IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 374.
#16601 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree, that it shoots so fun and is well integrated into the theme, name another better than Bat66...the list would be almost none, if people were honest with themselves. It is one of the absolute rare keepers out there. Would be last to ever be sold from my collection. Would only sell if I got out of pinball, which that’s not going to happen, lol.

YEAH it's a tough call as my other 2 pins I play a lot and invested so much into them. JP and GOT are like show pieces and LOVE THEM both.

Thanks guys for your input.

1 week later
#16602 3 years ago
321e4d038a866414c938606aa75298ee-1 (resized).png321e4d038a866414c938606aa75298ee-1 (resized).png
#16603 3 years ago

Side note as I looked through my lineup....wonder why they didn't offer a mirrored backglass for the LE?

Title definitely worthy wonder why?

Or was the SLE mirrored and I've forgotten?

1 week later
#16604 3 years ago

Met up with the dynamic duo while Pinside was down for a week and here is what they said...

5443EF3F-93E0-42E7-8BDB-79DE037746D3 (resized).jpeg5443EF3F-93E0-42E7-8BDB-79DE037746D3 (resized).jpeg

#16605 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Met up with the dynamic duo while Pinside was down for a week and here is what they said...
[quoted image]

And to think, it was only a short time ago that Robin found these pinball machines complicated and didn't even know where to begin!

#16606 3 years ago

I’m shaking right now
Not because I’m having a issue just pumped I pick up Batman 66
I’m getting a message NODE BOARD 10 not found
Game continues to play but the spinning table doesn’t register
Totally in the dark on this any suggestions?
Thanks

#16607 3 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’m shaking right now
Thanks

did you try to reseat all the connectors on the board and all the other ends where those wires come from on other boards?

#16608 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

did you try to reseat all the connectors on the board and all the other ends where those wires come from on other boards?

No I haven’t
Like I said I’m completely clueless I don’t know where that board is located

#16609 3 years ago

No I haven’t
Like I said I’m completely clueless I don’t know where that board is located

there should be a thick paper that came with the game that shows all the node boards and there locations

#16610 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

there should be a thick paper that came with the game that shows all the node boards and there locations

Thanks I see it but it’s in the goodie bag and I don’t want to open it
See if I can get it out of there

#16611 3 years ago

So node board 10 is the turntable
Looks like a bear if it this

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16612 3 years ago

Guess I will contact stern

#16613 3 years ago

why not open it..?? Its your game... dont think opening the goodie bag destroys the value.... if it does... I did both mine... lol

#16614 3 years ago

I’m shaking right now
Thanks

Oh boy. Welcome to the fabulous world of Spike ownership. Start saving.

#16615 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

why not open it..?? Its your game... dont think opening the goodie bag destroys the value.... if it does... I did both mine... lol

Ya I can just open it I will thought maybe I would try a code update first
The paper your talking about shows that it’s the turntable just saying that thing is buried

#16616 3 years ago

Ya I can just open it I will thought maybe I would try a code update first
The paper your talking about shows that it’s the turntable just saying that thing is buried

Its a awesome game you will love it... definitely update to latest code..

#16617 3 years ago

So node board 10 is the turntable
Looks like a bear if it this[quoted image]

Can you spin it clockwise to where you can reseat the 2 ethernet cables?

#16618 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Can you spin it clockwise to where you can reseat the 2 ethernet cables?

Exactly what I’m trying to do yup hard to stop it where you need it

#16619 3 years ago

Odd one today.... hit the power switch to play a couple... nothing... but some crackling type arcing sounds...powered off...tried again...same thing. Unplugged.... tried my Munsters on same plug... all good.. plugged back in a tried... good now.. played 3 games. Unplugged for the night.. power switch...??

#16620 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Odd one today.... hit the power switch to play a couple... nothing... but some crackling type arcing sounds...powered off...tried again...same thing. Unplugged.... tried my Munsters on same plug... all good.. plugged back in a tried... good now.. played 3 games. Unplugged for the night.. power switch...??

Do you have a external subwoofer hooked up to the same receptacle?

#16621 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Do you have a external subwoofer hooked up to the same receptacle?

No...pin stadiums....from day one...

#16622 3 years ago

Hi everybody,

Got a little big issue with my batman today
When i hit the joker target to goto the batphone , i got JOKER then the phone make his noise but the table doesnt turn !! It stay on the tv
If i take the ball off the playfield, the turntable turn to search ball.
If i go in the menu, diag , i think something wrong in the turntable test but no error.

I lift the playfield and i see that the
65 Turntable Pos. #2 9 - CN13 5 PNK ORG 10 BLK BRN Playfield Opto 9-SW-3 520-7040-00
has no light. So i go in the menu again to launch the test, no light and then a litlle smog like something burn in the opto. So i unplug it.

Then i try the 2 others one and there is the light.

I go back in test menu and i see error with the opto thats normal bit why doesnt he tell me that before ( it doesnt register when it was in).

So i launch a game, do the JOKER and then the table turn but doesnt stop , i ve got to shoot the target when it moves. If i hit the phone , the table go to position with the batmobile.

so my question, was the 65 opto the problem ? Is it the batphone position ? Position 2 in the notice.

Thanks for your help
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rAxM52UWGTZWZZMB8

Other question, i see under the turntable and the protector for the cable get totally in little piece of wire !! How did you repair that ? The cable are ok but this black protetion is totally out

#16623 3 years ago

I keep getting a ball stuck on the upper right side of the turntable. Is just a little high in the back but perfect in the front. Is there any easy way to adjust this?

AB7F482F-5BD9-4A60-A12F-E4A85772CB85 (resized).jpegAB7F482F-5BD9-4A60-A12F-E4A85772CB85 (resized).jpeg
#16624 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I keep getting a ball stuck on the upper right side of the turntable. Is just a little high in the back but perfect in the front. Is there any easy way to adjust this?

It's very easy to do. See:

#16625 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

It's very easy to do. See:

Thank you!

#16626 3 years ago

Hey guys,
Was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on an issue I'm having with the magnet on my BM66
The magnet hold after hitting the flashing telephone is not releasing the ball after the mode is activated. I am running the most up to date code. Game was just taken out of the box and set up several days ago but I believe it was an early 2020 build or perhaps even 2019. When the ball searched activates the magnet will release the ball so I do not believe it is an issue with the ball becoming magnetized (I'm using ball baron carbon steel pinballs). Any ideas of what's going on or has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Thanks!
- Jeff M

#16627 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hey guys,
Was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on an issue I'm having with the magnet on my BM66
The magnet hold after hitting the flashing telephone is not releasing the ball after the mode is activated. I am running the most up to date code. Game was just taken out of the box and set up several days ago but I believe it was an early 2020 build or perhaps even 2019. When the ball searched activates the magnet will release the ball so I do not believe it is an issue with the ball becoming magnetized (I'm using ball baron carbon steel pinballs). Any ideas of what's going on or has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Thanks!
- Jeff M

Check the balls by placing an iron object on them.

The coil check to dislodge balls would ping the coil so would release a magnetised ball.

#16628 3 years ago

It's interesting that the ball search will drop it from the magnet but will not do it as part of regular gameplay. I really don't think its due to the ball being magnetized because if that was the issue the ball search function wouldn't let it go. Maybe I will do a coil check today and see if something stands out.

#16629 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

It's interesting that the ball search will drop it from the magnet but will not do it as part of regular gameplay. I really don't think its due to the ball being magnetized because if that was the issue the ball search function wouldn't let it go. Maybe I will do a coil check today and see if something stands out.

Oddly, I had this same issue. I did buy my game NIB too. I also changed the balls and it still did the same. I got used to giving it a little nudge and the ball would drop. This would always bug me. It almost seemed as if the ball was sitting on a ridge of the magnet or mylar crease. But the problem is no longer and it seemed to fix itself the more i played the game.

#16630 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Oddly, I had this same issue. I did buy my game NIB too. I also changed the balls and it still did the same. I got used to giving it a little nudge and the ball would drop. This would always bug me. It almost seemed as if the ball was sitting on a ridge of the magnet or mylar crease. But the problem is no longer and it seemed to fix itself the more i played the game.

That’s good to hear! I was wondering/ hoping something similar would happen with mine. I have been nudging it too and that seems to let it go if I can’t wait for the ball search free for all. I would like to find a solution sooner than later though. I hate nudging my machines they are my precious babies! Lol

#16631 3 years ago

I have a beautiful Oktoberfest with side art, shaker, knocker, topper with back lighting kit. Looks like it just came out of the box only better with all the add ones. Looking for trade ideas.

Ideal trades would involve Batman 66 or Munsters Premium color edition. Open to other ideas as well.

#16632 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

That’s good to hear! I was wondering/ hoping something similar would happen with mine. I have been nudging it too and that seems to let it go if I can’t wait for the ball search free for all. I would like to find a solution sooner than later though. I hate nudging my machines they are my precious babies! Lol

Mine does the same and I nudge it

#16633 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Mine does the same and I nudge it

Same here! A slight nudge tends to do the trick and release the ball!

#16634 3 years ago

I thought it was the plastic protector I put on my magnet, it’s like a donut with a hole in the middle. Must be a BM66 thing...

#16635 2 years ago

I put a deposit down today on a Batman 66 Premium with Game Exchange. From the sounds of it, there is one left that is unspoken for. I look forward to officially joining the club when it arrives, hopefully next month. I'm happy to read up on the hot topics. Give me the relevant search words for this game, and I'll get to reading.

#16636 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I put a deposit down today on a Batman 66 Premium with Game Exchange. From the sounds of it, there is one left that is unspoken for. I look forward to officially joining the club when it arrives, hopefully next month. I'm happy to read up on the hot topics. Give me the relevant search words for this game, and I'll get to reading.

Congrats! You'll love BM66! IDK, I'd say start reading the 16,634 posts before yours and you'll get up to speed quickly!

#16637 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Congrats! You'll love BM66! IDK, I'd say start reading the 16,634 posts before yours and you'll get up to speed quickly!

Exactly what I did before I bought mine. You'd be surprised how quickly you can get through it all when you're motivated!

#16638 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Nice! Yeah I just ordered one as well can’t wait for it to arrive.

#16639 2 years ago

I still like BM66, but it really could use a few tweaks to rules and scoring. There's even some minor bugs which could be fixed too. I recently asked George on facebook about BM66 code and got no response. It's his design so I thought he'd respond in some way. Oh well!

Rob

#16640 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Ha! I did that with Jurassic Park and somewhat with Munsters. I was trying to be more surgical this time around. The game wasn't even really more than a curiosity until I was on a work trip last week and spent an hour playing. What a great game! I thought I was too late to the party to get one that hadn't been routed. Not many HUO for sale that aren't too far to drive. I lucked out that they are building another batch. Now if only CGC will make some more MMR's!

#16641 2 years ago

Thanks to @Upkickpinball. I know this mod isn't expensive, but adds good depth to the factory bat phone

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/05015-stern-batman-66-bat-phone-silver-decal

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16642 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well this Club is awful quiet?? How about a "Atomic Pile" Mod Couple style to wake things up! As promised, the prototyping, design, and Endless test runs are now done and the Batman 66 Atomic Pile is now DONE! (not for sale yet but Very soon!) I think the design came out Very nice and Much better fits the theme, scene, and Class this pinball machine is in. While Stern made a very nice attempt our creation we feel really compliments the Batcave as it should be. All kits are currently being designed as a plug and play. You remove only the plug and 2 screws holding your Stern Atomic plastic and your done. The fit of this setup as you can see is like a Glove! I did have to make one concession and raise it .25" to accommodate the Stern squishy dog toy phone. If you have the slimmer aftermarket one you can simply remove my provided spacer though I actually Really like is just a bit higher so it covers the TV when the Batcave mode is running. (rotated) Also, with it raised it nicely shows the upper deck and applied warning stickers. I did need to keep it slightly still a Pinball theme so the silicone rings are used instead of the steel rings seen on the actual Atomic Pile. These rings also act as the replacement buffer behind the TV perfectly since the old ones will now be gone. Have a look at the pictures, we would love to know what you think! Love or hate, we do this because we enjoy it and love the 66 theme. (plus theres no code anyway!) I am Hoping to have these available in About a week. Please note that this mod takes an Insane amount of time to fabricate, assemble, paint, detail, etc so they will not be a shelf item but we will build them as fast as we can if there is interest. I will update all on pricing and availability for anyone interested. Thanks for all your interest!!
The Mod Couple

Just got my Batman66 Mods from The Mod Couple in the mail.
I am dying to get them installed. The Atomic Pile most of all. It is a thing of beauty to behold and pictures don't do it justice. Kudos and thanks to the Mod Couple.

#16643 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Just got my Batman66 Mods from The Mod Couple in the mail.
I am dying to get them installed. The Atomic Pile most of all. It is a thing of beauty to behold and pictures don't do it justice. Kudos and thanks to the Mod Couple.

How difficult is that to install ?

#16644 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How difficult is that to install ?

Reading the instructions it sounds pretty easy. I will post after the install with my impressions.

#16645 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Reading the instructions it sounds pretty easy. I will post after the install with my impressions.

Been a little while for me.... but was really easy.... and such a good mod

#16646 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Can't wait to see some pictures!!

#16647 2 years ago

As a collector, one golden rule is don’t modify a collectible, especially an antique, or it will lose its value. A good example would be a restored comic book having a fraction of the value of an unrestored copy. That said, I have not installed any mods on my Batman 66 SLE. Then I read these posts about how fabulous the atomic pile mod is along with other mods. I am very tempted to dress up Stern’s underwhelming designs.

I would appreciate my fellow pinball lovers opinions (other than I overpaid). I know I did. And no,I have no intention of selling.

#16648 2 years ago

I would definitely disagree, if anything mods add to it. If you have something like the atomic pile from mod couple it's easily worth more to me if I am buying it from someone because it's something I would want for my machine just like I would pay more if it had invisiglass, shaker, upgraded speakers, etc. I don't necessarily think of a pinball machine as a market where being "mint" or being like it came from the factory adds value like it would in comics, sports cards, etc.

#16649 2 years ago
Quoted from batman66SLE:

As a collector, one golden rule is don’t modify a collectible, especially an antique, or it will lose its value. A good example would be a restored comic book having a fraction of the value of an unrestored copy. That said, I have not installed any mods on my Batman 66 SLE. Then I read these posts about how fabulous the atomic pile mod is along with other mods. I am very tempted to dress up Stern’s underwhelming designs.
I would appreciate my fellow pinball lovers opinions (other than I overpaid). I know I did. And no,I have no intention of selling.

IMHO, any mods that are fully reversible don't fall into your comic book analogy. So as long as you keep the original, you can upgrade to the Atomic pile mod. If you ever decide to sell, you can always switch it back. Right?

Isn't that the best of both worlds? Or maybe I am missing something.

#16650 2 years ago
Quoted from batman66SLE:

I like to use the car analogy: If you had a very rare 50+ year old car I would agree with you. However if you just bought a new Mustang, Vette, etc, you should feel free to "personalize" it... especially if the modification isn't permanent.

Further, some decisions at the factory are cost-based. Some modifications are just flat-out improvements. I think the atomic pile fits that category.

It's also fully reversible. It's one of the few things I did to mine, apart from the mirror blades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 34.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/333?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.