IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 374.
#16501 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Random Minor Villains as a configurable setting would *definitely* be a welcome change! Keep them in the season, i.e. first minor villain from Season 1, second from Season 2, third from Season 3, then start back on Season 1 again! That would definitely be a rethink in gameplay strategy!
Maybe Lyman still reads Pinside every now and then....

Random minor villains would interesting, but it would also mean that most strategy goes out the window. It's also something that wouldn't work with tournament play. If you really want random minors, just close your eyes when you pick something

Rob

#16502 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

$99 is the right price, they need to keep it like that and get more made so people can have peace of mind.

Even at $99 I'm sure they are still making a profit. There's not much to those boards. Maybe charge a little more for the game specific ones. The ones that are common to all spike games should should have enough production volume to make them cheaper.

#16503 3 years ago

just got a nib Batman 66 about a week ago, was installing the art blades and noticed this bracket loose in the turn table. i assume i need to put 3 small wood screws and attach it back to where the holes are in the playfield? not sure where the original screws are, i havn't found any loose yet

IMG_8005 (resized).JPGIMG_8005 (resized).JPGIMG_8005_LI (resized).jpgIMG_8005_LI (resized).jpg
#16504 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Even at $99 I'm sure they are still making a profit. There's not much to those boards. Maybe charge a little more for the game specific ones. The ones that are common to all spike games should should have enough production volume to make them cheaper.

They do but Stern don’t want to, not a lot else to be said about Node boards they cost Stern probably $10-15 each and that’s being generous, I had some boards made for a lighting project a year ago now and they cost me about $15 each and there are a lot more components on mine than Sterns.

#16505 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They do but Stern don’t want to, not a lot else to be said about Node boards they cost Stern probably $10-15 each and that’s being generous, I had some boards made for a lighting project a year ago now and they cost me about $15 each and there are a lot more components on mine than Sterns.

Hmmm can your supplier make or repair Stern node boards?

#16506 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hmmm can your supplier make or repair Stern node boards?

No idea they weren’t Node boards as such, the ones I brought where boards to control lighting and power to multiple ports/sources for my Ironman hot toys collection.

Still fairly similar in principle though which is why I’d bet Stern are getting boards for 10-20 bucks and making hundreds off the sale of each one.

#16507 3 years ago

Between the pandemic and the snowy weather here in the east, I was getting a bit punchy, so I decided to make a new remote switch for my BM66, et al...

20210123_131434 (resized).jpg20210123_131434 (resized).jpg20210123_131454 (resized).jpg20210123_131454 (resized).jpg20210123_131514 (resized).jpg20210123_131514 (resized).jpg

This is the Diamond Select vinyl piggy bank that I modified to incorporate an outlet remote control.

Here's a short video of it in action:

#16508 3 years ago

Thats great Scotty_K

#16509 3 years ago

Mega cool @Scotty_K. Just curious why does your BM66 take so long to boot?

#16510 3 years ago

Mega cool Scotty_K. Just curious why does your BM66 take so long to boot?

I'm not entirely sure; it seems that it's always taken that long to boot up as far as I can remember.

#16511 3 years ago

my batman takes a long time to boot up also

#16512 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Between the pandemic and the snowy weather here in the east, I was getting a bit punchy, so I decided to make a new remote switch for my BM66, et al...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This is the Diamond Select vinyl piggy bank that I modified to incorporate an outlet remote control.
Here's a short video of it in action:

Spectacular. Love the signs too.

#16513 3 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

Yeppers.So does mine since the last code update!! Also,so does my DPLE !!

#16514 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yeppers.So does mine since the last code update!! Also,so does my DPLE !!

No issues of mine booting up but my JP has this screech for a millisecond then goes silent and all is normal. Anyone know a fix???

#16515 3 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

Mine takes no where near that long... hmm

#16516 3 years ago

"A long time to boot up"

How long exactly?

It seems that those people saying it takes a long time are comparing it to older games they own, those that say it doesn't take that long own newer games.

So comparatively it takes longer to load a newer machine compared to an older one. Doesn't seem to take BM66 any longer to load than JP2 or AIQ, but longer than Avengers.

#16517 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

"A long time to boot up"
How long exactly?
It seems that those people saying it takes a long time are comparing it to older games they own, those that say it doesn't take that long own newer games.
So comparatively it takes longer to load a newer machine compared to an older one. Doesn't seem to take BM66 any longer to load than JP2 or AIQ, but longer than Avengers.

Nope you're wrong. I'm comparing his BM66 to my BM66 with the same code.

#16518 3 years ago

Exactly. If my Catwoman took that long to boot I would lose interest in even playing it by the time it was ready. Something is wrong with those taking that long to boot imo. Have any of you with that issue contacted Stern?

#16519 3 years ago

Ok...data...

My BM66 Catwoman edition on current code. From power on to ready to play... 28.5 seconds...

#16520 3 years ago

Looking at ScottyK's video his BM66 takes exactly 2 full minutes to boot. Almost the entire length of the video. Thats not counting the 5 sec delay until you can hit the Start button. No way that's normal.

#16521 3 years ago

Option 54 in the standard adjustments menu toggles "fast boot", that's probably the issue.

#16522 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Option 54 in the standard adjustments menu toggles "fast boot", that's probably the issue.

Will have to check mine.... is fast boot default? Never adjusted it...

Yes...Fast Boot is factory default.... and where mine is set. Thought about changing it and seeing how long.....too cold ( My machines are in shop...lol)

#16523 3 years ago

I think I might have an explanation for the slow boot time, at least as it relates to my machine.

First thing, I checked to see if my machine was set to "Fast Boot" (BTW, it's actually adjustment #53). It is indeed set that way, so the answer must now lie elsewhere.

Some time ago, I made a small revision using Pinball Browser; I changed one of the music tracks (I didn't really care for the second Joker music, so I substituted some Nelson Riddle from the movie), along with two of the texts, just as an experiment. I liked the changes, so I left them in. (BTW--this was with the latest code.)

After hearing all of the conversation regarding how slow my machine boots, I just now switched out the SD disk that contained the altered files and reinstalled the clean one, also with the latest code, and this time it booted up in what seems to be the normal 30 seconds or so, so at least in my case, that might explain it.

Added over 3 years ago:

Actually, it was second Penguin music; not Joker...

#16524 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Will have to check mine.... is fast boot default? Never adjusted it...
Yes...Fast Boot is factory default.... and where mine is set. Thought about changing it and seeing how long.....too cold ( My machines are in shop...lol)

OK test complete. Turned off "Fast Boot" and cycled power.. get a "Verifying Image" bar....18:30 minutes to boot.....

#16525 3 years ago

I added a bunch of different sounds/music with PB as well. It never affected boot time. Maybe your custom SD card is faulty or perhaps try a different brand of card.

#16526 3 years ago

so i had to remove the motor that spins the turn table so i could put some screws in that was left out from factory. this allowed me to freely spin the table back and forth to install screws without having the motor turn it electrically. when i put it back on, i didn't think it mattered about the turn table position since there is three optos and blades to find the correct position. anyways it's off, and tries to rotate to far clockwise, now it shows "too many errors" message in the diagnosis menu. anyone know how to properly calibrate or fix this problem?

#16527 3 years ago

What are the easiest ways to earn an extra ball/shoot again?

#16528 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

What are the easiest ways to earn an extra ball/shoot again?

Probably the easiest way is to defeat any two of the major villains; cash each one in for points after the first round, rather than continuing on. After the second villain is completed, the extra ball lights up and is earned by hitting the Bat signal saucer in the back/upper right (same as for "Mystery" or "TV" shots).

#16529 3 years ago

I love playing this game. I feel there are 2 ways to approach this game. 1 is playing all the major villains and capturing them. Its so awesome to have the villian escape multiball. 2 is to play like the Jack Danger video tutorial and play all the sub villains starting with Bookworm, Mr. Freeze, and then start Tut. Maybe do a Shame and/or Egghead before Tut. I guess if Im playing for High score, I play the #2 way, but I think #1 way is more fun to play.

#16530 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I love playing this game. I feel there are 2 ways to approach this game. 1 is playing all the major villains and capturing them. Its so awesome to have the villian escape multiball. 2 is to play like the Jack Danger video tutorial and play all the sub villains starting with Bookworm, Mr. Freeze, and then start Tut. Maybe do a Shame and/or Egghead before Tut. I guess if Im playing for High score, I play the #2 way, but I think #1 way is more fun to play.

I agree -- I also think it's pretty balanced in that method #2 definitely has the highest score potential, but it's much more difficult to pull off.

#16531 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

but it's much more difficult to pull off.

Agreed....nothing worse than losing a ball while trying to complete Mr. Freeze...ARGH!

#16532 3 years ago

OK small update:

I had some time yesterday, so, as per @thundergod76's suggestion, I made another image on a new SD card, so now all is well on the boot-up front for me.

BTW, it took me a while to figure this out. I had a few new SD cards to choose from, and the first one that I choose, although it seemed to copy from Pinball Browser, when I put it in the machine, it turned it into a brick; no booting whatsoever. I thought there might have been something wrong with PB (I had just downloaded the latest version), or maybe the image that I was trying to copy was faulty. I even copied the image using Balena Etcher, but still no dice. After then copying the "factory" version and still getting no results, I finally tried another SD card, and this time was successful.

It's kinda weird that out of three different SD cards (all of the same manufacture, BTW), one was good, one was so-so, and one didn't work at all. Who would have thought that these cards could be so fussy?

Well, perhaps this is a subject best for the Pinball Browser thread, so we now return to our regular programming...

#16533 3 years ago

Hey Batman owners. I need some help. Coming down the home stretch on my project but need help from an owner to finish please. I need to nail down the sound for each target and what’s crazy about Batman is I believe the sounds change in each mode. If someone wants to help with some quick and dirty glass off recording please message me and I’ll add you to the project credits. It really shouldn’t take long. Thanks!

#16534 3 years ago

Won't lie, made these for myself...but thought my other Batman 66 friends might like them too.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/968787063/classic-television-coasters-batman-1966?ref=shop_home_active_1&pro=1&frs=1

Batman66 (resized).jpgBatman66 (resized).jpg
#16535 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Won't lie, made these for myself...but thought my other Batman 66 friends might like them too.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/968787063/classic-television-coasters-batman-1966?ref=shop_home_active_1&pro=1&frs=1[quoted image]

Look amazing

#16536 3 years ago

Thanks they actually look better in person imho.

#16537 3 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

I'm really bad at memorizing all the things to do regarding minor villains, so I made a little cheatsheet and stuck it on the wall next to my machine.
Three games after putting it up I made it to Holy Multiball for the first time
I attached the image in original size if someone has the same issue. Credits go out to the excellent rule sheet on tiltforums, very helpful!
This machine is pure awesomeness!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I used the file that Ben1981 made and changed it to purple with black text so my old eyes can read it better. I added yellow circles for the "gadget immune" villains. Then I laminated it.

Thanks again Ben1981 for your work!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tq=&tu=ben1981

IMG_7050 (resized).jpgIMG_7050 (resized).jpg

#16538 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Probably the easiest way is to defeat any two of the major villains; cash each one in for points after the first round, rather than continuing on. After the second villain is completed, the extra ball lights up and is earned by hitting the Bat signal saucer in the back/upper right (same as for "Mystery" or "TV" shots).

Any other ways??

#16539 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Any other ways??

Mystery award and a certain number of combos (don't recall currently) are 2 others I can think of. Shite players like me never get the combos so I wait for the 1 in several hundred (?) games that its awarded as a mystery.

#16540 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I used the file that Ben1981 made and changed it to purple with black text so my old eyes can read it better. I added yellow circles for the "gadget immune" villains. Then I laminated it.

Ah, nice! that looks way more readable - any chance you can post the file? I'd like to print myself one out as well. Thanks!

#16541 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Mystery award and a certain number of combos (don't recall currently) are 2 others I can think of. Shite players like me never get the combos so I wait for the 1 in several hundred (?) games that its awarded as a mystery.

Combos combos combos! EB at 20/50/100 Then, every 50 after that. ive had 300+ which ends up being 7 extra balls.

A simple strategy is to practice the right ramp shot from both flippers. If you can consistently hit it from a live right flipper feed, then every shot to the left can be a combo...that adds up quickly.

#16542 3 years ago

I am looking for someone to take pictures of my Lenticular cards installed on their machine in exchange for a free set of cards. If you haven't been a recipient of this free offer from me before for a different machine, and would like a free set- I am offering these to the first person that responds publicly in this thread to the offer. Thanks!

Simulated 3D effect of Free Play card-
Batman66.gifBatman66.gif

If you aren't the recipient of this free set, and would be interested in purchasing a set, they can be found in my Pinside shop-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04882-batman-66-lenticular-apron-cards

If you haven't seen these cards before, my playground for all of my card designs can be seen here-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

#16543 3 years ago

Yes please!

#16544 3 years ago

I will send you a free set, for being the first, but I should have qualified it, that I am looking for someone in the Continental US to send a set to. Shipping overseas is pricey, but I will snail mail you some, and it will probably take awhile. Either way, PM me your snail mail address, and I will send them out to you.

Looking for someone in US that can take some pics for me.... Thanks!

#16545 3 years ago

I found a picture taker.... Thanks!

#16546 3 years ago

Will send you a PM

#16547 3 years ago

Regarding node boards, they are seriously putting me off Stern pins. Had two fail in Ghostbusters (8 and 9). Now I wince every time I switch Batman or GB on. They seriously should not cost so much to replace. I was tempted by both EHOH and JP - but the thought of all those node boards waiting to fail - the head overruled the heart!

#16548 3 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:Regarding node boards, they are seriously putting me off Stern pins. Had two fail in Ghostbusters (8 and 9). Now I wince every time I switch Batman or GB on. They seriously should not cost so much to replace. I was tempted by both EHOH and JP - but the thought of all those node boards waiting to fail - the head overruled the heart!

GB was released prior to the stabilization tweak performed to the diode on the node boards. Did you do that prior to the failures?

Rob

#16549 3 years ago

Those node service bulletin fixes are a joke. Both of my boards failed with the fixes already in place. And my failures had nothing to do with them. These are throw away boards that are inflated to ridiculous prices. For what these machines cost this is just unacceptable. Even if the boards cost $30 these failures shouldn't be happening. I wince every time I flip one of my Sterns on too.

#16550 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking for someone to take pictures of my Lenticular cards installed on their machine in exchange for a free set of cards. If you haven't been a recipient of this free offer from me before for a different machine, and would like a free set- I am offering these to the first person that responds publicly in this thread to the offer. Thanks!
Simulated 3D effect of Free Play card-
[quoted image]

If you aren't the recipient of this free set, and would be interested in purchasing a set, they can be found in my Pinside shop-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04882-batman-66-lenticular-apron-cards
If you haven't seen these cards before, my playground for all of my card designs can be seen here-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

Just a quick update... I have had a few Batman owners ask me if they can purchase just the left card since the right card is the collector card. If anyone has interest, I have added that as an option in my store to purchase just the left card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/331?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.