IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 374.
#2601 6 years ago

Reloading AGAIN the code from Stern on a different USB. Download gets to 85% and is stuck there. Jesus Christ I'm really starting to miss the DMD updates. So much faster. It shouldn't take almost 24 goddamn hours to update a machine.

#2602 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Reloading AGAIN the code from Stern on a different USB. Download gets to 85% and is stuck there. Jesus Christ I'm really starting to miss the DMD updates. So much faster. It shouldn't take almost 24 goddamn hours to update a machine.

when you're about to initialize the update, which settings are you using? Update type: Quick or Full ?
Verify: on or off?

These can definitely lengthen the update time depending on which combination you were using. I've been just using the default "Quick, no verify".

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

when you're about to initialize the update, which settings are you using? Update type: Quick or Full ?
Verify: on or off?
These can definitely lengthen the update time depending on which combination you were using. I've been just using the default "Quick, no verify".

Same...took less than 30 mins last night.

#2604 6 years ago

Trying to debug my node board error after updating to the 0.75 code yesterday.

For anyone who did it sucessfully, if you go into the diagnostics menu and run the node board test what version number is shown for each board? Is it 0.1.0 or something else?

#2605 6 years ago

I couldn't get that far. When I try to update the machine and all 4 service buttons don't function and a strange faint buzzing comes from the speakers. Copying file to formatted usb is almost done. I'll try a 3rd time and see what happens. Meanwhile while waiting I did have one epic 5 ball game!!

IMAG0352 (resized).jpgIMAG0352 (resized).jpg

#2606 6 years ago

Which USB port on the board are you using and is it the same one always used?
If always same, try switching to the other and see if you have any better luck.
Left one is what I've been using.

#2607 6 years ago

Yep I've tried both. CN9/CN15. I know ur not supposed to drop and drag the folder. Are you supposed to extract all files before the usb transfer?

#2608 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Trying to debug my node board error after updating to the 0.75 code yesterday.
For anyone who did it sucessfully, if you go into the diagnostics menu and run the node board test what version number is shown for each board? Is it 0.1.0 or something else?

Node 0 CPU is 0.1.0 all the rest on mine now show 0.20.4

#2609 6 years ago

Yep I've tried both. I know ur not supposed to drop and drag the folder. Are you supposed to extract all files before the usb transfer?

I've done it both ways. I've extracted the file from zip direct to USB stick. No folder.
And also extracted to hard drive on pc and then just dragged over the file to the stick and both have worked fine.

I'd say try extracting the file to your pc hard drive 1st. Then copy just the file over to the stick and see if you have better luck.

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I've done it both ways. I've extracted the file from zip direct to USB stick. No folder.
And also extracted to hard drive on pc and then just dragged over the file to the stick and both have worked fine.
I'd say try extracting the file to your pc hard drive 1st. Then copy just the file over to the stick and see if you have better luck.

Just did that and still not working. This is the screen it freezes on...

IMAG0354 (resized).jpgIMAG0354 (resized).jpg

#2611 6 years ago

Just spitballing here. You've tried other USB sticks? Still have the .71 code downloaded? Try putting that back onto the stick and see if it still locks out the service menu buttons or behaves differently if you turn it on with that on it.

Tried putting in a blank USB stick and see if the service menu buttons lock out if you go into the menu even with it blank?

Working through the different variables on this one

#2612 6 years ago

I will try that next. Thanks for all the help!

#2613 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Node 0 CPU is 0.1.0 all the rest on mine now show 0.20.4

Thanks. Thats what I have on mine except for node 24 (villain vision lcd node board) it just says not initialized. Was working fine before the update. Makes me nervous that an update can cause a board failure.

It seemed odd the CPU node had a different version than the others so I thought that might be part of the problem but it looks like thats what it should be.

My distributer is arranging to get a replacement sent from Stern. Hopefully this doesn't happen in the future (post warranty) since they are so expensive to replace. Based on the number of node board failure threads i've seen in pinside, it seems to happen quite a bit.

#2614 6 years ago

Yep I've tried both. CN9/CN15. I know ur not supposed to drop and drag the folder. Are you supposed to extract all files before the usb transfer?

Although some have done it to the thumb drive, that method has caused issues for many. Download the file to a PC and extract it there. Then insert the thumb drive and drag the file to that drive.....do not drag the folder. When you look at the drive, you should just see the one file. Several have complained about similar situations to your when they try to do the extract on the thumb drive.

#2615 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Although some have done it to the thumb drive, that method has caused issues for many. Download the file to a PC and extract it there. Then insert the thumb drive and drag the file to that drive.....do not drag the folder. When you look at the drive, you should just see the one file. Several have complained about similar situations to your when they try to do the extract on the thumb drive.

So the 3rd usb stick was the charm! Used a 32G SanDisk and the update went as smooth as butter in about 1/3 of the time. Thanks for the help guys. Can't stay and chit chat. Got some flipping to do!

#2616 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks. Thats what I have on mine except for node 24 (villain vision lcd node board) it just says not initialized. Was working fine before the update. Makes me nervous that an update can cause a board failure.
It seemed odd the CPU node had a different version than the others so I thought that might be part of the problem but it looks like thats what it should be.
My distributer is arranging to get a replacement sent from Stern. Hopefully this doesn't happen in the future (post warranty) since they are so expensive to replace. Based on the number of node board failure threads i've seen in pinside, it seems to happen quite a bit.

Agreed, a bit unnerving that the update process can knock them out that easily.
Loading future updates will really feel like Russian roulette!

#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Agreed, a bit unnerving that the update process can knock them out that easily.
Loading future updates will really feel like Russian roulette!

Nah...I havent had a glitch yet ( except human error, forgeting to pull the file out of the folder).

Use a solid usb stick, speedy internet connection, and its done pretty quick and reliable ( just a big file)...

#2618 6 years ago

My game froze at the initializing screen for 10 minutes before anything started. Perhaps wait 10 or so minutes then panic...

#2619 6 years ago

My game got a good workout last night. It was agreed that the code is now fun...let's be real...ship code was pretty bad.

How does one put up a high score in the batphone hurry up? One of my friends got 22 million in the hurry up...we had no idea how he did it.

#2620 6 years ago

Batphone hurryup is after you qualify a villain, but before you answer the phone.

Keep bashing the Gordon target without answering the phone. This will add time and points to the batphone hurry up. It also enacts the multipliers. My personal best is 122M when I used the 3x shot multiplier on the phone in .71.

I think the default Batphone Hurry Up Champ is 25M

#2621 6 years ago

My game updated fine but when the node update happened an audible buzz started from the speakers and remained even after I power cycled. Anyone else get this?

#2622 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

My game froze at the initializing screen for 10 minutes before anything started. Perhaps wait 10 or so minutes then panic...

Mine froze up as well. Scared me. Fortunately, I was interrupted by a phone call and when I came back it had finally started updating. Whew!

#2623 6 years ago

I couldn't get that far. When I try to update the machine and all 4 service buttons don't function and a strange faint buzzing comes from the speakers. Copying file to formatted usb is almost done. I'll try a 3rd time and see what happens. Meanwhile while waiting I did have one epic 5 ball game!!

I had this exact issue and after many hours of pissing about and redownloading things. I worked out that to update from 0.71 to 0.75 requires a usb3.0 usb stick. My trusty usb2.0 one that i've used for all sorts of stern updates before and on batman from 0.65 to 0.71 no longer works and crashes the system

Hope that helps

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My game updated fine but when the node update happened an audible buzz started from the speakers and remained even after I power cycled. Anyone else get this?

This seems cleared up after the game was off for a while. I did power cycle it initially and the buzzing remained, but now it seems to have gone away.

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I had this exact issue and after many hours of pissing about and redownloading things. I worked out that to update from 0.71 to 0.75 requires a usb3.0 usb stick. My trusty usb2.0 one that i've used for all sorts of stern updates before and on batman from 0.65 to 0.71 no longer works and crashes the system
Hope that helps

I'm still using a 10yo crappy usb stick and I don't have problems at all. Oops, probably shouldn't have said that.

#2626 6 years ago

The missus made me this Bat-acular cake for my birthday...

DSC03346.jpgDSC03346.jpg

DSC03344.jpgDSC03344.jpg

#2627 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Holy shit, that is amazing. That is like tv show cake.

#2628 6 years ago

You wife really love you,that cake is amazing

#2629 6 years ago

She only gave you a score of 26 million....

You definitely have a keeper...don't do anything to mess it up. Lol

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Unbelievable, that is bat tastic

#2631 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Holy Bat-Cake Batman!

Wow! Happy Birthday.

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

That is amazing!!!! Super congrats on the cake...to say your Wife is a keeper is an understatement.....great Bat Story!!!!

#2633 6 years ago

Happy Birthday,melunga,I remember 40yrs.old! Kids,Work,Bills,school,responsibility,house payments,ahhh 40!!!

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Amazing! Extremely nice cake melumga! Welcome to the 40th level too lol (I'm 43 now).

Regards

#2635 6 years ago

Billion!

IMG_8807 (resized).JPGIMG_8807 (resized).JPG

#2636 6 years ago

Have any owners messed with game settings yet? I like the 'allow major villains stacking' option to be turned on so you can have multiple modes running at the same time, but currently its difficult to get joker going more than once and you really need to get that one going first as the joker targets to start are blocked once the table turns.

Come across a few other issues in that coin door ball saver doesn't work (drained ball ends ball) and if you have extra ball for replays turned on it doesn't alert you to the award threshold and i've had ball locks be ejected a few times when a bat phone hurry up award is started and you lock a ball instead.

#2637 6 years ago

Great score applejuice and great to see you enjoying your BM66 you deserve a great NIB experience after the hell you have been through with Jpop, congrates on your premium

Btw you need to update your Pinside collection

#2638 6 years ago

I'm back/still in the club. Selling my LE to a great buyer. And getting a premium from Marco at Southern Fried Gameroom expo. My girl loves batman the most out of all my games so it is a no brainer to rebuy/downgrade from my crazy LE to a premium.

about to put .75 on the LE and break it in for my buyer

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm back/still in the club. Selling my LE to a great buyer. And getting a premium from Marco at Southern Fried Gameroom expo. My girl loves batman the most out of all my games so it is a no brainer to rebuy/downgrade from my crazy LE to a premium.
about to put .75 on the LE and break it in for my buyer

Awesome news man, glad you managed to get a solution to keep you/bring you back into the club, code is building up to something really nice too which must have helped

#2640 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Have any owners messed with game settings yet? I like the 'allow major villains stacking' option to be turned on so you can have multiple modes running at the same time, but currently its difficult to get joker going more than once and you really need to get that one going first as the joker targets to start are blocked once the table turns.
Come across a few other issues in that coin door ball saver doesn't work (drained ball ends ball) and if you have extra ball for replays turned on it doesn't alert you to the award threshold and i've had ball locks be ejected a few times when a bat phone hurry up award is started and you lock a ball instead.

I played an earlier version, maybe 0.69, with villain stacking. I had a few times where it crashed and rebooted when using a gadget. Who knows if it's related, but since going back to no stacking I haven't had similar issues.

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I turned off Villain repeats so it won't accidentally activate completed Riddler or Penguin when you're trying to get Joker or Catwoman going.

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I turned off Villain repeats so it won't accidentally activate Riddler or Penguin when you're trying to get Joker or Catwoman going.

Thats a good idea. Does anyone know if you complete a villain twice before getting to Villain Escape mini wizard, does the next round of villains begin with the twice beaten villain already completed? (if that makes sense )

#2643 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats a good idea. Does anyone know if you complete a villain twice before getting to Villain Escape mini wizard, does the next round of villains begin with the twice beaten villain already completed? (if that makes sense )

I don't believe so, which is another reason I turned it off.

#2644 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't believe so, which is another reason I turned it off.

In that case it should be off by default.

#2645 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

In that case it should be off by default.

FYI, it's setting 49 in the Batman specific adjustments, Lock out Completed Major Villains. Default is No, I set this one to Yes.

#2646 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

FYI, it's setting 49 in the Batman specific adjustments, Lock out Completed Major Villains. Default is No, I set this one to Yes.

Good idea! I always disliked reactivating a completed major villain by accident while trying to complete the others.

#2647 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Safe to assume he left it on "don't lock out" by default to force more care and planning in your shots. Nerdy as it sounds I like to imagine that if I accidentally start a major villain a second time after already completing/capturing that it's like they escaped from prison so I have to capture them again before any further progress.

#2648 6 years ago

Hey KG are you going to leave your PRE stock or trick it out similar to your LE with custom powdercoat etc?

#2649 6 years ago

i had this same problem.

I think its related to the underlying filesystem on the memory stick. So I had .75 on mine but when I booted it said upgrade to .71. Checked it then tried the install. it would just hang:

jump to 31:11

tried copying it over again but didn't format the memory stick - which is what I should have done. still nada, but this was a memory stick that I'd used to put .71 on.

so used a different memory stick (which was also USB3) and *bosh* all ok.

Cheers,
Neil.

#2650 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Safe to assume he left it on "don't lock out" by default to force more care and planning in your shots. Nerdy as it sounds I like to imagine that if I accidentally start a major villain a second time after already completing/capturing that it's like they escaped from prison so I have to capture them again before any further progress.

Good attitude thinking about them escaping! It's usually Penguin in my case due to scoop drop ins out of the pops, which is why I try to capture him last or next to last. I equate it to Monger in IM. If you thrash around enough IM shots, especially a missed left ramp or Whiplash that goes down that center slot, you'll often end up having to fight Monger a second time. That hurts bad, cause he blocks other progress and it's dangerous to bash him enough to go back down without losing a ball. Like Monger, the Batman villains don't time out, so they have to be dealt with a second time if it happens. So, sometimes what you don't shoot can be as important as what you do shoot which adds another aspect to the game. It'll be good to have the setting to turn repeat villains off once the game gets a little deeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/53?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.