IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 374.
#1851 7 years ago

Thats a great idea. I think I have some black acrylic and I can cut out those wing points. I may have to try that. Thanks

#1852 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thats a great idea. I think I have some black acrylic and I can cut out those wing points. I may have to try that. Thanks

Yes, I think the Bat-a-rang protector needs to be made.............I would be in for one just for the looks. But you need to use the old version.

#1853 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I remade the catwoman ramp cover in flourescent orange and the edge gives a nice glow. I may cut some black vinyl and give it leopard spots but I'm still on the fence about it.

That looks sharp! I wonder if using just the one piece of plastic would be enough?

#1854 7 years ago

Yes, once piece would be plenty but the smaller one is riveted on to the cat entrance plastic and too much of a pain for me to remove.

#1855 7 years ago

#1856 7 years ago

Ah that's right I forgot.

#1857 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Quoted from Manimal:

Yes, I think the Bat-a-rang protector needs to be made.............I would be in for one just for the looks. But you need to use the old version.

That's a great idea! I am getting some quotes for partial (top only) wireforms for the first part of the existing ramps and complete replacement wireforms again with fully enclosed beginnings to do what Stern should have done, but a batarang plasic would also be awesome!

#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Yes, once piece would be plenty but the smaller one is riveted on to the cat entrance plastic and too much of a pain for me to remove.

How does the new plastic protector connect to the cat plastic?

#1859 7 years ago

If you are in the new england area area stop at the North East Comicon in Hanover MA this weekend. Adam West and Burt Ward will be there saturday and sunday. I will have my Batman66 LE there to play with 100% of the coin drop going to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Just finished setting it up right next to the batmobile and the bat cycle.

Come meet the real Batman and Robin and play pinball for a good cause!

rps20170303_171941 (resized).jpgrps20170303_171941 (resized).jpg

#1860 7 years ago

Very cool!

See if you can get a picture of either one playing it ...

If it were my game, I'd get them to personalize and sign the translite.

#1861 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very cool!
See if you can get a picture of either one playing it ...
If it were my game, I'd get them to personalize and sign the translite.

I was trying to decide where to get it signed (if they are willing to). Possible choices would be: translite, speaker panel just below the translite, apron by their heads. I already have both their sigs on a trading card maybe thats enough. I could have them sign my Franchi "Villains" print which is basically the same art he did on the game. I plan on hanging that up next to the game.

I'd really love to get them to play a game with me. Not sure if they would up for that or not.

rps20170303_182035_564 (resized).jpgrps20170303_182035_564 (resized).jpg

#1862 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you are in the new england area area stop at the North East Comicon in Hanover MA this weekend. Adam West and Burt Ward will be there saturday and sunday. I will have my Batman66 LE there to play with 100% of the coin drop going to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Just finished setting it up right next to the batmobile and the bat cycle.

Whose batmobile is it?

#1863 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How does the new plastic protector connect to the cat plastic?

Under the original plastic with slightly longer machine screws. Other than a full wireform it should have been mounted this way originally.

#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are both Adam and Burt there for a autograph session?

#1865 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are both Adam and Burt there for a autograph session?

Yes, autographs and photos and a Q@A.

#1866 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Whose batmobile is it?

Its not one of the 5 Barris ones. I talked to the owner a bit and turns out he used to be a pin head. He had both Elvira games, AFM, and a bunch of others at one point. He enjoyed playing the Batman66 game. Since he does the show circuit I told him he should buy one to bring to the shows to put along side his vehicles for a little extra revenue.

There is another guy who brought the the Bat-Cycle. The cycle itself is a replica but the Robin side car part of it is the original one from the 66 movie. He was gonna bring a replica Bat-Boat as well but it was too big to fit in the door of the venue. The AMC show "Comic Book Men" did a Batman themed show recently and the guy with the Bat-Boat in that episode is the same one here with the Bat-Cycle.

#1867 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Under the original plastic with slightly longer machine screws. Other than a full wireform it should have been mounted this way originally.

So there's the original plastic and the new plastic on there at the same time?

#1868 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was trying to decide where to get it signed

On the translite, right below the bat belts..

#1869 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the translite, right below the bat belts..

Holy signed Bat-Poles !

#1870 7 years ago

Stage 2 beautification initiated... Hemi and I have a master plan. Adam and Burt and the gang will be Gone Fishing for probably about a month, but it'll be worth it. Makes waiting for code easier

IMG_1127.JPGIMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1128.JPGIMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1129.JPGIMG_1129.JPG

#1871 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stage 2 beautification initiated... Hemi and I have a master plan.

Care to share your plan?

#1872 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

So there's the original plastic and the new plastic on there at the same time?

Yes. I guess if you wanted to you could cut the original plastic off just behind the "cat" sign. Not sure removing the rivets on that piece is worth the time or hassle.

#1873 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Care to share your plan?

Black with silver flake:
-speaker panel outer
-custom apron
-ramp wireforms

Yellow with silver flake:
-speaker panel inner
-coin door
-shooter housing
-pf support rails (because why not)

...Added onto my existing yellow/purple/blue accents

#1874 7 years ago

I've been having problems with a sporadic weak right flipper. I posted in Vids thread and am hoping for the best. In the meantime I'm posting this here for BM66 owners. While running a switch test on my flippers I noticed something weird. Notice when I do a switch test on the right flipper. It says "right flipper eos" then when pushed it says "right flipper button". No problem. Now notice when I push the left flipper. It says "left flipper eos" then when pushed it keeps saying "right flipper eos" and NOT "left flipper button". Is this correct? My KISS does not test like this. Could it have something to do with the left flipper being used as a full orbit plunge option? Can any BM66 owners confirm if their machines are testing like this? Thanks!

#1875 7 years ago

I've been having problems with a sporadic weak right flipper. I posted in Vids thread and am hoping for the best. In the meantime I'm posting this here for BM66 owners. While running a switch test on my flippers I noticed something weird. Notice when I do a switch test on the right flipper. It says "right flipper eos" then when pushed it says "right flipper button". No problem. Now notice when I push the left flipper. It says "left flipper eos" then when pushed it keeps saying "right flipper eos" and NOT "left flipper button". Is this correct? My KISS does not test like this. Could it have something to do with the left flipper being used as a full orbit plunge option? Can any BM66 owners confirm if their machines are testing like this? Thanks!
» YouTube video

Not normal. Sounds like you have an EOS switch that needs adjustment or repair.

#1876 7 years ago

On the cabinet flipper button or on the flipper mech itself? Just thought it was weird that the working left flipper is testing flakey and not the right troublesome flipper.

#1877 7 years ago

I had my spring go on the flipper which made it act weird.

#1878 7 years ago

Guess we are due any day for the next code update.

#1879 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had my spring go on the flipper which made it act weird.

A had a flipper spring break on my Batman66 this weekend. First time I've ever seen a spring break. The connecting loop on one end just snapped off. Is that typically seen on Stern machines? It was at a show so I had to improvise a fix by uncoiling the last few turns and making a new connecting loop.

Only other spring break I've had before was this one.

spring_break_pinball_2 (resized).jpgspring_break_pinball_2 (resized).jpg

#1880 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

A had a flipper spring break on my Batman66 this weekend. First time I've ever seen a spring break. The connecting loop on one end just snapped off. Is that typically seen on Stern machines? It was at a show so I had to improvise a fix by uncoiling the last few turns and making a new connecting loop.

Never had a spring break on a Stern before, but have only owned 4.

How was the game received at the show? Did you have the duo autograph the game?

#1881 7 years ago

On the cabinet flipper button or on the flipper mech itself? Just thought it was weird that the working left flipper is testing flakey and not the right troublesome flipper.

Seems like on the flipper mech itself from the problems you describe.

#1882 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

A had a flipper spring break on my Batman66 this weekend. First time I've ever seen a spring break.

You must not own an early Hobbit. Before the upgrade the Hobbit drop targets were breaking springs left and right because they're in motion so much and the initial springs were too lightweight.

#1883 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Guess we are due any day for the next code update.

Next week will be three months since release, and there's only been three code updates so far 0.65, 0.68, 0.69. Lyman is clearly not being allowed to work on this exclusively to get it to 1.00.

#1884 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lyman is clearly not being allowed to work on this exclusively to get it to 1.00.

Or he wants to make sure the next code drop is epic. That's what I'm thinking.

#1885 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what I'm hoping.

Be nice to get some official word from Stern that Lyman will be given the resources to properly finish the game on the company dime.

#1886 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That was exactly what happened to me and exactly how I fixed mine.

#1887 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Given that in the last two months, the code version has advanced .04, I would hope so, but I'm not counting on it.

#1888 7 years ago

hope there's a new code update before TPF

#1889 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How was the game received at the show?

So I brought my Batman66 to the North East comicon in Hanover MA this weekend. This isn't a very big show compared to other comicon's buts in only about 30 miles from my house so I've been a few times in the past. The big draw this year was Adam West and Burt Ward. In addition to them there was going to be the Bat-Cycle, The Bat-Boat, The Batmobile. Since this was going to be a "bat-centric" show I asked the organizer if he would like to have a Batman66 pinball machine there with all the coin drop going to a charity of his choice. He loved the idea and picked the Leonard Zakim Center of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute for a charity.

He setup an area for my machine right next to the Bat-Cycle and the Batmobile. The guy who brought the Bat-Cycle was the same guy that was on Comic Book Men show on AMC a few weeks ago. They did a Batman themed episode and this was same guy who owns the Bat-Boat. Although the Bat-Boat was supposed to be there he later found out that the doors for the venue weren't quite big enough to get it in so the Bat-Boat stayed home for this event. He has a ton of pop culture vehicles he brings all over the country for shows like this. Super nice guy.

Here is my machine getting setup next to the Batmobile.

20170303_153045 (resized).jpg20170303_153045 (resized).jpg

ne_comicon (resized).jpgne_comicon (resized).jpg

#1890 7 years ago

The attendance was really good on Saturday. it dropped off a little on Sunday but was still a lot more people than I expected. Over the two days I had a about 140 total games played. I thought it would have been higher since it seemed to be busier than that. It worked out to be about a game played every 6 to 7 minutes on average which seems pretty decent. By far it was the cheapest entertainment at the show. Lots of people just wanted to look at it and take pictures of it or a picture of them standing next to it.

I brought a belt mounted quarter dispenser which was a good idea since I only had about 5 people over the whole weekend that had 4 quarters with them. Most had dollars and a few had no cash at all and only used plastic. I can see why a change machine, a dollar bill acceptor or a electronic fee acceptor of some kind are absolutely essential for location games.

It was sad to see some people who appeared to be at least in their mid twenties who said they never played pinball. The one thing in common though was that everyone who did play seemed to really enjoy it. I'm glad I brought it and got a chance to share it and raise a few dollars for a good cause. Getting a chance to see Adam and Burt was also a fun.

Here's a pic of my impromptu spring fix after the spring broke. I just uncoiled one end and made a new loop. Worked well for the rest of the day.

I also had a few ball hangups on the upper end of the turntable. Although it was flush in the front it was raised a little in the back. Soft shots to the ball lock could get hung up there. If its hung on the edge the ball search cant always get it out. I had to remove the glass when that happened. I re-leveled it and then it worked fine.

spring (resized).jpgspring (resized).jpg

#1891 7 years ago

Here are some pics from the show. We had everything ranging from purple unicorns to Betelgeuse play the game.

unicorn (resized).jpgunicorn (resized).jpg

beetlejuice (resized).jpgbeetlejuice (resized).jpg

#1892 7 years ago

Adam and Burt did a little Q and A about working on the show.

adam_burt (resized).jpgadam_burt (resized).jpg

#1893 7 years ago

We had a few "mini bat-men" playing. One of them had a classic "WTF ?" moment when he had a straight down the middle drain.

lil_bman1 (resized).jpglil_bman1 (resized).jpg

lil_bman2 (resized).JPGlil_bman2 (resized).JPG

#1894 7 years ago

There was a classic Batman as well, even had his shark repellent with him just in case.

classic_bman (resized).jpgclassic_bman (resized).jpg

#1895 7 years ago

Also had an angry Batman

angry_bman (resized).JPGangry_bman (resized).JPG

#1896 7 years ago

And this Joker showed up.

some_joker (resized).jpgsome_joker (resized).jpg

#1897 7 years ago

Near the end of the show some old guy showed up and wanted to play but he didn't have any quarters. He seemed like a nice enough guy so I let him have a few free games. Not sure why everyone around started taking pics of him playing it. Also not sure why he was calling me "good citizen". He really seemed to enjoy the Catwoman mode and said something about strange stirrings in his utility belt whenever her saw her.

20170304_171629 (resized).jpg20170304_171629 (resized).jpg

coin_up_adam (resized).jpgcoin_up_adam (resized).jpg

the_ream_bman (resized).jpgthe_ream_bman (resized).jpg

the_ream_bman2 (resized).jpgthe_ream_bman2 (resized).jpg

adam_west (resized).JPGadam_west (resized).JPG

#1898 7 years ago

After that another old guy showed up. This "boy-wonder" said he just got his own Batman66 game. He pointed out that he was having trouble with the ball registering when he hit his Riddler scoop on the left orbit shot. I told him a few things to try to help with that. He also wasn't clear on the rules of the game. I ended up removing the glass so I could go through all the shots and shot him what he need to do for each villain. He said his wife plays it too so as I was explaining the game to him he was explaining it to her over the phone. Then he decided to just record me with his phone so he could review it later at home with his wife. When I wasn't looked he left some graffiti on my game apron since the glass was off.

_burt_riddler_scoop (resized).jpg_burt_riddler_scoop (resized).jpg
20170304_173000 (resized).jpg20170304_173000 (resized).jpg
burt_wife_call (resized).jpgburt_wife_call (resized).jpg

graffiti (resized).jpggraffiti (resized).jpg

#1899 7 years ago

That's pretty damn cool.

#1900 7 years ago

Wicked photos and write up. Thanks for sharing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/38?hl=cadmium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.