IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 374.
#16651 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Can't wait to see some pictures!!

Here are a couple of pics with all the mods except the batphone which you can barely see in the upper left.

batcave (resized).JPGbatcave (resized).JPGmostmods (resized).JPGmostmods (resized).JPG
#16652 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

IMHO, any mods that are fully reversible don't fall into your comic book analogy. So as long as you keep the original, you can upgrade to the Atomic pile mod. If you ever decide to sell, you can always switch it back. Right?
Isn't that the best of both worlds? Or maybe I am missing something.

Nailed it!

#16653 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Reading the instructions it sounds pretty easy. I will post after the install with my impressions.

Now that I have installed these items I would say the Atomic Pile is a fairly easy install with the exception of finding the power cord to the original pile. And I do mean pile, the original is an eyesore, ha ha ha. But the new AP is really great and I would have gone to a lot, lot, lot more effort had it been necessary. Definitely a bargain price too when compared to other mods that make such a significant aesthetic improvement as this one does.

The instructions are good Yelobird but would be much better if you would post big versions of the pictures online. The small ones in the printouts were useless for me as is.

#16654 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Here are a couple of pics with all the mods except the batphone which you can barely see in the upper left.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had to take that magnet decal off because the ball wouldn’t release, if u have that problem now u will know that’s the cause.

#16655 2 years ago

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback on my mods concerns. I agree with the logic in the posts and i will definitely start installing some mods.

#16656 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I had to take that magnet decal off because the ball wouldn’t release, if u have that problem now u will know that’s the cause.

Thanks for your post on this. I will keep an eye out. Fortunately I waxed before I cal'd like the instructions suggested so I should be good if removal is necessary.

#16657 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks for your post on this. I will keep an eye out. Fortunately I waxed before I cal'd like the instructions suggested so I should be good if removal is necessary.

FWIW. My ball frequently doesn’t release from the magnet and I don’t have the decal

#16658 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

FWIW. My ball frequently doesn’t release from the magnet and I don’t have the decal

MIne always releases.....does not grab very often.... lol

#16659 2 years ago

Is there a BM66 start button with a bat logo? Similar to this one for ST?

Engage (resized).pngEngage (resized).png
#16660 2 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Is there a BM66 start button with a bat logo? Similar to this one for ST?[quoted image]

You mean something like this?

rps20210508_121122 (resized).jpgrps20210508_121122 (resized).jpg
#16661 2 years ago

Anyone with a order in on the current batch get a shipping update?

#16662 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You mean something like this?[quoted image]

Yes! Where did you find that?

#16663 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Did you play with the height of the magnet at all to try and resolve this?

#16664 2 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Yes! Where did you find that?

I made it for my machine a long time ago. Maybe I should make some more and put them in my pinside shop.

#16665 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I made it for my machine a long time ago. Maybe I should make some more and put them in my pinside shop.

Yes Please, Ill take one

#16666 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Did you play with the height of the magnet at all to try and resolve this?

Nope just took the decal off and it worked %100 correctly since

#16667 2 years ago

How did you all attach your bat mobile hot wheels car to the playfield? I have a hot wheels on the way and was thinking about mounting it to the left of the shooter lane but no idea what to use

#16668 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How did you all attach your bat mobile hot wheels car to the playfield? I have a hot wheels on the way and was thinking about mounting it to the left of the shooter lane but no idea what to use

Yelobird sells a mounting plate you can use to mount different vehicles over the shooter lane. As well a whole bunch of other cool Batman66 mods.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/stern-batman-66-custom-mods-collection/products/batman-66-custom-eaglemoss-hot-wheels-universal-plate-mod-kit

#16669 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

This is the Hallmark car...I used 2 dabs of hot glue from glue gun

batmob (resized).jpgbatmob (resized).jpg
#16670 2 years ago

I've had my BM66 NIB with an Oct 22, 2020 build date since early November. It is my first pin. Right out of the box, the top half of the playfield did not work. So, I flip up the field and checked all the connections by pressing gently on each connection I could get my hands to. I slid the playfield back in place and it worked. 30 to 40 plays later, the top half of the playfield went out again. "Node board 9 not found" is the error message displayed and this has gone on since ownership. I emailed Stern and eventually they shipped me a new Node Board 9 and I replaced it with the new one. Guess what? It didn't fix the damn thing! So, I go and check all the connections underneath again, replaced everything back to normal and it worked! Yes! My wife is happy and we get a great 30 to 40 games in and then it happened again. Did I buy a $7600 lemon? I just noticed that the ball lands in the top right eject when it flakes out. It does not flake out every time it lands in the eject, just when the game eventually dies, the ball is always in the top right scoop. Any ideas on which connector could be the culprit? By Stern's request, I disconnect and reconnect as many node cables on both Node 8 and Node 9 that I can get to and that usually solves the problem for a short while, but what a pain in the ass! I am beyond frustrated.

#16671 2 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

I've had my BM66 NIB with an Oct 22, 2020 build date since early November. It is my first pin. Right out of the box, the top half of the playfield did not work. So, I flip up the field and checked all the connections by pressing gently on each connection I could get my hands to. I slid the playfield back in place and it worked. 30 to 40 plays later, the top half of the playfield went out again. "Node board 9 not found" is the error message displayed and this has gone on since ownership. I emailed Stern and eventually they shipped me a new Node Board 9 and I replaced it with the new one. Guess what? It didn't fix the damn thing! So, I go and check all the connections underneath again, replaced everything back to normal and it worked! Yes! My wife is happy and we get a great 30 to 40 games in and then it happened again. Did I buy a $7600 lemon? I just noticed that the ball lands in the top right eject when it flakes out. It does not flake out every time it lands in the eject, just when the game eventually dies, the ball is always in the top right scoop. Any ideas on which connector could be the culprit? By Stern's request, I disconnect and reconnect as many node cables on both Node 8 and Node 9 that I can get to and that usually solves the problem for a short while, but what a pain in the ass! I am beyond frustrated.

Just a guess, but look to see if any of the boards have transistors touching each other, where the cable harness attaches. Wonder if they are shorting out? That use to be an issue with a few, under the playfield. Also check the cable harness.

#16672 2 years ago

Has your distributor helped you at all?

You will have to visually inspect coils, lamp sockets and switches for a possible short. Since this is node9, that is the rear half of the playfield where you need to look. Everything in the front half (closest to player) is controlled by node 8.

Next time it fails, open the coin door and go into the node board diagnostics. Is there an overcurrent error?

You could also try replacing the RJ45 cable between node 8 and node 9, but I don't think that is the problem.

Rob

#16673 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has your distributor helped you at all?
You will have to visually inspect coils, lamp sockets and switches for a possible short. Since this is node9, that is the rear half of the playfield where you need to look. Everything in the front half (closest to player) is controlled by node 8.
Next time it fails, open the coin door and go into the node board diagnostics. Is there an overcurrent error?
You could also try replacing the RJ45 cable between node 8 and node 9, but I don't think that is the problem.
Rob

Well, my distributor has me a contact within Stern who is trying to assist me via email. Crazy thing is, I checked all connections and un-hooked several cables and reconnected them last time it went out and now its playing fine again. Since I touched so many connections, I don't know which one is the culprit. Lol.. I will have to keep trying to narrow down the potential issue when it fails again. I ran several tests last night per Stern requests and all the switches and coils passed. I was thinking about the RJ45 cables as well. I reconnect them every time I lift the playfield. I wonder if I have a bad snap connector on one end?

#16674 2 years ago

Just got my all time high score, 44 BILLION! Now my arms/forearms are KILLING me lol. Game felt like it was an hour long, probably close to that. Anyone else ever just get exhausted after a huge game?

#16675 2 years ago

Bad news for those of us expecting a shipment this month. Got word today from my distributor that Mando has pushed Batman production to July.

#16676 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just got my all time high score, 44 BILLION! Now my arms/forearms are KILLING me lol. Game felt like it was an hour long, probably close to that. Anyone else ever just get exhausted after a huge game?

44 Billion? Shit, there’s no hope for me.

#16677 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

44 Billion? Shit, there’s no hope for me.

Agreed. I am happy with 1 billion!

#16678 2 years ago

Well, my distributor has me a contact within Stern who is trying to assist me via email. Crazy thing is, I checked all connections and un-hooked several cables and reconnected them last time it went out and now its playing fine again. Since I touched so many connections, I don't know which one is the culprit. Lol.. I will have to keep trying to narrow down the potential issue when it fails again. I ran several tests last night per Stern requests and all the switches and coils passed. I was thinking about the RJ45 cables as well. I reconnect them every time I lift the playfield. I wonder if I have a bad snap connector on one end?

I'd say you have an intermittent short somewhere. This almost always leads back to a bad bulb or bulb socket. It will cause the whole node board to shut down. My Elvira had a short between a bulb socket and standup target. It was very intermittent too.

Rob

#16679 2 years ago

EStroh, can you possible attach your copy so it can be printed. Thanks.

Quoted from EStroh:

I used the file that Ben1981 made and changed it to purple with black text so my old eyes can read it better. I added yellow circles for the "gadget immune" villains. Then I laminated it.
Thanks again Ben1981 for your work!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tq=&tu=ben1981
[quoted image]

#16680 2 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

EStroh, can you possible attach your copy so it can be printed. Thanks.

My contribution to the efforts of Ben1981:
The yellow circles around the Mad Hatter and Egghead denote "gadget immune"
The yellow wording in "the Ogg Couple" is meant to note "gadget immune" for wave 1
The original sheet by Ben1981 incorrectly noted 3 waves for "The Ogg Couple". There are actually 4 waves.
And of course the color change of the overall document so old farts like me can read it with our aging eyes!

minor villans 9 (resized).jpgminor villans 9 (resized).jpg
#16681 2 years ago

Looks great, Do you print it Poster size? I have old eyes too!

#16682 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Agreed. I am happy with 1 billion!

Quoted from Rob_G:

I'd say you have an intermittent short somewhere. This almost always leads back to a bad bulb or bulb socket. It will cause the whole node board to shut down. My Elvira had a short between a bulb socket and standup target. It was very intermittent too.
Rob

Thanks for the suggestion. Next time it goes out, I will investigate the bulb sockets.

#16683 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Looks great, Do you print it Poster size? I have old eyes too!

I put on a USB drive....and took to Staples....print 8x10 and laminate...

#16684 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Forgive my ignorance, is this sheet for the order of villains to be played? I always played Bookworm first then Mr. Freeze then Tut. That doesnt always work out for me though.

#16685 2 years ago

Hey folks I got some questions. So I'm I'm currently debating mentally if I should buy the new GnR or my favorite game of all time, Batman '66. I know the last run is this July so I'm likely going to make up my mind this weekend. It would also be my first NIB.

What problems are usually found on a BM '66 or in general how well does it hold up?
I really like the Julie Newmar art package and did they limit that run to only 100 ever made?

Thanks and I hope to join the club potentially this weekend!

#16686 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Forgive my ignorance, is this sheet for the order of villains to be played? I always played Bookworm first then Mr. Freeze then Tut. That doesnt always work out for me though.

Me neither..... can very rarely beat Bookworm without a drain.... lol and then if I do.... cant get to Freeze..... but its a fun challenge...

#16687 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Hey folks I got some questions. So I'm I'm currently debating mentally if I should buy the new GnR or my favorite game of all time, Batman '66. I know the last run is this July so I'm likely going to make up my mind this weekend. It would also be my first NIB.
What problems are usually found on a BM '66 or in general how well does it hold up?
I really like the Julie Newmar art package and did they limit that run to only 100 ever made?

You cant go wrong with Batman 66... I love it! I have the Catwoman addition... Not sure what they are doing in July... thought Catwoman was 500.... ???

#16688 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

When I paid my deposit at Game Exchange, they only had two of their four slots available. I'd decide quick. Call for the best deal. Rob Thomas helped me: 303-962-4655

I think there are going to be plenty of G n R's on the used market. Not many BM66's come up.

#16689 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Jersey Jack makes some beautiful games. Ive never played GNR but I'm sure you wont be disappointed.
That being said, I am a Stern fan. More so, a 1966 TV series Batman fan. I was born in 1971, so growing up, I remember watching the re-runs of this show. I also got to meet Burt Ward as a kid and still have his autograph.
As for the game it self....George Gomez is one of my favorite game designers. The game flows really well and the code is really polished now. You can play it many different ways...meaning, you can go for the big villains or you can working the sub villains. The cut screens from the show are awesome and the call outs. Having Adam West (RIP) and Burt Ward doing call outs is way cool. I regret not buying when it first came out and getting the SLE and having it personalized with the call outs from Adam. But at the time, I didnt have the money. I did buy mine NIB 2 years ago and have add/changed as much as I could to make it look like/be like the SLE or better. I was lucky enough to get a Villains topper with bat signal light. I personally love everything about this game especially the artwork. Chris did an amazing job. For me, the game is Batman not Catwomen. Although the Julie Newmar artwork is amazing, I prefer the Dynamic Duo, but to each their own.
As to which one you should get? Well being that this is the Batman 66 thread, im sure all of us would say get Batman. But you need to decided what you like more. Both games will hold their value really well. Good luck and post some pictures when you get whichever game.

#16690 2 years ago

Batman has stood the test of time already and is considered a classic. Never gets old playing it, as there are many strategies. This game is a keeper imo.

Music pins on the other hand, no matter how the first 100 plays may excite with lots of lights, gets old real quick after hearing the same song mix of 21 songs over and over. There will be a glut of GNR on the market within the next year or so, but Batman, people hold onto them.

#16691 2 years ago

What are the issues I should be aware of with this game though? Like how does the rotisserie hold up to use? I know about the clearcoat issues. I will just throw a few clear washers on posts and as I have seen with my friends BK: SoR the dimples sorta crush themselves into a smooth orange peel effect. How does the magnet core hold up?

#16692 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

What are the issues I should be aware of with this game though? Like how does the rotisserie hold up to use? I know about the clearcoat issues. I will just throw a few clear washers on posts and as I have seen with my friends BK: SoR the dimples sorta crush themselves into a smooth orange peel effect. How does the magnet core hold up?

Zero issues with the rotisserie, at least on the newer ones. PF no issues either, even with clear coat on recently made Bat66. Old magnet core got hammered, but newer version still looks new. I know all this, because owning both, original and Catwoman. However older ones are fine too, they just have the older style cabinet.

#16693 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Never gets old playing it, as there are many strategies.

I think the strategies are dependent on whether you are playing for fun or for points. For fun you can approach the game from so many different ways. For max points, there's really only the one strategy.

Rob

#16694 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the strategies are dependent on whether you are playing for fun or for points. For fun you can approach the game from so many different ways. For max points, there's really only the one strategy.
Rob

And what is that strategy...??

#16695 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

And what is that strategy...??

This should explain it. If you fast forward to 7:20 Jack will explain.

#16696 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

This should explain it. If you fast forward to 7:20 Jack will explain.

After watching this a video month or so ago, I now find myself cursing Jack during gameplay. He makes it look SO damn easy.....and it ain't!

#16697 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

He makes it look SO damn easy.....and it ain't!

TRUTH!

#16698 2 years ago

Thank you for the your color version of the chart.

Quoted from EStroh:

The yellow circles around the Mad Hatter and Egghead denote "gadget immune"
The yellow wording in "the Ogg Couple" is meant to note "gadget immune" for wave 1
The original sheet by Ben1981 incorrectly noted 3 waves for "The Ogg Couple". There are actually 4 waves.
And of course the color change of the overall document so old farts like me can read it with our aging eyes![quoted image]

#16699 2 years ago

Does anyone have anything negative to say or issues with the cliffy set for this game?

Also can anyone explain what holding the action button to switch modes when you have a TV minor villian and multiball and/or main villian stacked?

This game has so much going on, I wish it had a few more inserts for instructions. I just cracked a billion for the first time and am enjoying it more and more, but still feel lost.

#16700 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

After watching this a video month or so ago, I now find myself cursing Jack during gameplay. He makes it look SO damn easy.....and it ain't!

Correct, it's not as easy as it looks. He also used to constantly restart the game if he screwed up on ball 1. Try getting 73 billion any other way and you simply cannot. A few players have even scored over a trillion points on the game. Unfortunately, I don't think the rule(s) are seen as unbalanced by Stern so I'm not sure anything will ever get tweaked. I'm only passionate about it because I still think it's a great game, but has a few flawed rules. Just my opinion of course, others may vary.

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/334?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.