IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 374.
#17601 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Yes if you don’t mind I will definitely take one. Thank you so much

Send me your info

#17602 2 years ago

Anyone knows how to focus the premium batsignal ? The pdf that instruct how to place in on the Villian topper refers to stern code 755-7589-00 for projector focusing instructions.
Searched on the Stern website but cannot find it.

#17603 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Anyone knows how to focus the premium batsignal ? The pdf that instruct how to place in on the Villian topper refers to stern code 755-7589-00 for projector focusing instructions.
Searched on the Stern website but cannot find it.

There is a black wing nut on the side of the projector. You loosen that and then you can slide the projector tube in or out to adjust focus. Once you got it where you like it, tighten the wing nut.

#17604 2 years ago

Thanks that did the trick!

#17605 2 years ago

Hello wonderful Batpeople. My Node board 10 inside the turntable has popped, and I wondered if anyone had any hints for getting at it to fit a replacement. I know I should look at the manual and try to figure it out by myself, but if anyone has done this and has any tips, that would be very appreciated. TIA.

#17606 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hello wonderful Batpeople. My Node board 10 inside the turntable has popped, and I wondered if anyone had any hints for getting at it to fit a replacement. I know I should look at the manual and try to figure it out by myself, but if anyone has done this and has any tips, that would be very appreciated. TIA.

I had the same problem, I couldn’t find the Node 10 board anywhere. Luckily I found another pinsider selling the whole turntable with a good working Node board! The swap is crazy! Honestly the engineers that come up with this stuff and fit everything into these little spaces is amazing! It’s hard to swap but very doable. I also replaced the bands inside the turntable also replaced a solenoid!

It was definitely pinball surgery

15DDF504-87FB-4FC8-97C3-A82E76DD331C (resized).jpeg15DDF504-87FB-4FC8-97C3-A82E76DD331C (resized).jpeg8F4986BF-1F4F-4406-84E9-71D5876C2031 (resized).jpeg8F4986BF-1F4F-4406-84E9-71D5876C2031 (resized).jpegD9EF815B-4CDC-4237-90BB-2A29294A9DC4 (resized).jpegD9EF815B-4CDC-4237-90BB-2A29294A9DC4 (resized).jpeg
#17607 2 years ago

You bought an entire turntable assembly to get the node board?

It’s absolutely ridiculous that Stern has sunk this far.

#17608 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I had the same problem, I couldn’t find the Node 10 board anywhere. Luckily I found another pinsider selling the whole turntable with a good working Node board! The swap is crazy! Honestly the engineers that come up with this stuff and fit everything into these little spaces is amazing! It’s hard to swap but very doable. I also replaced the bands inside the turntable also replaced a solenoid!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man. I hope I never have to spend a Saturday dealing with that. That looks like a headache.

#17609 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You bought an entire turntable assembly to get the node board?
It’s absolutely ridiculous that Stern has sunk this far.

Crazy I know, Stern is out of all of the node boards for so long now! It sucks

#17610 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

TonyScoots Thanks for the pics... I have a bad feeling about this! Will document the process in case anyone else needs it down the line.

WHY did it have to be node board 10?!

#17611 2 years ago

Dam, how often does that node board #10 go?

#17612 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

TonyScoots Thanks for the pics... I have a bad feeling about this! Will document the process in case anyone else needs it down the line.
WHY did it have to be node board 10?!

Did you find an extra Node 10 board ?

#17613 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Did you find an extra Node 10 board ?

Not yet, ordered one from my distro. I'm in the UK, and it takes some time. The wheels over here turn slowly.

#17614 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Dam, how often does that node board #10 go?

Hopefully not often. I'm unlucky when it comes to node boards. GB prem: new 8, 9 and CPU. BM66: new 9, and now 10. My distributer says Stern have made improvements since the earlier revisions. I hope so, because at the moment I'm using them up like toner cartridges

#17615 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Hopefully not often. I'm unlucky when it comes to node boards. GB prem: new 8, 9 and CPU. BM66: new 9, and now 10. My distributer says Stern have made improvements since the earlier revisions. I hope so, because at the moment I'm using them up like toner cartridges

Wow, that's just unacceptable and sorry to hear about your woes. Is your BM66 on of those built in 2016?

#17616 2 years ago

Wow, that's just unacceptable and sorry to hear about your woes. Is your BM66 on of those built in 2016?

Cheers. Yes it sucks. Side by side, the boards look exactly the same. Both node boards 9 failed in the same way - just the red power led lit. Node 8 seemed to be flashing some sort of error code with its yellow led. The results were the same... 260UKP down the drain.

#17617 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Just curious, do you have your games on any type of surge protection? Not just a power strip but actual surge protection.

#17618 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Just curious, do you have your games on any type of surge protection? Not just a power strip but actual surge protection.

No, and I thought about that last week - it's a good point, and I'll do it, just in case.

Interestingly, none of the boards have failed at power-up. All have gone while in attract.

#17619 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

No, and I thought about that last week - it's a good point, and I'll do it, just in case.
Interestingly, none of the boards have failed at power-up. All have gone while in attract.

Replying to myself (first sign of madness), but surely you'd think that machines like this would be designed to work reliably and resiliently in potentially electrically noisy environments like arcades? There must be quite a few games on a single circuit? Nevertheless, I'm going to take the advice of bicyclenut and get a surge protector.

#17620 2 years ago

Im by no means an expert about spike/node boards, but I did read a long time ago about the tolerances with the power/voltage in the Spike games and how they were very tight. That being said, I have all my games on APC UPS backups. I dont think its necessary to go to those extremes, but a good surge protector would be highly recommended. Watch now, I'm going to blow a node board!

#17621 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Watch now, I'm going to blow a node board!

My best wishes, sir, and I very much hope you do not. Especially Node 10

Still trying to figure out how I get at that thing.

#17622 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im by no means an expert about spike/node boards, but I did read a long time ago about the tolerances with the power/voltage in the Spike games and how they were very tight. That being said, I have all my games on APC UPS backups. I dont think its necessary to go to those extremes, but a good surge protector would be highly recommended. Watch now, I'm going to blow a node board!

Agree - all valuable electronics should be surge protected. I went the lazy route and just did my whole house at the fuse box.

C01149DE-66D3-4040-98BE-1DF27373495B (resized).jpegC01149DE-66D3-4040-98BE-1DF27373495B (resized).jpeg

#17623 2 years ago

Are node board 10’s in Toppers?

#17624 2 years ago

Are you sure it’s a NODE 10 board!?
The late, & great Chas from Stern parts- I emailed him about the BM66 SLE/LE topper. He gave me the parts- when putting parts in at Marco.. that is Node 10.

The turntable board is a different number

2FEA79FF-ED26-464C-9DBD-7CE03FCC6980 (resized).jpeg2FEA79FF-ED26-464C-9DBD-7CE03FCC6980 (resized).jpegE2303FFC-82E1-4E57-A964-4ED9CAE3B832 (resized).jpegE2303FFC-82E1-4E57-A964-4ED9CAE3B832 (resized).jpeg
#17626 2 years ago

For Batman66 the nodes are:
node 0 CPU Spike2
node 1 cabinet
node 8 lower playfield core
node 9 upper playfield core
node 10 turntable BM66 specific
node 12 std topper SPI
node 13 LE/SLE topper SPI
node 24 villain vision BM66 specific

always refer to/order a board by part number, not node address. The same part number board can be used at different node addresses.

#17627 2 years ago

I wasn’t super interested in this game and didn’t care for it too much when I had played it a few times on location but I recently decided to take a chance and acquire one through a trade. After a little while to understand the code, damn this game is fun. I haven’t been playing anything else since I got it and I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. Layout is ok, but code is fantastic. I might just be in the honeymoon phase but it’s been a great honeymoon so far.

#17628 1 year ago

Anyone else have trouble with their spinner??? This one keeps allowing the leaf switch tab to move in front of the spinner arm. Take glass off, move it back behind where it is supposed to be, play a game and the movement and vibrations during gameplay cause the same thing to happen. Of course the spinner then doesn’t register. I’ve squeezed the U bracket together to tighten up the slack on the spinner arm to better hold the leaf switch in place. Problem is then the spinner won’t spin freely….
Anyone have a fix for this frustrating issue? Thanks.

#17629 1 year ago

This just-released trailer mashing up The Batman with Batman '66 characters using a combination of cleverly edited clips, CG and deepfakes is brilliant. WELL worth the watch.

#17630 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This trailer mashing up The Batman with Batman '66 characters using a combination of cleverly edited clips and deepfakes is brilliant. WELL worth the watch.

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

#17631 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This trailer mashing up The Batman with Batman '66 characters using a combination of cleverly edited clips and deepfakes is brilliant. WELL worth the watch.

I didnt want it to end,well done

#17632 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a making-of the mashup trailer (lots of sponsor plugs, though):

#17633 1 year ago

I saw this ad and thought it would make a killer topper

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.01.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.01.52 AM (resized).png
#17634 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I saw this ad and thought it would make a killer topper
[quoted image]

Too bad it's not spread out horizontally a bit more, but with some well-placed LED accent lights it would look very nice as a topper.

#17635 1 year ago

Just getting to join the club!

I hear that playfields are still available. Has anyone purchased a spare for themselves?

#17636 1 year ago

If you want to install the Stern Insider Connected Upgrade Kit in your Batman 66 and don't want to alter/mess with your existing playfield apron, a coin door mount is a nice solution. And here is a low cost and much simpler way to do it...

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “If you want to install the Stern (Spike2) Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your nice playfield apron, a coin door mount kit is a nice solution. And h...”
2022-05-08
Naperville, IL
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 658 times

#17637 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

If you want to install the Stern Insider Connected Upgrade Kit in your Batman 66 and don't want to alter/mess with your existing playfield apron, a coin door mount is a nice solution. And here is a low cost and much simpler way to do it...

Ya now can you show me somewhere I can buy a kit, been on waitlists forever.

#17638 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya now can you show me somewhere I can buy a kit, been on waitlists forever.

Marco has them in stock now. I ordered one and put it in my BM66 this weekend.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-5420-01

#17639 1 year ago

I joined the club two weeks ago with a NIB (December build w/Insider Connected) from @zmeny.

"The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!"

When I turned the game on for the first time, I couldn't believe how brightly lit the playfield was in comparison to my other games (Godzilla LE, Elvira 40th). I quickly noticed that all of the GI lamps were clear LEDs whereas my other games have frosted LEDs. I've swapped out all of the clear for frosted (thanks to SKWilson for sending me to Comet Pinball), the lamps are no longer retina burning, but things are still too bright for my liking.

Can anyone tell me how these two settings work? How they differ/interact?

83 GI LED BRIGHTNESS 100%
84 GI LED MAX BRIGHTNESS 255

I've lowered 83 to 40%, I'd say the individual bulbs now more closely match the ones in my Godzilla, but the game is still much more bright due to having so many white GI lamps in close proximity around the flippers and the shooter lane.

For the life of me, I can't imagine why this game would ever need a set of Pin Stadium lights! LOL!

"Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batmaaaan!"

Another setting I haven't quite figured out is the one for the attract music.

289 ATTRACT MUSIC FREQUENCY

It looks like my choices range from 1 to 30. But what do they actually mean?

Thanks, guys!

#17640 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Thanks, guys!

Going to guess that's the amount of times attract sounds will play in an hour, I have mine set to two and it pops about every 45 minutes.

#17641 1 year ago

I joined the club two weeks ago with a NIB (December build w/Insider Connected) from ZMeny.
"The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!"
When I turned the game on for the first time, I couldn't believe how brightly lit the playfield was in comparison to my other games (Godzilla LE, Elvira 40th). I quickly noticed that all of the GI lamps were clear LEDs whereas my other games have frosted LEDs. I've swapped out all of the clear for frosted (thanks to SKWilson for sending me to Comet Pinball), the lamps are no longer retina burning, but things are still too bright for my liking.
Can anyone tell me how these two settings work? How they differ/interact?
83 GI LED BRIGHTNESS 100%
84 GI LED MAX BRIGHTNESS 255
I've lowered 83 to 40%, I'd say the individual bulbs now more closely match the ones in my Godzilla, but the game is still much more bright due to having so many white GI lamps in close proximity around the flippers and the shooter lane.
For the life of me, I can't imagine why this game would ever need a set of Pin Stadium lights! LOL!
"Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batmaaaan!"
Another setting I haven't quite figured out is the one for the attract music.
Thanks, guys!

So true,this machine blinds me I have turned down the settings.The right side is tamed a little with the Mezel Mods 5 piece sling protector set.Its a must .

#17642 1 year ago
Quoted from action76:

There’s some on eBay

#17643 1 year ago

Going to guess that's the amount of times attract sounds will play in an hour, I have mine set to two and it pops about every 45 minutes.

Okay, I had time to play with this one today... if you've actually got it set to "2," you're going to hear the music every two minutes (from the point where Adam West or Burt Ward finish talking).

289 ATTRACT MUSIC FREQUENCY (1-30)

1 = 1 min
2 = 2 min 2 sec
3 = 3 min 5 sec

10 = 10 min 23 sec

30 = 31 min 10 sec

You couldn't have added "MIN" to the description, Stern?

Now I just need to figure out the GI LED BRIGHTNESS / MAX BRIGHTNESS.

#17644 1 year ago
Quoted from action76:

That is not the official Batman IC apron kit. It is just a general IC kit for most machines, but doesn’t work for Batman, unless you’ve installed it in the coin door as some are doing. When Stern begins selling the official IC kit for Batman, it will come with a completely new apron as well, as the current one has no slot for installing IC kits. Heard that’s not going to be until the end of the year.

#17645 1 year ago

Okay, I had time to play with this one today... if you've actually got it set to "2," you're going to hear the music every two minutes (from the point where Adam West or Burt Ward finish talking).
289 ATTRACT MUSIC FREQUENCY (1-30)
1 = 1 min
2 = 2 min 2 sec
3 = 3 min 5 sec

10 = 10 min 23 sec

30 = 31 min 10 sec
You couldn't have added "MIN" to the description, Stern?
Now I just need to figure out the GI LED BRIGHTNESS / MAX BRIGHTNESS.

Wow now I need to recheck my settings lol

#17646 1 year ago

I have a new Chrome Candy metal button surround (no longer available?), MezelMods VUK/Kickback illumination kit, chrome phone stickers and clear sling/guide protectors. All new/unused.

SOLD!

#17647 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I have a new Chrome Candy metal button surround (no longer available?), MezelMods VUK/Kickback illumination kit, chrome phone stickers and clear sling/guide protectors. All new/unused.
$75 shipped
[quoted image]

I'll take it, PM me your paypal

#17648 1 year ago

Does anyone know where the flipper strength adjustment is? Stern support suggested I could tune down the flipper power to prevent the ball from flying off the left ramp wire frame, but I can't find it in the 300 or so adjustments

#17649 1 year ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Does anyone know where the flipper strength adjustment is? Stern support suggested I could tune down the flipper power to prevent the ball from flying off the left ramp wire frame, but I can't find it in the 300 or so adjustments

What code version are you running? Flipper power adjustments weren’t added until the latest 1.06 game code.

#17650 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

What code version are you running? Flipper power adjustments weren’t added until the latest 1.06 game code.

I'm on 1.05, so that's the problem. I got it in December and haven't looked for updates since I figured it came with the latest (and figured something like that would be a default menu option). Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/353?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.