PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 373.
#2401 6 years ago

Trying to jack up the value of the Bat Turn mode then start it with a PF multiplier and then quickly get into multiball is a fun stack to try to achieve for big points.

#2402 6 years ago

Okay so while I am away from home my good friend who took delivery for me says it's definitely got #110 on the side next to Batman LE.

Quoted from docquest:

Episode #110 was "The Funny Feline Felonies" which is a Joker and Catwoman episode which would be cool. Gadget #110 is ??????

I wanted a Gadget but I am now hoping it is an Episode, a double villain episode (my two favourite villains from the show too boot ) would be awesome!

#2403 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can anyone who has villain stacking on tell me if it's not possible to start Joker in stacking if it's not started first?

I have had the same issue but last night it fired up again after I defeated a villian , multiple times it has disengadged the joker completely if not started first . Confusing

#2404 6 years ago

for those desperate to see the long boring update in progress

Sorry about the wrong link and thanks Lloyd for pointing it out!!

Neil

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

or those desperate to see the long boring update in progress

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=nqmF3baFBew

Any reason you posted my MMR help videos in a Batman 66 thread ?

LTG : )

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any reason you posted my MMR help videos in a Batman 66 thread ?

He didn't; his link is to an edit screen that takes whomever clicks the link to their own videos.

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

He didn't; his link is to an edit screen that takes whomever clicks the link to their own videos.

Neat.

#2408 6 years ago

Just put a couple hours on w new code....massive fun, and completely new dynamic, as the spinning batmobile is an actual target w real rewards and impact on scoring...the vids are just a blast!!! The machine has taken a quantum leap in both stacking, scoring possibilities, and enhanced, campy fun...love this freakin game!!!

#2409 6 years ago

Hi folks, I just found Batman !!

#2410 6 years ago

So my game arrived Wednesday I have two games with .61 code on it then updated yesterday to .71 and did this stream last night - need practise but the game is epic - now sure how anyone say this is clunky - you can start to see the complex rule sets beginning to come together! Still a couple of niggles but nothing major.

#2411 6 years ago

How cool is the music in Bat Turn? Where's O-din - he'd love it. Great mode in general. Can't believe this update is just a 0.01!! Imagine what we'll get by 1.01!!! Game won't be recognizable.

#2412 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Neat.

Doh - now fixed!

#2413 6 years ago

Received my LE on Thursday so now an official member.
Episode 48 The Yegg Foes in Gotham

Also this card I'm more than happy with

IMG-20170428-WA0008 (resized).jpegIMG-20170428-WA0008 (resized).jpeg

#2414 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How cool is the music in Bat Turn? Where's O-din - he'd love it. Great mode in general. Can't believe this update is just a 0.01!! Imagine what we'll get by 1.01!!! Game won't be recognizable.

+1000...he's probably playing one of his friend's now (mentioned there were 2 next to him, so he didn't need to keep his). I couldn't get over how the game gained that much "fun factor" with a ".01" rev......amazing.

#2415 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love that Lyman put the batmobile parachute pickup service in the game. Just played it and it's a really cool mode.

What to you do to activate this mode/video?

#2416 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can't believe this update is just a 0.01!! Imagine what we'll get by 1.01!!! Game won't be recognizable.

lol, I am guessing the .01 designator is more than likely poking fun at those in this thread that are hung up on what number the code revision is assigned. The version number means nothing as far as quantity of code goes, it is just an arbitrary number the programmer assigns to the revision. You will probably see a small code change with a big revision number somewhere in the future...lol

#2417 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am guessing the .01 designator is more than likely poking fun at those in this thread that are hung up on what number the code revision is assigned.

Doubt it.

#2418 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

BAT TURN mode:
- Lit at the ATOMIC PILE after 10 hits (default) to the BATMOBILE.
- BATMOBILE spins increase the payoff value.
- When the mode starts, all shots are lit for the payoff value, which
counts down.
- Shoot any shot to collect the payoff value and stop the countdown.
The shot will no longer be available.
- Hitting the BATMOBILE increases the payoff value, re-lights all of
the shots, and re-starts the countdown.
- If a multiball mode (either TURNTABLE MULTIBALL or VILLAIN ESCAPE)
runs with BAT TURN and the turntable moves to the TV side, all of the
shots are re-lit and worth 2x the current payoff value, and the value
will not count down. Shooting a lit shot re-lights all of the other
shots.
- The mode is TIMED (40 seconds, default). The timer can be reset to
40 seconds by hitting the BATMOBILE, or by getting "MORE TIME" from
tHe Mystery award.

#2419 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

lol, I am guessing the .01 designator is more than likely poking fun at those in this thread that are hung up on what number the code revision is assigned. The version number means nothing as far as quantity of code goes, it is just an arbitrary number the programmer assigns to the revision. You will probably see a small code change with a big revision number somewhere in the future...lol

I agree. I thought the .01 was a great smackdown of our resident negative Nancy, who immediately took the bait.

Certainly can't expect 29 more major modes before the game is "complete", but it does seem to indicate there is a lot more to come.

#2420 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

To activate Bat-Turn mode you need to hit the Batmobile spinner on the rotisserie. It doesnt matter its its a small hit that barely turns the or a big hit that spins it a lot. After you hit the spinner it wont register any additional hits for a few seconds.

Sine you need to hit the batmobile spinner to enable this mode its only available when you are in one of the villain modes since thats when the rotisserie has the batmobile spinner facing you.

Default number of hits to enable the Bat-Turn mode is 10 but you can change it in adjustments menu to be as low as 5. As you get closer to getting thee number of hits needed it will tell you on the LCD. For example, "3 more hits needed to enable Bat-Turn mode"

Once you hit it the required number of times you then need to hit the Atomic Pile shot to start the mode. The Atomic Pile shot is straight through the spinner and out the left side.

Once the Bat-Turn mode starts you have 40 seconds (time can be changed in adjustments menu). When you hit the batmobile spinner you are doing an "emergency bat turn". You'll see Batman hit the emergency turn lever, the bat chutes open, the batmobile does a 180, then the batmobile drops the chutes.

To pickup the chutes you need to hit a flashing white shot. The points to collect decrease the longer it takes to make a shot.

If you hit the batmobile spinner again then the timer resets back to 40 second, batmobile does another turn and drops another chute, and all the main shots re-light to pick up the chute.

#2421 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

To activate Bat-Turn mode you need to hit the Batmobile spinner on the rotisserie. It doesnt matter its its a small hit that barely turns the or a big hit that spins it a lot. After you hit the spinner it wont register any additional hits for a few seconds.
Sine you need to hit the batmobile spinner to enable this mode its only available when you are in one of the villain modes since thats when the rotisserie has the batmobile spinner facing you.
Default number of hits to enable the Bat-Turn mode is 10 but you can change it in adjustments menu to be as low as 5. As you get closer to getting thee number of hits needed it will tell you on the LCD. For example, "3 more hits needed to enable Bat-Turn mode"
Once you hit it the required number of times you then need to hit the Atomic Pile shot to start the mode. The Atomic Pile shot is straight through the spinner and out the left side.
Once the Bat-Turn mode starts you have 40 seconds (time can be changed in adjustments menu). When you hit the batmobile spinner you are doing an "emergency bat turn". You'll see Batman hit the emergency turn lever, the bat chutes open, the batmobile does a 180, then the batmobile drops the chutes.
To pickup the chutes you need to hit a flashing white shot. The points to collect decrease the longer it takes to make a shot.
If you hit the batmobile spinner again then the timer resets back to 40 second, batmobile does another turn and drops another chute, and all the main shots re-light to pick up the chute.

Great write up Doc, mode sounds great! I love the way its incorporated into the game and uses the assets/mech of the game to create what sounds like a mode that feels unique to BM66, love it when we get these sprinkles of Lyman magic - the little nuances of Horde, Crank it Up come to mind while I read your post.

#2422 6 years ago

We were all surprised by the new Bat Turn mode.

That got me to thinking - other than the obvious modes missing/incomplete (seasons, minor villians, Batusi) - what other modes would be cool? Here are some I'd like to see:

- Holy Flypaper mode : Get Robin to say as many "Holy" phrases as possible

- Bat Wall Climb - reveal as many window guest stars as possible. Use the Riddler hole shot to hold the ball while playing the longer clips.

- Enter Batgirl (maybe the Season 3 mode?)

- Good Citizen mode: Batman gives advice on each shot

Any other suggestions?

#2423 6 years ago

I would like to see bat turn go by spins not hits,just think it would be more fun to get rewarded for a solid hit that spins a lot
Just a thought

#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would like to see bat turn go by spins not hits,just think it would be more fun to get rewarded for a solid hit that spins a lot
Just a thought

A solid spin increases the starting value of the shots in the mode, so you are rewarded for it.

#2425 6 years ago

I see ,thanks,

#2426 6 years ago

A Shark repellent bat spray mod would be awesome maybe a midnight madness kind of mode use cartoon animation for it and it allows us to later add movie footage via Pinball browser. It's just an iconic moment albeit from the movie but it's infamous now it would be a shame if it wasn't referenced in the the game somewhere.

Some added narration would be good too, each show always started off with the villains initial plot followed by commissioner Gordon calling via the batphone, "quick to the bat poles", jump in batmobile, race to Gotham and finally Batman & Robin arriving to speak to the commissioner, I wouldn't mind the 4 main villains modes starting like that?? But you guys who have had the game a while will know if another level/stage of depth to the villains would be good or bad!?

#2427 6 years ago

Shameless plug for anyone decorating their Batcave. Here is a taste of the limited edition print now available from quantum tomfoolery:

batSWANKsnip (resized).jpgbatSWANKsnip (resized).jpg

#2428 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

- Bat Wall Climb - reveal as many window guest stars as possible. Use the Riddler hole shot to hold the ball while playing the longer clips.

A Bat wall climb mode would be great! Such an iconic part of the show. Not sure how it could be implemented but if anyone can work that out it's Lyman.

#2429 6 years ago

Wall climb could be a combo mode similar to Lady Justice in MET

#2430 6 years ago

Wall climb could be a combo mode similar to Lady Justice in MET

I am not hugely familiar with MET rules, how does lady justice work? Speaking of justice I would love Stern to bring out a DREDD pin!!

#2431 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am not hugely familiar with MET rules, how does lady justice work? Speaking of justice I would love Stern to bring out a DREDD pin!!

Basically alternate shots to each side of the game ideally in combos. Right orbit shot will allow you to hit another right hand shot in a combo. Kinda like walking up a building left, right, left, right...

#2432 6 years ago

Basically alternate shots to each side of the game ideally in combos. Right orbit shot will allow you to hit another right hand shot in a combo. Kinda like walking up a building left, right, left, right...

Okay so instead of any shot being linked as a combo, it would be a set shot to make it a wall climb Combo instead of a regular Combo? It is 01:40 here so this maybe going over my head at this hour

#2433 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

BAT TURN mode:
- Lit at the ATOMIC PILE after 10 hits (default) to the BATMOBILE.
- BATMOBILE spins increase the payoff value.
- When the mode starts, all shots are lit for the payoff value, which
counts down.
- Shoot any shot to collect the payoff value and stop the countdown.
The shot will no longer be available.
- Hitting the BATMOBILE increases the payoff value, re-lights all of
the shots, and re-starts the countdown.
- If a multiball mode (either TURNTABLE MULTIBALL or VILLAIN ESCAPE)
runs with BAT TURN and the turntable moves to the TV side, all of the
shots are re-lit and worth 2x the current payoff value, and the value
will not count down. Shooting a lit shot re-lights all of the other
shots.
- The mode is TIMED (40 seconds, default). The timer can be reset to
40 seconds by hitting the BATMOBILE, or by getting "MORE TIME" from
tHe Mystery award.

Quoted from docquest:

Thank you both!

#2434 6 years ago

can anyone explain how the X shots and X lights work? makes me think of multi kill

#2435 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can anyone explain how the X shots and X lights work? makes me think of multi kill

Hit the Commissioner Gordon target 3 times to light the x targets, then making the flashing shot will multiply (double?) value of the shot. I think you can repeat to increase the multiplier, but I've never done it.

#2436 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The Batman rules sheet that I maintain here and should go into this, but I'll put it here too.

If you hit Gordon 3 times, all x's will begin to flash. The next shot you make will be doubled. If you hit gordon 4x more (after selecting your doubled shot) x's will begin flashing again and you can shoot a DIFFERENT shot and make it 3x. Later rinse repeat up to having a shot 6x'd.

When you have shots multiplied, the little x will flash a number of times to correspond to the multiplier value. It's kinda fun to see it all flashing. This is obviously insanely valuable and great to have in multiball.

#2437 6 years ago

Just noticed on my LE that the left and the right ramps are both chrome. I was under the impression that the left ramp was red.
Do I have a premium dressed in an Le dress??

20170430_233118 (resized).jpg20170430_233118 (resized).jpg

#2438 6 years ago

If you have an LE then you should definitely have a colored left ramp wireform.

#2439 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Just noticed on my LE that the left and the right ramps are both chrome. I was under the impression that the left ramp was red.

NeilMcRae has a red powdercoated left ramp, I was just watching his stream when I saw your post, definitely seems like an error on Sterns part, give them a call or email.

#2440 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

100% the LE should have left wireform red powder coat.

#2441 6 years ago

Yeah Jon I checked Neil's video and thought so. Well I may have a unique Le then. The only one out of 240 with two chrome wireforms. I'll get in touch tomorrow.

#2442 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Yeah Jon I checked Neil's video and thought so. Well I may have a unique Le then. The only one out of 240 with two chrome wireforms. I'll get in touch tomorrow.

I will be powder coating my right ramp wireform, I would either ask Stern for a replacement LE wireform or who you can send the bill too if you get it powder coated yourself

#2443 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Ask them for the left ramp kit and lower deflector kit while you're at it. Keeps the ball on the left ramp when it's going fast and stops airballs from getting stuck above the "G" on the Gadget plastic. Kit's free for the asking.

#2444 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ask them for the left ramp kit and lower deflector kit while you're at it. Keeps the ball on the left ramp when it's going fast and stops airballs from getting stuck above the "G" on the Gadget plastic. Kit's free for the asking.

Good pickup - that should have been sent with the game by your Distro. The ramp fix makes a difference.

On the topic, MK6PIN , whats the progress on the replacement wireform?

#2445 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have only just got our games in the UK, watching NeilMcRae stream for an hour and a half I didn't see a single airball off the ramp, maybe because it took so long to get our games they come with the fix already installed? or does Sutol photo above show his ramp without it??

#2446 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We have only just got our games in the UK, watching neilmcrae stream for an hour and a half I didn't see a single airball off the ramp, maybe because it took so long to get our games they come with the fix already installed? or does sutol photo above show his ramp without it??

Not so much airballs for me (never had one), but the fix makes the whole thing feel much sturdier and there's no rattle from the small flimsy plastic flap that was on there originally. In the photo the improved flap is not on the game. I'm surprised they weren't already installed on your games given they're so late. At the very least they should have been included in the shipment to your distro.

#2447 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not so much airballs for me (never had one), but the fix makes the whole thing feel much sturdier and there's no rattle from the small flimsy plastic flap that was on there originally. In the photo the improved flap is not on the game. I'm surprised they weren't already installed on your games given they're so late. At the very least they should have been included in the shipment to your distro.

Yeah seems crazy that Stern wouldn't just install them from factory due to how late our games took to get out of the doors there, now they will be paying for shipping for multiple packages over to the UK

#2448 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We have only just got our games in the UK, watching neilmcrae stream for an hour and a half I didn't see a single airball off the ramp, maybe because it took so long to get our games they come with the fix already installed? or does sutol photo above show his ramp without it??

Not in the picture. If the PF is freshly waxed the ball tends to fly off the ramp if you hit it hard. The fix takes care of that and stops the floppy plastic there now from bouncing all the time when you hit the ramp.

#2449 6 years ago

Here's what you're looking for. The ramp fix goes UNDER the floppy plastic (eventually I will drill out the rivets and remove the floppy plastic so it doesn't look so dumb). The deflector goes near the exit of the left ramp return. You get both parts in the free-for-the-asking service kit.

batplastic (resized).JPGbatplastic (resized).JPG
bat-protector (resized).JPGbat-protector (resized).JPG

#2450 6 years ago

You should also ask for a different strength plunger spring (I think Green is the one you want - ill check tonight) as the one installed is way too soft (unless yours are already installed).

And if your Bat Car is only screwed to the spinning disc using Phillips head screws, you should ask for the upgraded one where the car is riveted to the disc. The screwed one will fall off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 26.50
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 39.00
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.