IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 374.
#17101 2 years ago

I'm having an issue with my turntable. When the game is turned on the bat cave ball lock post goes up and down repeatedly until eventually the following error message appears:

"DEVICE MALFUNCTION TURNTABLE LOCKUP"

Background:
I lowered the head and moved the pin few days ago. During the first game after setting it back up the turntable locked up. I turned it off and found some wires had gotten wrapped up on the turntable motor shift. These wires were NOT the ones in the Bat Tube. The wires caught were the ethernet cable between nodes 0 and 1, two ground wires, and one 48V wire.

What I have done so far:
- Inspected the wires for damage and taped the damaged insulation. I didn't find any breaks in continuity.
- Ran a node communication test between nodes 0 and 1 which I believe should confirm that the ethernet cable is working ok
- Ran a test of all turntable functions including the diverter gate and batcave ball lock post. All worked with no error messages.

I'm lost as to what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#17102 2 years ago

I finally got to install the shifter handle I made. I powder coated it in "Signal Red." I had previously presumed that the Batmobile had a manual transmission, but it had an automatic with a red T-handle shifter.

I'm willing to make more, if there is interest.

20220103_195305 (resized).jpg20220103_195305 (resized).jpg20220103_195311 (resized).jpg20220103_195311 (resized).jpg20220103_195323 (resized).jpg20220103_195323 (resized).jpg
#17103 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I finally got to install the shifter handle I made. I powder coated it in "Signal Red." I had previously presumed that the Batmobile had a manual transmission, but it had an automatic with a red T-handle shifter.
I'm willing to make more, if there is interest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The interior.

130129981-2 (resized).jpg130129981-2 (resized).jpg
#17104 2 years ago

When did Batman have rainbow shifters and Bat turn lever?!

#17105 2 years ago

Most of the photos I've found looked more like this:

Interior_Batmobile.width-704 (resized).pngInterior_Batmobile.width-704 (resized).png
#17106 2 years ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

The interior.
[quoted image]

That photo looks like someone’s homebrew rendition.

#17107 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

That photo looks like someone’s homebrew rendition.

It is suppose to be the original Batmobile that sold for over $4 Million at the Barret Jackson auction.

https://www.themanual.com/uncategorized/holy-catch-phrase-batman-the-original-batmobile-is-for-sale/

#17108 2 years ago

What’s a big bat phone hurry up score?

Anyone have a really big score? I’m only at 55M.

#17109 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What’s a big bat phone hurry up score?
Anyone have a really big score? I’m only at 55M.

My goal is to get a 1-billion bat phone - it should totally be doable but the best I've managed thus far is around 275M.

#17110 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

My goal is to get a 1-billion bat phone - it should totally be doable but the best I've managed thus far is around 275M.

#17111 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I don't think I'd be able to tolerate the bat phone ringing sound for that long.. oof..

#17112 2 years ago

I've been on the road nearly constantly since Batman arrived. I finally finished all of the mods I had planned, and an unexpected one today:

I noticed when locked balls were released, that they rolled under the left ramp, then along the edge of the ramp edge. This would cause them to go STDM. This was especially evident of there were two balls locked at the end of a game. When the turntable repositioned to release the balls, they rolled perfectly between the flippers. I think early games had a post back there, but it pinched rubber often.

My solution was stretching a spare 5/16 rubber over the rail. Now when the game releases, it hits a flipper every time.

20220106_165849 (resized).jpg20220106_165849 (resized).jpg20220106_171016 (resized).jpg20220106_171016 (resized).jpg
#17113 2 years ago

Hey guys Just joined the club today with a NIB. I just want to say i have no idea what the rules are or how to do anything or what the goal is. I have two issues. How do i fix the crane alignment. The two spots closest to resting position are off when crane is moving and second. Is the left outlane supposed to be this clunky? I'm having a hard time making the shot and on the times i can it doesn't have enough power to reach the scoop as you can hear it clank metal as it hits something coming through the loop. Other than that everything seems good.

#17114 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys Just joined the club today with a NIB. I just want to say i have no idea what the rules are or how to do anything or what the goal is. I have two issues. How do i fix the crane alignment. The two spots closest to resting position are off when crane is moving and second. Is the left outlane supposed to be this clunky? I'm having a hard time making the shot and on the times i can it doesn't have enough power to reach the scoop as you can hear it clank metal as it hits something coming through the loop. Other than that everything seems good.

I get the occassional clunk on the left orbit, but it's a fairly makeable shot so it shouldn't be too difficult. Scoring is all about building the shot multipliers during a long ball w/ the playfield/mode multipliers, and the minor villain bonuses, namely the mr freeze/bookworm stack (and tuts get you channel multipliers).

#17115 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

My left orbit shot is sometimes clunky, I increased the pitch made the back legs longer and the shot became a bit less clunky. Not sure if it was the increase pitch or just me getting better.

The rules are exactly what makes this game great. http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463#toc1

#17116 2 years ago

I’m also wanting to see how to fix the crane alignment, there is a feature adjustment called crane lag (I think it’s #173) but it didn’t do much. I’m still off on the first two inserts.

64288E32-2F10-42C8-A3F6-71EF523C5D43 (resized).jpeg64288E32-2F10-42C8-A3F6-71EF523C5D43 (resized).jpeg

#17117 2 years ago

Snagged these at Walmart today for about $9 each. Batmobile might be a tad too large, but the Batcopter is going to be spot on.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Now I have to go thru the thread again and see where people are sticking these.

#17118 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m also wanting to see how to fix the crane alignment, there is a feature adjustment called crane lag (I think it’s #173) but it didn’t do much. I’m still off on the first two inserts.
[quoted image]

Check this post on adjusting the opto flag -

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/264#post-4976302

Probably needs added to the index on page 1.

#17119 2 years ago

Is there a way to turn down the flipper power? I didn’t see it in the settings

#17120 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there a way to turn down the flipper power? I didn’t see it in the settings

I’m pretty sure no. I think a code update will happen soon and I’m really hoping they add it.

#17121 2 years ago

hey folks I may be purchasing a really low play batman 66 from the original run in 2017. Is there anything I need to look for with those older runs? Were there problems with chipping/pooling around posts or anything?

#17122 2 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Check this post on adjusting the opto flag -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/264#post-4976302
Probably needs added to the index on page 1.

I don't see how to adjust, the linked post shows a screw under the crane toy but I don't see any instructions of what I need to do with that screw.

#17123 2 years ago

So I've dug a little deep, confirmed continuity in all wires that were caught and/or damaged. I manually tripped each switch in the batcave. The batphone targets are not registering and a light on the bat analyzer is not on. I'm guessing something was pulled loose but there is nothing obvious.

My question is to dig deeper into this will I need to remove the turntable? If I do have is there a procedure for this?

Quoted from Mopario:

I'm having an issue with my turntable. When the game is turned on the bat cave ball lock post goes up and down repeatedly until eventually the following error message appears:
"DEVICE MALFUNCTION TURNTABLE LOCKUP"
Background:
I lowered the head and moved the pin few days ago. During the first game after setting it back up the turntable locked up. I turned it off and found some wires had gotten wrapped up on the turntable motor shift. These wires were NOT the ones in the Bat Tube. The wires caught were the ethernet cable between nodes 0 and 1, two ground wires, and one 48V wire.
What I have done so far:
- Inspected the wires for damage and taped the damaged insulation. I didn't find any breaks in continuity.
- Ran a node communication test between nodes 0 and 1 which I believe should confirm that the ethernet cable is working ok
- Ran a test of all turntable functions including the diverter gate and batcave ball lock post. All worked with no error messages.
I'm lost as to what to try next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#17124 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopario:

So I've dug a little deep, confirmed continuity in all wires that were caught and/or damaged. I manually tripped each switch in the batcave. The batphone targets are not registering and a light on the bat analyzer is not on. I'm guessing something was pulled loose but there is nothing obvious.
My question is to dig deeper into this will I need to remove the turntable? If I do have is there a procedure for this?

Mind posting some pictures? Maybe someone with more experience can comment on what you need to do (i.e. maybe you don't need to remove the turntable)?

#17125 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopario:

I would unplug the damaged node cable and try a new one there first. Also you can swap similar node boards across or between games and adjust the jumpers accordingly to isolate the wiring as the problem, that is a pain but necessary sometimes.

#17126 2 years ago

Happy Anniversary to the Batman TV series which first aired on January 12th, 1966.

#17127 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hey folks I may be purchasing a really low play batman 66 from the original run in 2017. Is there anything I need to look for with those older runs? Were there problems with chipping/pooling around posts or anything?

I think the first runs may have not had the plastic cable chaffing protector on the stationary turntable frame. So when the turntable turns, the cabling wraps around the moving turntable frame and just clears the stationary part of the frame. There is a chance if the cabling is not kinda tight around the moving turntable that it could rub against the stationary frame. On my game, there is a plastic shield on the stationary frame part so that the cabling will rub on the plastic but i believe on earlier models, there was no shield so if the cabling did rub it could be on the edge of kinda sharp metal. the cabling wasn't intended to touch that metal but i think ive seen someone have an issue where their cabling got frayed due to this. This is nothing to steer you away from buying the machine at all, but if you dont have the plastic protector either 1. try to get it from stern and install it, or 2. just make sure the cabling isnt rubbing and freying.

#17128 2 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

i think ive seen someone have an issue where their cabling got frayed due to this.

Definitely happened to me, although my game isn't from the first run, it's from at least 1-2 years after launch. I wouldn't be overly concerned shopping for a game either, just do some play testing and inspection top and bottom side just like you would on any other game, and enjoy. It's an amazing game.

#17129 2 years ago

Anyone have a Batman 66 LE translite for sale, I will pay top dollar for one

Please pm me

Thank you
Tony

#17130 2 years ago

Looking to buy or trade for an SLE - send me a PM if you know where one might be.

#17131 2 years ago

EDIT: Sold / Thanks!

#17132 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Mind posting some pictures? Maybe someone with more experience can comment on what you need to do (i.e. maybe you don't need to remove the turntable)?

I can post pictures. What do you want to see? The damaged wires were all tested for continuity.

#17133 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I would unplug the damaged node cable and try a new one there first. Also you can swap similar node boards across or between games and adjust the jumpers accordingly to isolate the wiring as the problem, that is a pain but necessary sometimes.

The node cable tested fine and continuity checked out at all pins. I think they are just cat 5 cables though so I can swap one in to see if that makes a change but it shouldn't.

The node board for the turntable is tucked into the turntable so I don't see how to access it with removing or disassembling the turntable.

I want to check the connections for the bat phone targets but am not sure how to a. Ess them. Advice on that would be very helpful.

#17134 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopario:

I can post pictures. What do you want to see? The damaged wires were all tested for continuity.

Not so much for me, I thought it might help the BM66 community spot something, that's all.

#17135 2 years ago

Picked up this beauty at the FedEx terminal last night!

10A31C49-EBED-4DDA-97D7-2B9C62C65EDC (resized).jpeg10A31C49-EBED-4DDA-97D7-2B9C62C65EDC (resized).jpeg
#17136 2 years ago

had a good game last night.
Of course, bookworm/freeze first, then 5x tuts and 3x pf
I also had, by accident, gotten the 5x shot multiplier setup on the bat turn shot.

Went in to VE and then started egghead to finish off/light a tv wizard mode...then chose holy batman (which has the SJP on the center shot).

I was smart about it and when I got down to two balls on holy, I let them both drain at the same time...which started VE phase 2 and re-starts holy.

So, obviously a lot of setup, but it paid off nicely. At one point I remember seeing a Holy SJP of 24B and a VE SJP of 56B.

Ended up with 265B total score, good enough for high score #1.
Also got the VE high score of 176B.

I havent been playing b66 much because of newer arrivals, but b66 is SO fun when you get things going.

#17137 2 years ago

Do you guys frown on adding time to the minor villain modes? I’m not that good so hardly ever finish the modes thought of bumping them up to 60s just to help me out.

#17138 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you guys frown on adding time to the minor villain modes? I’m not that good so hardly ever finish the modes thought of bumping them up to 60s just to help me out.

I’m terrible and probably have about a 20% success rate for completing all but the easiest minor villain modes. Hadn’t considered changing the time of them in the settings, that might be worthwhile.

Imo, do whatever makes the game fun for you without making it so easy that you tire of it too quickly. Wizard and Mini Wizard modes have to feel special and rare for me to want to keep playing, and I like that it doesn’t happen (for me) very often.

#17139 2 years ago

I could change the minor villain mode time to infinite and it wouldn't matter! Seems like I always get a drain just before completing them!

#17140 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’m terrible and probably have about a 20% success rate for completing all but the easiest minor villain modes. Hadn’t considered changing the time of them in the settings, that might be worthwhile.
Imo, do whatever makes the game fun for you without making it so easy that you tire of it too quickly. Wizard and Mini Wizard modes have to feel special and rare for me to want to keep playing, and I like that it doesn’t happen (for me) very often.

I think there should be a time pressure to the modes not unlimited time like are in the major modes. Maybe 55-65 Seconds will be a happy medium where there’s some time pressure but not just that you can take all day.

#17141 2 years ago

My strategy is to collect 2-3 gadgets before starting bookworm, and then also have 2-3 gadgets going into freeze. Once you collect freeze, all timers are frozen, so modes never time out.

#17142 2 years ago

If you light mystery while playing a minor villain and hit the scoop, you gain 20 seconds. I think this is key especially with bookworm.

Also Mr. Freeze will get rid of all those pesky timers

#17143 2 years ago

Reading everyone's comments about strategies...I guess I'm clueless about this pin. LOL

The attention to details you guys know is amazing.

#17144 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Reading everyone's comments about strategies...I guess I'm clueless about this pin. LOL
The attention to details you guys know is amazing.

Yeah...I'm too worried about keeping the ball out of the out lanes and from going down the middle to worry about strategy! LOL

#17145 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopario:

The node cable tested fine and continuity checked out at all pins. I think they are just cat 5 cables though so I can swap one in to see if that makes a change but it shouldn't.
The node board for the turntable is tucked into the turntable so I don't see how to access it with removing or disassembling the turntable.
I want to check the connections for the bat phone targets but am not sure how to a. Ess them. Advice on that would be very helpful.

Pretty sure it's been covered in this thread, I haven't done one myself but will be assisting my buddy on that removal and shore-up next week so if you find a good source please share-

#17146 2 years ago

My December build B66 is finally home and ready to go! Does anyone know if anyone makes an aftermarket bat gadget selector sticker for the lockdown bar. Those stickers didn’t survive being removed for powder coating. I will probably just do the mod couple mod for the lockdown button. Any leads or suggestions would be appreciated.

A441E2DC-3DD1-4A2B-BC91-5E4B46C89FF9 (resized).jpegA441E2DC-3DD1-4A2B-BC91-5E4B46C89FF9 (resized).jpegA88740CC-6823-4EAF-BCD8-9CAC2568245D (resized).jpegA88740CC-6823-4EAF-BCD8-9CAC2568245D (resized).jpegCB977710-818B-43F9-AF39-6F6C85C91B37 (resized).jpegCB977710-818B-43F9-AF39-6F6C85C91B37 (resized).jpeg26B89259-5714-41D0-BA58-BADED59CBF50 (resized).jpeg26B89259-5714-41D0-BA58-BADED59CBF50 (resized).jpegA7A46FBE-F453-46DC-9445-8FB3653C9D37 (resized).jpegA7A46FBE-F453-46DC-9445-8FB3653C9D37 (resized).jpeg
#17147 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

My December build B66 is finally home and ready to go! Does anyone know if anyone makes an aftermarket bat gadget selector sticker for the lockdown bar. Those stickers didn’t survive being removed for powder coating. I will probably just do the mod couple mod for the lockdown button. Any leads or suggestions would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I need this sticker as well. I have not contacted Stern yet but I'm going to try that route.

#17148 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I need this sticker as well. I have not contacted Stern yet but I'm going to try that route.

Yeah good point. I bet they may send one to me.

#17149 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, who did you powered coating?

#17150 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I looked when I considered power coating mine, but I could only find the bat sticker around the action button, not the gadget one.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-2441-00-D

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/343?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.