IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 374.
#18151 11 months ago

Finally got the bat signal projector installed.

1E06F133-8D16-4CAA-83F5-447157DC60CB (resized).jpeg1E06F133-8D16-4CAA-83F5-447157DC60CB (resized).jpeg
#18152 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image]

Wow that’s so cool on high ceilings, looks awesome

#18153 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Beautiful
Welcome to the Batman family!

Awesome, thank you!! Fun title, been eff'n up penguin for the last couple hours.

Nice. I have a similar projector, if not the same. I might move mine to the floor once I get the machine into the game room. I like the bigger bat signal image for sure...

bm66-prem-06 (resized).jpgbm66-prem-06 (resized).jpg
#18154 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wow that’s so cool on high ceilings, looks awesome

Thank you! Yeah it definitely looks great on my high ceiling.

#18155 11 months ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Awesome, thank you!! Fun title, been eff'n up penguin for the last couple hours.

Nice. I have a similar projector, if not the same. I might move mine to the floor once I get the machine into the game room. I like the bigger bat signal image for sure...[quoted image]

I would move the projector lower on the back of the back box in stead of on top.

#18156 11 months ago

My Penguin launcher has failed..... I cansee it trying to launch the ball..... but its hardly moving it. Is there a adjustment or fix or order a part...?

#18157 11 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My Penguin launcher has failed..... I cansee it trying to launch the ball..... but its hardly moving it. Is there a adjustment or fix or order a part...?

Are you talking about the crane motor?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-batman-66-crane-motor.html

#18158 11 months ago

No the launcher that shoots the ball out of the trough

#18159 11 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No the launcher that shoots the ball out of the trough

Problem solved....small screw in there blocking the plunger.... now to find where it came from....lol

#18160 11 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Problem solved....small screw in there blocking the plunger.... now to find where it came from....lol

Awesome news, that's the penguin Vuk. probable a small screw from the crane or maybe a pop bumper

#18161 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Awesome news, that's the penguin Vuk. probable a small screw from the crane or maybe a pop bumper

What is a Vuk??

#18162 11 months ago

Vertical Up Kick

#18163 11 months ago

Keep on the lookout! These are popping up back in limited stocks here and there! They have been in stock and sold out so make sure you keep checking

IMG_7776 (resized).jpegIMG_7776 (resized).jpeg
#18164 11 months ago

Hello team! After installing my Cliffy's, while in multi-ball, it seems that I have been getting more of these double captured balls in the bat signal hole. One is back far enough to not trigger the switch. The second is in far enough to not want to be nudged out (even when smacked by a 3rd ball) but yet not triggering the switch. Anyone else experiencing it? See the pic. Not sure if Cliffy's related, or just coincidence. Granted it's not a huge deal. As soon as I drain the remaining balls, it goes into ball find and pops them out just fine.

20230509_180233 (resized).jpg20230509_180233 (resized).jpg
#18165 11 months ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

Hello team! After installing my Cliffy's, while in multi-ball, it seems that I have been getting more of these double captured balls in the bat signal hole. One is back far enough to not trigger the switch. The second is in far enough to not want to be nudged out (even when smacked by a 3rd ball) but yet not triggering the switch. Anyone else experiencing it? See the pic. Not sure if Cliffy's related, or just coincidence. Granted it's not a huge deal. As soon as I drain the remaining balls, it goes into ball find and pops them out just fine.

Geez thats a pain. I have Cliffy's on my game too and have NOT had this problem. Maybe re-position it over the hole? Or you could just take it out and put mylar in that spot. Being that this is a high traffic spot, i would think waiting for a ball search would really mess up the flow of the game.

#18166 11 months ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

[quoted image]

No problems here.

Looking at the pic on Cliffy's site, maybe, the protector from underneath is sticking up too high and the ball is not rolling forward onto the switch. If you softly roll a ball into the hole, does it roll back forward onto the switch? I suppose it may even be possible that the right side of the scoop has some play and could have shifted towards the center of the hole, causing it to restrict a slow ball roll back to the switch. Just throwing some ideas to check out there.
Untitled 3 (resized).jpgUntitled 3 (resized).jpg

#18167 11 months ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

No problems here.
Looking at the pic on Cliffy's site, maybe, the protector from underneath is sticking up too high and the ball is not rolling forward onto the switch. If you softly roll a ball into the hole, does it roll back forward onto the switch? I suppose it may even be possible that the right side of the scoop has some play and could have shifted towards the center of the hole, causing it to restrict a slow ball roll back to the switch. Just throwing some ideas to check out there.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the thoughts. No real issues with the switch with just a single ball. It only happens in multiball, and I somehow magically get two in quick succession in the left orbit.

#18168 11 months ago

Upgrade time! Thank you Flip N Out

IMG_7984 (resized).jpegIMG_7984 (resized).jpeg
#18169 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

[quoted image]

Reached out to them.... hope that have more....

#18170 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

[quoted image]

I bought a Batman from Flip N Out that already had this apron installed, but I need to find one of these for my Elvira 40th. Once in hand, I’ll use the Batman decal as a template to put some new artwork together for Elvira (since it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting any help from Stern).

#18171 11 months ago

Wanted to show a side by side comparison. The IC one looks more darker in color and it also moved the seizure warning in yellow to the bottom plus they made the Batman logo smaller!

I switched it out but will see, I kinda like them both!
IMG_8067 (resized).jpegIMG_8067 (resized).jpegIMG_8068 (resized).jpegIMG_8068 (resized).jpegIMG_8069 (resized).jpegIMG_8069 (resized).jpegIMG_8070 (resized).jpegIMG_8070 (resized).jpegIMG_8071 (resized).jpegIMG_8071 (resized).jpegIMG_8072 (resized).jpegIMG_8072 (resized).jpegIMG_8082 (resized).jpegIMG_8082 (resized).jpeg

#18172 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Wanted to show a side by side comparison. The IC one looks more darker in color and it also moved the seizure warning in yellow to the bottom plus they made the Batman logo smaller!
I switched it out but will see, I kinda like them both!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why does the size look larger...??

#18173 11 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Ever caught a fish and held it closer to the camera to make it look bigger? I have.

#18174 11 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

They are the same size that’s just the angle of the picture I took

#18175 11 months ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

They are the same size that’s just the angle of the picture I took

Thanks Tony for the comparison photos. Was wondering the difference before making a purchase.

1 week later
#18176 11 months ago

Hi, new owner. My right ramp was a bit loose. Seems like the spade bolt on the right side snapped. I take it this was a the offset one rather than the straight? Has this happened to anyone else? I have a rivet anvil so should be able to reattach or maybe a small bolt and nut?
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Thanks Sutol for helping me out. It is the offset spade bolt. Happened to him as well.

#18177 10 months ago

Whilst checking out the right ramp I found out why the steel flap sits high. With my attachment point broken on the front right the remaining one at the back left when over tightened lifted the front.
1C0A7F9C-1150-49F4-832E-0774C7BD01EE (resized).jpeg1C0A7F9C-1150-49F4-832E-0774C7BD01EE (resized).jpeg

#18178 10 months ago

I just saw a ad for a B66 PRe for 11-5>With topper.Anybode know what the LE are going for??With topper!

#18179 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I just saw a ad for a B66 PRe for 11-5>With topper.Anybode know what the LE are going for??With topper!

If the archived ads are anything to go by, around 19k looks to be the average of asking prices.

#18181 10 months ago

For the Super LE, I seem to recall there were two runs. First one was 30 machines and the second one was 50 machines (or vice versa). How do you tell if a machine was part of the original run or the extended run? Not sure that it matters, just curious.

#18182 10 months ago
Quoted from bjorg:

For the Super LE, I seem to recall there were two runs. First one was 30 machines and the second one was 50 machines (or vice versa). How do you tell if a machine was part of the original run or the extended run? Not sure that it matters, just curious.

The 50 years of Batman (1966 - 2016) and 30 years of Stern (1986 - 2016) were a single run. The plaque on the speaker panel will denote 50th Anniversary with the year, or 30th Anniversary with the year. There were also 240 LEs, 120 Gadgets, and 120 Episodes.

#18183 10 months ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

The 50 years of Batman (1966 - 2016) and 30 years of Stern (1986 - 2016) were a single run. The plaque on the speaker panel will denote 50th Anniversary with the year, or 30th Anniversary with the year. There were also 240 LEs, 120 Gadgets, and 120 Episodes.

Awesome. That's easy to determine. And thanks for correcting my faulty recollection on the production run!

#18184 10 months ago

Anybody have any suggestions - my auto plunge is launching the ball in the air and it’s catching on the wire form ramp. Turning the plunge power down works, but now I can’t get it all the way around. The auto plunger is obviously striking the ball wrong. Is there a way to adjust so it doesn’t send it airborne? Thanks!

#18185 10 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody have any suggestions - my auto plunge is launching the ball in the air and it’s catching on the wire form ramp. Turning the plunge power down works, but now I can’t get it all the way around. The auto plunger is obviously striking the ball wrong. Is there a way to adjust so it doesn’t send it airborne? Thanks!

Have you tried moving the playfield back and forth to align the plunger with the ball?

#18186 10 months ago

So I cannot get my game to update. It pauses for a second at 20, and then at 60 says "unpack failed." What do I do? I've redownloaded the code, reformated the USB to fat 32 a few times. I'm getting stone walled EVERY SINGLE TIME trying to update.

The stupid thing is, I was able to do a quick update before this.... I was getting the SD error, and was told if I did a full update that would work. Well, not my game has no data on it at all and needs an update (full is my only choice it gives me), but I simply cannot proceed.
20230604_213520 (resized).jpg20230604_213520 (resized).jpg

Does this have to do with the SD card for some reason??

#18187 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does this have to do with the SD card for some reason??

I would say Yes. I would try another SD card

#18188 10 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I would say Yes. I would try another SD card

I bought SD card and am getting it Tuesday. I've seen videos where you flash the card on your pc, but, is there a way to put a blank one in and do it that way, or must it be flashed when doing a completely blank card?

#18189 10 months ago

Anyone put pinstadiums in their Batman?

#18190 10 months ago

Oh, yeah, from day one. I have Pin Stadium’s on most of my games, but not all. Batman 66 is one of the darker ones and really pops with Pin Stadium’s. I am also an old guy with crappy eyes.

#18191 10 months ago

Yup Love them

#18192 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I bought SD card and am getting it Tuesday. I've seen videos where you flash the card on your pc, but, is there a way to put a blank one in and do it that way, or must it be flashed when doing a completely blank card?

You need to flash it from your computer and put the new code on it. Putting a blank SD card in wont do anything. Also make sure you are downloading the SD card image and not just the update from Sterns website.

This video should help explain the process:

Let me know if you need anymore help

#18193 10 months ago

How do I do the gadget lock in villain multi ball?

#18194 10 months ago

Im sure this has been asked before but, anyone know the differences in the codes? As far as installing the SLE, LE or premium in your game. I have a premium with a Stern Villain topper with a intergraded Stern Bat signal. I know the SLE has custom call outs but that has to be done from factory right? I guess my question is, Am I going to run into problems if i install the SLE/LE code in my premium and/or if I install the prem code, will I lose my Bat signal? Thanks for any help.

#18195 10 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im sure this has been asked before but, anyone know the differences in the codes? As far as installing the SLE, LE or premium in your game. I have a premium with a Stern Villain topper with a intergraded Stern Bat signal. I know the SLE has custom call outs but that has to be done from factory right? I guess my question is, Am I going to run into problems if i install the SLE/LE code in my premium and/or if I install the prem code, will I lose my Bat signal? Thanks for any help.

They are all the same code.

#18196 10 months ago

I did this instead of buying another apron. Insider connected works great and i got to keep my volume controls

IMG_8913 (resized).JPGIMG_8913 (resized).JPG
#18197 10 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I did this instead of buying another apron. Insider connected works great and i got to keep my volume controls
[quoted image]

That's the only way I'll do IC on a machine not designed with it in the apron.

#18198 10 months ago

Quoted from TrixTrix:They are all the same code.

How does it work with the same code when SLE has specific call outs?

#18199 10 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That's the only way I'll do IC on a machine not designed with it in the apron.

I just bought the updated apron

#18200 10 months ago

Stern's the only company I can think of that pushes out new technology but Never has adequate parts in stock to even install it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/364?hl=steeltigers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.