IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 374.
#3001 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The SP48 is plug and play for LE's only ( that's what I have)....the SP49 is designed for premiums, as it goes the full length of the backbox....think it might fit behind the topper for the premium, but not sure, as I don't have one.
Thanks!!! I think it really " finishes" the Batphone effect...catches your eye nicely, and a subtle enhancement to an already beautiful machine....

Excellent MK6PIN, thanks a lot for your response!

Regards

#3002 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is my one concern. How far is it from being a good game. My games are in Florida and I spend most of my time in Baltimore. i wanted one game for my place in Baltimore so I can play a little pinball. I was going to get AS but really like the looks of BM66 and love the LE with the topper. I did enjoy playing AS.

BM66 is great fun NOW, w .75.....logic based on FB response last week is another code drop coming next week. Buy the one you like and enjoy...it's all that really matters..

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way.

I'll agree that predicting the future is difficult, but I love the direction of BM66 so far and I don't think it's difficult to see the major path that it's taking. I like where it seems to be going. Plus, I've already been pleasantly surprised by the addition of the Bat Turn mode. If you want to nit pick about my sense of certainty in a club thread, so be it. When playing .68 and .69, I was less sure of how awesome I think it will be. After 75, I feel much better.

Quoted from jgentry:

People like AS because it's a really good game, not because of anything else.

We're agreeing here. However, this Pinside sentiment was overwhelmingly anti-Aerosmith 'more old dad rock' before the game came out. Then pics leaked and it was still bad. Then it landed and it was a surprise to the vocal pinside crowd as it was a good game and it was very much complete. Low expectations for Aereosmith made it a pleasant surprise to many.

Personally, I enjoy Aerosmith plenty and I'm not trying to knock it in anyway. I'd enjoy having one.

Quoted from jgentry:

No game is going to be for everyone but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state, not based on what you hope it becomes. I hope BM66 does turn out awesome, thats certainly not a sure thing though. AS is doing well because it's already really good. If you like that style of game you don't have to hope it works out with AS.
Stern just needs to get the code knocked out and the sales the start to pick up. Until then not many premiums are going to sell. I'm a buyer if they can get the code in great shape.

Again, we agree.

#3004 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not a lot to show.....here's the way I have it set now....beacon stays on in attract mode, turns off at the beginning of each game, then cycles on when Batphone triggered....very cool, as it catches your eye when "calling" BM...
( It REALLY looks good firing on a side wall, btw...just can't do it w current lineup...thinking about rearranging and swapping w IMVE, on the end of the row, so I can fire at the right wall)

Thanks for doing this, very cool. Looks like it's a must have for me

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Thanks for doing this, very cool. Looks like it's a must have for me

It's a very nice add...I would recommend it for all LE owners, for sure....sort of " finishes" an already great topper, and further brings the theme right to you while you play.....game is a blast....

#3006 6 years ago

I double checked Sterns site and the PRE topper is supposed to be interactive with gameplay. Again mine doesn't do anything. I'm hoping that when my other beacon arrives it will come to life. Or maybe it's dependent on the next code update.

#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I double checked Sterns site and the PRE topper is supposed to be interactive with gameplay. Again mine doesn't do anything. I'm hoping that when my other beacon arrives it will come to life.

That's the same thing they said with TWD topper. Doesn't do much

#3009 6 years ago

If it's any consolation, I think the pre topper looks pretty cool, and if the beacon at least turns on and off w the Batphone, you've got a win....

#3010 6 years ago

I joined the club today - In the end I bought the BM66 over Aerosmith. Now I have to figure out how to update the SW from 6.5 to 7.5?

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPG

IMG_1713 (resized).JPGIMG_1713 (resized).JPG

#3011 6 years ago

Congratulations. It'll only get better as well. Superb choice

#3012 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I joined the club today - In the end I bought the BM66 over Aerosmith. Now I have to figure out how to update the SW from 6.5 to 7.5?

Awesome choice, did you buy NIB or HUO? 0.65 to 0.75 adds some cool stuff and is a massive improvement to gameplay.

#3013 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesoke choice, did you buy NIB or HUO? 0.65 to 0.75 adds some cool stuff and is a massive improvement to gameplay.

Thanks - I bought HUO

Is there a link on how to update the SW?

#3014 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - I bought HUO

On my Spike games, there is an instruction sheet inside the backbox.

rd

#3015 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Congrats!!!....super fun pin, and only getting better....rotordave correct....updates are easy, and instruction sheet should be on the inside of your backbox..... .75 is a great update, and suspect another drops very soon!!! Enjoy!!!

#3016 6 years ago

Do you think this game will ever have audio cues during gameplay like SM does? I fear it will just be lounge music, instead of voice callouts like other superhero games have. Ie. "Get a move on". "Web slinger is back!" "Do it again! (Combo)".

The silence while playing is deafening, even after the last 2 updates.

#3017 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Do you think this game will ever have audio cues during gameplay like SM does? I fear it will just be lounge music, instead of voice callouts like other superhero games have. Ie. "Get a move on". "Web slinger is back!" "Do it again! (Combo)".

One of my most awaited updates. Both Adam West and Burt Ward recorded custom audio, so I have to guess the game will come alive at some point. I think it was explained once that Lyman does that work last, once the rest of the game is done.

That will also give us some idea of when the game is considered close to complete.

#3018 6 years ago

Suspect there will be substantial callout adds with later releases...

#3019 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - I bought HUO

If your node boards hold it's fairly easy to update, not much different than SAM. You might need to install the previous code versions first because some of the updates had two files, one code, one Spike system. I really don't know about that for sure though. (1) download code from Stern site, unzip folder and put the file(s) that was inside of the folder onto your thumb drive. As I recall, .75 is only one final file, but as I mentioned previously, sometimes it's two files, cause Lyman had to update the Spike system at least twice recently. The file should be about 3.5 GB file size. Also, it will take a long time to download it and move it to a USB drive. (2) behind the trans light there are two USB ports side by side. I usually use the left one. No dip switches to turn. (3) as I can recall, it's about the same from that point, plug into the USB, power cycle the game and wait for the cue to hit the button inside the coin door, though the update can appear to stall for a few minutes sometimes and look stuck. In Spike, code has to propagate to the node boards, so if one goes bad it could ruin the update.

Suddenly, updating code scares me a little bit.

#3020 6 years ago

The Villain Vision was described/sold as one big interactive feature that will have the Villians "speaking/taunting" the player, so that alone should add a tonne of callouts and speech ques.

#3021 6 years ago

Congratulations Marks! She's a beauty. Welcome to the madness!!

#3022 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am excited about the game. I actually noticed it has 7.0 installed not 6.5 as I said earlier. I will try to update the SW later this week and let everyone know how it goes.

#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am excited about the game. I actually noticed it has 7.0 installed not 6.5 as I said earlier. I will try to update the SW later this week and let everyone know how it goes.

Welcome to the club!

You don't have to worry about loading multiple releases - just install the latest code (either 0.75 or later)

(You have your decimal point in the wrong place - current code is 0.75)

#3024 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks - I bought HUO

Did you get the one stretch was selling?

#3025 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did you get the one stretch was selling?

yes

#3026 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I had trouble deciding too! So ended up with this hmm! I only got the Prem but has a signed card.

IMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPG

#3027 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I had trouble deciding too! So ended up with this hmm! I only got the Prem but has a signed card.

Awesome was it NIB or HUO, Premium with a signed card is a great bonus!

#3028 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome was it NIB or HUO, Premium with a signed card is a great bonus!

NIB. I requested from distributor, it was in the first shipment to Aust. I told him I wouldn't buy it if card wasn't signed! Helped to justify the price with the misses lol

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

NIB. I requested from distributor, it was in the first shipment to Aust. I told him I wouldn't buy it if card wasn't signed! Helped to justify the price with the misses lol

Which card did you get?

#3030 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which card did you get?

"Robin to the rescue" I also have a video where Gary is holding my card after Adam signed it!

https://www.facebook.com/rsrc.php/v3/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

IMG_0209 (resized).JPGIMG_0209 (resized).JPG

#3031 6 years ago

That Super LE sold for $14k on eBay. I thought these were supposed to sell for 1/2 price according to the army of haters. Still $1k short of original price, but that's not bad given the game is not finished.

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That Super LE sold for $14k on eBay. I thought these were supposed to sell for 1/2 price according to the army of haters. Still $1k short of original price, but that's not bad given the game is not finished.

It's holding value pretty well and it definitely helps that there was a much small # of LEs on this game. With eBay fees the guy still took a pretty good loss though. Happens with almost all nib games though.

#3033 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With each code update the hate will diminish, code version .65 to .75 has loads of subtle changes and with Bat-Turn it really made a big improvement and shows where the code/game could be heading.

#3034 6 years ago

So we're inside the usual range for a Gomez Drop on Batman '66 this week. Could have code any day (we've had B'66 code drops on every day of the week, but only once on Friday), and given that Wednesday and Thursday are most popular, it will probably be 6/28/17 (34 days) or 6/29/17 (35 days). It is likely to be 0.76-0.79.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Using actual available dates (when the ROM was posted to download) vs the dates listed in the readme file, code was ALWAYS posted on Thursday, except one Tuesday and one Friday, early on. So it will likely be 6/29/17 this week if we get code.

#3035 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fingers crossed.

Code drop would be awesome, I am genuinely more excited about BM66 code updates than SW.

#3036 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Code drop would be awesome, I am genuinely more excited about BM66 code updates than SW.

Holiday weekend coming !!!

Time for a huge code update!!!

#3037 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, i'm loving the unique turn table and layout.

It's a gorgeous pin and the LCD clips, callouts and additional modes will make this a great pin.

240 is actually "limited". You see very few of these for sale and as it gets finished and becomes entrenched in people's collection it should hold its value fairly well.

#3038 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Holiday weekend coming !!!
Time for a huge code update!!!

Don't go too crazy. Probably only 0.76-0.79, but maybe a nice, round 0.80.

#3039 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So what would be the significance if it was .80 and not .76. Does anyone really know what an increase by .01 means? Not really sure how they choose the numbering system. Maybe a software person can chime in.

#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

So what would be the significance if it was .80 and not .76. Does anyone really know what an increase by .01 means? Not really sure how they choose the numbering system. Maybe a software person can chime in.

I have been involved with commercial game software for over 25 years and I can't figure out the version numbering vs the actual changelog on Batman'66. Gave up. All I know is we're a LONG way from anything close to basically complete.

#3041 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have been involved with commercial game software for over 25 years and I can't figure out the version numbering vs the actual changelog on Batman'66. Gave up. All I know is we're a LONG way from anything close to basically complete.

We decided sometime ago that Lyman was just messing with the self-proclaimed software experts with the version numbering. Apparently one of them missed the joke ...

#3042 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Versioning is totally up to the software team or project or release manager. Usually a 1.00 version release level indicates that all design elements are functional. A .01 level change typically indicates a minor bug fix or non-critical change, a .1 release indicates some minor change or addition to function. A version change (e.g. 2.0.0) would typically indicate a significant functional change or in the case of pinball code a significant rule change.

However, no one here knows what, if any, criteria Stern uses. Until we do, I would ignore the significance of any numbering less than 1.0.0

#3043 6 years ago

I'm expecting simply deeper Catwoman and Penguin modes (with Gordon / TtBP) and a few bug fixes and probably another revision to Villain Escape in the next release, whenever that is. Probably some more Penguin callouts too.

#3044 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm hoping for 1.0, l know its a longshot but you never know.

#3045 6 years ago

Another example of why I love (and believe) where this code is going. I was so wrong about the mode scoring for Joker. I usually play it first b/c of ball save and thought I understood the scoring.

Nope.

Tonight, I decided to start with Penguin and just go with it from there. Joker was 3rd mode with about 350M in score and only a 3.5M Batphone answer. My Joker shots were worth more than when I started Joker first and had a 20-50M Batphone score. Now (.75) it seems that there's a strategy to which villain you play in a particular order. Of course, once Catwoman and Penguin get the same treatment, it may change and equalize them again. So far, there's already more strategy to the game than I even realized in the current code.

I think those of you with "stack major villains" enabled are really missing out on a lot in this game. There's a lot more risk / reward with it in the default mode.

#3046 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm hoping for 1.0, l know its a longshot but you never know.

Zero chance.

#3047 6 years ago

Lyman is going to make this next update v1.0 now just to mess with you Vire

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lyman is going to make this next update v1.0 now just to mess with you Vire

All credibility would be lost unless this was 4/1. Won't happen.

#3049 6 years ago

I put the cliffy protector in the scoop.

I got a ton of rejects.

I'm taking the cliffy protector out of the scoop.

#3050 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I put the cliffy protector in the scoop.
I got a ton of rejects.
I'm taking the cliffy protector out of the scoop.

Same here. Thinking of taking it out also, but that scoop cops a beating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 34.99
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/61?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.