wood bond, and hoping for the best.
Finding way too many issues like this, on the machine. It seems that it can't play more then an hour or so without something falling off or a screw sliding down the play field , then the hunt and find to see where it came from.
Great machine, just can't keep it running.

You know I actually thought about the stress those latches put on Sterns new cheap ass cabinets. I was installing the B/W braces and was amazed at how cheap the wood felt. Even so I thought there's no way those latches could rip off. WRONG!! Looks like Stern found a way! Seems every week there's more surprises like this to be found. Way to go Stern.

#3255 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Poor sales was also likely due to the higher price tag. Everyone pretty much agrees the Batman66 premium is really a pro features wise with a premium/LE pricetag.</

How can bm66 be a pro when it has the same playfield and features except for a bat signal and a few toy figures,so it is about a topper and trim for 2000.00 to 7000.00,

All the pros I have ever have had less playfield features or code

#3256 6 years ago

Cool....finally got to page 66 on the BM66 thread!

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Cool....finally got to page 66 on the BM66 thread!

690011_1 (resized).jpg690011_1 (resized).jpg

#3258 6 years ago

Just got done watching the 66 movie, there is a tonne of awesome scenes that would make great clips inserted into the game, obviously via pinball browser

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just got done watching the 66 movie, there is a tonne of awesome scenes that would make great clips inserted into the game, obviously via pinball browser

Totally agree! I added some of the soundtrack and it makes the game experience even more fun.

#3260 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Totally agree! I added some of the soundtrack and it makes the game experience even more fun.

Where did you put it?

#3262 6 years ago

hello clubbers,

i have an issue with a bm66 premium.

when the pinball is in attract mode all inserts in the middle of the playfield are flickering. also the gi next to the outlanes are not working in the attract mode.

when you start a game, everything is working correctly for a few seconds. the ball comes out is ready for start the game. but after a few seconds all lights do the same as in the attract mode.

also the flipper fingers, both slingshots and the penguin vuk aren't working.

after the ball drains, the ball save is activated but no ball shots out.

so you can do nothing more at this point.

i tried two different node 8 boards. everytime the same issues.

what can i do now?

#3263 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

hello clubbers,
when the pinball is in attract mode all inserts in the middle of the playfield are flickering. also the gi next to the outlanes are not working in the attract mode.
when you start a game, everything is working correctly for a few seconds. the ball comes out is ready for start the game. but after a few seconds all lights do the same as in the attract mode.
what can i do now?

I'd reload factory settings and see if something got corrupted.

#3264 6 years ago

Agreed and maybe reinstall the code on the machine. I think getting the node boards to reload their code is something that would be useful also.

Failing that give Chaz a call at Stern he's a great guy and will help you worth through it.

#3265 6 years ago

hi again,

i tried the factory rest and also re-installing code 0.75. nothing helped.

but i think re-installing the same code isn't a full install, so i need an older one.

where can i get one?

#3266 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

hello clubbers,
what can i do now?

Did this machine ever work right since you received it?

#3267 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did this machine ever work right since you received it?

yes!

#3268 6 years ago

Slide the playfield out and examine the wire harness carefully for damaged or cut individual wires. On one recent Stern, I had a situation where a few strands got looped over the guide for the playfield and eventually the activity of opening and closing the playfield frayed some wires and cut a couple by mashing them against the stop on the guide. Made it act really weird until I figured out what was going on.

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Slide the playfield out and examine the wire harness carefully for damaged or cut individual wires. On one recent Stern, I had a situation where a few strands got looped over the guide for the playfield and eventually the activity of opening and closing the playfield frayed some wires and cut a couple by mashing them against the stop on the guide. Made it act really weird until I figured out what was going on.

i think the wire harness are alright because when you start the game everything works correct for a few seconds.

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

i think the wire harness are alright because when you start the game everything works correct for a few seconds.

Probably something node-related, then. The slings and Penguin VUK are on Node 8, but that doesn't explain the lighting issues. Maybe a power supply issue? Have you measured the current coming out of the power supply?

#3271 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably something node-related, then. The slings and Penguin VUK are on Node 8, but that doesn't explain the lighting issues. Maybe a power supply issue? Have you measured the current coming out of the power supply?

yes, this is also correct.

#3272 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

yes, this is also correct.

Have you done a switch test AND a coil test on the slings and Penguin VUK to see if the switches or coils are what isn't responding?

#3273 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you done a switch test AND a coil test on the slings and Penguin VUK to see if the switches or coils are what isn't responding?

yes, slings & vuk don't work in the test.

#3274 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

yes, slings & vuk don't work in the test.

But the switches for them work fine?

#3275 6 years ago

Welcome to our Club,Hasi,don't be too sad,some of our pins were broken in the box, not playable!! Nothing has changed,I C !!!

#3276 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But the switches for them work fine?

yes.

#3277 6 years ago

Ok folks, I disconnected all of my streaming gear; I folded all stands; I wound all cords; I put everything neatly in all the boxes, and I put all the boxes neatly in the closet. That should virtually guarantee a code drop tomorrow.

You're welcome.

#3278 6 years ago

Ok so I made a new trans-light for my BM66 LE#66.

Numerous reasons:

1. I was was pretty bummed I didn't get a gadget. So I added it. (bottom left corner)
2. The original LE trans-light was too busy and Batman/ Robins crotch front in center wasn't their best moment.
3. Batgirl and Catwomen front and center is more appealing, visually. (like the Tron girls)

Anyway, if you would like a custom translight and have your gadget added, send me a PM. Donations welcomed.
And if you if don't know your gadget, make one up> Batshit Detector # , Bat-Alternate-Translight #, etc.

image001 (resized).jpgimage001 (resized).jpg

#3279 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyway, if you would like a custom translight and have your gadget added, send me a PM.

How do you print it?

#3280 6 years ago

Numerous reasons:
1. I was was pretty bummed I didn't get a gadget. So I added it. (bottom left corner)
2. The original LE trans-light was too busy and Batman/ Robins crotch front in center wasn't their best moment.
3. Batgirl and Catwomen front and center is more appealing, visually. (like the Tron girls)
Anyway, if you would like a custom translight and have your gadget added, send me a PM. Donations welcomed.
And if you if don't know your gadget, make one up> Batshit Detector # , Bat-Alternate-Translight #, etc.

That's really cool! Batshit Detector is great, but what about Batcode Repellant?

#3281 6 years ago

Numerous reasons:

How about one with the proper Batgirl (Yvonne) and Catwoman (Julie)?

#3282 6 years ago

Numerous reasons:

To be on a pinball translight & be correct, the women need nipple action & maybe a bit of camel toe.. Just say'in.

#3283 6 years ago

Alright.....how did a Star Wars Pro get a code update if was supposedly much further ahead than BM66? REALLY wanting an update tomorrow!!!

#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Alright.....how did a Star Wars Pro get a code update if was supposedly much further ahead than BM66? REALLY wanting an update tomorrow!!!

Man that's a small update for sure. Surprised to see it's only at .84. Thought it was further along. Even still I'm getting tired of waiting for the next BM66 update. I'm hoping this next one will be a huge update. Possibly very close to 1.00. At the rate Lyman's going it's just taking WAY too long to reach 1.00. Maybe this longer wait will be a big jump in code. Fingers crossed.

#3285 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kapow boutique release vs Stern cornerstone release.

#3286 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kapow boutique release vs Stern cornerstone release.

Big cash grab vs. bigger cash grab

#3287 6 years ago

honestly, are we not already tired of shooting this game? I mean the game can be more complex but at the end, the thrill is gone.
We've been part of an experiment

#3288 6 years ago

Played a B66 on location today after playing SW for first time. Really surprised how short-lived B66 was. The turn table mech is a joke.
And I almost fell for it.

#3289 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Played a B66 on location today after playing SW for first time. Really surprised how short-lived B66 was. The turn table mech is a joke.
And I almost fell for it.

LOL. You're comparing B66 to a SW pro....Code aside, I had the exact opposite thought when I played SW Pro yesterday. SW Pro is the most stripped down game I've ever played from Stern...but I haven't played any Stern 80's SS.

Anyway, wrong thread for your crap. Plenty of other B66 hate threads you can toss off in make yourself happy in.

#3290 6 years ago

trollyoday (resized).jpgtrollyoday (resized).jpg

#3291 6 years ago

True, but I guess its a bit of entertainment whilst waiting for code.

#3292 6 years ago

stern is always after the new money. same happened to kiss. no different here with bm66, except i thought they would throw you all a bone for spending all that money!
gary stern says keep your eyes on the ball, keep your eyes on the ball and thats for new pins and future releases. old games get tossed aside very fast. its the same with every new pin.

IMG_2154 (resized).JPGIMG_2154 (resized).JPG

#3293 6 years ago

Very nice work, but the style is completely different from the TV show on which the game is based. Us old timers who grew up watching the show would only get confused

#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern is always after the new money. same happened to kiss. no different here with bm66, except i thought they would throw you all a bone for spending all that money!
gary stern says keep your eyes on the ball, keep your eyes on the ball and thats for new pins and future releases. old games get tossed aside very fast. its the same with every new pin.

The longevity of the title in the public's mind is shortening with each release that is for sure, but the opposite effect is now the length of time that the early adopter buyers are now having to sit on their purchase for 18 months-2 years convinced that the miracle code update that will somehow change the public perception of the title is just around the corner.

#3295 6 years ago

The only way Stern is going to change and do things better is if we all stop buying games until the do, and we all know that's not going to happen.

#3296 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

Very nice work, but the style is completely different from the TV show on which the game is based. Us old timers who grew up watching the show would only get confused

Thank you.

The goal was to make it more eye appealing (BatGirl and Catwomen) with some modern comic art but still have the retro feel. (the villains in the background)

#3297 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How about one with the proper Batgirl (Yvonne) and Catwoman (Julie)?

You know we tried to do that. In fact, Julie's head almost worked on Catwomen body. Still might try to make that work....

#3298 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

That's really cool! Batshit Detector is great, but what about Batcode Repellant?

Batcode-every-two-weeks gadget.

#3299 6 years ago

batman (resized).JPGbatman (resized).JPG

#3300 6 years ago

So same bat channel same bat time for new code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/66?hl=davidspumpkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.