PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 373.
#17701 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

I don't think it is. Adjust slope of machine?

I have adjusted the slope up and down 20 different times it didn't make any difference.

#17702 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

Has anyone had issues with the allignment of the Crain? The ball was outside of the circle targets. I aligned it underneath moving the bracket . Now on the crane is aligned correctly over the circles. But on the way back on the last two circles it's still out to the right a little. Any idea why?
[quoted image]

Crane will line up both directions over the lights if you set all crane setting numbers to zero.

#17703 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Crane will line up both directions over the lights if you set all crane setting numbers to zero.

is that in the game settings? i was told by sterns it's physical adjustment

#17704 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

is that in the game settings? i was told by sterns it's physical adjustment

It’s in the game settings, not physical setting. Go into menu, then ADJ, then game, then feature adjustment #174 and set “Penguin Motor LAG to “0”. Not sure why Stern didn’t program this at zero to begin with. I set mine to zero years ago, making the crane ball line up right over each umbrella light going either direction.

173DCC06-C01E-43C5-A6D4-11B73149C85C (resized).jpeg173DCC06-C01E-43C5-A6D4-11B73149C85C (resized).jpeg

#17705 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s in the game settings, not physical setting. Go into menu, then ADJ, then game, then feature adjustment #174 and set “Penguin Motor LAG to “0”. Not sure why Stern didn’t program this at zero to begin with. I set mine to zero years ago, making the crane ball line up right over each umbrella light going either direction.
[quoted image]

The lag adjustment didn’t do much for me. There is a post that deals with the crane adjustment screw.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/264#post-4975417

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/264#post-4975947

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/264#post-4976302

#17706 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

The lag adjustment didn’t do much for me. There is a post that deals with the crane adjustment screw.

The lag adjustment to 0 didn't change anything for me either. I will have to look through the links you shared as the crane always works as expected going left to each insert center. It is noticeably off on the right of each insert when moving right. (easy for me to say)

#17707 1 year ago

On the crane topic… is there a way to adjust it so it’s a little more sensitive? I have to hit it bang on the middle at absolute max speed or won’t register! A little too hard in my opinion. Thanks

#17708 1 year ago

If anyone can please elaborate on the crane fix. ie the ball doesn't line up with the inserts. The lag function doesn't do anything on my machine, I can't understand the opto flag adjustment that was posted above.

#17709 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

On the crane topic… is there a way to adjust it so it’s a little more sensitive? I have to hit it bang on the middle at absolute max speed or won’t register! A little too hard in my opinion. Thanks

Occasionally clean the contact ring with an alcohol wipe, where the ball swing arm contacts inside the metal crane ring. That will improve sensitivity. The contact ring gets dirty, then becomes ever harder to register.

#17710 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I have adjusted the slope up and down 20 different times it didn't make any difference.

i'm not sure then.

Quoted from rai:

If anyone can please elaborate on the crane fix. ie the ball doesn't line up with the inserts. The lag function doesn't do anything on my machine, I can't understand the opto flag adjustment that was posted above.

I'll post more when I know more, I'm still working with Stern on this. The penguin adjustment has not worked in the opto. Physical adjustment has not entirely fixed the problem.

#17711 1 year ago

Good luck and please keep us updated.

#17712 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/264#post-4976302

Loosen the screw shown and slide the metal piece forward or backward slightly. It takes a bit of trial and error. Take a photo before moving it so you know where it is.

Basically the tab that hangs over tells the machine where the crane is based on what opto beam is being broken. The tab breaks the beam (like when a ball breaks an opto beam) and there is an opto for each insert above the machine. You move it forward or backwards to break the beam earlier or later. Make sense? The opto lag adjustment tells the machine how long to wait once the beam is broken to stop the motor.

#17713 1 year ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Loosen the screw shown and slide the metal piece forward or backward slightly. It takes a bit of trial and error. Take a photo before moving it so you know where it is.
Basically the tab that hangs over tells the machine where the crane is based on what opto beam is being broken. The tab breaks the beam (like when a ball breaks an opto beam) and there is an opto for each insert above the machine. You move it forward or backwards to break the beam earlier or later. Make sense? The opto lag adjustment tells the machine how long to wait once the beam is broken to stop the motor.

Thanks will give this a try!!!!!!!!!

#17714 1 year ago

Can someone please explain the ways to get an extra ball! I know there the one when you lock up 2 villains but I remember my son received an extra ball early on in the game some how

#17715 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Can someone please explain the ways to get an extra ball! I know there the one when you lock up 2 villains but I remember my son received an extra ball early on in the game some how

Combos are another way.

#17716 1 year ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Combos are another way.

And if you haven't turned it off in settings, it's also a mystery award to light extra ball.

#17717 1 year ago

Isn’t there a crane calibration in menu? Have you tried that?

#17718 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Isn’t there a crane calibration in menu? Have you tried that?

Wow.. bit late to the party on that issue.. not sure what happens there. For a while the crane issue was the last post

#17719 1 year ago

Any one have any idea what may be the cause of this issue with my Villain Vision screen. Is it likely just a connection or could it be the screen itself?

339E6348-7174-4C18-94C8-E86176EAAC06 (resized).jpeg339E6348-7174-4C18-94C8-E86176EAAC06 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#17720 1 year ago

Anybody have any idea when the Insider Connected retrofit kits are gonna be available? Surprised (but also not) that it’s taking so long…

#17721 1 year ago
Quoted from Jasonba:

Any one have any idea what may be the cause of this issue with my Villain Vision screen. Is it likely just a connection or could it be the screen itself?
[quoted image]

Try reseating the connector but could be something torn on the ribbon cable itself. The screen is cheap - I’d replace it if you don’t see anything wrong with the connection.

See for part numbers and tear down: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/319#post-5717911

#17722 1 year ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Try reseating the connector but could be something torn on the ribbon cable itself. The screen is cheap - I’d replace it if you don’t see anything wrong with the connection before tackling the node board.

See for part numbers and tear down: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/319#post-5717911

#17723 1 year ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Try reseating the connector but could be something torn on the ribbon cable itself. The screen is cheap - I’d replace it if you don’t see anything wrong with the connection.

Thanks,

I have reseated the connection and seems to be working ok at the moment. Might get a new screen just in case.

1 week later
#17724 1 year ago

Hi ,

today i launch the game and node 8 error appear
Also when i check the technical error , node 8 error AND node 24 error ??

What should i check first ? CAn the 2 node be out the same day

Thanks for help

Added 19 months ago:

And how to know which node is bad ? 8 A 8 B ?? Thanks

#17725 1 year ago

So Im finally joining the BM66 clubs as Ive wanted the game a long time. Getting a 2018 game. What are the essential mods for this game? Any consensus on that and hopefully most are still available! already has art blades and shaker and I have a sheet of invisiglass.

Only thing I know im going to do is add an Inisder connected kit on coin door.

#17726 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So Im finally joining the BM66 clubs as Ive wanted the game a long time. Getting a 2018 game. What are the essential mods for this game? Any consensus on that and hopefully most are still available! already has art blades and shaker and I have a sheet of invisiglass.
Only thing I know im going to do is add an Inisder connected kit on coin door.

the 5 piece sling protectors from Mezel Mods for me ,the colored ones look great and block some of the extremely bright lights coming from that area.

#17727 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

It’s a big list of mods to tackle. Batman66 has the best mods out there. I got most of them
Essentials:
The Atomic pile
Batphone + Shakespeare bust
The Batcopter
The Batsignal
Siren Covers (slings)
Great ones:
3D Cats
Backboard building
Gotham City Sign
Batman 66 Custom Eaglemoss/Hot Wheels Universal Plate Mod Kit
Batcave spinner upgrade kit
Penguin Umbrella
Parachute Pickup Van
Speaker Light kit w/bats
The like the limited Stern Art blades. The stern batsignal projector is cool too because it’s interactive with the game. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

see this post for a great list of mods with photos

#17728 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

see this post for a great list of mods with photos

thanks. yea I always get fluroscent protectors as they look so damn cool. bought some of these just now. thanks!

#17729 1 year ago

Just got my premium set up and waxed and all that. A few questions. It seems to be on default settings but holy crap it gave me a lot of extra balls. I believe i got 3. At least 2. Is this game very giving with extra balls or is that something that will change as I score higher?

Second. Yea ive gotten some stuck balls in the big round area. Anyway thats best to make that happen less? Im level at 6.5. Im thinking of just giving myself more nudges per ball just in case i need to shake the machine a bit

#17730 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yea ive gotten some stuck balls in the big round area. Anyway thats best to make that happen less?

Replace the big round area with an iPad?

#17731 1 year ago

JJP beat you to it and already did the giant screen trick on TS4…lol.

Welcome to the Bat66 club!

#17732 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Second. Yea ive gotten some stuck balls in the big round area. Anyway thats best to make that happen less? Im level at 6.5. Im thinking of just giving myself more nudges per ball just in case i need to shake the machine a bit

Make sure the turntable itself is level. Otherwise balls will get stuck quite a bit.

#17733 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Replace the big round area with an iPad?

heh. Ill just give myself another nudge per ball to be ready. The extra balls question. Is it typically a lot of extra balls in this game kind of like AIQ?

#17734 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

heh. Ill just give myself another nudge per ball to be ready. The extra balls question. Is it typically a lot of extra balls in this game kind of like AIQ?

Most I think I have had is 4 balls at one time.... only after 3 are locked....

#17735 1 year ago

Hrm. Now when trying to update the code to latest its stuck in an endless loop. Goes from game code update resuming…to stern pinball logo….back to game code update resuming.

Never seen this before. At what point do i just shut the machine down?

#17736 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Hrm. Now when trying to update the code to latest its stuck in an endless loop. Goes from game code update resuming…to stern pinball logo….back to game code update resuming.
Never seen this before. At what point do i just shut the machine down?

If it loops >2x, shutdown. Could just burn a new SD card image and swap cards.

#17737 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If it loops >2x, shutdown. Could just burn a new SD card image and swap cards.

yea. im formatting the usb right now and loading the update files up again to try another time. If not will do the SD card. Never had to do that. Is the full image available on sterns site?

#17738 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

yea. im formatting the usb right now and loading the update files up again to try another time. If not will do the SD card. Never had to do that. Is the full image available on sterns site?

I think it's better to just rewrite the sd card. For example, I had an issue with JP where the audits were not updating at all. Once I re-wrote the sd card it was fine.

Rob

#17739 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Hi mate,
Yes it's easy to get extra balls. You get one when you complete your first 2 main villains, and you get one when you have done 20 combos. You get another if you reach 50 combos and you can get one - rarely though - from the mystery award. Hope that helps!

#17740 1 year ago

New Game Code ! (Mainly Home Team feature)

V1.07.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================

- Game changes
- Added Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play, Home Team may be enabled via
Standard Adjust #51 or within Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's location by enabling the
Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game. Players need only be added once to the Home Team.
Players can be later removed from the Home Team, and guests may be temporarily added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Added Game Mode menu
- Added DJ Mixer
- Added SLE speech.
- Default AD_CREDIT_PRICING_WITH_FREE_PLAY to NO

- System changes
- Updated to System 3.19
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.0.0

- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.

- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.

- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some
instances.

- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.

- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.

- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.

- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count

- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".

- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".

- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0

- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.

- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.

- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

#17741 1 year ago

What is game mode menu?

#17742 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is game mode menu?

I think that's referring to the attract mode options you can choose from like "DJ Mixer" or "Challenge Mode" or "Standard Play" or "Tournament Play," similar to what the more recent machines/code releases have. Now that DJ Mixer exists, I guess Batman needed the game mode menu as well.

Related: Anybody heard anything on the IC Retrofit kits for BM66 yet? Still on a list for one with Flip'N'Out but haven't heard any news on expected availability.

#17743 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Related: Anybody heard anything on the IC Retrofit kits for BM66 yet? Still on a list for one with Flip'N'Out but haven't heard any news on expected availability.

Batman66 has such a cool apron with the trading card mount and full sticker on metal frame, I'd leave it as is and get a pro scanner and the coin door mount kit

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount/page/3#post-7037632

#17744 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Batman66 has such a cool apron with the trading card mount and full sticker on metal frame, I'd leave it as is and get a pro scanner and the coin door mount kit
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount/page/3#post-7037632

I might do this if it takes a long time for the premium kits to become available.. but tbh I kind of like the way the final run of BM66 Premiums came from the factory-- doesn't feel like too much is being sacrificed (to me) to make the space for the QR reader.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17745 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I might do this if it takes a long time for the premium kits to become available.. but tbh I kind of like the way the final run of BM66 Premiums came from the factory-- doesn't feel like too much is being sacrificed (to me) to make the space for the QR reader.[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting timing, they just added these to the Stern Shop a few minutes ago. Saw the SW Prem/LE on there as well:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/batman-66-replacement-arch

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17746 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Saw the SW Prem/LE on there as well

I wonder why the Star Wars arch doesn't come with a one-piece-covers-all sticker like Batman has.

#17747 1 year ago

Wow! That really sucks.. got to buy a Insider kit,
Where you get an apron… and then buy a Batman/ Starwars apron as well..

That is taking the piss!

#17748 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Wow! That really sucks.. got to buy a Insider kit,
Where you get an apron… and then buy a Batman/ Starwars apron as well..
That is taking the piss!

I think the Premium IC Upgrade kit ($199 - https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/insider-connected-upgrade-kit-premium) includes everything *but* the apron (because most prem/LE titles already have the window in the apron for you to mount it to).. It's just the Batman 66, Star Wars, and I think EHOH aprons that need to be replaced entirely due to their layout lacking an IC spot.

Still disappointed at the total cost being so high for BM66, though. Would have liked to see a package deal for those specific machines with some of the unnecessary bits removed to save some $$.

EDIT: Thought maybe the "Pro" kit might be an option, but it's also $199, so no difference really... That one includes the plastic apron since the Pro's didn't have the spot for it on their aprons either.

I guess I don't get why you can't buy a BM66 retrofit kit that includes the metal apron and just the stuff you need for IC to go along with it. Would have liked to see that priced as $199 + $50 or something, instead of $199 + $129...

#17749 1 year ago

Aprons are already out of stock. Way to go Stern

#17750 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Aprons are already out of stock. Way to go Stern

Lol! I had it in my cart to think about it. Ran a quick errand and they were gone. Guess I’ll look at another option if I decide to use IC. Still on the fence because of the size changes to the player scores which I’m sure would bug me.

It’s the DJ Mixer I really want though …

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/355 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.