IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 374.
#17751 1 year ago

I just did the coin door mount, easier and why go through all the headache and then can keep the apron like it is.

#17752 1 year ago

You'd think Stern would have Some stock to satisfy all the BM66 owners who have been waiting months for these. What did they get a crate of 12 aprons? But then again they sell a few thousand of a particular title and make just a couple hundred toppers.

#17753 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just did the coin door mount, easier and why go through all the headache and then can keep the apron like it is.

I struggle with wanting my three Sterns to all look the same (apron QR reader), but if these things end up being impossible to get ahold of I'll probably end up with a coin door mount anyway. It'll bug the shit out of me though, hah.

#17754 1 year ago

newer owner. after the update and I installed a IC I had one game where the turntable stopped moving. So I couldnt hit the phone as it was stuck. I reset the game and all seems to be ok. Is this something that happens here and there? Wondering if its a bug for latest software maybe.

BTW I also did the coindoor mount. I have that on most of my games except the ones like GZ/Rush that came with the apron. I get being anal but I dont mind some being one way and some the other. I prefer the coin door mount for games im retrofitting. But the newer games that had IC in mind with the Apron like GZ look great as well.

#17755 1 year ago

Pretty cool tribute to Lyman in this latest update (I think)!

ED551D48-4E4F-4577-A757-51E2279B08C1 (resized).jpegED551D48-4E4F-4577-A757-51E2279B08C1 (resized).jpeg
#17756 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Pretty cool tribute to Lyman in this latest update (I think)![quoted image]

Awesome and well deserved

#17757 1 year ago

I wasn’t going to update my game but might just for this tribute

#17758 1 year ago

I was curious if anyone with an LE has gameplay video of the topper and the functionality? I understand it is limited but the only time the lights seem to illuminate other than the center bat light is when I sink the first orange light after the start of a mode? The lights function normal in attract mode. I can't recall but I thought they did more when I first purchased the game?

#17759 1 year ago

I have a pinball life volume/headphone control in my coin door and planning on getting the aftermarket mod for the IC to go with it in the same spot. Any one do this? I haven't purchased an IC yet, is it worth it? I like the idea, but I'm not sold yet, and definitely don't plan on adding an aftermarket apron from stern to my game.

#17760 1 year ago

Installing an insider connect on a BM66 LE. There is no free Ethernet port on node board 8. No free Ethernet ports on the backbox board either (at the bottom). Both outside connectors on the bottom go into the cabinet, one goes to the port on node board 8 (the other one makes its way around). The center Ethernet port goes to the topper.

I don’t know enough about a spike system to understand if it operates just like ethernet or what I’m supposed to do now.

What was empty on all of my other sterns on node 8 (that I plugged the QR reader into) is now is a long ethernet cable that runs all the way into the Backbox and I believe into that main board.

Any help appreciated!

#17761 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Installing an insider connect on a BM66 LE. There is no free Ethernet port on node board 8. No free Ethernet ports on the backbox board either (at the bottom). Both outside connectors on the bottom go into the cabinet, one goes to the port on node board 8 (the other one makes its way around). The center Ethernet port goes to the topper.
I don’t know enough about a spike system to understand if it operates just like ethernet or what I’m supposed to do now.
What was empty on all of my other sterns on node 8 (that I plugged the QR reader into) is now is a long ethernet cable that runs all the way into the Backbox and I believe into that main board.
Any help appreciated!

On my factory installed IC for B66 Stern just added a basic 1 to 2 splitter.

AD6D64E6-046D-4A25-ABEF-4FDF352B43B6 (resized).jpegAD6D64E6-046D-4A25-ABEF-4FDF352B43B6 (resized).jpeg
#17762 1 year ago

Anybody know what mod I have here? Came on my LE, but 3d printed bracket broke during shipping. I either need to order a new bracket or 3d print one. I’m a pro at printing things on thingverse, god forbid I have to make my own, but will try if I need to!!! It’s a cool looking helicopter, goes over the left return ramp.

CFB70E68-F0DA-419E-9210-B2342BBEF239 (resized).jpegCFB70E68-F0DA-419E-9210-B2342BBEF239 (resized).jpeg
#17763 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody know what mod I have here? Came on my LE, but 3d printed bracket broke during shipping. I either need to order a new bracket or 3d print one. I’m a pro at printing things on thingverse, god forbid I have to make my own, but will try if I need to!!! It’s a cool looking helicopter, goes over the left return ramp.
[quoted image]

Looks like it's a light up landing pad batcopter. There was also one that had a tiny motor under the blades to make them turn as well. Did it come with any other wiring or just what you see in the pic?

#17764 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

I have the exact same one. I think Mezel Mods did them. There's 4 white lights on the pad and 1 red light on the copter. It was a very short run. I think it was too time consuming to make. I would've gotten the copter with the motor but im too paranoid adding more mods to the already temperamental Spike 2 system.

#17765 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like it's a light up landing pad batcopter. There was also one that had a tiny motor under the blades to make them turn as well. Did it come with any other wiring or just what you see in the pic?

It was just the wiring you saw, which plugs into an LED board right under the area it’s mounted.

#17766 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I have the exact same one. I think Mezel Mods did them. There's 4 white lights on the pad and 1 red light on the copter. It was a very short run. I think it was too time consuming to make. I would've gotten the copter with the motor but im too paranoid adding more mods to the already temperamental Spike 2 system.

I guess I just need to figure out how to 3-D print that mount or make a metal one.

#17767 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

On my factory installed IC for B66 Stern just added a basic 1 to 2 splitter.
[quoted image]

I got the splitter, but can’t figure out how to plug it in so that all the node boards work. On the three plugs on the splitter could you let me know where each one goes?

#17768 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I got the splitter, but can’t figure out how to plug it in so that all the node boards work. On the three plugs on the splitter could you let me know where each one goes?

Sadly my machine is packed up to move right now. That was a picture I had from awhile back so I can’t crack it open to look right now.

#17769 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Sadly my machine is packed up to move right now. That was a picture I had from awhile back so I can’t crack it open to look right now.

No worries, somewhere I would think there should be some official instructions for this. I can’t be the first person trying to put insider on a Batman. I’ve tried about everything on the ports on node board eight. All configurations and none of them work, All have node board failures.

#17770 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

No worries, somewhere I would think there should be some official instructions for this. I can’t be the first person trying to put insider on a Batman. I’ve tried about everything on the ports on node board eight. All configurations and none of them work, All have node board failures.

I assume you are already running the latest code?

#17771 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

First, make sure you are on one of the last two levels of code. Turn off the game.

Then it shouldn’t matter which node you plug the splitter in. Just move the cable from the output of the board you want to use the splitter on to one of the two output ports on the splitter and plug the single side into the port you just took the cable out of. Run a straight cable from the remaining port to the IC board. Power up and you should be set.

#17772 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

First, make sure you are on one of the last two levels of code. Turn off the game.
Then it shouldn’t matter which node you plug the splitter in. Just move the cable from the output of the board you want to use the splitter on to one of the two output ports on the splitter and plug the single side into the port you just took the cable out of. Run a straight cable from the remaining port to the IC board. Power up and you should be set.

Yes! And you should also see it do a node board update at boot.

#17773 1 year ago

Going to be listing my Batman 66 premium loaded loaded up! Chicago area! I am not leaving the club just want to upgrade to and LE

#17774 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Yes! And you should also see it do a node board update at boot.

then what I've done should work. on 1.07, and it did update the NODE boards when it recognized the scanner (on one of the configurations), but even then, there was a node error on another one of the boards.

Maybe I have an old crossover cable screwing something up. I'll play around some more, and if it doesn't work, trace my node RJ45's and see if something isn't kosher.

#17775 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

then what I've done should work. on 1.07, and it did update the NODE boards when it recognized the scanner (on one of the configurations), but even then, there was a node error on another one of the boards.
Maybe I have an old crossover cable screwing something up. I'll play around some more, and if it doesn't work, trace my node RJ45's and see if something isn't kosher.

Topper board has an extra port on it that was open, hadn't seen that before. Plugged in there and it works, no splitting necessary. Now just need a 10-foot cable, but in business.

#17776 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Topper board has an extra port on it that was open, hadn't seen that before. Plugged in there and it works, no splitting necessary. Now just need a 10-foot cable, but in business.

Man sorry it has been such a pain. Glad you are at least finding options.

#17777 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Man sorry it has been such a pain. Glad you are at least finding options.

What fun is pinball when everything works the first time. lol.

Different note - what's everybody doing about the batmobile coming flying off? Loctite, or did I hear that Stern may have issued a fix?

#17778 1 year ago

Figured it out.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLWK6SV
This splitter does not work. It wouldn't even work just inline (with one device plugged in).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0069LVUPS
This one worked with one device, but not the second, because wait for it, bad ethernet cable (not even crossover just bad) on the second device. Ugh.

I'm good to go, should have tried that from the beginning. But I learned something!

#17779 1 year ago

Hello BM66 fans!

I wish there would be a 3D printed mod of the three Batman lane inserts and the flashing big one above on the backboard.

I think it would be a great optical enhancement for the game.

The 3D printed (& afterwards painted) house brings much more „visual deepness“ to the game. So would do the 4 inserts too.

Is there anyone out there who can do this?

It must be a easy thing to do for the mod community.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#17780 1 year ago

In case anyone is needing any turntable parts or the turntable node board; https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141163

#17781 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Don't know if it's been said, but I ordered the apron from Stern and it came with an Ethernet splitter and a special instruction book. I've attached the page talking about the splitter.

Hope this helps someone.

PXL_20220824_203910665 (resized).jpgPXL_20220824_203910665 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#17782 1 year ago

How many of you were able to get a apron? I feel like Stern didn't make very many of them. Has anyone heard they're making more? This doesn't seem similar to a topper where there is some exclusivity, I'd think Stern would want everyone to have these.

#17783 1 year ago

Sorry if a dumb question here but I have an LE w/topper that I just picked up, how do I project the bat signal on the ceiling? Somebody told me it was a mod, but it sure looks like there is a projector built into the topper. Can’t find anything about a topper in settings. What might I be missing?

The topper has a light (pictured, no bat signal in there though!), and came with a lens (also pictured).

Edit - upon further inspection it looks like I have a mod. I guess the only thing I’m missing is the actual bat shape, so I can 3-D print that and cover the light.

Edit 2 - that clear lens has a bat in it. Solved!

0F9FA879-9108-4E0B-9DF0-A834B1BEB639 (resized).jpeg0F9FA879-9108-4E0B-9DF0-A834B1BEB639 (resized).jpeg7DA088DD-940C-4552-8595-1361747ED09E (resized).jpeg7DA088DD-940C-4552-8595-1361747ED09E (resized).jpeg
#17784 1 year ago

Hello fellow pinheads...

First post for me. Pinside is a great community and filled with useful information. Glad to be here.

Having a weird issue with my Batman 66 premium...after machine boots and I go into turntable test, the arm that rotates the Geneva wheel is turning the wrong direction. The arm hits the Geneva wheel and, of course, gets stuck and then turns the right way to spin the turntable. After this happens one time, everything functions as it should. This happens only right after turning the machine on. Any ideas? Thanks!

#17785 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlaneDrain:

Hello fellow pinheads...
First post for me. Pinside is a great community and filled with useful information. Glad to be here.
Having a weird issue with my Batman 66 premium...after machine boots and I go into turntable test, the arm that rotates the Geneva wheel is turning the wrong direction. The arm hits the Geneva wheel and, of course, gets stuck and then turns the right way to spin the turntable. After this happens one time, everything functions as it should. This happens only right after turning the machine on. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry I am no help with this.

#17786 1 year ago

Any of those repo toppers avail? Or heroes and villains?

#17787 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Any of those repo toppers avail? Or heroes and villains?

PM sent

#17788 1 year ago

Found these pieces in the shop. Are they for BM66 ?
They’re yellow. The scalloped one looks like a fit. The little one is odd
Thanks for any info

459E3F95-C12A-4571-8C7D-A76652490A73 (resized).jpeg459E3F95-C12A-4571-8C7D-A76652490A73 (resized).jpeg5BD973FD-1B4A-4951-A7E7-C4584EA6238B (resized).jpeg5BD973FD-1B4A-4951-A7E7-C4584EA6238B (resized).jpeg
#17789 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlaneDrain:

Hello fellow pinheads...

Working as designed?

#17790 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Found these pieces in the shop. Are they for BM66 ?
They’re yellow. The scalloped one looks like a fit. The little one is odd
Thanks for any info
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pop bumper dress up kit. They mount under the existing plastics and have a flourescent glow along its edges.

#17791 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pop bumper dress up kit. They mount under the existing plastics and have a flourescent glow along its edges.

Who sells these?

#17792 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Who sells these?

Mr. Docquest himself!

#17793 1 year ago

Where can you get the lockdown bar bay selector sticker?

#17794 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Where can you get the lockdown bar bay selector sticker?

I'm not sure where you can get the original decal but if you are looking to improve upon that, I highly recommend Chrome Candy's metal emblem. Its a HUGE improvement over the stock vinyl decal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/01719-flying-mammal-emblem

#17795 1 year ago

Is it normal for the turntable to be slow sometimes when the bat phone is ringing? It will start ringing but is towards the back or side. Have to wait 5-10 seconds it feels like sometimes for it to rotate around to the front, where I then hit it.

#17796 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Is it normal for the turntable to be slow sometimes when the bat phone is ringing? It will start ringing but is towards the back or side. Have to wait 5-10 seconds it feels like sometimes for it to rotate around to the front, where I then hit it.

Don’t know how you’d change or fix that, but that seems quite long. I’ve been starting most games with Penguin lately and the small delay between the Penguin VUK to ramp to flipper will have the phone in position, maybe 3 seconds tops.

#17797 1 year ago

I was just crushing a game and the animations started getting choppy then the game reset. Anyone ever had that happen or have any idea why that would happen? first time having this happen on a stern and wonder what the fixes are for it.

#17798 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I was just crushing a game and the animations started getting choppy then the game reset. Anyone ever had that happen or have any idea why that would happen? first time having this happen on a stern and wonder what the fixes are for it.

Looks like a new code released today that fixes this issue! Happened to me as well a week or so ago, the one time

#17799 1 year ago

I had it happen once with that 1.07 code, so hopefully this fix addresses whatever it was.

#17800 1 year ago

What are the must have mods for this? Also if anyone has any version of the LE topper or Heroes and Villians for sale hit me up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/356?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.