IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 374.
#17401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

mine was updated before I got it.Would you mind sending me 1.05 if I can go backwards .

keep it

#17402 2 years ago

Hi !

I'm a proud owner of a Batmann'66 Catwoman Signature Edition. Do you know by chance how many of them were produced ? I don't see too many on the forum (I will move soon and I want to insure it for the right amount but I don't know at all its rarity)

#17403 2 years ago

if the only difference I will see in code is the extra score places on the screen I will just keep it.

#17404 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

if the only difference I will see in code is the extra score places on the screen I will just keep it.

The only notable changes are the addition of IC which I have personally enjoyed plus flipper power adjustments and audio filter settings to bring it up to match current sterns. But no real game play changes.

#17405 2 years ago
Quoted from adunaph3l:

Hi !
I'm a proud owner of a Batmann'66 Catwoman Signature Edition. Do you know by chance how many of them were produced ? I don't see too many on the forum (I will move soon and I want to insure it for the right amount but I don't know at all its rarity)

The first run was 100. Pretty sure the planned second run was not made. I also don’t think most would value a Catwoman edition any more than a Premium and some consider it less valuable because of the translite.

#17406 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The first run was 100. Pretty sure the planned second run was not made. I also don’t think most would value a Catwoman edition any more than a Premium and some consider it less valuable becwuse of the translite.

Agree. If it were me I would insure it for $12k USD just to make sure I could get one on the secondary if something happened to it. Probably a little overkill but wouldn’t want to stress.

#17407 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The first run was 100. Pretty sure the planned second run was not made. I also don’t think most would value a Catwoman edition any more than a Premium and some consider it less valuable because of the translite.

If anyone wants to trade their Catwoman edition translite I would be happy to.

#17408 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I " modded the mod" in this case, adding much needed flasher power, and got creative in a couple reinforcement spots ( only turned in a " pile" once prior, lol).
Computer overlays can be suspect as well ( broke the top off one...went another route w metal covers).
Definitely have to be careful w these, as that area gets smacked pretty good on occasion...
( looks great and will hope for a resin version at some point w additional flash power)

Honestly, anyone thinking of buying these mods or any 3D printed mods, should wait until they do resin or molded one’s, that will hopefully withstand the powerful hits from an airborn steel ball hitting at high velocity. 3D printed items are just too weak. Same issue with rocks around the spinning batmobile in the batcave. I had rock bits all over my PF from them coming apart. The Gotham sewer cover over the magnet also chewed up in record time and worthless. Batcave computer surrounds, ball blasted them both to pieces, to become more 3D printed junk. Save your money folks, unless you’re talented enough to do what MK6 has done and able to mod the mods, lol. Stern’s original parts still the best. (BTW, all these troubles were on my original premium. The Catwoman edition has never had the airball troubles, so that Bat pile is not a pile yet, lol.)

#17409 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

We usually agree on most things, but the exact opposite is the reality. Catwoman edition was not only signed by Julie Newmar, but is one of the most sought after editions of all the limited editions, because it has the better built cabinet, corrected joker targets, fixed and improved Batcave turntable, improved left side habit trail, etc, to name just a few. My Catwoman shoots circles around my much older premium. Owning both I’ve been able to do a side by side in-depth comparison. All the premiums made since Catwoman have all the fixed features. Not saying anything against the original LEs and SLEs, because they have the Bat topper and unique awesome artwork, but that is all they have that makes them stand out from Catwoman editions and premiums made after that 100 production. No one in their right mind will get rid of Julie Newmar as Catwoman translite. Everyone I know and including me, loves having a woman emphasized on the backbox rather than more Batman and Robin which is plentiful all over the machine anyway. Not to forget the fab artwork done by Franchi of Catwoman on the sides of the back box as well. Plus the trim is purple instead of red and the limited edition plaque.

There were only 100 made and makes it truly unique and highly prized. I know people willing to pay triple for one, but owners are not willing to part with them. I know I had already purchased a premium years before Catwoman edition came out, but purchased it too, since it is so awesome and truly a limited collectors piece.
56962CED-D101-420E-880A-F5D93A7C0557 (resized).jpeg56962CED-D101-420E-880A-F5D93A7C0557 (resized).jpegC99D282B-3B11-4264-8A0D-A13AD2ABD780 (resized).jpegC99D282B-3B11-4264-8A0D-A13AD2ABD780 (resized).jpeg

#17410 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Agree. If it were me I would insure it for $12k USD just to make sure I could get one on the secondary if something happened to it. Probably a little overkill but wouldn’t want to stress.

I saw 1 sell here locally for 12k within 24 hours I think.

#17411 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We usually agree on most things, but the exact opposite is the reality. Catwoman edition was not only signed by Julie Newmar, but is one of the most sought after editions of all the limited editions, because it has the better built cabinet, corrected joker targets, fixed and improved Batcave turntable, etc, to name just a few. My Catwoman shoots circles around my much older premium. Owning both I’ve been able to do a side by side in-depth comparison. All the premiums made since Catwoman have all the fixed features. Not saying anything against the original LEs and SLEs, because they have the Bat topper, but that is all they have that makes them stand out from Catwoman editions and premiums made after that 100 production. No one in their right mind will get rid of Julie Newmar as Catwoman translite. Everyone I know and including me, loves having a woman emphasized on the backbox rather than more Batman and Robin which is plentiful all over the machine anyway.
There were only 100 made and makes it truly unique and highly prized. I know people willing to pay triple for one, but owners are not willing to part with them. I know I had already purchased a premium years before Catwoman edition came out, but purchased it too, since it is so awesome and truly a limited collectors piece.

I would not trade my Catwoman translite ....

#17412 2 years ago

Ok, I just put my Catwoman translite back on

023819AC-2902-48E9-A11D-F63D79EF3A06 (resized).jpeg023819AC-2902-48E9-A11D-F63D79EF3A06 (resized).jpeg
#17413 2 years ago

Hard to argue with that Thunderbird

#17414 2 years ago

Did a little red / black fleck Powdercoat on Batman 66 … love it! Really upgrades the overall look!

32089A42-77C6-4820-B5A5-19666F6AE48C (resized).jpeg32089A42-77C6-4820-B5A5-19666F6AE48C (resized).jpeg500BDE06-CE11-4985-8FCA-281AEA5BC666 (resized).jpeg500BDE06-CE11-4985-8FCA-281AEA5BC666 (resized).jpeg95F18ECB-619D-47A1-9E6C-44CA447BF923 (resized).jpeg95F18ECB-619D-47A1-9E6C-44CA447BF923 (resized).jpeg
#17415 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

We usually agree on most things, but the exact opposite is the reality. Catwoman edition was not only signed by Julie Newmar, but is one of the most sought after editions of all the limited editions, because it has the better built cabinet, corrected joker targets, fixed and improved Batcave turntable, improved left side habit trail, etc, to name just a few. My Catwoman shoots circles around my much older premium. Owning both I’ve been able to do a side by side in-depth comparison. All the premiums made since Catwoman have all the fixed features. Not saying anything against the original LEs and SLEs, because they have the Bat topper and unique awesome artwork, but that is all they have that makes them stand out from Catwoman editions and premiums made after that 100 production. No one in their right mind will get rid of Julie Newmar as Catwoman translite. Everyone I know and including me, loves having a woman emphasized on the backbox rather than more Batman and Robin which is plentiful all over the machine anyway. Not to forget the fab artwork done by Franchi of Catwoman on the sides of the back box as well. Plus the trim is purple instead of red and the limited edition plaque.
[quoted image][quoted image]

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. The BM66LE and SLE are too quite collectible, and for those that did the work, easily shoot as good, and solid as Catwoman or later Premium builds...

The pin is called "Batman", so have zero pin envy, lol...suspect my left wireform shoots as least as good as the late builds, if not better...

#17416 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

[quoted image]

I will buy that translite or trade for it if your looking for an original Batman 66 premium translite! Trying to collect them all

#17417 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...suspect my left wireform shoots as least as good as the late builds, if not better...

Yeah, Stern not re-engineering that is probably the biggest problem with the game. Your wire form is a true work of art. Sad that you were ghosted on the project.

And while Thunderbird had some good points on Catwoman, the LE/SLE are indeed in different leagues because of true rarity, topper with the custom Batphone callout by Adam West for original owners in the SLE the most unique limited feature ever.

#17418 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. The BM66LE and SLE are too quite collectible, and for those that did the work, easily shoot as good, and solid as Catwoman or later Premium builds...
The pin is called "Batman", so have zero pin envy, lol...suspect my left wireform shoots as least as good as the late builds, if not better...

You have good points and have an awesome return left wire form as well. LEs SLEs are awesome! But there is a big ball flow difference between my old one and the new one. But mk6 wire form is the ultimate.

#17419 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

[quoted image]

I am within driving distance,let me know your price ?

#17420 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am within driving distance,let me know your price ?

Thanks, no interest in selling any translates.

#17421 2 years ago

New 66 owner. First machine ever.

Owned less than a month. The right flipper is noticeably less powerful and has a muted thunk instead of a nice crisp snap. It also runs much hotter.

I know I should just contact the company but is there any way to do simple things or troubleshoot the flipper solenoid?

#17422 2 years ago

Perhaps your coil stop. I have yet to have any go bad but I've heard its common on Sterns. When you manually move the plunger does everything seem smooth like the other side?
Check this out:

#17423 2 years ago
Quoted from serranot:

New 66 owner. First machine ever.
Owned less than a month. The right flipper is noticeably less powerful and has a muted thunk instead of a nice crisp snap. It also runs much hotter.
I know I should just contact the company but is there any way to do simple things or troubleshoot the flipper solenoid?

Quoted from insight75:

Perhaps your coil stop. I have yet to have any go bad but I've heard its common on Sterns. When you manually move the plunger does everything seem smooth like the other side?
Check this out:

Most likely coil stops as stated above. Just go to Pinball Life and order new coil stops and sleeves and I'm sure you'll see a huge difference.

#17424 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Will check that out.

#17425 2 years ago

I love my Catwoman edition, but I swear Catwoman in the translight looks more like Sigourney Weaver than it does Julie Newmar.

I just can't un-see it.

#17426 2 years ago

Thanks for all your answers !
Mine is quite strange, it has a premium plate under translite, not a Catwoman signature. Is it normal or the Catwoman plate is homemade ?
EDIT : add picture, sorry for the reflection but it is sunny in North of France for a long time

catwoman (resized).jpgcatwoman (resized).jpg
#17427 2 years ago
Quoted from adunaph3l:

Thanks for all your answers !
Mine is quite strange, it has a premium plate under translite, not a Catwoman signature. Is it normal or the Catwoman plate is homemade ?

It is a custom plate. RetroGamerJP was doing them but you'll have to message him to see if he's doing anymore.

#17428 2 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

It is a custom plate. RetroGamerJP was doing them but you'll have to message him to see if he's doing anymore.

A great example of the Pinball community making mods that fit the game so well that they look like they came from the factory.

#17429 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I love my Catwoman edition, but I swear Catwoman in the translight looks more like Sigourney Weaver than it does Julie Newmar.
I just can't un-see it.

I wish we can buy all the Translites, I love love all of Franchie’s artwork and would love to have the collection on my wall lit up!

#17430 2 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Yup I bought my badge as soon as I saw them. Also replaced the silver screws with black chrome ones from Ace

#17431 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

I wish we can buy all the Translites, I love love all of Franchie’s artwork and would love to have the collection on my wall lit up!

I read somewhere that Stern won't sell you the translite even if you own a Catwoman and damage yours.

#17432 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I read somewhere that Stern won't sell you the translite even if you own a Catwoman and damage yours.

They will sell you a replacement for a damaged translite, only after you prove you own the game. Plus photo proof of the damaged translite.

#17433 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, Stern not re-engineering that is probably the biggest problem with the game. Your wire form is a true work of art. Sad that you were ghosted on the project.

I had absolutely zero problems with the left ramp on my later production BM66. First run games did have problems, but that was addressed with a larger clear plastic over the ramp. Sure it could have been designed better, but it does work.

Rob

#17434 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And while Thunderbird had some good points on Catwoman, the LE/SLE are indeed in different leagues because of true rarity, topper with the custom Batphone callout by Adam West for original owners in the SLE the most unique limited feature ever.

Before Insider connect - the BM66 Code was not specific to models. I’m running BM66 SLE code in my Catwoman.
Not sure how to change the name though.

#17435 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I had absolutely zero problems with the left ramp on my later production BM66. First run games did have problems, but that was addressed with a larger clear plastic over the ramp. Sure it could have been designed better, but it does work.
Rob

I have an orginal with the ramp cover and it screams around and it’s one of my favorite ramps to shoot.

#17436 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Check this out:

Winner winner chicken dinner. Just ordered replacements.

#17437 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They will sell you a replacement for a damaged translite, only after you prove you own the game. Plus photo proof of the damaged translite.

They will if they have them in stock. I tried for a new translite frame for my Primus (many of them have slight damage in the way they were shipped) and was told they are long gone.

#17438 2 years ago
Quoted from serranot:

Winner winner chicken dinner. Just ordered replacements.

I was playing my Maiden yesterday and heard a funny clunk coming from my upper flipper.....I think its the same deal. Stern really needs to get on the ball with these... Less than 100 plays!

#17439 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good to know. I was worried that if something ever happened I'd be out of luck!

#17440 2 years ago

Hello club members,

I‘m looking for a BM66 SLE coindoor decal and the two red line stickers on the lockbar.

Can somebody of the club help to get these stickers?

#17441 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Hello club members,
I‘m looking for a BM66 SLE coindoor decal and the two red line stickers on the lockbar.
Can somebody of the club help to get these stickers?

I think the red line sticker is just red car pin striping tape from the auto store.

#17442 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I was playing my Maiden yesterday and heard a funny clunk coming from my upper flipper.....I think its the same deal. Stern really needs to get on the ball with these... Less than 100 plays!

Maiden upper right flipper has a known issue on recent builds with coil contacting cabinet also. This can be adjusted for.

#17443 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Maiden upper right flipper has a known issue on recent builds with coil contacting cabinet also. This can be adjusted for.

Thanks for this. I will check that out. I have a feeling that is exactly what is going on. Haven't looked yet.

#17444 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thanks for this. I will check that out. I have a feeling that is exactly what is going on. Haven't looked yet.

My buddy's pro it was hitting the raised nub on the end of the support rail, he put a screwdriver in the groove and bent the nub with some gentle hammer work. Not how I would have handled it, but it worked for him. You can also try just maneuvering the playfield a bit left in the game to see if you can get the clearance that way.

#17445 2 years ago

Insider Connect BM 66 Question:

I am using the coin door pinball life headphones kit in conjunction with the Stern Insider QR Reader. All my other prem/le games that I am adding this kit to has an open CAT5 slot in the NODE 8 board except Batman66. The CN4 is coming from Node 0 behind the translite and CN5 is going to NODE 9. Do I need a splitter like this and do I put it at CN4 or CN5 to connect the QR reader CAT5?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GLMYRM1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00

ddae0c1d2235630eafe36b6cb55260c231ff464d (resized).pngddae0c1d2235630eafe36b6cb55260c231ff464d (resized).png
#17446 2 years ago

I’ve seen a few games modded to have a Batmobile and a Bat boat. What size/scale are you all using and how best it mount them to the playfield?

#17447 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I’ve seen a few games modded to have a Batmobile and a Bat boat. What size/scale are you all using and how best it mount them to the playfield?

1/18 scale and use The Mod Couples shooter lane mounting plate.

921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg
#17448 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Insider Connect BM 66 Question:
I am using the coin door pinball life headphones kit in conjunction with the Stern Insider QR Reader. All my other prem/le games that I am adding this kit to has an open CAT5 slot in the NODE 8 board except Batman66. The CN4 is coming from Node 0 behind the translite and CN5 is going to NODE 9. Do I need a splitter like this and do I put it at CN4 or CN5 to connect the QR reader CAT5?
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Answering my own question - yes the splitter works and needs to be added into the CN4. This is the only way to retro the QR reader.

#17449 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

1/18 scale and use The Mod Couples shooter lane mounting plate.[quoted image]

1/18? That seems a bit too large, are you sure not the 1:50 or 1:43.

#17450 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

1/18 scale and use The Mod Couples shooter lane mounting plate.[quoted image]

1/18…holy huge mod batman! I assume you leave the playfield glass off to fit that beast???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/349 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.