IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 374.
#16451 3 years ago

Is there a Batman 66 guide for dummies? I have a new machine and I am just trying to learn the basics - not even advanced play just yet. For example, what are the gadgets for and when is it best to use them?

#16452 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Is there a Batman 66 guide for dummies? I have a new machine and I am just trying to learn the basics - not even advanced play just yet. For example, what are the gadgets for and when is it best to use them?

If you can't sleep and have an hour to burn, check out a video I made covering the basics...

#16453 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

And if you only have 15 minutes, watch this one instead

#16454 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No way! What’s the grand champion on the game it must be huge! I always found combos the hardest part of BM66, 200+ is crazy.

I got the GC with the same game at a whisker over 8,000,000,000, which is rather tiny compared to scores I've seen on here. I know very little about the scoring modes and tend to just pick things at random and go for combos/multipliers. Took exactly an hour.

#16455 3 years ago

Bowen always does kick ass tutorials too.

#16456 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

This will answer all of your questions. http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

In this case you can use this link. http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463#toc10

#16457 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

In a nutshell, you’re Batman. Your job is to fight and jail villains.

You fight major villains with each major shot in the game:

Joker = turntable
Penguin = scoop
Riddler = orbit
Catwoman = ramps

Hit the bat phone to start the fight.

Fight minor villains by hitting all three TV standup targets, then the bat signal shot.

Along the way, there are side quests, hurry ups, multi balls, etc. But those are the basics.

Bat gadgets will count for your most needed shot to fight villains, get jackpots, etc. Think smart missile from DE JP or ACDC VIP.

#16458 3 years ago

I am new to the club and the used machine I purchased came with a bat spotlight mod installed in the upper right corner of the playfield. It lights during attract mode but I rarely see it light during gameplay. When is this supposed to light?

#16459 3 years ago

Has some been able to figure out how to use the names in the SLE code on other versions of batman code?

You can heat the names in post #4 of this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-sle-50-years-of-batman-vs-30-years-of-stern#post-6095297

#16460 3 years ago

MY BALLS GET STUCK...

1. Behind the left Catwoman ramp.
2. To the left of the mini TV. There is a plunger there or something with an alley behind it and my ball goes back there and stays. Also, what is this for?

SUGGETIONS TO KEEP MY BALLS MOVING?

#16461 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

MY BALLS GET STUCK...
2. To the left of the mini TV. There is a plunger there or something with an alley behind it and my ball goes back there and stays. Also, what is this for?

First off, so many ways to go with jokes here.

Can you get us a pic? (Of the area you’re concerned about, not your balls, that’s a different forum)

#16462 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

MY BALLS GET STUCK...

Happens occasionally.... game will unstick it... give it a minute... lol

#16463 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am new to the club and the used machine I purchased came with a bat spotlight mod installed in the upper right corner of the playfield. It lights during attract mode but I rarely see it light during gameplay. When is this supposed to light?

It really doesn’t trigger very often during gameplay. I think I primarily see it flicker on real quickly when a ball is kicked out of the Riddler saucer, and that might be it?

#16464 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

My Premium came with this mod added. It comes on when "villain escape" is ready - the same time that the bat signal lights up in the center of the playfield.

#16465 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

It really doesn’t trigger very often during gameplay. I think I primarily see it flicker on real quickly when a ball is kicked out of the Riddler saucer, and that might be it?

It turns on when you light villain escape as the bat signal to call Batman for help

#16466 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

MY BALLS GET STUCK...

Is it the ball lock area shown below? Are you able to get 3 balls locked there to start the Multiball? Hopefully the post releases them when multiball starts and/or when the game is complete. If you start a game right away after completing one and there are balls in the lock, it will not release them.

DDE536C4-1EE7-4924-9BAB-09D0DE84FADD (resized).jpegDDE536C4-1EE7-4924-9BAB-09D0DE84FADD (resized).jpeg

#16467 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Is it the ball lock area shown below? Are you able to get 3 balls locked there to start the Multiball? Hopefully the post releases them when multiball starts and/or when the game is complete. If you start a game right away after completing one and there are balls in the lock, it will not release them.
[quoted image]

When I first got my BM66 (second owner) the ball lock would sometimes not release. I seem to recall making a slight adjustment to its positioning from underneath and applying a very small amount of white grease to the plastic plunger (a little goes a long way which you don't want to clean up later).

Otherwise the ball is supposed to lock there after you hear the call out of "lock is lit", meaning you are now able to lock balls. After that you'll hear "ball 1 locked" etc until ball 3 at which you get a multiball. At the end of the game if you haven't reached multiball all the balls that have been locked should release before your next game.

I'm still confused as to where the ball is getting stuck behind the L catwoman ramp. What position is the rotating playfield in when this happens?

#16468 3 years ago

[quoted image]

When the turn table is in this exact position as shown in the photo, I have had balls skip the plunger and get stuck. Since the turntable is not in the multi-ball position, it does not recognize it as a multi-ball addition and nothing happens.

Also, behind the left catwoman ramp is a small metal bar. I often have a ball die out and get stuck on this bar behind the ramp.

Suggestions?

#16469 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

When the turn table is in this exact position as shown in the photo, I have had balls skip the plunger and get stuck. Since the turntable is not in the multi-ball position, it does not recognize it as a multi-ball addition and nothing happens.
Also, behind the left catwoman ramp is a small metal bar. I often have a ball die out and get stuck on this bar behind the ramp.
Suggestions?

Think I would have to either see a video of the issue or come see it in action. I'm not sure I understand what you are explaining.

#16470 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Have you updated the code?
I've had that happen a couple times but the game is quick to release it, I'm guessing that doesn't happen on older code? Or maybe that switch isn't registering?

Quoted from e4wesley:

Sounds like the wireform isn't seated into the ramp correctly. Photos showing where and how it gets hung up will help.

#16471 3 years ago

Think I would have to either see a video of the issue or come see it in action. I'm not sure I understand what you are explaining.

It sounds like when the rotating playfield is at the Villian TV e4wesley shots aimed at the target bumpers beneath the TV but miss left are able to skip the plastic plunger and land in the ball lock. The balls are then "stuck". Likely the machine registers there are balls there from the lock switches but I assume that since the ball didn't go past the ball diverter from the R orbit that the code doesn't recognize this as a ball lock so those balls are "lost" from play.

I'm just not sure how they skip the plunger.

e4wesley Do your have the plastic cover over the ball lock section (you can see it in the pic above)? Does the plunger appear to be fully out? I'm at work so don't have the machine in front of me but from what I recall it should be about a inch out.

#16472 3 years ago

The few times I've seen it the ball forces the post/plunger down enough to get behind it and them the mech releases it.

#16473 3 years ago

I wish someone could do a game play video but strictly on the minor villain's and what do you need to hit to complete them.

I watched one a few days ago and had no idea that MH lets you replay for book worm...those kinda things I cant find anywhere. Still kinda confused on egghead stacking etc etc.

Cmon Guys steak and beer for helping..

#16474 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I wish someone could do a game play video but strictly on the minor villain's and what do you need to hit to complete them.
I watched one a few days ago and had no idea that MH lets you replay for book worm...those kinda things I cant find anywhere. Still kinda confused on egghead stacking etc etc.

Did you already see this in thread last year?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/249#post-4844089

#16475 3 years ago

Marco used to sell BM66 LE decals. Anyone have a set they would sell? Thank you in advance.

#16476 3 years ago

Egg head may have a few issues. You can only use 1 bat gadget which doesn't do anything and then you cannot use any more. The names for the episodes are also mixed up. I've sent bug reports to Lyman.

Rob

#16477 3 years ago

Fired up my BM66 last night and had 3 great games. I decided to leave the room for a few minutes. BIG mistake. While in attract mode Node 8 board blew. Yes ill repeat, while in ATTRACT MODE my Node board blew. Unbelievable!! This is the second time in 14 months I've lost a Node. First time was immediately after a Stern update. This time I have no idea. Ive said it before these things are ticking time bombs. Tired of spending hundreds of dollars to maintain these things. Stern doesn't care as long as people are lining up to purchase. Sorry guys but I just needed to vent.

#16478 3 years ago

I am joining the club... Picking up a premium from another pinsider on Friday. What are some of the nicer mods that you would recommend? Has anyone bought the cheap amazon signal topper? Is it ok? Anyone have a topper they would part with? Thank you. Super excited to add this to my collection. Batman was part of my childhood.

#16479 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I am joining the club... Picking up a premium from another pinsider on Friday. What are some of the nicer mods that you would recommend? Has anyone bought the cheap amazon signal topper? Is it ok? Anyone have a topper they would part with? Thank you. Super excited to add this to my collection. Batman was part of my childhood.

Atomic Pile for sure!

#16480 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Welcome to the club. I went a little crazy on mods and all the main characters and auto's.

#16481 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

my Node board blew

My biggest fears! Sorry this happened to you.

#16482 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Welcome to the club! Modding is especially a lot of fun for this game.

Biglaw makes a super cool vehicle/heads topper, batcopter with spinning blades, and catwoman with lit Jewel that are what I consider must haves. I really like the speaker lightkit from Yelobird and he makes other cool mods too for the game. I also have the Atomic pile, Hallmark Ornaments and Hot Wheels Bat vehicles on mine. Signage was easy to make and looks great. The colored plastic protectors from Mezel mods look great too. EBay Shakespeare head is cheap and easy to do and looks great. Where does it stop?

#16483 3 years ago
Quoted from Allgood:

Welcome to the club! Modding is especially a lot of fun for this game.
Biglaw makes a super cool vehicle/heads topper, batcopter with spinning blades, and catwoman with lit Jewel that are what I consider must haves. I really like the speaker lightkit from Yelobird and he makes other cool mods too for the game. I also have the Atomic pile, Hallmark Ornaments and Hot Wheels Bat vehicles on mine. Signage was easy to make and looks great. The colored plastic protectors from Mezel mods look great too. EBay Shakespeare head is cheap and easy to do and looks great. Where does it stop?

AGREEED!!!! I will post up a few pics later...

#16484 3 years ago

I sure added to mine.....

mod (resized).jpgmod (resized).jpg
#16485 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I sure added to mine.....
[quoted image]

Nice job. I have basically the same stuff as you. I did add the lighted back wall- easy plug and play. It adds some nice light back in the left corner.

#16486 3 years ago

Nice job. I have basically the same stuff as you. I did add the lighted back wall- easy plug and play. It adds some nice light back in the left corner.

Details...???

#16488 3 years ago

Well thats easy....I know the Mezels well.... and shop is about a mile away....lol

#16489 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well thats easy....I know the Mezals well.... and shop is about a mile away....lol

Yeah I have the constant cc bill with items from them . My games are loaded with 95% from MM.

Still waiting on a shirt or cap...lol

#16492 3 years ago

Perfect

I do have Pin Stadiums on it too

#16493 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Perfect
I do have Pin Stadiums on it too

I have those on all my pins....also love Pinwoofers system.

#16494 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:I wish someone could do a game play video but strictly on the minor villain's and what do you need to hit to complete them.

Not a video, but everything you need is listed in there in great detail.

#16495 3 years ago

I dusted off my BM66 and played a few games tonight, the first I've played it in probably 3 or 4 months. If you play with randomly taking minor villains as opposed to any particular strategy, it certainly feels a lot more fun. And it certainly took a few games to get used to making those orbit shots again.

So dust off your BM66 and play it again! Share your experience..

Rob

#16496 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I dusted off my BM66 and played a few games tonight, the first I've played it in probably 3 or 4 months. If you play with randomly taking minor villains as opposed to any particular strategy, it certainly feels a lot more fun. And it certainly took a few games to get used to making those orbit shots again.
So dust off your BM66 and play it again! Share your experience..
Rob

Random Minor Villains as a configurable setting would *definitely* be a welcome change! Keep them in the season, i.e. first minor villain from Season 1, second from Season 2, third from Season 3, then start back on Season 1 again! That would definitely be a rethink in gameplay strategy!

Maybe Lyman still reads Pinside every now and then....

#16497 3 years ago

Fired up my BM66 last night and had 3 great games. I decided to leave the room for a few minutes. BIG mistake. While in attract mode Node 8 board blew. Yes ill repeat, while in ATTRACT MODE my Node board blew. Unbelievable!! This is the second time in 14 months I've lost a Node. First time was immediately after a Stern update. This time I have no idea. Ive said it before these things are ticking time bombs. Tired of spending hundreds of dollars to maintain these things. Stern doesn't care as long as people are lining up to purchase. Sorry guys but I just needed to vent.

Yeah, I had a node failure on a GOT and then I sold someone an Aerosmith and a node failed like two weeks later. They are expensive little time bombs, and that’s the problem. They cost way too much to replace, it’s a flawed design.

#16498 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Yeah, I had a node failure on a GOT and then I sold someone an Aerosmith and a node failed like two weeks later. They are expensive little time bombs, and that’s the problem. They cost way too much to replace, it’s a flawed design.

It wouldn't be so bad if the boards were more readily available and not so overpriced. Stern's $99 sale on these lasted a day before they were sold out. Why would I even consider buying another Stern?

#16499 3 years ago

It wouldn't be so bad if the boards were more readily available and not so overpriced. Stern's $99 sale on these lasted a day before they were sold out. Why would I even consider buying another Stern?

$99 is the right price, they need to keep it like that and get more made so people can have peace of mind.

#16500 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

$99 is the right price, they need to keep it like that and get more made so people can have peace of mind.

The original marketing for Spike talked about node boards being $50 ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/330?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.