IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 374.
#16801 2 years ago

after looking at what's available for flipper toppers, i just didn't like the artwork. decided to just cut a simple design out of vinyl decal. i think they turned out great, clean and simple.

IMG_8380 (resized).JPGIMG_8380 (resized).JPG
#16802 2 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

after looking at what's available for flipper toppers, i just didn't like the artwork. decided to just cut a simple design out of vinyl decal. i think they turned out great, clean and simple.
[quoted image]

This just gave me an idea-- I wonder how it would look with some classic Batman '66 labels that say "LEFT FLIPPER" and "RIGHT FLIPPER" on the top of each flipper.. maybe in those retro embossed label-maker labels:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16803 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This just gave me an idea-- I wonder how it would look with some classic Batman '66 labels that say "LEFT FLIPPER" and "RIGHT FLIPPER" on the top of each flipper.. maybe in those retro embossed label-maker labels:[quoted image]

Cool idea...definitely needs to say LEFT or RIGHT “BAT FLIPPER” to be true to the show.

#16804 2 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

[quoted image]

Look Batawesome

2 weeks later
#16805 2 years ago

My Batman 66 appears to be having a technical issue. Can someone explain to me the issue and how to go about getting it fixed?

#16806 2 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

My Batman 66 appears to be having a technical issue. Can someone explain to me the issue and how to go about getting it fixed?

Mis-adjusted switch triggering from vibration.

Glass off, go to system menu, enter switch test mode, bang the playfield firmly with your open palm in various places and watch the screen to see which switch is triggered by the vibration. Adjust that switch to be less sensitive.

1 week later
#16807 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to hear something like it’s going to ship in 2-3 weeks or so. Instead I got sometime in the late fall/winter.

I just got an update from my distributor, looking like December now.

#16808 2 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

This makes me sad and we will probably get hit with the price increase.

#16809 2 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Of what year? I get that supply chain issues abound. But now we are coming up on the second game release after the delay of a known game that people have deposits on. At some point, don't you prioritize finishing the products of existing customers rather than diverting resources to products targeted toward future customers?

#16810 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

This makes me sad and we will probably get hit with the price increase.

I hope not since I paid in full a while ago.

#16811 2 years ago

I am officially on order for the next (last?) run of BM66, super excited, I had been toying with the buying the pin for a while. I think the theme has grown on me and the rules are what I am really interested in digging into.

#16812 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am officially on order for the next (last?) run of BM66, super excited, I had been toying with the buying the pin for a while. I think the theme has grown on me and the rules are what I am really interested in digging into.

With the minor villains (2-3 stages each), main villains (2 modes per villain, with 2-4 stages each), three mini wizard modes, a wizard mode, bat turn, shot multipliers, mode layering, active channel mechanics, gadgets, multiball, etc, that's a lot of opportunity for some clever integration of achievements and challenges. I'm expecting to get even more depth and mileage once the Insider Connected system is added.

One advantage to you getting on a newer run of the machine is that I think yours will ship with the Insider Connected stuff installed-- so that's cool.

#16813 2 years ago

Yes, Batman is a pinball machine I never get tired of playing. So much fun and I know the layout so well now that the shots just flow off the flippers. When I first purchased it years ago, it seemed to be difficult for me to get much of anything going at times, but I was quite new to pinball then too.

Just added new wiring harness from Pinsound directly connected to my Spike 2 board and must say, the sound has come alive to the next level. So much better than when the sound went inline through CN1 & CN4 regular connection. Which sounded muddy and muffled somewhat by comparison to a Spike 2 direct CN5 board 7 pin connection splitting the back box speakers and the subwoofer directly amplified through separate amplifiers. Now that old Batman monaural sound track is quite good! dinot gave me the idea to use the CN5 connection. So cool Stern offers this direct sound connection.
934907C4-60E4-4748-B646-59ABA84ABEBA (resized).jpeg934907C4-60E4-4748-B646-59ABA84ABEBA (resized).jpeg

#16814 2 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I hope not since I paid in full a while ago.

The increase is supposed to make up for the higher price on freight which would have to be added to your cost. Hopefully I’m wrong.

#16815 2 years ago

Okay, just wondering if there is a final wizard mode for defeating every single villain?
So the 4 major villains and the 14 or whatever it is minor villains in one game?
Also, as you progress through the game and defeat the minor villains from each season, are those same villains re-selectable or are they blocked out for the rest of the game?

#16816 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Okay, just wondering if there is a final wizard mode for defeating every single villain?
So the 4 major villains and the 14 or whatever it is minor villains in one game?
Also, as you progress through the game and defeat the minor villains from each season, are those same villains re-selectable or are they blocked out for the rest of the game?

1 Wish there was a final wizard mode after beating everything.

2 Can reselect minor villains if you jail Madhatter.

#16817 2 years ago

Okay thx for that, the game is certainly full of modes and features
I find it curious though that there is no end game
Maybe another code update
I have one on order from upcoming December build after selling it a few years ago

#16818 2 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

it would be nice to see if there was a final wizard mode, I would never reach it but could see Jack Danger get there would be great.

I have JP and that has the ability to skip to the end (Wizard) without playing your way there. I have not tried it yet but that would be great if other games gave you that option for the impossible to reach end modes.

#16819 2 years ago

Could’ve picked up Elvira HOH today but I had to give up my Batman
Was tempting
Couldn’t do it.
this game,to me,is too unique and after months and months of ownership I’m just starting to feel comfortable with the shots

#16820 2 years ago

It seems that my game always defaults to Penguin as the first villain when you start a game. I know you can change the villain by hitting others before you answer the phone. But does anyone know if there is a way to change the default villain?

#16821 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It seems that my game always defaults to Penguin as the first villain when you start a game. I know you can change the villain by hitting others before you answer the phone. But does anyone know if there is a way to change the default villain?

Its because you put ball in he penguin trough twice...

#16822 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is the bat phone ringing as soon as you start a game? I don't think the villain is chosen until you make a couple of that villain's corresponding shots.

You may have your game adjustments set to start with Penguin fully or almost qualified-- I think there are some adjustments that let you adjust how many shots are required to get the bat phone ringing (Ex: 3 Catwoman shots required to light Catwoman, 2 to light Joker, 1 to light Penguin, etc). I don't know without checking whether you can lower than to zero. If you can, I wonder if that might cause the bat phone to be ringing for Penguin on ball launch?

Edit: Another thought might be that your penguin scoop is registering switch closures when it shouldn't be. Maybe try a switch test to see if that's happening. If it is, you'd see that manifested as the batphone ringing right away because of the shots being "made" immediately.

#16823 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Is the bat phone ringing as soon as you start a game?

No, bat phone is not ringing right away. That works as normal. I was just noticing that every time its on Penguin until i activate a different villain.

#16824 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

No, bat phone is not ringing right away. That works as normal. I was just noticing that every time its on Penguin until i activate a different villain.

Gotcha. I'm guessing either game adjustments are requiring fewer/no shots for Penguin, or your penguin scoop switch needs adjusting. Don't think it's normal for Penguin to be lit until qualified.

#16825 2 years ago

Picked up a catwoman signature edition yesterday. Now just need a topper. Wish Stern would make more toppers. The play field outlanes are signed by Gomez and Sheats in silver paint pen on this. Pretty cool.

09652BF2-4119-4A58-86EF-3F9EEE8E77FA (resized).jpeg09652BF2-4119-4A58-86EF-3F9EEE8E77FA (resized).jpeg
#16826 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Stay out of the penguin hole if it goes there just start someone else
I used to stay away from penguin crane would mess me up now it doesn’t bother me at all

#16827 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Stay out of the penguin hole if it goes there just start someone else
I used to stay away from penguin crane would mess me up now it doesn’t bother me at all

Yes 2 trips to the penguin hole qualifies Penguin.... I usually try and knock him out first.... I think he is the easiest...

#16828 2 years ago

Noticed my catwoman sig edition is also signed by George Gomez and Lyman Sheats.

1B7E9B49-181C-4DE3-9834-44F33D0ACDC4 (resized).jpeg1B7E9B49-181C-4DE3-9834-44F33D0ACDC4 (resized).jpeg9BD6FAA7-DFBA-436A-B6F9-047FA86210A2 (resized).jpeg9BD6FAA7-DFBA-436A-B6F9-047FA86210A2 (resized).jpeg
#16829 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Gotcha. I'm guessing either game adjustments are requiring fewer/no shots for Penguin, or your penguin scoop switch needs adjusting. Don't think it's normal for Penguin to be lit until qualified.

Im a big dope. I just realized what the issue is....nothing. Penguin is lighting just like all the other villains at the start. See in my pic..I was thinking that it goes into the penguin mode first. Sorry for all the confusing. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

IMG_5851 (resized).JPGIMG_5851 (resized).JPG
#16830 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im a big dope. I just realized what the issue is....nothing. Penguin is lighting just like all the other villains at the start. See in my pic..I was thinking that it goes into the penguin mode first. Sorry for all the confusing. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.
[quoted image]

No worries! Glad you figured it out.

FYI, fun tip in case you weren’t aware: when the ball is in the shooter groove you can press and hold the right flipper to “highlight” a villain. Release and press the right flipper again to move to the next villain. While you have the right flipper held and you’re on the villain you want, you can tap the left flipper to switch to the “season 3 version” of that villain. Basically it plays clips from a season 3 episode of the show.

In normal play you can get to these S3 episodes by beating the S1 episode of that major villain and then re-qualifying the same villain again… or you can do the above to choose to start with the S3 episode.

The S3 episodes all include bat girl. joker’s (Surfing Joker) is particularly memorable.

#16831 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

No worries! Glad you figured it out.
FYI, fun tip in case you weren’t aware: when the ball is in the shooter groove you can press and hold the right flipper to “highlight” a villain. Release and press the right flipper again to move to the next villain. While you have the right flipper held and you’re on the villain you want, you can tap the left flipper to switch to the “season 3 version” of that villain. Basically it plays clips from a season 3 episode of the show.
In normal play you can get to these S3 episodes by beating the S1 episode of that major villain and then re-qualifying the same villain again… or you can do the above to choose to start with the S3 episode.
The S3 episodes all include bat girl. joker’s (Surfing Joker) is particularly memorable.

This game just has so many ways to go at it...all integrated so well w the video....I'll leave this game for awhile, playing some of the others. Once I hit start though, an evening of Batman for me....major keeper!!

#16832 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Noticed my catwoman sig edition is also signed by George Gomez and Lyman Sheats.
[quoted image][quoted image]

According to the original flyers, George and Lyman only signed the playfields for the LE/SLE versions. Maybe they had some extras left over for you lucky premium buyers. Or maybe they signed the playfields for all the Catwoman editions?

Any Catwoman editions out there who didn't get a George/Lyman signed playfield?

#16833 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

According to the original flyers, George and Lyman only signed the playfields for the LE/SLE versions. Maybe they had some extras left over for you lucky premium buyers. Or maybe they signed the playfields for all the Catwoman editions?

I checked sold listings and none were signed.

#16834 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Believe you're right Doc. My LE is signed ( of course) ....recall some of the Adam West signed cards made it to some early premiums as well for unknown reasons....guessing a couple left, or possibly an LE playfield from a warranty swap thing or something....

Those SLE'S were so limited ( was it 50 or 75?). I liked the total package of the LE better for some reason back then... still such a great game...

( I'm not really familiar w the Catwoman editions, been out of the thread for quite some time...maybe they get signed too?)

Edit- found that flyer...Catwoman signature = signed Topps card, different translate, and 100 units...who knows..

#16835 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well I know of two Le's that turned up in the UK without signitures as I had one.

#16836 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Believe you're right Doc. My LE is signed ( of course) ....recall some of the Adam West signed cards made it to some early premiums as well for unknown reasons....guessing a couple left, or possibly an LE playfield from a warranty swap thing or something....
Those SLE'S were so limited ( was it 50 or 75?). I liked the total package of the LE better for some reason back then... still such a great game...
( I'm not really familiar w the Catwoman editions, been out of the thread for quite some time...maybe they get signed too?)
Edit- found that flyer...Catwoman signature = signed Topps card, different translate, and 100 units...who knows..

There were maybe about 50(?) spare signed cards which Stern released with some premiums about 2 years ago. I didn't get one with my game, but Lyman was kind to send me one.

George's signature is quite artistic.

Rob

#16837 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My Catwoman has just Julie Newmar’s signature.

#16838 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There were maybe about 50(?) spare signed cards which Stern released with some premiums about 2 years ago. I didn't get one with my game, but Lyman was kind to send me one.
George's signature is quite artistic.
Rob

Yep, I got one of those; a premium with an Adam West signed card.

#16839 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

I ordered a display to try to swap in. the screen that's currently in there works fine, idk if you know about arcade monitors but it looks like the fly back is turned up to high causing raster to fold over colors. that's the only way I know how to describe it. hopefully when the screen arrives it should be a quick swap out.

The new display work for you? Don't leave me hanging!

#16840 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

My Catwoman has just Julie Newmar’s signature.

So it appears some of the Catwoman buyers got lucky and recieved leftover LE/SLE playfields from the initial run almost 5 years ago. Clearcoat on those should be fully cured by now.

#16841 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So it appears some of the Catwoman buyers got lucky and recieved leftover LE/SLE playfields from the initial run almost 5 years ago. Clearcoat on those should be fully cured by now.

Yeah mine is one of them. Seems to be quality. You have one of those bat signals in your store, interested in ordering one.

#16842 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah mine is one of them. Seems to be quality. You have one of those bat signals in your store, interested in ordering one.

It's sacrilege not to have a giant batsignal on your ceiling/wall when playing this awesome game.

#16843 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It's sacrilege not to have a giant batsignal on your ceiling/wall when playing this awesome game.

Couldn’t agree more!!! Lol…Batman would not approve….

#16844 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Couldn’t agree more!!! Lol…Batman would not approve….

Ditto

#16845 2 years ago

New issue on my Batman 66. When the commissioner calls and the phone rings, the turntable turns and stops where it should with phone ringing. Then it turns about 20 degrees further clockwise and stops there. Everything else seems to be ok. Anybody have this issue before?

#16846 2 years ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

New issue on my Batman 66. When the commissioner calls and the phone rings, the turntable turns and stops where it should with phone ringing. Then it turns about 20 degrees further clockwise and stops there. Everything else seems to be ok. Anybody have this issue before?

I had an issue with the grub screw on the turntable motor shaft becoming loose. Just something you could check.

#16847 2 years ago

Hi all,

Im wondering if anyone can send me a photo of node 8 on their Batman 66. Im looking specifically for the wiring on the orange connector. I have been referencing the Bat manual and on screen diagnostics, however the wiring in my machine does not match the manual info.

Thanks a million!

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Hi all,
Im wondering if anyone can send me a photo of node 8 on their Batman 66. Im looking specifically for the wiring on the orange connector. I have been referencing the Bat manual and on screen diagnostics, however the wiring in my machine does not match the manual info.
Thanks a million!

Here's mine. It's a catwoman edition from June 2019. I have it open now and can take better pictures if needed.

B66Node8Orange (resized).jpgB66Noderange (resized).jpg
#16849 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, Batman is a pinball machine I never get tired of playing. So much fun and I know the layout so well now that the shots just flow off the flippers. When I first purchased it years ago, it seemed to be difficult for me to get much of anything going at times, but I was quite new to pinball then too.
Just added new wiring harness from Pinsound directly connected to my Spike 2 board and must say, the sound has come alive to the next level. So much better than when the sound went inline through CN1 & CN4 regular connection. Which sounded muddy and muffled somewhat by comparison to a Spike 2 direct CN5 board 7 pin connection splitting the back box speakers and the subwoofer directly amplified through separate amplifiers. Now that old Batman monaural sound track is quite good! dinot gave me the idea to use the CN5 connection. So cool Stern offers this direct sound connection.
[quoted image]

Is there a specific kit for that?

#16850 2 years ago

Turned on my Batman this AM and all of my high scores are erased with the exception of Grand Champion score. Any idea what could cause this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/337?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.