IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 374.
#16151 3 years ago

Call around to your dealer, Iā€™ve seen Cat Woman pinballs in dealer stock on the internet. Also hear (saw) that Stern is making a run of BM66 Cat Woman in November.

#16152 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

j85m - do you have a picture of your modified ramp I could take with my ramp to a fabricator?

Hereā€™s some pics, wireform basically had a top half added to it on that top bend.

The speed on the ramp now is insane as there is no flex or rattle, I had to lift both mounting points on the batgirl plastic so the ramp is slightly curved upwards otherwise the ball would jump off and clear the batgirl deflector landing in the outlane or hitting the apron.

Since raising the left ride of the ramp and giving it that inward lean it shoots better than ever, super quick and super smooth, makes the ramps on something like ironman and Star Trek look sluggish in comparison.

29DAA329-6583-42C5-A6D5-AB8CC77BDBEB (resized).jpeg29DAA329-6583-42C5-A6D5-AB8CC77BDBEB (resized).jpeg5E5B319C-270D-485F-978E-7703ACD30735 (resized).jpeg5E5B319C-270D-485F-978E-7703ACD30735 (resized).jpegBE777813-B9F7-4A6E-9678-DFE057228BB3 (resized).jpegBE777813-B9F7-4A6E-9678-DFE057228BB3 (resized).jpeg

#16153 3 years ago

Ok picking up a Batman 66 HUO and we are super excited, this is one my wife has wanted for a while now. What should I look out for in terms of issues with it over the regular things?

#16154 3 years ago

So it's that time again for me to get a new machine. I've been hanging out in this thread for years now.... but now I am not sure if I should get dead pool or AIQ instead. Part of me isnt sure I see the value compared to those two games, yet it looks so dsmn good. Thoughts from those that have played those two games?

#16155 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Ok picking up a Batman 66 HUO and we are super excited, this is one my wife has wanted for a while now. What should I look out for in terms of issues with it over the regular things?

Thereā€™s not really a lot of issues, I would check the edges of the playfield and mini playfield where they meet make sure there isnā€™t any excessive chipping or damage due to uneven levelling.

Make sure the turntable functions properly, lift the playfield and make sure the turntables cabling runs freely and hasnā€™t been caught or damaged previously - it should run freely back and forth through the white cylindrical tube.

Make sure all turntable switches are working etc, basically you want to check the turntable is 100% as itā€™s a bastard to work on unless you have little fingers and petite hands

The rest of itā€™s pretty standard stuff you would check on any other game. Oh if itā€™s an LE make sure it has the signed Adam West card.

#16156 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thereā€™s not really a lot of issues, I would check the edges of the playfield and mini playfield where they meet make sure there isnā€™t any excessive chipping or damage due to uneven levelling.
Make sure the turntable functions properly, lift the playfield and make sure the turntables cabling runs freely and hasnā€™t been caught or damaged previously - it should run freely back and forth through the white cylindrical tube.
Make sure all turntable switches are working etc, basically you want to check the turntable is 100% as itā€™s a bastard to work on unless you have little fingers and petite hands
The rest of itā€™s pretty standard stuff you would check on any other game. Oh if itā€™s an LE make sure it has the signed Adam West card.

Thanks for this!

#16157 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

In theory, a pinball machine is a securely sealed dollar eater designed to be left alone, among the wolves.

Four things I suggest looking for...

1. Irreparable damage due to unexpected engineering flaws. Things like the wear from the turntable against the other machinery.
2a. Cabinet damage. Honestly itā€™s a sticker and those do get nicked. Screened artwork is one thing, stickers can be replaced.
2b. Playfield (and related assemblies) wear from play. Dimples are to be expected. Most wear and tear thingies are available.
3. Bodgery, Bodgery, Bodgery. Ask me about the game with 12 spotlight kits from Comet.

Do all the tests. Remove the balls. Lift the playfield all the way up. Look for anything that doesnā€™t look factory. Wires come loose, they get re-soldered. Thatā€™s fine. But.... see #3.

Play it

#16158 3 years ago

This year's batman ornaments go on sale this weekend at your local Hallmark store.

2999QXI2441-Batmobile (resized).jpg2999QXI2441-Batmobile (resized).jpgDC-Comics-Batman-1966-TV-Series-The-Penguin-Keepsake-Ornament_1799QXE3221_01 (resized).jpgDC-Comics-Batman-1966-TV-Series-The-Penguin-Keepsake-Ornament_1799QXE3221_01 (resized).jpg
#16159 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This year's batman ornaments go on sale this weekend at your local Hallmark store. [quoted image][quoted image]

Tried to order online....Batmobile available now....Penguin not avail till Oct 5th

#16160 3 years ago

Where is everyone putting all these hallmark figures and vehicles? I struggled to put the batmobile, batgirls batcycle and the batcopter in the game without it looking cluttered and the batmobile is in the shooter lane.

D1D053E2-0658-4728-84D8-1AACBF1E6086 (resized).jpegD1D053E2-0658-4728-84D8-1AACBF1E6086 (resized).jpeg
#16161 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where is everyone putting all these hallmark figures and vehicles? I struggled to put the batmobile, batgirls batcycle and the batcopter in the game without it looking cluttered and the batmobile is in the shooter lane.
[quoted image]

Joker back right corner.

Riddler on the turntable.

CatWomen on the right side of the cats with a LED in her gem. my 3rd fav mod..lol

Batman caught by penguil on the crane and robbin watching from the right.

Batgirl and her bike on the left between the Copter mod , incredbile mod by @biglaw.

Finally...................

I did 2 autos by the plunger, the penguin-mobile and the joker hot rod on a plate. The Van is in top left corner on the ramp....

I think it looks clean and not cluttered. A few pic that I have on my laptop.

Hope that helps.

Quoted from docquest:

This year's batman ornaments go on sale this weekend at your local Hallmark store. [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from docquest:

60099684014__C5CCBA2B-0583-4AE0-8577-73F736CB90F8 (resized).JPG60099684014__C5CCBA2B-0583-4AE0-8577-73F736CB90F8 (resized).JPGcars (resized).JPGcars (resized).JPGcat (resized).JPGcat (resized).JPG
#16162 3 years ago

All I need is Penguin, its been a long wait.

Thanks for the update.

#16163 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where is everyone putting all these hallmark figures and vehicles?

Christmas trees mostly.

#16164 3 years ago

5 stores , all sold out. 6th store found ONE!!!!. Crazy.

Who is buying these things,not just pinball peeps?

Batboat going away as I grabbed the last batmobile, its smaller than the penmobile.

#16165 3 years ago

Iā€™d like a Penguin but not going store shopping to find one.

#16166 3 years ago

I havenā€™t gotten my game yet, but Iā€™m stocking up on mods anyway. Just ordered the Batmobile off their website.

Picked up a Demogorgon too...hoping itā€™ll work somewhere in my ST pin.

#16167 3 years ago

Can anyone tel mee what screw size/thread the two screws used to hold the cats onto the brackets please. Thanks

#16168 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Can anyone tel mee what screw size/thread the two screws used to hold the cats onto the brackets please. Thanks

SCREW, 6-32 X 1/4" PPH SEMS

#16169 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Adding to Sutol's reply, I got tired of not having the right screws. Maybe close, but not exact, so I bought some of these in various sizes. Has really come in handy over the years. Especially at night when the hardware might be closed.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16170 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I think its smaller than that

Its the two that screw into the angle section. Not the ones with nuts

#16171 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

I think its smaller than that
Its the two that screw into the angle section. Not the ones with nuts

If it's the two small black ones you've got me there.
They are not listed in the parts diagram either which is weird.

#16172 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I've taken them off before, and if I'm remembering right they are #4-40. They are definitely smaller than #6-32.....

#16173 3 years ago

Hi all! Went to level the turntable today only to find the wiring loom for the turntable frayed away and starting to get really messed up - did a bit of diagnosing and found the loom was drooping down and folding over itself and onto one of the coils under the turntable! Sure looks like I caught it just in time as any longer and the wires were going to get damaged for sure. I made a quick video here in case this can help anyone else, and I'm curious if anyone found a fix better than the one I did, which is an extra zip tie... Anyone else ever have this problem?

IMG_0596 copy (resized).jpegIMG_0596 copy (resized).jpegIMG_0597 copy (resized).jpegIMG_0597 copy (resized).jpeg
#16174 3 years ago

Excellent video thank you for posting!

#16175 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Quoted from AUKraut:

I've taken them off before, and if I'm remembering right they are #4-40. They are definitely smaller than #6-32.....

Yes I think they must be #4-40

Thanks guys for helping out here

#16176 3 years ago

Anyway to turn down flipper power on bm66 like you can on some newer Sterns?

#16177 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yep, same location as other SPIKE2 based tables toward the end of the feature adjustment ID list.

#16179 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doesnā€™t have it. Sling, trough, launch. No flippers.

#16180 3 years ago

Anyone bring GI/CL light (micro LEDs) up through the turntable and light the targets romantically from above? Facing down from the TV? Same with the batphone (which is upper dim).

Itā€™s a dark abyss.

#16181 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Yep, same location as other SPIKE2 based tables toward the end of the feature adjustment ID list.

The Catwoman edition I have does not have an adjustment for flipper power.

#16182 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Doesnā€™t have it. Sling, trough, launch. No flippers.

Correct.

#16183 3 years ago

New to the club
Love this game

02F1A7D9-FCE4-4C2F-B0CE-50C191EC53E1 (resized).jpeg02F1A7D9-FCE4-4C2F-B0CE-50C191EC53E1 (resized).jpeg7B1E6A37-40FF-4FC2-8B20-FD850E48E9F5 (resized).jpeg7B1E6A37-40FF-4FC2-8B20-FD850E48E9F5 (resized).jpeg843B921F-93DC-41FD-B314-D3FE68E5DB25 (resized).jpeg843B921F-93DC-41FD-B314-D3FE68E5DB25 (resized).jpegB05393EF-F96E-4DC4-92DE-7DCDE733A800 (resized).jpegB05393EF-F96E-4DC4-92DE-7DCDE733A800 (resized).jpeg
#16184 3 years ago

Forgot to share this a while back, photo was before getting a new apron decal but turned out pretty cool having signed cards for both Burt and Adam.

1502FF5B-9FC3-4EAB-A386-136EE18679ED (resized).jpeg1502FF5B-9FC3-4EAB-A386-136EE18679ED (resized).jpeg
#16185 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Forgot to share this a while back, photo was before getting a new apron decal but turned out pretty cool having signed cards for both Burt and Adam.
[quoted image]

Now you just need a Julie Newmar card to finish it off.

#16186 3 years ago

Was hoping for a hint of new BM66 code in the Oct State of Stern. Still keeping fingers crossed for Nov!

#16187 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Now you just need a Julie Newmar card to finish it off.

Let me know if your going to any conventions with her next year Doc, big thank you for the Burt Ward card above!

#16188 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Was hoping for a hint of new BM66 code in the Oct State of Stern. Still keeping fingers crossed for Nov!

Lyman is probably busy finishing up Elvira.

#16189 3 years ago

It would be nice if Lyman worked on nerfing the bookworm freeze strategy. I think allowing bookworm to work with the next available ball and not every ball for the entire game would fix things a bit. Or make freeze slow timers down big time. Maybe make egghead more lucrative as well, to make it more tempting to take instead of bookworm/freeze.

#16190 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It would be nice if Lyman worked on nerfing the bookworm freeze strategy. I think allowing bookworm to work with the next available ball and not every ball for the entire game would fix things a bit. Or make freeze slow timers down big time. Maybe make egghead more lucrative as well, to make it more tempting to take instead of bookworm/freeze.

Great ideas, a super final wizard mode wouldnā€™t go a miss for completing the 3 current wizard modes would be cool, a little more from the villain vision tv would be the absolute icing on the cake itā€™s still such a wasted mech.

#16191 3 years ago

What's Stern's track record when they release a vault edition? Do they often update the code at the same time? I'm not even close to good enough to get to the wizard modes but still wouldn't mind seeing more code.

#16192 3 years ago

Unfortunately my BM66 is currently on the fritz anyway. The subwoofer preamp chip was running hot and the sub wasn't working with occasional loss of backbox speakers as well. But then I lost the whole game a week ago and now have a white lcd screen and only power indicators in the backbox but no other indication of the game booting up. I suspect the main board is fried somewhere.

I have a email in to Stern since last week Thursday but haven't heard anything back yet. I know their still probably trying to replace Chas (irreplaceable imho) but not having the game to play is a bummer.

#16193 3 years ago

Well G&R LE ordered.. this means that a game has to go... Donā€™t worry itā€™s not BM66..

But I do have a Villan Topper or the BM66 Prem/ Catwoman Edition that I may sell on.

PM if interested

#16194 3 years ago

Hey all, two questions after owning a Premium for a few months now (still love it, thanks ZMeny !)

1. I thought I saw a while back that some folks recommended replacing the factory shooter rod spring with a stiffer one to get better manual plunges; anybody have an opinion on which to get? I usually use the autoplunge (for the super skill shot) because the manual plunge doesn't have the oomph I feel like I'd want it to have. ( https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=plunger%20inner%20spring )

EDIT: Found the post where orange was recommended by @thundergod76; I'll probably go with that for now. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/318#post-5694056)

2. What brand of replacement pinballs are recommended for a game like this with a magnet? Are the POLARIS from Ball Baron a good choice? ( https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/ )

#16195 3 years ago

New to the club looking to purchase Stern accessories for my new BM66 premium looking for Side Blades , Batman topper , Bat signal and Side armor
Please Pm me if you have any of these your looking to sell ?

Thanks

#16196 3 years ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

New to the club looking to purchase Stern accessories for my new BM66 premium looking for Side Blades , Batman topper , Bat signal and Side armor
Please Pm me if you have any of these your looking to sell ?
Thanks

Side Blades available from Stern..

#16197 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Side Blades available from Stern..

They are awesome

#16198 3 years ago

Hey all,
Iā€™m working on a project and need a few good, quick pics from someone who has a cat woman version of Batman 66. It will only take a few minutes and your help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#16199 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Hey all,
Iā€™m working on a project and need a few good, quick pics from someone who has a cat woman version of Batman 66. It will only take a few minutes and your help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Exciting!

#16200 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Hey all,

I have a Catwoman and can take any pics you need this evening if it helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

ā‚¬ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/324?hl=theboatnics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.