IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 374.
#16351 3 years ago

Yes there is a light there. Chances are one of the wires pulled loose.

#16352 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes there is a light there. Chances are one of the wires pulled loose.

Guess I pulling the glass...lol

#16353 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Guess I pulling the glass...lol

Both of them......Red + orange - ?? Or does it matter

peg (resized).jpgpeg (resized).jpg
#16354 3 years ago

Fixed! Been like that since new....lol

#16355 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Fixed! Been like that since new....lol

The factory sometimes zip ties the wire a little short so pull yourself some slack or it will happen again.

#16356 3 years ago

Anyone seen the Batman tv inside have a super light white screen that is washed out? Not mine. But on someone else’s pin, just hoping to get them some help. It shows the images but they are very white and hard to see.

#16357 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

The factory sometimes zip ties the wire a little short so pull yourself some slack or it will happen again.

Looking at the solder pads it looks like they were never attached.....

#16358 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looking at the solder pads it looks like they were never attached.....

Mine too!

Funny, I never knew that this was an actual light. Thanks for posting!

#16359 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the bat wing side rails? Seems like all the sites are sold out.

Thanks,

#16360 3 years ago
Quoted from jimmorse:

Does anyone know where I can get the bat wing side rails? Seems like all the sites are sold out.
Thanks,

Try Pinside member Hemiorange09 from Pinball Refinery.

#16361 3 years ago

Finally broke a Bill..... and did not defeat ONE minor villain...

bmgc (resized).jpgbmgc (resized).jpg
#16362 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Question.....is a light/bulb on the top of the crane cockpit? Looks like there should be one....but I have seen mine lit......??

There is a light board there, mine broke a wire at the solder joint one point, yours probably did too.

#16363 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

There is a light board there, mine broke a wire at the solder joint one point, yours probably did too.

yup...but both were not connected....and looking at the solder joints....never were...

#16364 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Finally broke a Bill..... and did not defeat ONE minor villain...
[quoted image]

Did you defeat the Majors and pass on the bonuses then got a nice capture bonus?

#16365 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Mine too!
Funny, I never knew that this was an actual light. Thanks for posting!

Same here.

#16366 3 years ago

Anyone make a custom instruction card for the apron area already? I searched and didn't see one.

#16367 3 years ago

I just played a game that had 3 SDTM all from releasing the ball from the Batphone magnet. I would think there would be a setting for a few second ball save after the magnet lets go, but I can't find it (if it exists). Has anyone found one?

#16368 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Did you defeat the Majors and pass on the bonuses then got a nice capture bonus?

Played all episodes of Penguin and Catwoman twice. one riddler... passed on bonuses on all. Played 4 minor villains...just did not complete

#16369 3 years ago

What is a 2X 7-way combo? My wife put it up as a high score and I want to go after it. Thanks!!!!

#16370 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

What is a 2X 7-way combo? My wife put it up as a high score and I want to go after it. Thanks!!!!

Two 7-way combos in the same game. You can beat it by getting an 8-way combo.

#16371 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Two 7-way combos in the same game. You can beat it by getting an 8-way combo.

Thanks man!

#16372 3 years ago

Dropping from the magnet shouldn't go STDM, it should hit the left flipper. Make sure it's level side-to-side.

#16373 3 years ago

A very beautiful 66 is for sale (not mine) and someone commented “...is this a 2016 build?”

Curious what that means. Was there a design shift?

I know the build date is on the back (I’m mid 2019).
I’m aware of splitting cabinets.
Someone backstage told me that the left ramp needed a plexiglass patch.
And, of course, the metric hardware snafu.

Anything interesting?

#batman66

#16374 3 years ago

I saw something in the Feature Audits that I've never read about before (and I did a search through this thread) - there are statistics in the audits for 2 episodes that aren't in the game, at least not that I've ever heard about.

The episodes are Catwoman 83/84 (Catwoman Goes to College) and Joker 118 (The Joker's Flying Saucer). I watched The Joker's Flying Saucer; it was truly horrendous.

I'm assuming these aren't in the game but I did some poking around to see if they were easter eggs or hidden modes. Of course, I wasn't able to trigger them. My first thought was to finish both Catwomen modes completely to see if a third would open up - nope, didn't do anything. The Joker's Flying Saucer did have a clock in the episode - a bomb goes off at midnight. Maybe it's some sort of Midnight Madness easter egg? Again, probably not!

Has this discussion come up before? Like I said, I did some digging but didn't find anything.

#16375 3 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

I saw something in the Feature Audits that I've never read about before (and I did a search through this thread) - there are statistics in the audits for 2 episodes that aren't in the game, at least not that I've ever heard about.
The episodes are Catwoman 83/84 (Catwoman Goes to College) and Joker 118 (The Joker's Flying Saucer). I watched The Joker's Flying Saucer; it was truly horrendous.
I'm assuming these aren't in the game but I did some poking around to see if they were easter eggs or hidden modes. Of course, I wasn't able to trigger them. My first thought was to finish both Catwomen modes completely to see if a third would open up - nope, didn't do anything. The Joker's Flying Saucer did have a clock in the episode - a bomb goes off at midnight. Maybe it's some sort of Midnight Madness easter egg? Again, probably not!
Has this discussion come up before? Like I said, I did some digging but didn't find anything.

I've dug through the messages and whatnot on pinball browser and never noticed those but that's neat. I'm sure when Lyman gets back to this it'll be great, most of the alternate episodes seem to just be placeholders at the moment so I'll be happy even if those get polished up a bit more.

#16376 3 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

I watched The Joker's Flying Saucer; it was truly horrendous.

That's probably part of its charm

Rob

#16377 3 years ago

Has anyone had to adjust the right cat signal opto? Mine is registering in switch test but not in game, the right one looks well out compared to the hole for it, half in, half obscured. Guessing it is a case of turning the screw to get algned but it is facing towards playfield, so doing that would involve .... the worlds tiniest screwdriver?

#16379 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Anyone looking for a Villain topper check this out ...
ebay.com link » Stern Pinball Batman Premium Villans Topper

Free Shipping!!!

#16380 3 years ago

Maybe it's being personally delivered by Burt Ward!

#16381 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's probably part of its charm
Rob

Absolutely, the worse the episode the better it is in the BM66 universe. Sometimes it amazes me that this still goes over a few people's heads that this show was purposely awful (I'm sure everyone in this club get this). This is why I didn't get the show as a kid, but loved it in college watching with friends. It's a show best watched in small doses, but it still holds up which is rare for a comedy - maybe in part because we are in an era where we take super heroes seriously again in cinema.

#16382 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Absolutely, the worse the episode the better it is in the BM66 universe. Sometimes it amazes me that this still goes over a few people's heads that this show was purposely awful (I'm sure everyone in this club get this). This is why I didn't get the show as a kid, but loved it in college watching with friends. It's a show best watched in small doses, but it still holds up which is rare for a comedy - maybe in part because we are in an era where we take super heroes seriously again in cinema.

Have you seen the series called " Bad Boys"? Bizarre twist.

#16383 3 years ago

Never gets old watching Batman 66, with all it’s campy glory. They really pulled off a fun series that still holds up well today, with all the gadgets and straight face jokes delivered. In fact, that’s why Adam West got the part: because he was able to deliver his lines with a straight face.

Sometime in the future, Lyman may add a few more things, but this game is already complete the way it is and is a code extravaganza in the world of Batman. So much fun, never gets old, with a layout that shoots well and has so much going on to recreate under glass Gotham city excitement.

#16384 3 years ago

Question on playing 2-X player game... player one gets 2 balls in Ball Lock....and drains.. now what happens with next player (s)?? Was just wondering...

#16385 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Question on playing 2-X player game... player one gets 2 balls in Ball Lock....and drains.. now what happens with next player (s)?? Was just wondering...

Virtual locks for player 2, meaning the 2nd player only has to hit the orbit to lock, not go in the turntable assembly.

#16386 3 years ago

My 12 year old got to Villain escape last night (before me btw, first family member to do so, this game has my number) and damn that was cool. He beat my grand champion as well. I did enjoy shouting at him what villain shots he still needed though... right before he slept outside for the night.

#16387 3 years ago

Hello, all! Just got our (June 2019 build, NIB) BM66 Catwoman edition yesterday, and we’re loving it! That said, I’ve noticed that the Penguin crane doesn’t like to align with the inserts as it travels on its path, particularly going back to the right once it’s reached the farthest left insert (it starts overshooting the inserts by maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the ball width).

I saw some post about setting the penguin motor delay to 0, but that doesn’t seem to have fixed things (game has been reset a handful of times in between this change). It maaaybe helped a little bit, but it is not a very noticeable improvement, if it did much at all.

The game is still on v1.04 (which it shipped with), and I’ll be updating to v1.05 soon. Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this issue? I’m not sure if anything in v1.05 will address it, and I didn’t see anything in the key posts about this particular crane problem.

#16388 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello, all! Just got our (June 2019 build, NIB) BM66 Catwoman edition yesterday, and we’re loving it! That said, I’ve noticed that the Penguin crane doesn’t like to align with the inserts as it travels on its path, particularly going back to the right once it’s reached the farthest left insert (it starts overshooting the inserts by maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the ball width).
I saw some post about setting the penguin motor delay to 0, but that doesn’t seem to have fixed things (game has been reset a handful of times in between this change). It maaaybe helped a little bit, but it is not a very noticeable improvement, if it did much at all.
The game is still on v1.04 (which it shipped with), and I’ll be updating to v1.05 soon. Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this issue? I’m not sure if anything in v1.05 will address it, and I didn’t see anything in the key posts about this particular crane problem.

On the underside of the Crane assembly, there is a plate that has a tab on it which is what breaks the opto beam on each of the insert stops. That plate is adjustable and depending on which direction you move it, will either make the crane advance or delay in respect to the insert stops. between this and the software adjustment, you "should" be able to dial it in closer.

#16389 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

On the underside of the Crane assembly, there is a plate that has a tab on it which is what breaks the opto beam on each of the insert stops. That plate is adjustable and depending on which direction you move it, will either make the crane advance or delay in respect to the insert stops. between this and the software adjustment, you "should" be able to dial it in closer.

Thank you for the info, I’ll give that a shot!

#16390 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Thank you for the info, I’ll give that a shot!

No problem at all ... I believe there is a cover you have to remove first in order to see the adjustable portion I mentioned.

#16391 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

June build here too. Same issue. I found play in the crane itself where the shaft meets the arm (under Penguin’s arse).

I’ve opened it up and it’s the two old hex nuts into a square shaft but there’s a mushy plastic bit that probably needs re-examining.

PS - I put a little dim light in the cockpit (hacked down a comet light strip), tied it to the GI and it’s fun.

Musings on code:

- Season 3 major villains are pretty thin if you look at them. The infamous surfing with the joker is only two parts. Fighting the riddler at Gotham City garden, same. Penguin has 3 parts and it’s mostly Batgirl kicking someone. Earths Kitt’s cameo is dope. I can see those changing radically.

- My thought on the endgame is to light a ton of things and go mayhem, like the show. Say Holy Robin with the last wave of Penguin, timers frozen, 3x playfield, bat turn, multipliers all over and collect the 500 million shots.

But...

- there’s room for a last ultimate wizard mode. All lamps go dark except the bat cave. RGB insert in front so that could be your starting point. Add-a-ball is the forgotten bumper jackpot target. Imagine that each villain put behind bars has a shot one has to hit in order like Sea of Simulation. I dunno, lots of options.

- complete season 3 (no longer selectable) - go into the movie plot (see below).

- hit a TV target in a TV mode and the shaker goes off. Why? No call out or animation explaining why or what (other than in documentation which says ‘adds points’).

- oh man. Two villains at once. Team ups. Any episodes?

- if they ditch the bookworm/freeze mandate, it’s going to change everything.

- downloadable minor villain content. I’d buy a new episode or all.

- villain vision. Little things. Stats. Reactions from the joker when you hit it. Ads for TMNT and Stranger Things.

- retro bat 1940s mode with Lewis Wilson.

- whays to get there: complete all minor villains, a Batman movie mode following that plot in 4-6 parts, perhaps after completing season 3 (no longer selectable), all depends on the source material.

Downloadable content.

#16392 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

No problem at all ... I believe there is a cover you have to remove first in order to see the adjustable portion I mentioned.

Hmm, unless I’m looking in the wrong places, I don’t see any sort of adjustable plate on the underside of the crane (I’m looking all around the wrecking ball, and have traced the crane arm back to the control seat)

#16393 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hmm, unless I’m looking in the wrong places, I don’t see any sort of adjustable plate on the underside of the crane (I’m looking all around the wrecking ball, and have traced the crane arm back to the control seat)

Yep, confirmed: I misunderstood, and was looking in the wrong place! I’ve now found the plate.

#16394 3 years ago

Does anybody have a source for the metal "tab" that holds the blue rubber blocks on the left and right side of the ramps?

I'm looking for that metal portion that secures the rubber pad to the ramp.

Any lead is greatly appreciated!

#16395 3 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Does anybody have a source for the metal "tab" that holds the blue rubber blocks on the left and right side of the ramps?
I'm looking for that metal portion that secures the rubber pad to the ramp.
Any lead is greatly appreciated!

Probably one of these, the manual likely has the part number.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-01
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-00

#16396 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Probably one of these, the manual likely has the part number.

Thank you! I looked all over Marco and didn't use the right words.

For reference, only the entire ramp assembly part number is in the manual... that's always my first place to look.

#16397 3 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Thank you! I looked all over Marco and didn't use the right words.
For reference, only the entire ramp assembly part number is in the manual... that's always my first place to look.

My PDF of the manual *kind of* has the part number - page 48, the exploded assembly diagrams of the ramps. Strangely enough, it doesn't have the exact number; it has an XX as the final section of the number. I guess you have to measure the part you are replacing to get the right part since Marco says that's the difference between the 2 part numbers.

#16398 3 years ago

Anyone have a spare set of catwoman art blades?

#16399 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. Anyone have a link to strategy, particularly with minor villains. Admittedly I have gone back through the 300 plus pages of this thread yet but am about too! Fun game!

#16400 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Just joined the club yesterday. Anyone have a link to strategy, particularly with minor villains. Admittedly I have gone back through the 300 plus pages of this thread yet but am about too! Fun game!

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

I have a one sheet on the minor villains but cant locate.... maybe someone else...??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/328?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.