IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 374.
#17501 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sorry guess I should clarify, which IC kit do you buy to use with the coin door mount kit

Whichever one you can find. You just need the reader for the coin door mount.

#17502 2 years ago

Ouch. I just looked and the insider connected retrofit kit is $200. I was hoping for $100 in which case I'd buy a few. At $200 each, I think that's a hard pass for me.

#17503 2 years ago

Does anyone know how much a new metal Batman apron with IC kit is going to cost or when is it going to be released?

#17504 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does anyone know how much a new metal Batman apron with IC kit is going to cost or when is it going to be released?

Put my name on a "list" for one with Flip'N'Out pretty much the day IC was announced, but haven't heard anything on the Batman kit yet. If it ends up being too pricy I will probably just get a pro and a door mount kit instead. It'll drive me crazy not having both of my Sterns with the readers in the same spot, though.

#17505 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Ouch. I just looked and the insider connected retrofit kit is $200. I was hoping for $100 in which case I'd buy a few. At $200 each, I think that's a hard pass for me.

Yes that’s the basic kits,

Quoted from Thunderbird:

I would guess around $3-400 with the whole apron assembly

#17506 2 years ago

Does the new special Batman apron for IC have the flipper LED light holes in the apron, that shine LEDs on the left and right flippers from the apron, like all new machines have? Does anyone know?

#17507 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does the new special Batman apron for IC have the flipper LED light holes in the apron, that shine LEDs on the left and right flippers from the apron, like all new machines have? Does anyone know?

No it doesn’t…

#17508 2 years ago

Can I update code from 0.95 to 1.06.0 ?

For some reason it’s not updating

#17509 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Do you have any interim code to try to get you over the 1.0 hump? If you continue to have problems, do you have the ability to flash an SD card? If not, send a PM and I'll mail you one for the cost of card and shipping.

#17510 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Do you have any interim code to try to get you over the 1.0 hump? If you continue to have problems, do you have the ability to flash an SD card? If not, send a PM and I'll mail you one for the cost of card and shipping.

I don’t have any interim code, I do have the ability to flash an SD card

#17511 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

You should be able to update...did you try another USB drive?...and also you have to have the coin door shut so it updates the node boards.

#17512 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

You should be able to update...did you try another USB drive?...and also you have to have the coin door shut so it updates the node boards.

Tried 2 different 32g usb sticks, both Fat32. I downloaded the premium code , unzipped it and put the 3 files on the root! Nothing happens we I start the game! It’s just does the normal startup. I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

#17513 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Tried 2 different 32g usb sticks, both Fat32. I downloaded the premium code , unzipped it and put the 3 files on the root! Nothing happens we I start the game! It’s just does the normal startup. I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

Try a 16GB stick and/or the other USB port.

#17514 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Might want to see if you have an older USB drive laying around...those 32's are probably 3.0s. See if you have any 16gb, like suggested USB 2.0s

#17515 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from LouMatt:

Might want to see if you have an older USB drive laying around...those 32's are probably 3.0s. See if you have any 16gb, like suggested USB 2.0s

Thank you guys, I actually went to Bestbuy and I got lucky, they sell a 16g 2.0 5 pack for $15.99! Now the update works! Crazy how you have to have a 16gb 2.0 stick for it to wor. Thanks again everyone for the help
5D60F3AC-8364-45B1-9C07-F53F548B2CDA (resized).jpeg5D60F3AC-8364-45B1-9C07-F53F548B2CDA (resized).jpeg76CA052C-3EBD-46B2-8A37-CBB24D574738 (resized).jpeg76CA052C-3EBD-46B2-8A37-CBB24D574738 (resized).jpeg

#17516 2 years ago

Game set on 3 balls with the glass ON. This is the best I could do. NO WAY I will ever beat Jack Dangers score he gets in the videos.

IMG_6845 (resized).JPGIMG_6845 (resized).JPG
#17517 2 years ago

Hey all. Joining the club tomorrow! Anyone know where I can find the batwing side armor? I want to powder coat it like the LE.

#17518 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. Joining the club tomorrow! Anyone know where I can find the batwing side armor? I want to powder coat it like the LE.

Contact [email protected] - I got my armor and laser cut hinges from him and then had it powdered.

#17519 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Marco shows they have them in stock right now

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7028-00

#17520 2 years ago

Updating from 1.05 to 1.06. Screen cycles between stern logo and “game code update resuming”.

Happen to anyone else? Any suggested fix?

Thank you

#17521 2 years ago

I just powered off and restarted and if took off

#17522 2 years ago

does anyone know what size these lights are ? They are so bright I want to replace them with a softer bulb even a color if not possible to find .The plastic doesnt cover them well or it wouldnt matter.

4E1D1FC1-0174-441A-A83F-2F31BB0D6DEC (resized).jpeg4E1D1FC1-0174-441A-A83F-2F31BB0D6DEC (resized).jpeg50A7BEA9-F0C9-47DF-9682-C9146C450594 (resized).jpeg50A7BEA9-F0C9-47DF-9682-C9146C450594 (resized).jpegDDB5DDBA-0A7E-4E8D-AB7E-969DD5185B79 (resized).jpegDDB5DDBA-0A7E-4E8D-AB7E-969DD5185B79 (resized).jpeg
#17523 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

does anyone know what size these lights are ? They are so bright I want to replace them with a softer bulb even a color if not possible to find .The plastic doesnt cover them well or it wouldnt matter.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes I found this to be annoying when I first got my BM66.

To be honest, what I did was turn down the brightness in the Service Menu. That helped a lot.

#17524 2 years ago

I have colored plastic protectors on. They're oversized just enough to cover the brightest part of those bulbs.

20220327_105020 (resized).jpg20220327_105020 (resized).jpg
#17525 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I have colored plastic protectors on. They're oversized just enough to cover the brightest part of those bulbs.[quoted image]

I was going to say this exact same thing. This yellow/greenish translucent plastic protector does a pretty great job in muting the brightness of the exposed bulbs alongside the shooter lane.

#17526 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes I found this to be annoying when I first got my BM66.
To be honest, what I did was turn down the brightness in the Service Menu. That helped a lot.

Thank you I will try it

Quoted from thundergod76:

I have colored plastic protectors on. They're oversized just enough to cover the brightest part of those bulbs.[quoted image]

Those look good,Thank you.I will try both

#17527 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thank you I will try it

Those look good,Thank you.I will try both

Mezel Mods has the 5 piece set that includes the piece you need. Some sellers only have a 4 piece set that doesn't include the piece you need.

#17528 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Updating from 1.05 to 1.06. Screen cycles between stern logo and “game code update resuming”.
Happen to anyone else? Any suggested fix?
Thank you

What I would do, is first get a new SD card from bestbuy etc... 16gb class 10 ( high speed video). I then would format the card in my PC for FAT32, then download the full 1.06 SD Raw Image file from Stern site and use their recommend program to install the raw file onto the SD card.

It would be a fresh install so all settings and high scores will no longer be there.

#17529 2 years ago

I am having issues with my mini playfield turning. The motor fires up but doesn't seem powerful enough to turn the white disc underneath. Everything seems lined up and the cable is not snagging etc. When I removed the motor, the mini playfield turns by hand just fine. Is there a history of these motors dying? There is a little up/down play in the shaft.

Game is pretty useless without it, hoping there is an easy or known fix?

#17530 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I am having issues with my mini playfield turning. The motor fires up but doesn't seem powerful enough to turn the white disc underneath. Everything seems lined up and the cable is not snagging etc. When I removed the motor, the mini playfield turns by hand just fine. Is there a history of these motors dying? There is a little up/down play in the shaft.
Game is pretty useless without it, hoping there is an easy or known fix?

One thing to check is that the grub screw which pushes into the motor shaft is tight. This happened to mine.

#17531 2 years ago

does anyone know anything about the copy of sterns topper out there.I have the premium and im sure it doesnt have the LE node boards required to make the origional work but does the copy need that or just plug in ?

#17532 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

does anyone know anything about the copy of sterns topper out there.I have the premium and im sure it doesnt have the LE node boards required to make the origional work but does the copy need that or just plug in ?

Which copy are you talking about?

#17533 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Which copy are you talking about?

3B7F5664-5D2C-47E7-9C75-D09827424D80 (resized).jpeg3B7F5664-5D2C-47E7-9C75-D09827424D80 (resized).jpeg57D2848D-8350-4AE6-BB9B-E903BFB82DA6 (resized).jpeg57D2848D-8350-4AE6-BB9B-E903BFB82DA6 (resized).jpeg
#17534 2 years ago

not even sure of the value here.it looks ok to a batman novice

#17535 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

not even sure of the value here.it looks ok to a batman novice

Based on the harness I think that topper triggers off a single insert in the game via a photo diode hooked to a relay.

The official Stern topper uses node boards to drive different parts of the topper at different times. If you don't have the node boards, there is no one insert to tap off of that would replicate the Stern version.

#17536 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Based on the harness I think that topper triggers off a single insert in the game via a photo diode hooked to a relay.
The official Stern topper uses node boards to drive different parts of the topper at different times. If you don't have the node boards, there is no one insert to tap off of that would replicate the Stern version.

Thanks ,im on a premium so no node boards for certain.Looks like a lot of wiring for a topper .I have my Bat signal that will be good for me .

#17537 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

One thing to check is that the grub screw which pushes into the motor shaft is tight. This happened to mine.

I have checked this and it is very secure, however the "arm" that rotates around and grabs the white plate can be moved by hand. I have tightened the screw on top of the clutch plate but it can still move by hand (not easily but I would have thought it should not be able to move independently from the rest of the mech?) When the motor turns I can see that the motor is still turning with the arm getting stuck in the white plate. I'll try and capture a video.

#17538 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thanks ,im on a premium so no node boards for certain.Looks like a lot of wiring for a topper .I have my Bat signal that will be good for me .

I have this topper. Activates off of an insert of your choice via a photovoltaic sensor.

#17539 2 years ago

I would love to make a custom topper, I am going to try soon

#17540 2 years ago

The first video shows the turntable turning fine by hand, but then the 2nd video below shows how I have to manually help the motor turn the table. I've tried checking every alignment and making sure the cables are tight... No idea what to try next....

#17541 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

The first video shows the turntable turning fine by hand, but then the 2nd video below shows how I have to manually help the motor turn the table. I've tried checking every alignment and making sure the cables are tight... No idea what to try next....

Did you check to make sure everything is tight on the motor? Looks like it’s slipping when there pressure on the motor itself

#17542 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have this topper. Activates off of an insert of your choice via a photovoltaic sensor.

Who makes these and what is the price,?

#17543 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Who makes these and what is the price,?

biglaw makes them. I paid about $550 when I got mine.

#17544 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Did you check to make sure everything is tight on the motor? Looks like it’s slipping when there pressure on the motor itself

I've tightened everything I can think of on the clutch, there is a small grub screw which holds the clutch on to the motor which is secure. There is then a bolt in the very top of the clutch which again is firm. I dismantled the clutch completely and to me it looks like it is designed to allow the motor to move when the part that rotates the playfield hits the white Geneva plastic (else I guess it would burn the motor out) as it has a round hole over a square shaft. Even when as tight as that bolt can go, there is still then ability to rotate it by hand. Not sure how else to prevent it from 'slipping'.

#17545 2 years ago

Do you have the Stern Batsignal projector topper and suffer from "IBBS" ( Itty Bitty Bat Signal)? If you have low ceilings or your game is in a corner you may unfortunately suffer from IBBS.

The hard working scientists at Docquest pinball mods have a solution for those suffering from this horrible and now preventable condition.

This kit includes a power extension cable for your Stern Batsignal projector and new super strong neodydium magnetic base with a soft felt covering that allows you to relocate your projector to a better spot.

By moving the projector to a lower spot on the metal backbox, to a rear leg, or off the side hinge of a neighboring game, you are able to get a much larger projected Batsignal image. The larger projected image will be so much nicer that even Bookworm could see it without his coke bottle glasses.

I only have parts to make 2 or 3 of these at the moment but if there is additional interest I can make more.

Note: this kit doesn't include the Stern projector itself, its only for people who already have the Stern Batsignal topper. Cost of extension kit is $25.

before and after (resized).jpgbefore and after (resized).jpgmagnet assembled (resized).jpgmagnet assembled (resized).jpg
#17546 2 years ago

#17547 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do you have the Stern Batsignal projector topper and suffer from "IBBS" ( Itty Bitty Bat Signal)? If you have low ceilings or your game is in a corner you may unfortunately suffer from IBBS.
The hard working scientists at Docquest pinball mods have a solution for those suffering from this horrible and now preventable condition.
This kit includes a power extension cable for your Stern Batsignal projector and new super strong neodydium magnetic base with a soft felt covering that allows you to relocate your projector to a better spot.
By moving the projector to a lower spot on the metal backbox, to a rear leg, or off the side hinge of a neighboring game, you are able to get a much larger projected Batsignal image. The larger projected image will be so much nicer that even Bookworm could see it without his coke bottle glasses.
I only have parts to make 2 or 3 of these at the moment but if there is additional interest I can make more.
Note: this kit doesn't include the Stern projector itself, its only for people who already have the Stern Batsignal topper. Cost of extension kit is $25.[quoted image][quoted image]

I will take one Doc

#17548 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I have 'NIBBS'...No Itty Bitty Bat Signal
Where do I get a bat signal so I can experience this phenomenon

#17549 2 years ago

Just tossing this out there!

Maybe someone one wants the Villains topper more or like it better or maybe someone has 2 of the LE toppers! You never know

Anyone interested in a trade?

I will trade the Villain’s topper for an LE topper

3BFE7FA8-2A93-426F-BE2B-1C6F037CA080 (resized).jpeg3BFE7FA8-2A93-426F-BE2B-1C6F037CA080 (resized).jpegB4E8A13E-E016-49B6-92BC-13E121B56D18 (resized).jpegB4E8A13E-E016-49B6-92BC-13E121B56D18 (resized).jpeg
#17550 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

FWIW, mine works totally fine with the playfield in horizontal position (playing position) but also struggles with the playfield upright. As far as I know it was always like this, and has never caused me any problems - I assumed the weight of the mechanism/friction points are just different in that position and it was normal. No idea if this is actually the case or not, and of course it would be WAY more difficult to try to diagnose it in horizontal position, but just wanted to chime in to let you know that's how my game behaves...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 351 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/351?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.