IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 374.
#16401 3 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

[quoted image]

It's a key post and a pretty sweet chart that helps understanding all the minor villains.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/259#post-4931732

#16402 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463
I have a one sheet on the minor villains but cant locate.... maybe someone else...??

Thank you!

#16403 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

It's a key post and a pretty sweet chart that helps understanding all the minor villains.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/259#post-4931732

There it is! I took it to Staples and had it laminated...

#16404 3 years ago

I have been getting some multi balls starting with only two balls locked. Is that normal or do,I have some sort of an issue?

#16405 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have been getting some multi balls starting with only two balls locked. Is that normal or do,I have some sort of an issue?

There are three ball lock switches, perhaps there is something misfiring there.

It would be interesting to up the difficulty of the ball lock and see how the machine reacts. Game adjustment #161. That should prevent the third lock from lighting unless you securely have two in the can.

Also, you might see what you have for ‘release balls at end of game’ - maybe they’re hanging out and... dunno.

7E988C00-5AB4-4B44-97AD-8C29DB39FA48 (resized).jpeg7E988C00-5AB4-4B44-97AD-8C29DB39FA48 (resized).jpeg
#16406 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

There are three ball lock switches, perhaps there is something misfiring there.
It would be interesting to up the difficulty of the ball lock and see how the machine reacts. Game adjustment #161. That should prevent the third lock from lighting unless you securely have two in the can.
Also, you might see what you have for ‘release balls at end of game’ - maybe they’re hanging out and... dunno. [quoted image]

Thanks, is the release balls at end of game also an adjustment?

#16407 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thanks, is the release balls at end of game also an adjustment?

It is, but I can’t seem to find it. If I do...

Factory default is to release, I think.

Minor villains are quite lucrative.

F2DFC03E-D793-4B12-A83A-296A2F10BA32 (resized).jpegF2DFC03E-D793-4B12-A83A-296A2F10BA32 (resized).jpeg
#16408 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

It is, but I can’t seem to find it. If I do...
Factory default is to release, I think.
Minor villains are quite lucrative.[quoted image]

Wow. Just got the game but I am terrible. I don’t think I cracked 200m yet lol

#16409 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Minor villains are quite lucrative.[quoted image]

Wow!! How did you get that score in Egghead? Genuinely interested, that's Amazing!

#16410 3 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Wow!! How did you get that score in Egghead? Genuinely interested, that's Amazing!

Most likely a frozen timer with frozen multipliers?

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I hate the permanently frozen timer.

Rob

#16411 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is this happening when you have actually only triggered 2/3 ball locks, or are you saying you only have 2 balls physically locked in the turntable? If the former, then yes there could be an issue with your switches/optos that register locks, and would need to be investigated. If the latter, I believe this is expected behavior if you’ve at least made the lock shot successfully 3 times. What I mean there is that, balls can fail to make it all the way to the physical lock, or potentially make it into the lock channel and bounce back out, and the lock will still register (as a digital lock, rather than a physical one, crediting you for having hit the shot). I think it triggers on the Riddler gate or somewhere just before there, I haven’t looked around for the switch, but I’ve noticed weak shots to that orbit that don’t make it all the way to the lock channel trigger around that area; you don’t have to have the ball actually physically make it into the lock channel if locks are lit, just to trip the gate.

#16412 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Is this happening when you have actually only triggered 2/3 ball locks, or are you saying you only have 2 balls physically locked in the turntable? If the former, then yes there could be an issue with your switches/optos that register locks, and would need to be investigated. If the latter, I believe this is expected behavior if you’ve at least made the lock shot successfully 3 times. What I mean there is that, balls can fail to make it all the way to the physical lock, or potentially make it into the lock channel and bounce back out, and the lock will still register (as a digital lock, rather than a physical one, crediting you for having hit the shot). I think it triggers on the Riddler gate or somewhere just before there, I haven’t looked around for the switch, but I’ve noticed weak shots to that orbit that don’t make it all the way to the lock channel trigger around that area; you don’t have to have the ball actually physically make it into the lock channel if locks are lit, just to trip the gate.

Thank you! I suspect it may be the latter so will look more closely at that

#16413 3 years ago

Anybody need a custom LED backbox, I just put one up for sale...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107984

#16414 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Most likely a frozen timer with frozen multipliers?
Maybe I'm in a minority, but I hate the permanently frozen timer.
Rob

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for putting that thought in my head, I'll have to try that. Probably had one of the multiballs running too, maybe one of the minor villain wizards, Batusi or something. Hmmm. Yes, the permanently frozen timer is cool for a few times, but after that it really unbalances the scoring.

#16415 3 years ago

I have about 50 games into my new bm66 and these screws came loose some whare on the upper side of the playfield. Any ideas where they go?

20210102_144024 (resized).jpg20210102_144024 (resized).jpg
#16416 3 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I have about 50 games into my new bm66 and these screws came loose some whare on the upper side of the playfield. Any ideas where they go?
[quoted image]

I looked on mine and what’s throwing me is the nylon washer on yours. I don’t see any on mine, only standard metal washers. Where exactly did you find them?

#16417 3 years ago

I posted previously on triggering cat woman right ramp but no replies, here’s an update.

Hi all,

I noticed on Batman 66 the right cat ramp was triggering on its own, I tracked it down to an opto but wasn’t sure as to why.

I noticed the alignment of the opto was out, and adjusted it was okay for a while. But returned, so I have had it out.

The ramp uses tags to hold it together, and there is a lot of slop in the back and forth on it. As demonstrated in the pictures. I was considering loctite on the tags but it isn’t a thread on there is it, so don’t think that will hold.

Does this need welding? We are talking 4mm of sloppiness here. You can see much this has moved over time due to the opto which I’ve ordered.

317619E0-5170-4B21-B39C-2343CE00496E (resized).jpeg317619E0-5170-4B21-B39C-2343CE00496E (resized).jpeg45E65716-5351-495E-B0C9-C0A9D9E6E3BD (resized).jpeg45E65716-5351-495E-B0C9-C0A9D9E6E3BD (resized).jpegF3086E57-9B70-46FD-AAC7-792CA0BFD4F7 (resized).jpegF3086E57-9B70-46FD-AAC7-792CA0BFD4F7 (resized).jpeg
#16418 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I looked on mine and what’s throwing me is the nylon washer on yours. I don’t see any on mine, only standard metal washers. Where exactly did you find them?

They came rolling down the playfield during multiball somewhere in the upper left. I can't figure it out.

#16419 3 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I posted previously on triggering cat woman right ramp but no replies, here’s an update.
Hi all,
I noticed on Batman 66 the right cat ramp was triggering on its own, I tracked it down to an opto but wasn’t sure as to why.
I noticed the alignment of the opto was out, and adjusted it was okay for a while. But returned, so I have had it out.
The ramp uses tags to hold it together, and there is a lot of slop in the back and forth on it. As demonstrated in the pictures. I was considering loctite on the tags but it isn’t a thread on there is it, so don’t think that will hold.
Does this need welding? We are talking 4mm of sloppiness here. You can see much this has moved over time due to the opto which I’ve ordered. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long have you had the game? Try reaching out to Stern and see if they will replace the ramp. The last resort would be welding it because I think that will discolor the ramp.

Rob

#16420 3 years ago

I have had it some time, I am not the first owner. It is way past 3 months old and may well be a first run of the game.

#16421 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

https://www.collage.com/photo-blankets
They have a special today, fleece covers are free ,just pay shipping....now go get 5 for your games...lol.
Deadpool will be cool to see and Avengers...

My pinside secret santa got me a Batman66 themed one. Makes a great dust cover for your game.

rps20210105_004521 (resized).jpgrps20210105_004521 (resized).jpg
#16422 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I also am getting funny MBs! after the first MB,sometimes only one lock lite will be on, then,I make the shot and wham,MB starts with only one ball locked!! Sometimes this happened with 2 balls locked!! Sometimes it forgets a ball is locked and the ball stays locked!! Looked at the switches and opts,nothing looks out of place!!???

#16423 3 years ago

Wonder if anyone has experienced this ... The Villian LCD 2.8" display on Batman66 LE was working intermittently over a years time.
The unit is known as a Node24. Rebooting would usually bring it to life (be found during startup diags) and it would be fine for the play session.
Then it went out 100%.
A new unit was purchased and installed. It gets recognized during bootup but shows a pure white screen. It flickers occasionally which we are thinking that indicates a transition to next scene/picture. But it stays pure white (not a faded picture).
Further, we reinstalled the new software image (5GIG???), hoping it would initialize the unit or update TV data. But no change.
All connections checked/reseated including the tiny thin ribbon on the unit between screen and node board.
Tested by plugging in old board but that still says not found during bootup.
New board at least is recognized now but no picture.

Sharing any ideas/experiences would be appreciated.
- Paul

#16424 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

I had a helluwa game the other day. Any suggestions on an extended minor villain strategy?
When you have completed all three minor villain wizard modes (Batusi, Gas attach, Holy MB) it all starts over and all minor villains are lit again.
Assuming you already scored Bookworm, Freeze, Mad hatter in the first round, it seems going for them again is meaningless since you already have their awards. I assume it's Tut / Shame all day from there?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#16425 3 years ago

Hello all you Batman heads. I have been pondering this machine and have a question for you all. I have watched various gameplay videos and there seems to be a real lack of Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) voice call outs. Is this correct? Also, are there any callouts from the likes of Penguin, Joker, Riddler and Catwoman etc?

Thanks
Craig

#16426 3 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

[quoted image]

I think it came from the TV mech, even the antenna. Mine weren't fully in when the game came. Didn't really say in the instructions you had to put it in.

#16427 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hello all you Batman heads. I have been pondering this machine and have a question for you all. I have watched various gameplay videos and there seems to be a real lack of Batman (Adam West) and Robin (Burt Ward) voice call outs. Is this correct? Also, are there any callouts from the likes of Penguin, Joker, Riddler and Catwoman etc?
Thanks
Craig

Yes, there's a definite lack of callouts in the game. There are a ton written in the code but it still remains to be seen if they will be implemented into the gameplay.

#16428 3 years ago
Quoted from beekey:

I had a helluwa game the other day. Any suggestions on an extended minor villain strategy?
When you have completed all three minor villain wizard modes (Batusi, Gas attach, Holy MB) it all starts over and all minor villains are lit again.
Assuming you already scored Bookworm, Freeze, Mad hatter in the first round, it seems going for them again is meaningless since you already have their awards. I assume it's Tut / Shame all day from there?[quoted image]

Wow - what a score! Was the glass off? I’m the wrong guy to ask on strategy b/c I’m not good enough yet to get more than 2 minor villains in one game (much less see any of their wizard modes).

#16429 3 years ago
Quoted from beekey:

Assuming you already scored Bookworm, Freeze, Mad hatter in the first round, it seems going for them again is meaningless since you already have their awards. I assume it's Tut / Shame all day from there?[quoted image]

Where are the minor villians lit? On the screen ? Never noticed....

#16430 3 years ago

Having an issue with my turntable. Can someone tell me which position the turntable should be in for 64, 65, and 66? Villain Vision, Batphone, Batcave?
Thanks in advance

41345328_355092725033923_6103759486713856000_n (resized).jpg41345328_355092725033923_6103759486713856000_n (resized).jpg
#16431 3 years ago

Wow, new Bat66 run is going up another $500 to $8,500.00 for a premium. Gary Stern recently said, Bat66 is a very expensive machine to make. Just $700 shy of an LE. Glad I got mine at lower prices.

#16432 3 years ago

Stern is getting ridiculous with their greed. For a grand more I can just buy a JJP and get real quality. For a company that was on the brink of collapse in the mid 2000's this is such a slap in the face to those loyal customers who kept them going. But as long as people are willing to pay $1000 for crap toppers or $10,000 for baron playfields Stern will continue to gouge its customers.

#16433 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

...baron playfields

Got something against Barons?
Would you be happier with:
- Vicounts
- Earls
- Marquees
- Dukes

#16434 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Wow, new Bat66 run is going up another $500 to $8,500.00 for a premium. Gary Stern recently said, Bat66 is a very expensive machine to make. Just $700 shy of an LE. Glad I got mine at lower prices.

Maybe with a new run....we will get more code...

#16435 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Maybe with a new run....we will get more code...

My fingers are crossed.

#16436 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern did the same thing with Elvira. I suspect it will be the last run for both games, though that’s more surprising for Elvira than Batman.

Where did Gary say it’s very expensive to make? (though you could argue that’s true for any pin)

No matter how you look at it, the price increase sucks. Maybe not if some of that increase went into quality improvements (e.g. playfields), but that’s probably asking for too much.

#16437 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where did Gary say it’s very expensive to make? (though you could argue that’s true for any pin)

He said it during his last interview on the super awesome pinball show. Would think the man hours to put together the turntable bat cave alone would cost more than normal?

#16438 3 years ago

Thanks to Yelobird I installed some red pinstriping around the trim. I think it turned out great.

My only problem was that I thought the packaging said 36”, so I ordered three. When I was about done, I said, “Jeez, I have a lot left.” The package said 36’.

A7C4855F-E9CE-4E4D-BF69-8522C09513BA (resized).jpegA7C4855F-E9CE-4E4D-BF69-8522C09513BA (resized).jpegEC7B1A43-4774-46C0-BF26-227F496A0702 (resized).jpegEC7B1A43-4774-46C0-BF26-227F496A0702 (resized).jpegF97C53C7-FB2B-4549-B44E-C3142ABE62AF (resized).jpegF97C53C7-FB2B-4549-B44E-C3142ABE62AF (resized).jpeg
#16439 3 years ago

How's this? (At Level Up in Eugene, OR a week before the latest shutdown.)

IMG_20201103_185013478 (resized).jpgIMG_20201103_185013478 (resized).jpg
#16440 3 years ago

Holy Combo cluster Batman!

#16441 3 years ago

That's insanity.

#16442 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

How's this? (At Level Up in Eugene, OR a week before the latest shutdown.)[quoted image]

No way! What’s the grand champion on the game it must be huge! I always found combos the hardest part of BM66, 200+ is crazy.

#16443 3 years ago

Holy chromium sphere Batman, finally in the club!
5B035205-662C-499B-9EE7-496981E16138 (resized).jpeg5B035205-662C-499B-9EE7-496981E16138 (resized).jpeg

#16444 3 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I definitely had bookworm, freeze, hat dude and probably a couple tuts - for the main channel multiplier. If I brick Bookworm or Freeze, I’ll usually go back and do Hatter plus a Tut so the progress is saved. I think. If you can box Season One on Ball one, then you’re Golden.

So a 2X main channel, frozen timers with 3X playfield and, whoops, there I go into Holy Robin Multiball...

And that makes the shot multipliers happy.

Then somehow I managed to bring Egghead into Villain Escape. So in that six ball multiball every switch is worth a funk ton. Plus, it builds during the Villain Escape prelude - which has the timer frozen (the ball has to drain in order to start).

The point of Batman 66, imho, is to stack the crap and get nutty. Like that.

#16445 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

How's this? (At Level Up in Eugene, OR a week before the latest shutdown.)[quoted image]

Amazing...congrats!!! I think it’s time I sell off the collection and find a new hobby I don’t suck at.

#16446 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Holy chromium sphere Batman, finally in the club!
[quoted image]

Awesome!!!

#16447 3 years ago

Anyone in the Houston area that can help a newbie get a brand new Batman 66 dialed-in?

*Free pizza and beer included.

#16448 3 years ago
Quoted from e4wesley:

Anyone in the Houston area that can help a newbie get a brand new Batman 66 dialed-in?
*Free pizza and beer included.

What are your issues? What part of town are you in?

#16449 3 years ago

Well Bat fans, after being a NIB LE owner I have finally hung up the cap and cowl and sold my LE. Still the single best owners thread on Pinside, hope you all continue to enjoy your BM66 and new code drops down the road.

#16450 3 years ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

Had this issue a couple weeks ago, the posts on here helpful, but also didn’t fix my issue
It ended up being a split cord inside the underside of the crane (held on by zip ties) took the zip ties off and re- solder the split wire and works better then ever

Another split wire crane victim here - my split was at the third zip tie (closest to the penguin - not the ball) and wasn’t revealed until I cut the zip tie off. Thank you for this excellent tip that saved me hours of diagnostic time.

Allgood

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/329?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.