IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 374.
#1951 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I pulled apart the original button and sanded the word "start" off using 800 grit sand paper. The new graphic was printed on transparency film and put on top of the green plastic insert then I popped the original transparent plastic dome back on and reassembled the switch. PM me if you want to buy the transparency insert. I realize not everyone is up to doing this and would sell the assembled switches if I could find a source for original ones, but I don't know where to get them as of now.

Is there anyway to make the start button clear? is the green a plastic cap/cover or is the plastic itself green?

#1952 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there anyway to make the start button clear? is the green a plastic cap/cover or is the plastic itself green?

marco sells a clear 1" button which should fit.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBA1W

#1953 7 years ago

Thanks Doc, any idea why Stern have gone with a new button on BM66? I noticed Aerosmith is the same with the new flush style button, GB had the classic inset Start Button, maybe its a Spike 2 thing, but I might give that button ago, see how it fits and report back.

#1954 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The plastic underneath is green and the transparent lens/dome is green. Thus you would have to replace both the plastic and the lens to make it another color. I know these must come in other colors because the same start button is on the Hobbit in yellow, but I don't know where to get them.

Quoted from docquest:

marco sells a clear 1" button which should fit.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBA1W

I think it might fit but this button is much smaller than the stock button so it wouldn't look right. This is the correct button for Sterns prior to BM66.

#1955 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Doc, any idea why Stern have gone with a new button on BM66? I noticed Aerosmith is the same with the new flush style button, GB had the classic inset Start Button, maybe its a Spike 2 thing, but I might give that button ago, see how it fits and report back.

You might need to swap the LED that came with your original button if the replacement button doesn't work at spike voltages.

The opening credits on the TV show were mostly green so its not a bad fit to keep the green color with a black bat symbol.

1966_Batman_titlecard (resized).JPG1966_Batman_titlecard (resized).JPG

#1956 7 years ago

Here is what the pieces of the button look like when you take it apart

IMG_8796 (resized).jpgIMG_8796 (resized).jpg

#1957 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Was it lit with one of the little rectangular surface mount LED boards?

#1958 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

While waiting for the next code update, I replaced the stock start button (came crooked from the factory) with one of my own design.

Very nicely done!

#1959 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

any idea why Stern have gone with a new button on BM66?

Guessing its cheaper than routing a recess in the ply.

#1960 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Was it lit with one of the little rectangular surface mount LED boards?

Not all the parts are shown. All the parts inside the can including the part with the light and electrical switch is essentially the same as earlier Sterns and going back to the 90s BW games. It did have an LED in it but it was esssntially just a replacement for the bulb that would be there in earlier designs.

Quoted from cooked71:

Guessing its cheaper than routing a recess in the ply.

Probably not. The cabinet still needs to be recessed for the newer switch.

#1961 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Not all the parts are shown. All the parts inside the can including the part with the light and electrical switch is essentially the same as earlier Sterns and going back to the 90s BW games. It did have an LED in it but it was esssntially just a replacement for the bulb that would be there in earlier designs.

Probably not. The cabinet still needs to be recessed for the newer switch.

True, but its a single drill through instead of a routed/recessed hole. Agreed, probably not a huge cost saving either way. New button looks cheap IMO, but no big deal.

#1962 7 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the Riddler plastic in the back right corner not sitting flat? I have about an 1/8" gap between it and the ball guide. When I checked it the plastic is sitting on top of the saucer shield. I'm wondering if the shield is getting bent upward by the ball and causing the plastic to bend up. Sorry I dont have a pic handy.

#1963 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Has anyone else noticed the Riddler plastic in the back right corner not sitting flat? I have about an 1/8" gap between it and the ball guide. When I checked it the plastic is sitting on top of the saucer shield. I'm wondering if the shield is getting bent upward by the ball and causing the plastic to bend up. Sorry I dont have a pic handy.

That was a common problem on CFTBL scoops. The metal would eventuall contact the plastic over it and end up scratching the paint off the under side of the it. Pinbits sold a revised deflector made of thicker metal so it wouldn't deform over time. In this era of cost cutting it wouldn't be surprising if the metal is thinner than it should be. Maybe a mod opportunity for a pinside metalsmith.

#1964 7 years ago

Thanks Doc. I just put the green saucer led from Mezel in there and it's really noticeable.

#1965 7 years ago

Has anyone noticed a clear mini post on the Riddler plastic that holds the wireform? mine does;nt have a rubber on it! Should;nt it have one???

#1966 7 years ago

I was poming around with the pinball browser and noticed some callouts I hadnt heard yet. Looks like all the personalized Adam West greetings (and a love message from Burt WRard to his wife) are from 0x56A to 0x5B5. Theybare of Adam saying "<name of SLE owner> Get the bat phone!" I was hoping one of the SLE owners had the same first name as me so I might figure out a way to use the quote on my LE but no such luck.

Can any SLE owners chime in and say if the current code uses this yet? I think its a pretty cool feature but havent heard anyone talk about it much.

#1967 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Has anyone noticed a clear mini post on the Riddler plastic that holds the wireform? mine does;nt have a rubber on it! Should;nt it have one???

Mine doesn't have rubber either. I don't think it's supposed to.

#1968 7 years ago

I received my LE NIB yesterday. Opened it up, marveled at its appearance, set it up, turned it on and watched it power up. Started a game and no spinning from the batphone/tv/batcave. Made noise but no spin. Opened up the game and broken. The game is currently unplayable. I'm waiting to find out how long it will take to get a replacement assembly.

Guess I should have kept my word of no new Sterns until quality has increased.

IMG_4282 (resized).JPGIMG_4282 (resized).JPG

IMG_4283 (resized).JPGIMG_4283 (resized).JPG

IMG_4284 (resized).JPGIMG_4284 (resized).JPG

#1969 7 years ago

Wow that is really shitty!! No excuse for it.

#1970 7 years ago

If games make it to the UK fully functional I will be amazed, these welds breaking on the turntable is a real problem, Stern release there most expensive pin to date and have a real chance to show QC issues have been handle and are top notch, instead they show they are worse than ever and simultaneously push away their most loyal customers

#1971 7 years ago

They will send out new assembly asap

Then you gotta install it. I went through the same thing

#1972 7 years ago

6 days to TPF... hope there's a new Batman66 code update before show

#1973 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They will send out new assembly asap
Then you gotta install it. I went through the same thing

I haven't examined mine. You've probably looked at the assembly a lot closer - how well do you think it's going to hold up over time?

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

6 days to TPF... hope there's a new Batman66 code update before show

Stern Facebook post said there would be.

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern Facebook post said there would be.

Wouldn't it be great for the next update they hit us with 1.00!

#1976 7 years ago

Iceman,AND myself also had this exact same thing! BUT,I forced Stern to SEND a tech to repair my B66 turntable!!Iceman44 is much more skilled than most,so he worked it through with the help of Chaz,at stern!!Call him direct at Stern tech.advice!Do iy NOW!! Don't wait!It was 3 weeks until I got mine working!Good luck!! Also,yes,me as well,no more new Sterns!!!

#1977 7 years ago

That's probably about a year away. Based on his numbering convention, next version will probably be around 0.73
Enjoy the journey you'll have plenty to see in the next version

Quoted from thundergod76:

Wouldn't it be great for the next update they hit us with 1.00!

#1978 7 years ago

I took out the stock card on my Batman 66 and replaced it with a PSA/ DNA certified card signed by Adam West. I then took a blue LED and back lit it.

DSC02542 (resized).JPGDSC02542 (resized).JPG

#1979 7 years ago

does it seem weird that aerosmith is at v1 already?

#1980 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

does it seem weird that aerosmith is at v1 already?

Completely different teams, 1 game was rushed out to meet a party and the other was held back to accommodate it. So... it is what it is.

I won't be happy if I hear Lyman has been pulled off Batman but as long as he's working on it and as long as it meets its potential, we'll end up with a great game.

#1981 7 years ago

Just listened to K-----'s podcast where George Gomez was a guest. Gomez said the next BM66 code update will be Monday or Tuesday. Also said that Lyman is only working on the BM66 code right now and not splitting time between other games.

#1982 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Just listened to K-----'s podcast where George Gomez was a guest. Gomez said the next BM66 code update will be Monday or Tuesday. Also said that Lyman is only working on the BM66 code right now and not splitting time between other games.

Awesome, thanks for the update, fingers crossed its a nice update

#1983 7 years ago

IMO, I think it's silly to try and do an update every 2 weeks.

An update should be released when it's good and ready.

I know I've said it to others, but I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought the Batman LE.

KISS was released May 2015...the cities still do nothing. Let's see when the secondary bad guys do something in Batman.

#1984 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Awesome thanks for posting the info, hopefully George wasn't just spinning more sales talk, if Lyman has been working purely on BM66 code I imagine that's the reason we haven't seen an update in a while, he's probably been working double time to drop a game changing update prior to TPF, he's done similar things with updates in the past.

#1985 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome thanks for posting the info, hopefully George wasn't just spinning more sales talk, if Lyman has been working purely on BM66 code I imagine that's the reason we haven't seen an update in a while, he's probably been working double time to drop a game changing update prior to TPF, he's done similar things with updates in the past.

The 2 major things that haven't been implemented yet are gadgets and sub-villains. Im guessing he's attempting to implement either of those for the next update. Sub-villains are huge. Gadgets not so big, but will probably be important. I'm going with gadgets for the next update.

#1986 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The 2 major things that haven't been implemented yet are gadgets and sub-villains. Im guessing he's attempting to implement either of those for the next update. Sub-villains are huge. Gadgets not so big, but will probably be important. I'm going with gadgets for the next update.

If Lyman has been working on nothing but BM66 as George says then I wouldn't be surprised to see both implemented into code.

It's been just over a month since the last update and something tells me Lyman possibly had those previous couple of updates ready to go and tested prior to releasing them, so he could have been working on this next update longer than just the last four weeks since the last update, either way there is a good chance this next update could be pretty substaintial and a game changer.

#1987 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Lyman has been working on nothing but BM66 as George says then I wouldn't be surprised to see both implemented into code.
It's been just over a month since the last update and something tells me Lyman possibly had those previous couple of updates ready to go and tested prior to releasing them, so he could have been working on this next update longer than just the last four weeks since the last update, either way there is a good chance this next update could be pretty substaintial and a game changer.

Or, it could be Gomez, the originator of "every two weeks" Batman '66 code update statement that never once came to pass, talking out of his butt again.

I like your version better, but remain skeptical. We'll see next week, one way or the other. At least we have that.

#1988 7 years ago

Gadgets at least have SOME use; They 'make' the next shot in 3 of 4 villain modes and award the most valuable shot in Penguin. It's not much, but it's something. I'm not sure there's going to be a lot more too it than that though.

#1989 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I haven't examined mine. You've probably looked at the assembly a lot closer - how well do you think it's going to hold up over time?

Honestly, it's a beast and seems very sturdy. Maybe the issues happened in transit with the pin getting beat up and bounced around? Who knows, but it's worked flawlessly ever since i got the new one installed.

Gotta make sure its leveled properly.

#1990 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree, game changer coming. It's just flipping it around fun time right now. I've put up a couple of huge scores but its meaningless until we get more beef going here.

The shots on this pin feel really good, when Lyman does his thing its gonna be another classic.

#1991 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, game changer coming. It's just flipping it around fun time right now. I've put up a couple of huge scores but its meaningless until we get more beef going here.
The shots on this pin feel really good, when Lyman does his thing its gonna be another classic.

Completely agree!!!...the pin is still oddly fun "as is" for me, maybe because I know what's coming, code wise. I truly believe this is going to be one of the most " pure fun/ nostalgia" pins that will exist. Don't regret my decision to get an LE for a second.

#1992 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Great news!!!

#1993 7 years ago

OK,whats the deal with the $1.00 B66LE,on sale here????

#1994 7 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I took out the stock card on my Batman 66 and replaced it with a PSA/ DNA certified card signed by Adam West. I then took a blue LED and back lit it.

Well that would certainly distract ME when playing in a dark room

#1995 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

While waiting for the next code update, I replaced the stock start button (came crooked from the factory) with one of my own design.

Awesome... I've been working with Terry for weeks to see if a blue or purple button are possible.

#1996 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I know it all too well. I tried to get a part no.

Quoted from BrewinBombers:Gadgets at least have SOME use; They 'make' the next shot in 3 of 4 villain modes and award the most valuable shot in Penguin. It's not much, but it's something. I'm not sure there's going to be a lot more too it than that though.

Thanks, I was unaware... And I bet there will be at least a little more to it. I can envision:
"Gadget animations and sounds added" in a future readme.

#1997 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or, it could be Gomez, the originator of "every two weeks" Batman '66 code update statement that never once came to pass, talking out of his butt again.
I like your version better, but remain skeptical. We'll see next week, one way or the other. At least we have that.

I hate it when you're right.

#1998 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I hate it when you're right.

In this case, I would MUCH rather have been wrong, but "Modern Stern" historical patterns are strong and growing stronger.

For the record, though, I DO believe there will be a drop before TPF later this week. I doubt they want to deal with the heat at TPF if there's no code and we'll be heading into 6 weeks since the last drop by then. Question is, how much will be in there? Given they've missed almost three "Gomez drops", I would hope it's substantially bigger than the 0.68 leap. We'll see.

#1999 7 years ago

code

#2000 7 years ago

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/40?hl=cento and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.