IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 374.
#17651 1 year ago

Looking to buy a set of the inside art blades with the BM characters. Not the "crash" "pow" art blades. Let me know if you have a set to sell.

Thank you.

#17652 1 year ago

Hi ,

Got a little problem with my ball lock.

When i play , sometimes the ball lock 1 reject the ball from lock. It doesnt lock, the turntable turn and release the ball !

Sometimes the ball 2 and 3 get lock alone without the ball when the pinball shake !

I check the 3 switch, they all respond ok to the switch test.

What can i do ?

Thanks a lot

Beastmaster

#17653 1 year ago

Hi , i came back home and i lift up thé métal part of the switch , it looks now upper than before. Will see if it works.

#17654 1 year ago

After 8 play, the 2nd lock lock Again alone when i Was in villain mode....

Strange issue .... if someone has thé issue or is it normal ? Thanks

#17655 1 year ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi , Got a little problem with my ball lock.

Is this a 1 person or 2 person game as the ball lock behaves differently?

#17656 1 year ago

Hi , its a 1 person per game. Solo

I see the ball lock 2 , à lot of time when i send the ball to the minor villain , it sans ball 2 lock and i chose the minor.

Thanks

#17657 1 year ago

The ball lock can only physically hold 3 balls so with multiple players the game keeps track via software how many balls each player has locked. However, in a solo game all three balls should register as they're captured in the ball lock. Pull the glass and manually drop three balls in the lock to see if you have an issue and go from there in your diagnosis.

#17658 1 year ago

Hey all,

I'm the (very happy) owner of a Dec 21' BM66 that I literally got to take out of the box this week. I've been reading through this thread and others, but tl;dr - node board 10 isn't being detected on boot. I've reseated all ethernet and other connections in on the playfield and in the headbox, which fixed three other boards it was complaining about, but 10 is still showing dead.

Since I assume regardless if it's a connection or the board, I need to take apart the turntable assembly? Does anyone have a link to instructions or better yet a video on how to do this safely/sanely? I was not able to find anything specific to removing the mechanism.

Any help appreciated! (If you do pinball repairs in the twin cities area, let me know. )

#17659 1 year ago

My latest video which might be of interest to some of you fellow BM66 enthusiasts

#17660 1 year ago
Quoted from raindog151:

Hey all,
I'm the (very happy) owner of a Dec 21' BM66 that I literally got to take out of the box this week. I've been reading through this thread and others, but tl;dr - node board 10 isn't being detected on boot. I've reseated all ethernet and other connections in on the playfield and in the headbox, which fixed three other boards it was complaining about, but 10 is still showing dead.
Since I assume regardless if it's a connection or the board, I need to take apart the turntable assembly? Does anyone have a link to instructions or better yet a video on how to do this safely/sanely? I was not able to find anything specific to removing the mechanism.
Any help appreciated! (If you do pinball repairs in the twin cities area, let me know. )

Yes I have the same issue and when the new Node 10 turns up in the post I will have to figure out the best way of taking the turntable apart and installing it. If anyone has any tips/advice, that would be very appreciated!

#17661 1 year ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Yes I have the same issue and when the new Node 10 turns up in the post I will have to figure out the best way of taking the turntable apart and installing it. If anyone has any tips/advice, that would be very appreciated!

I had my Node 10 go out after 1 week when I bought new 3 years ago. I don't remember much about replacing it other than it was a bear to do (I remember it taking about an hour and a half, with most of the time jockeying the boards around). Stern tech support should be able to guide you, but maybe if I look at it again it'll come back.

One other thing: it is VERY IMPORTANT that the switches on the new board are set into the correct position BEFORE you put the board in. You don't want to go through all of that and then it doesn't work because the switches are wrong.

#17662 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

One other thing: it is VERY IMPORTANT that the switches on the new board are set into the correct position BEFORE you put the board in. You don't want to go through all of that and then it doesn't work because the switches are wrong.

great advice, thank you!

#17663 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

I have a 2 week old BM 66and the turntable was binding on something where it would not turn. After multiple inspections and multiple frustrations with calls to pinball friends, I discovered a plastic piece holding the lane diverter had come unscrewed. Sure enough both red screws had fallen out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought I was nuts! I just saw GranpaDave posting a few years ago and I had the exact same thing happen! Both red screws were at the bottom of my cabinet. When I finally figured out what was obstructing my turntable, I put the screws in the diverter and they just sunk in with no friction. I had to re-install the diverter with slightly larger screws. Now my diverter won't stay open. It quickly whips open and then closed. I can't access the ball lock feature. Your help is kindly requested.

#17664 1 year ago

So is Batman retired? I see Stern moved it to the archive page.
I guess it isn’t going back on the production line this year after all.

#17665 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I believe what was said and I cannot recall by whom, They are now officially done with BM66. I remember seeing this a few months ago.

#17666 1 year ago

Yes, since December. A small Premium run with the IC scanners.

#17667 1 year ago

It's probably time. I just don't see much talk or demand for the game.

Rob

#17668 1 year ago

Well I am elated to say that they have finally come home!

20220519_201122 (resized).jpg20220519_201122 (resized).jpg
#17669 1 year ago

Hello ! I don't suppose that there is a way to downgrade my Batman 66 SLE back to 1.05 ? I'm not liking 1.06 very much

I gonna say - no you can't... but maybe someone know how

Thanks !!!!

#17670 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinboy:

Hello ! I don't suppose that there is a way to downgrade my Batman 66 SLE back to 1.05 ? I'm not liking 1.06 very much
Thanks !!!!

I almost upgraded mine tonight from 1.05. I've only had a dozen games on it and don't have a clue of the rules yet but what is it that you don't like about 1.06?

Short of booting up tob1.05 and seeing if it will recognize as an 'upgrade' to start the install, you might want to call stern support to ask about a downgrade. The main question that I would have is what is the impact on your node boards as I think that the software/firmware is updated on each node board with each code release. Not sure how a downgrade would affect those.

#17671 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinboy:

Thanks !!!!

Actually, it's not all that difficult to downgrade back to 1.05.

Of course, you will need an image of 1.05 (if you don't already have one on file somewhere, someone here on Pinside will have it.). Then just burn the image to a new SD card and pop it in, and you're good to go. Although I have not personally done this with 1.05 (I never upgraded to 1.06), I have done this with prior codes for this and other Stern machines in the past with no issues. (As an example, I had used different music mixes using PinBrowser for my Beatles, which utilized different prior versions of code. No worries at all.)

One thing that I always have done; whenever a new code was posted on Stern's website, I always downloaded a file of it to my computer and kept it on a hard drive or two, just to have in case things went bad down the line. This way, I always had the code on file as a backup.

#17672 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing your downgrade experience with me I have the download files for 1.05, but I do not have the SD card image (are they different - I think they are). Can anyone help me locate the 1.05 "image" so I can burn an SD card ? I would greatly appreciate it . PLEASE !!!!

Hmmmmm. well one of the things I "hate" it the startup menu - that is used for the connectivity kit, which I will never use. There also seems to be a few new "features", some acting a little weird, and honestly... I'd rather have the unadulterated Lyman code on my SLE.

Thanks PinPals

#17673 1 year ago
Quoted from Sapper17:

I thought I was nuts! I just saw GranpaDave posting a few years ago and I had the exact same thing happen! Both red screws were at the bottom of my cabinet. When I finally figured out what was obstructing my turntable, I put the screws in the diverter and they just sunk in with no friction. I had to re-install the diverter with slightly larger screws. Now my diverter won't stay open. It quickly whips open and then closed. I can't access the ball lock feature. Your help is kindly requested.

Did you fix this? I had some diverter issues, but this was later on and the diverter was scraping on the playfield. With close to 6,000 plays, the game is dialed in and working great.

#17674 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinboy:

Thanks for sharing your downgrade experience with me I have the download files for 1.05, but I do not have the SD card image (are they different - I think they are). Can anyone help me locate the 1.05 "image" so I can burn an SD card ? I would greatly appreciate it . PLEASE !!!!
Hmmmmm. well one of the things I "hate" it the startup menu - that is used for the connectivity kit, which I will never use. There also seems to be a few new "features", some acting a little weird, and honestly... I'd rather have the unadulterated Lyman code on my SLE.
Thanks PinPals

Remove the micro SD card from the CPU board. This was previously used for the custom callout in the SLE - but now the custom callout is part of the 1.06 code. Once removed it will stop doing the new game setup on every boot.

#17675 1 year ago

Speaking of code 1.05 is there anyone who has created a worthy sound upgrade with Pinball Browser?

#17676 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Remove the micro SD card from the CPU board. This was previously used for the custom callout in the SLE - but now the custom callout is part of the 1.06 code. Once removed it will stop doing the new game setup on every boot.

Awesome !!! Thank You !

#17677 1 year ago

I’m trying to figure out where the full orbit plunge shot is supposed to land.

Mine lands directly on the left slingshot not the left flipper. I’ve adjusted the height up and down and it’s always the same.

#17678 1 year ago

Is stern working on an IC kit for Batman LE that cannot accommodate the scanner in the existing apron? Yes I'm aware of the coin door and magnetic alternatives available but want to know if we're getting something from stern.

Thanks Martin

#17679 1 year ago

I have a question about the plunge shot. My plunger looks to hit the ball in the center but the ball often rattles its way out to the orbit. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I know that I am not providing much to go on just yet but curious.

#17680 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Is stern working on an IC kit for Batman LE that cannot accommodate the scanner in the existing apron? Yes I'm aware of the coin door and magnetic alternatives available but want to know if we're getting something from stern.
Thanks Martin

The assumption is that Stern will sell a kit that is the same as what was used on the December Batman66 run that had the IC installed in the apron from the factory.

cbbcbed880db89dd31b2adc80367e9fa2f8ac49a (resized).jpgcbbcbed880db89dd31b2adc80367e9fa2f8ac49a (resized).jpg
#17681 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The assumption is that Stern will sell a kit that is the same as what was used on the December Batman66 run that had the IC installed in the apron from the factory.[quoted image]

Thanks, have not seen that apron before.

#17682 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The assumption is that Stern will sell a kit that is the same as what was used on the December Batman66 run that had the IC installed in the apron from the factory.[quoted image]

I love my December Batman '66! I wish they'd sell a similar apron for my Elvira 40th, which looks like sh*t as delivered.

#17683 1 year ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin

Yep !

#17684 1 year ago

I'm finding some of the shots to be a bit cluncky. I see that my flippers are not perfectly aligned with the ballguides but rather a bit lower towards the center drain. Is this the correct position for the flippers and is there any way to tweak anything to help with the clunkiness. It's stll new ro me so i'm sure that my poor shot is that main problem here. Loving the game otherwise.

#17685 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm finding some of the shots to be a bit cluncky. I see that my flippers are not perfectly aligned with the ballguides but rather a bit lower towards the center drain. Is this the correct position for the flippers and is there any way to tweak anything to help with the clunkiness. It's stll new ro me so i'm sure that my poor shot is that main problem here. Loving the game otherwise.

You’re right, the only thing clunky about how Batman shoots are the shooters themselves missing their shots. Batman shoots beautifully as Gomez does not make a clunky layout. He’s been in the business way too long for that. Lol

Flippers should be aligned with the dot indents on the PF, not the ball guides. A bit lower is proper angle. If you change the physics i.e., angles of it, you change the game play and then you’ll see clunky, lol.

#17686 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right, the only thing clunky about how Batman shoots are the shooters themselves missing their shots.

Yeah, I love this game and its combos. I've got more than 100 combos in a single game. I guess I'm not seeing this supposed "clunkfest". Lucky me, or skilled me?

#17687 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re right, the only thing clunky about how Batman shoots are the shooters themselves missing their shots. Batman shoots beautifully as Gomez does not make a clunky layout. He’s been in the business way too long for that. Lol
Flippers should be aligned with the dot indents on the PF, not the ball guides. A bit lower is proper angle. If you change the physics i.e., angles of it, you change the game play and then you’ll see clunky, lol.

I will check my flippers but i believe thay they are set it the center of the hole so all is good. Admittedly my shots are inaccurate and this is a new to me game so I have much work to do. We also own an ACNC and that can be a brick fest but I know it and love that it is a focused shooter. We have a large enough collection that everything is welcome, I just want to make sure that things are set right. The shooter lane still has rattled ball fires with too high a frequency so I will have to get that dialed in.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, I love this game and its combos. I've got more than 100 combos in a single game. I guess I'm not seeing this supposed "clunkfest". Lucky me, or skilled me?

I would say 'skilled you' I am pleased to hear that this is just a me thing at this point. I am enjoying the depth of the rules and video/audio package so with this theme he's a keeper.

#17688 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I will check my flippers but i believe thay they are set it the center of the hole so all is good. Admittedly my shots are inaccurate and this is a new to me game so I have much work to do. We also own an ACNC and that can be a brick fest but I know it and love that it is a focused shooter. We have a large enough collection that everything is welcome, I just want to make sure that things are set right. The shooter lane still has rattled ball fires with too high a frequency so I will have to get that dialed in.

I would say 'skilled you' I am pleased to hear that this is just a me thing at this point. I am enjoying the depth of the rules and video/audio package so with this theme he's a keeper.

Most of the shots for me came along with practice (I still suck) except for the L ramp. I could hit the R ramp with both the L and R flipper and the L ramp backhanding with the L but could never quite hit it from the R flipper. My point of enlightenment came when I started aiming at a part of the playfield much closer to the flippers, in my pin's case aiming at the 2 in the TV from the R flipper hits the L ramp perfectly. Now Catwoman has become substantially better.

#17689 1 year ago

Just joined the club! December 2021 build.
Drove 4600 miles round trip to pick it up because shipping isn't nearly as fun. Worth every mile.
Now to figureo ut hooking it up to the internet and registering it for the Insider thing.

IMG_20220531_085542.jpgIMG_20220531_085542.jpgIMG_20220531_102813.jpgIMG_20220531_102813.jpgIMG_20220531_102837.jpgIMG_20220531_102837.jpg
#17690 1 year ago
Quoted from skywyatt:

Just joined the club!

Welcome to the club

#17691 1 year ago
Quoted from skywyatt:

Drove 4600 miles round trip to pick it up because shipping isn't nearly as fun. Worth every mile.

Holy hell, that has to be some sort of record. Congrats on the game. That side armor looks great, need to get that for mine.

#17692 1 year ago
Quoted from skywyatt:

Just joined the club! December 2021 build.
Now to figure out hooking it up to the internet and registering it for the Insider thing.

December build here as well. Unfortunately, Stern installed the QR reader and wi-fi dongle before the software had been updated to handle them, so you'll need to update your machine the old fashioned way, via thumb drive, before you'll be able to do any fancy dancy wi-fi shenanigans.

#17693 1 year ago

Is it worth to upgrade to the new code?

#17694 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it worth to upgrade to the new code?

If you want the Stern IC Yes. If not, then No.

#17695 1 year ago

And IC on Batman is so fun! It’s not monumental, but a change up from the normal great code. Can’t wait to see what they do in future IC updates for Batman. Surely Stern will give it more love, since Batman has a fairly large user base, built from 2016 till 2021. Upgrade, no reason not to do it, especially if you already have IC on your machine.

#17696 1 year ago

The trip was awesome. We did the same for our BKSOR. Saw new places and both machines have stories behind them. Life's short, do stupid shit whenever possible is my motto.
Thanks for the IC info! Hearing that it's worth the effort, Im definitely looking forward to getting it set up... if we can stop playing it long enough to do the work.

#17697 1 year ago

Happy to be a new member of the club. I'm looking to get an IC coin door kit to move around. Anyone try this yet?

#17698 1 year ago

On a full plunge orbit is the ball supposed to hit the left slingshot? That doesn't seem correct to me, and I can't figure out how to fix.

1 week later
#17699 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

On a full plunge orbit is the ball supposed to hit the left slingshot? That doesn't seem correct to me, and I can't figure out how to fix.

I don't think it is. Adjust slope of machine?

#17700 1 year ago

Has anyone had issues with the allignment of the Crain? The ball was outside of the circle targets. I aligned it underneath moving the bracket . Now on the crane is aligned correctly over the circles. But on the way back on the last two circles it's still out to the right a little. Any idea why?

PXL_20220607_230526407 (resized).jpgPXL_20220607_230526407 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/354?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.