IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 374.
#3101 6 years ago

No Code (resized).jpgNo Code (resized).jpg

#3102 6 years ago

Does anyone make the parts to mount the bat toys (hot wheels) like the way they came on the super LE? I would like the clear piece for the shooter lane and wire mount for the helicopter. Not sure how the bat cycle is attached.

Thanks

#3103 6 years ago

Looks like we're into "don't care anymore" mode with Gomez Batman code drops. This miss plus the holiday will push the time since the last Gomez drop into the 40 day zone, the most ever. There has been ONE Gomez Drop on a Friday, so there's still a SMALL, TINY chance of code tomorrow, but it's a longshot.

#3104 6 years ago

wont see it tomorrow. They no longer do code on fridays.
Depressing, new record. And not a record any of us are glad for.

Anyone hear anything on it? Talk to George recently at all?

#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

wont see it tomorrow. They no longer do code on fridays.
Depressing, new record. And not a record any of us are glad for.
Anyone hear anything on it? Talk to George recently at all?

Why don't they do code on Friday? Just curious....seems like a great time to release it...before the weekend

#3106 6 years ago

Its a matter of support. Personnel to get it uploaded to the site (scheduled) and having staff around to deal with any unforeseen issues. Emergency code fixes etc with weekend would be a problem.
That's what George said a couple months ago at least.

#3107 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Its a matter of support. Personnel to get it uploaded to the site (scheduled) and having staff around to deal with any unforeseen issues. Emergency code fixes etc with weekend would be a problem.
That's what George said a couple months ago at least.

Guess that's reasonable...I'll hope they're unreasonable for once....

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does anyone make the parts to mount the bat toys (hot wheels) like the way they came on the super LE? I would like the clear piece for the shooter lane and wire mount for the helicopter. Not sure how the bat cycle is attached.
Thanks

i am interested in this too. Maybe someone could measure the plastic for the shooter lane so we can figure out a way to get it cut.

#3109 6 years ago

Haha- clever. I thought it was Yield at first. But I see what you did there. For the uninformed, he posted a picture of Pearl Jam's album: "No Code".

Also you guys might just be stressing yourselves out. Play something else, do something else- the code will come. It's only been 6-7 mos.

#3110 6 years ago

...while we have a new code, I will be playing Batman a lot as usual

Regards

#3111 6 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks

Check for my posts in this thread, I've posted pictures of these "home mods" on my premium. I've mounted the Hot Wheels batcopter, batmobile and batboat. I thought the cut plexiglass would look cheap, but I am thrilled with how it turned out.

#3112 6 years ago

IMG_6608 (resized).JPGIMG_6608 (resized).JPG

IMG_6609 (resized).JPGIMG_6609 (resized).JPG

#3113 6 years ago

Extremely nice RebelGuitars!

Regards

#3114 6 years ago

This is a total guess, but I'd bet we're 13 days from the next legit chance at code. It wouldn't surprise me if Stern is closed Monday & Tuesday giving only Wednesday to tie up any loose ends for a Thursday (7/6/17) release. That's also assuming the right staff is in the office to do a code release on the 6th and 7th.

It's certainly possible that something wasn't quite ready and can be buttoned down before Thursday. However, the 13th seems more likely than a holiday shortened week.

#3115 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This is a total guess, but I'd bet we're 13 days from the next legit chance at code. It wouldn't surprise me if Stern is closed Monday & Tuesday giving only Wednesday to tie up any loose ends for a Thursday (7/6/17) release. That's also assuming the right staff is in the office to do a code release on the 6th and 7th.
It's certainly possible that something wasn't quite ready and can be buttoned down before Thursday. However, the 13th seems more likely than a holiday shortened week.

Lyman is scheduled to be at the pintastic show next week. I think Gabe said he has family in new england so my guess would be he is out of the office all of next week.

If a release is in process and in the testing phase then maybe he doesnt need to be onsite for that. But if something doesnt come out today I agree it probably would be at least another 2 weeks until we see the next update.

#3116 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Check for my posts in this thread, I've posted pictures of these "home mods" on my premium. I've mounted the Hot Wheels batcopter, batmobile and batboat. I thought the cut plexiglass would look cheap, but I am thrilled with how it turned out.

Thanks - I looked at your pics and it looks great. I just can't see how you mounted the batmobile and batboat from the angle of the picture. Also I didnt see a pic of the batcycle.

#3117 6 years ago

Which are the correct hot wheels to buy for the game. I thought i was buying the right ones but then noticed there are so many different types?

#3118 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Which are the correct hot wheels to buy for the game. I thought i was buying the right ones but then noticed there are so many different types?

Screenshot_20170630-090253 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170630-090253 (resized).png

#3119 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - I looked at your pics and it looks great. I just can't see how you mounted the batmobile and batboat from the angle of the picture. Also I didnt see a pic of the batcycle.

I cut the plexiglass to size and drilled holes that were snug around the existing bolts. I didn't want to mount it under the bolts and the snugfit even holds when lifting the playfield. To mount the batmobile I used a big squeeze of hot glue on the plexiglass. The batboat is attached to the batmobile by the batboat trailer. I didn't even need to secure it with hot glue.

I didn't put a batcycle on mine.

#3120 6 years ago

That looks great!!! I think the beacon looks better when you can blow up the image like that....gotta rearrange my lineup!!!

#3121 6 years ago

No Code (resized).jpgNo Code (resized).jpg

#3122 6 years ago

The diecast models people are adding to their games that came on the SLE's does anyone know what scale they are?

#3123 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The diecast models people are adding to their games that came on the SLE's does anyone know what scale they are?

1:50 scale

#3124 6 years ago

Great thanks, it is what kept coming up online but wanted to double check, seems to be no difference between the 2008 and 2015 releases other than different packaging, although the 2015 bat boat seems more metallic.

Has anyone tried putting a better model of the Batmobile on the spinner yet?

#3125 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Great thanks, it is what kept coming up online but wanted to double check, seems to be no difference between the 2008 and 2015 releases other than different packaging, although the 2015 bat boat seems more metallic.

Any other scale there will be too long and too heavy.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3126 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any other scale there will be too long and too heavy.

A few of the hot wheels batmobiles differ in detail and show accuracy, they are all 1:50 scale though.

#3127 6 years ago

If you're looking to have the Batboat hitched to the Batmobile make sure you get the correct Batmobile. They've reissued these many times and only certain versions of the Batmobile will have the hitch required.

#3128 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hotwheels has released a whole slew of batmobiles over the years. The one they used on my turntable is kind of weird. It's a matte black finish with black flames on it. I saw an older hotwheels batmobile (still 1:50 scale) at a comic show that was glossy black and no flames so I got that one to replace mine. The only thing I didn't like about the replacement was that the double bubble canopy was tinted blue instead of clear. So I took the clear top one off my original and put it on my glossy batmobile. Pics below show the original as well as my replacement.

Hotwheels released a 1:87 scale batmobile in 2009. It appears more detailed in pics I'v seen of it but I haven't seen one in person. That is smaller than the hotwheels version so it would fit on the turntable. Not sure if it would look too small though.

matte (resized).jpgmatte (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpgshiny (resized).jpg

Hallmark also released a classic 66 batmobile a few years back that also appears to be nicely detailed but I don't know its size. Hallmark has a batcopter coming out in a few weeks that has batman and robin figures in it. Would have to see it in person to decide if it would look better than the eaglemoss one or not.

copter (resized).jpgcopter (resized).jpg

#3129 6 years ago

I've got a low ceiling issue so I've been going back and forth deciding if I want the batsignal projector or not. Wasn't sure how a side projection would look but those images by RebelGuitars look pretty sweet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/63#post-3844184

#3130 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've got a low ceiling issue so I've been going back and forth deciding if I want the batsignal projector or not. Wasn't sure how a side projection would look but those images by RebelGuitars look pretty sweet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/63#post-3844184

After seeing RebelGuitars pics I was motivated to shoot my Batsignal on the side wall. Much bigger and better looking.

#3131 6 years ago

Determined to get this sound byte worked into the game somehow. Not sure if it works well here or not.

#3132 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

After seeing RebelGuitars pics I was motivated to shoot my Batsignal on the side wall. Much bigger and better looking.

Absolute truth.....it really looks great " blown up" imho...been scratching my head for a week on how to rearrange things...

#3133 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hallmark has a batcopter coming out in a few weeks that has batman and robin figures in it. Would have to see it in person to decide if it would look better than the eaglemoss one or not.

I have the Hallmark Batmobile has great detail, very show accurate.

It's a massive shame Hallmark didn't do the Batcopter with Batman hanging on the rope later with the Shark on his leg that would have been a must add to the game

I didn't realise eaglemoss did 1:50 scale BM66 models will have to check those out.

#3134 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I didn't realise eaglemoss did 1:50 scale BM66 models will have to check those out.

Eaglemoss looks biggerthan 1:50. Maybe 1:43? The eaglemoss copter, boat, and batmobile are all bigger than the hotwheels versions.

Quoted from J85M:

I have the Hallmark Batmobile has great detail, very show accurate.

Whats the size on the hallmark batmobile? Would it fit on the turntable spinner?

#3135 6 years ago

Thanks for the help - I bought all the hot wheels off of eBay. Just waiting for them to come in and see how to put them on the game. I might try to add some LEDs to the batmobile. I haven't done that before so any suggestions on LEDs sizes would be appreciated and where to buy would be great. I don't mind soldering the LEDs it is if it needs a resistor is where I get confused.

Also, would help if someone with a SLE could post a pic of how the batcycle is mounted in the game.

#3136 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks for the help - I bought all the hot wheels off of eBay. Just waiting for them to come in and see how to put them on the game. I might try to add some LEDs to the batmobile. I haven't done that before so any suggestions on LEDs sizes would be appreciated and where to buy would be great. I don't mind soldering the LEDs it is if it needs a resistor is where I get confused.
Also, would help if someone with a SLE could post a pic of how the batcycle is mounted in the game.

I did the same thing and bought them all off Amazon. But when I saw what Mezel mods came out with I bought their Batmobile and Batcopter instead. The Batcycle can just be mounted with double sided tape. I have mine secured using one of the bumper cap screws but it keeps getting loose.

#3137 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

But when I saw what Mezel mods came out with I bought their Batmobile and Batcopter instead

Can you still use the batboat with the Metzel batmobile?

#3138 6 years ago

Problem with backbox lights.

Went in to adj 67 and 68 and set to 100% brightness but no lights
Looked in lamp tests but couldn't find backbox led's???
Thanks for any help!

Figured I'd post here as well as start a new topic as I know everyone is over here looking for code!

#3139 6 years ago

I modded my premium with a Bat signal topper I got custom made for $85. It is powered such that it says on whenever the game is on, but would be about as easy to make it on whenever the play field bat signal is on:

http://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade/bat-signal

I added the same copter that is on the SLE but put mine over the pops (where it is on the SLE blocks some of the inserts).

I put a larger Batmobile than is on the SLE and does not include the boat or trailer hitch over my shooter lane. The one on the SLE is readily available and could be mounted in the same way but I find the idea of towing a trailer in a jet powered car ridiculous.

I mounted both the car and the copter using a piece of polycarbonate I cut myself and the existing screws without modifying the playfield or plastics.

IMG_9856 (resized).jpgIMG_9856 (resized).jpg
IMG_9864 (resized).jpgIMG_9864 (resized).jpg
IMG_9860 (resized).jpgIMG_9860 (resized).jpg

#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I modded my premium with a Bat signal topper I got custom made for $85. It is powered such that it says on whenever the game is on, but would be about as easy to make it on whenever the play field bat signal is on:

I got one of those too, but was extremely disappointed at how poorly the light throws. It is a single LED that barely gives off any light even in very dark conditions. It looks very nice, but fails as a functional batsignal. Maybe it's because I got the larger one, but it is absolutely not a substitute for the projector in the Stern batsignal.

#3141 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I got one of those too, but was extremely disappointed at how poorly the light throws. It is a single LED that barely gives off any light even in very dark conditions. It looks very nice, but fails as a functional batsignal. Maybe it's because I got the larger one, but it is absolutely not a substitute for the projector in the Stern batsignal.

For me it was more important to have a Bat Signal that looked like something from the show (unfortunately Stern's is very utilitarian and is clearly meant to be hidden from view). My ceiling over the game is fairly low so it wasn't as important to have a large bright logo projected so I am happy with how it projects. It would be possible to change the LED to a brighter one, although I would agree the LED isn't easily accessible.

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Eaglemoss looks biggerthan 1:50. Maybe 1:43? The eaglemoss copter, boat, and batmobile are all bigger than the hotwheels versions.

I will give them a look ideally I would like all the models to match in size/make.

Quoted from docquest:

Whats the size on the hallmark batmobile? Would it fit on the turntable spinner?

It is 10.5cm long at a minimum (photos make the measurements look a little off it's angles of car, tape and camera top down with your own eyes it looks bang on 10.5cm) I haven't had chance to try it yet but here is a couple photos of the detail and length.

IMG_3449 (resized).JPGIMG_3449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3451 (resized).JPGIMG_3451 (resized).JPG
IMG_3450 (resized).JPGIMG_3450 (resized).JPG

#3143 6 years ago

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

#3144 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Can you still use the batboat with the Metzel batmobile?

My Mezel Batmobile doesn't have a hitch. The exhaust led sticks out a little so not sure even with a hitch would you be able to connect the two. But you might ask Tim if you send him a hitched Batmobile if he can led it up for you.

#3145 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

Man I just don't see it happening. Premiums were on the line for such a short amount of time. Heck it took Stern almost a year to release accessories. If it was selling well I think we would've seen them earlier. Not to mention the code is nowhere near where it should be. I guess we'll see.

#3146 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

The Premium (or Promium as it's been nick named) is the Pro with BM66, cannot see that ever changing, when the code is done it will reinvigorate sales and the Premium will be the one on the line.

#3147 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Sorry, Stern is not going to design another model for BM66. Any further production will be Premiums (which, as been pointed out, are really Pros). The Premiums don't seem to be selling well now and that's probably not going to change until potential buyers have a better idea of what's going to happen with the code.

Let's hope Stern realizes and understands the link between code and potential sales. If not (or they don't think the two are related), that doesn't bode well for the future of BM66.

#3148 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let's hope Stern realizes and understands the link between code and potential sales. If not (or they don't think the two are related), that doesn't bode well for the future of BM66.

Stern probably don't realise it, Lyman however does and takes pride in the games that have his name on them.

It wasn't Stern that got us masterpieces of coding like SM, AC/DC, MET, TWD, that was on Lyman and I feel confident he will come through again with BM66, I certainly hope so as BM66 has so much potential.

Stern really need him to aswell, I know some will jump in blind over and over again but BM66 sets the level for all future SLE releases if Stern wish to do it again and successfully they better understand that link between code and sales.

#3149 6 years ago

First,there will be no B66pro models.Question;has anyone tried to put a cloud effect over the Bat Beacon? I tried with that holloween web stuff! Got the right cloud formation over the signal,but couldn't focus on it! Just a black blurr!Tried cotton,same problem! A picture of clouds maybe??

#3150 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern already understands - there isn't any link. They know people will buy it anyway, just like they always have.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/63?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.