IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 374.
#17351 2 years ago

Does anyone have an SLE translite they would want to sell?

#17352 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Does anyone have an SLE translite they would want to sell?

I have been looking for over a year for them! The SLE and LE

#17353 2 years ago

Since updated to 1.06 on my sle the settings screen with the date and insider connected settings comes up after every power on, even if I save the settings. The game plays fine with the new code but it’s annoying as I have many games on a switch to power up at once and it’s the only one that doesn’t startup completely until I save the settings again. Does anyone have the same issue?

#17354 2 years ago

Added a Playfield Protector, Lane Protector, Plastic Protectors, SuperBands, Art Blades, Bat Signal and took the armor to get a custom Powdercoat Black with Red Metallic… can’t wait to get it back next week! Love this game - I’m Batman (well, maybe not, but I feel like Batman lol)

6C9D3C45-F59C-4094-9976-A746EDD00F98 (resized).jpeg6C9D3C45-F59C-4094-9976-A746EDD00F98 (resized).jpeg
#17355 2 years ago

really nice

#17356 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Love this game - I’m Batman

And thanks to your post we know your secret identity.

#17357 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Added a Playfield Protector, Lane Protector, Plastic Protectors, SuperBands, Art Blades, Bat Signal and took the armor to get a custom Powdercoat Black with Red Metallic… can’t wait to get it back next week! Love this game - I’m Batman (well, maybe not, but I feel like Batman lol)
[quoted image]

Beautiful

Was it difficult to install the playfield protector?

#17358 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Beautiful

It's not bad at all. After taking both ramps off...just messed a little with the spinner and removed the ball gates on the top right. Was able to move it around the crane so that didn't have to be taken off.

#17359 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Beautiful

Be sure to put a microfiber cloth between the crane ball and the protector while you install it.

#17360 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Beautiful

Nope … not hard at all, enjoyed doing it, just took my time … I did it so anyone can for sure.

#17361 2 years ago

BM66 is my girlfriend’s favorite game, therefore it’s not going anywhere, put a new coat of paint on the gameroom based around 66.

It makes me a little sad playing this game and TWD nowadays thinking we’re not getting another Lyman code masterpiece ever. Elvira, BM66, TWD, MET, AC/DC. His last games are amongst the best ever coded.

BDA49C15-7A44-493C-BF54-B628AD2052FF (resized).jpegBDA49C15-7A44-493C-BF54-B628AD2052FF (resized).jpeg
#17362 2 years ago

Don’t know your girlfriend but I’ll bet she’s awesome

#17363 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

BM66 is my girlfriend’s favorite game, therefore it’s not going anywhere, put a new coat of paint on the gameroom based around 66.
It makes me a little sad playing this game and TWD nowadays thinking we’re not getting another Lyman code masterpiece ever. Elvira, BM66, TWD, MET, AC/DC. His last games are amongst the best ever coded.
[quoted image]

Those posters a great, where did you get them?

#17364 2 years ago

Can someone please send me 1.05 or a link to download? I accidentally deleted it. Thanks

#17365 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

[quoted image]

Kinda want to see the Baywatch wall next....

#17366 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy this mod ?

9CC957C5-0B37-4EAE-BF11-F7CFBEEED472 (resized).jpeg9CC957C5-0B37-4EAE-BF11-F7CFBEEED472 (resized).jpeg
#17368 2 years ago

If only they were available over here..?

#17371 2 years ago

Stern website shows B66 in the archive now and not in current games. So I guess its retirement is official now.

#17372 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Stern website shows B66 in the archive now and not in current games. So I guess its retirement is official now.

Had a very long run. If that's the case, people had plenty of time to decide if they wanted one or not. What a great game!

#17373 2 years ago

The December 2021 run of Batman 66 was the final production run. Sadly it’s long run ended. On a positive note it’s a great game that will now dramatically increase in value!

#17374 2 years ago

Batman is still the best game of the LCD era given the level of theme integration, incredible use of audio/visual assets, custom callouts and of course the masterfully deep but approachable code by the incomparable Lyman. So many brilliant touches (my favorites are channel changing, exiting the Batcave after getting the Batphone, and Batturn mode) that immerse you into the game/show. And in the era of topper madness the Batmobile topper is simply perfect.

The game got off to a rocky beginning dismissed as a reskin that suffered from box of lights syndrome until Lyman and George reimagined the original game play. That changed the plan for Villain Vision leaving little on the clever mini TV but gave us the episodic game play that fits brilliantly.

So many gave up on the game early and/or didn’t have the patience to wait the year or so it took to see the game develop and many of those probably regret selling the game given how hard it’s become to find.

Batman 66 was one of my holy grail themes. I lucked into a NIB LE when I thought I had missed the boat and would have been happy with the game even if the initial code had never changed. But what it is now - Wow!

Don’t like the changes for Internet Connected so I think my game is complete at 1.05 though may change my mind if jukebox mode is added.

#17375 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman is still the best game of the LCD era given the level of theme integration, incredible use of audio/visual assets, custom callouts and of course the masterfully deep but approachable code by the incomparable Lyman. So many brilliant touches (my favorites are channel changing, exiting the Batcave after getting the Batphone, and Batturn mode) that immerse you into the game/show. And in the era of topper madness the Batmobile topper is simply perfect.
The game got off to a rocky beginning dismissed as a reskin that suffered from box of lights syndrome until Lyman and George reimagined the original game play. That changed the original plan for Villain Vision leaving little on the clever mini TV but gave us the episodic game play that fits brilliantly.
So many gave up on the game early and/or didn’t have the patience to wait the year or so it took to see the game develop and many of those probably regret selling the game given how hard it’s become to find.
Batman 66 was one of my holy grail themes. I lucked into a NIB LE when I thought I had missed the boat and would have been happy with the game even if the initial code had never changed. But what it is now - Wow!
Don’t like the changes for Internet Connected so I think my game is complete at 1.05 though may change my mind if jukebox mode is added.

Well said.

The only thing missing from 100% total theme integration is the use of the Nelson Riddle music. The iconic Neal Hefti main theme is there which is great but Nelson Riddle did all the other the music thst was in the show. He had unique theme music for each of the main villains and many of the minor villains which would have been great in the game. The generic "jazzy" music in the game is OK but Nelson Riddle's music would be so much better.

Unfortunately the complete Nelson Riddle score for the show has never been released. There was a short LP from the show that had a few tracks on it and then1966 film score was also released.

One if these days I'd love to try and use PB browser to try and get the more Nelson Riddle music in there.

#17376 2 years ago

I have only known the new code ,I am wondering if I need to try and go back on old code.

#17377 2 years ago
Quoted from MachineGunGuy:

The December 2021 run of Batman 66 was the final production run.

…in its existing form. A vault edition or a SLE EHoH40 type edition is always a possibility with Stern.

#17378 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well said.
The only thing missing from 100% total theme integration is the use of the Nelson Riddle music. The iconic Neal Hefti main theme is there which is great but Nelson Riddle did all the other the music thst was in the show. He had unique theme music for each of the main villains and many of the minor villains which would have been great in the game. The generic "jazzy" music in the game is OK but Nelson Riddle's music would be so much better.
Unfortunately the complete Nelson Riddle score for the show has never been released. There was a short LP from the show that had a few tracks on it and then1966 film score was also released.
One if these days I'd love to try and use PB browser to try and get the more Nelson Riddle music in there.

Couldn't agree more, Doc.

As a musician, one of the things that I had always appreciated about watching Batman on TV was the music of Nelson Riddle (although Billy May had some nice entries in season 3, too.).

I actually did use PBbrowser a while ago and substituted the music from the second Penguin mode with a Riddle chart from the movie; it fits rather nicely (In fact, it was a modified version of the clip that you referenced.).

#17379 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Couldn't agree more, Doc.
As a musician, one of the things that I had always appreciated about watching Batman on TV was the music of Nelson Riddle (although Billy May had some nice entries in season 3, too.).
I actually did use PBbrowser a while ago and substituted the music from the second Penguin mode with a Riddle chart from the movie; it fits rather nicely.

Lots of good music from the 1966 film but is.only a small fraction of what he created for the first two seasons. There have some great muti-disc boxsets of complete scores for other classic 60's -70's era shows (star trek, lost in space, wonder woman, mission impossible, land of the giants, jonny quest, time tunnel, etc) but no 66 Batman yet.

#17380 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lots of good music from the 1966 film but is.only a small fraction of what he created for the first two seasons. There have some great muti-disc boxsets of complete scores for other classic 60's -70's era shows (star trek, lost in space, wonder woman, mission impossible, land of the giants, jonny quest, time tunnel, etc) but no 66 Batman yet.

Yes; I have the Star Trek set, which is phenomenal.

I would certainly welcome a Batman set of Nelson Riddle music.

#17381 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would think we could extract Nelson Riddle scores straight off the disks. I too love his musical arrangements. Could be done in Final Cut Pro, then added to PB browser. Have gone to great lengths to improve sound by connecting directly to the CN5 Spike 2 board directly using additional amps, to improve what scores are there now. For some reason, until I did that, Bat66 audio sounded somewhat muddy or like it was coming from an old monorail system. Pretty sure Stern did not use hi-def audio tracks. Extracting a more pure hi-def track from original material could be fun, if someone has PB skills to lay it into the code. I’m strictly a Mac user or could do it. I’m also a musician and appreciate Nelson’s work on other shows like I Dream of Jeannie, etc too. Those were the days when they really knew how to make music.

#17382 2 years ago

Got a Node 8 board missing error today, bottom half of the GI are out, not detecting any balls in trough. Reading on the issue some people mentioned it may be due to a coindoor interlock switch issue, I discovered. my machine doesn’t have one.

It has less than 2K plays, HUO and has run solid up to this point. Any suggestions other than ordering a new board?

#17383 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Got a Node 8 board missing error today … Any suggestions other than ordering a new board?

First two things:
Check to make sure connecting cables aren’t loose
Swap boards 8 and 9 after setting the dip switches correctly. If your new node 9 board reports missing, the board is probably bad.

You could also try reflashing an SD card but that is a long shot.

#17384 2 years ago

One of the first things I did was add some Nelson Riddle music to my game. Especially to the Villain Escape mode. I hate the music Stern used. Here's a couple of my vids. Maybe it will inspire someone to do something even better.

#17385 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First two things:
Check to make sure connecting cables aren’t loose
Swap boards 8 and 9 after setting the dip switches correctly. If your new node 9 board reports missing, the board is probably bad.
You could also try reflashing an SD card but that is a long shot.

Had the same problem, I swapped the bad node 9 with 8 and it was still showing missing 9 board. I bought a brand-new board installed it in the node 8 spot because I swapped it, everything worked fine, I powered off the machine put the glass back powered on the machine and it again was showing missing node board 9. I couldn’t believe it! I had to buy another new node board, in the end It was a loose wire that broke off the EOS switch solder joint, I re-soldered it then replaced the new node and everything works great now! Make sure you go into service mode and check for errors first!

#17386 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

One of the first things I did was add some Nelson Riddle music to my game. Especially to the Villain Escape mode. I hate the music Stern used. Here's a couple of my vids. Maybe it will inspire someone to do something even better.

This is so awesome, I have no clue on how to do this! Would love to do the same, please if possible can you let me know the process

#17387 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

i believe so. i was told iron maiden and strangers things are also done. start wars is not yet.

#17388 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Love the music you added!

#17389 2 years ago

Thanks very much. If u check out my other vids you'll see I added Penguin quacks to the crane hits.

#17390 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:Thanks very much. If u check out my other vids you'll see I added Penguin quacks to the crane hits.

Can someone post some code with these changes,like many other have done with other games!
Thanks

#17391 2 years ago

Thank you Yelobird The Mod Couple, awesome mods and super fast service & delivery! Can’t wait to install these!

4EF3E95B-9CAC-41B4-8F69-686623C59780 (resized).jpeg4EF3E95B-9CAC-41B4-8F69-686623C59780 (resized).jpeg
#17392 2 years ago

The Atomic Pile mod is one of the best mods ever!
An absolute must for Batman 66 pin owners.

#17393 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yep, would be even better if it didn't arrive broken. I had to superglue one of the stacks back on, not sure how long it will last. Live and learn. Super cool mod though.

#17394 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s one of the few good 3D printed mods, because it has the red plastic flasher dome that is not 3D printed, so from afar it looks better than most 3D printed material, with all the low rez chaotic wrap lines, typical grey coloring and inconsistencies associated with 3D printed items.

Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Yep, would be even better if it didn't arrive broken. I had to superglue one of the stacks back on, not sure how long it will last. Live and learn. Super cool mod though.

Your’s arrived broken, but it only took one airball that blew out my Modcouple atomic pile, where super glue won’t hold it well. Money down the drain. Stern made their atomic pile the way they did for a very good reason. Airballs do not damage it, with brighter lighting, durability and it looks quite good too.

#17395 2 years ago

Setting question for you guys:

Do you have your gadget settings set to one or do you allow more then one to stack?

#17396 2 years ago

I realize this question is probably posted here annoyingly often, but is there a chance any of you group members know of a distributor that might have a NIB BM66 from last year's year-end run? I'm on the hunt, calling around to distributors and sending emails, but any leads would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

#17397 2 years ago

so the word is don't update to 1.06 only update to 1.05?

if anyone has 1.05 please PM me. I am on 0.95

#17398 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

PM sent

#17399 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

mine was updated before I got it.Would you mind sending me 1.05 if I can go backwards .

#17400 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s one of the few good 3D printed mods, because it has the red plastic flasher dome that is not 3D printed, so from afar it looks better than most 3D printed material, with all the low rez chaotic wrap lines, typical grey coloring and inconsistencies associated with 3D printed items.

Your’s arrived broken, but it only took one airball that blew out my Modcouple atomic pile, where super glue won’t hold it well. Money down the drain. Stern made their atomic pile the way they did for a very good reason. Airballs do not damage it, with brighter lighting, durability and it looks quite good too.

I " modded the mod" in this case, adding much needed flasher power, and got creative in a couple reinforcement spots ( only turned in a " pile" once prior, lol).

Computer overlays can be suspect as well ( broke the top off one...went another route w metal covers).

Definitely have to be careful w these, as that area gets smacked pretty good on occasion...

( looks great and will hope for a resin version at some point w additional flash power)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/348?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.