IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 374.
#16101 3 years ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

Nice!! Sweet card as well

I actually have all the repro Topps cards somewhere. I was going to switch out the card every few weeks or so, but of course now I can’t find the cards anywhere. They’ll turn up...

#16102 3 years ago

Also, what is the current going rate for the Stern OEM bat signal? My ceiling is unfortunately too low for it to really illuminate well. They were $250 or so new with the base.
31539FBB-B03A-4E17-BE8D-1801B51858B9 (resized).jpeg31539FBB-B03A-4E17-BE8D-1801B51858B9 (resized).jpeg

#16103 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Also, what is the current going rate for the Stern OEM bat signal? My ceiling is unfortunately too low for it to really illuminate well. They were $250 or so new with the base.
[quoted image]

Pinballlife had them a few weeks ago, I think they were $350. All sold out at the moment.

If you are handy you can extend the power line to the signal and add a neodymium disc magnet to the base which would allow you to stick it anywhere on the metallic backbox or even a leg ut you make your power cord long enough. It's kinda fugly just sitting on the top like that.

#16104 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pinballlife had them a few weeks ago, I think they were $350. All sold out at the moment.
If you are handy you can extend the power line to the signal and add a neodymium disc magnet to the base which would allow you to stick it anywhere on the metallic backbox or even a leg ut you make your power cord long enough. It's kinda fugly just sitting on the top like that.

I was thinking about where else to put the signal as I have a topper that will be going on top soon. So a strong magnet on the back centered should work?

Have you done this to yours?? Be kinda cool hidden behind but still see it on the ceiling.

#16105 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the club!
Zap!

Welcome!

What the hell took you so long?

#16106 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Welcome!
What the hell took you so long?

As my high school guidance counselor warned me, I’m a little slow. Anyway, really enjoying it so far! Also, I have no idea what I’m doing.

#16107 3 years ago

Since toppers appear to be all the rage recently, I added the Green Hornet and Kato to my custom “Pop Topper” as they appeared in several BM66 episodes. I’m still hoping that Funko makes a few more of the minor villains, although I’m running out of room on the pin.

DD9BEF66-83F8-4B4F-8D9C-1419D204EC5F (resized).jpegDD9BEF66-83F8-4B4F-8D9C-1419D204EC5F (resized).jpeg
#16108 3 years ago

The white nylon post that serves as the turntable lock is sometimes up when I have lock enabled. I hit the ball lock shot, the diverted gate is open, the ball tries to get into the lock area, but because the white post is up the ball cant drop into the lock area.

In test mode, the nylon post moves up and down just fine.

How is this supposed to work. When is the nylon post supposed to be up? When is it supposed to be down? What triggers it?

#16109 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Appreciate for the feedback. Respectfully, not sure I agree. Novus No2 was developed to remove scratches from plastic. We have been using Novus No2 on playfield protectors for years to remove the scratches. You can use wax if you like as well. playfieldprotectors.com are extremely helpful if you have any questions. Biggest issue with using No2 or wax is it makes the game play too fast.
[quoted image]

Can we just count all the design typos on the back of the bottle of Novus 2?

#16110 3 years ago

Hey everyone,

The 2 wires to my Crane Flasher came off. Can someone please tell me which colour is the positive wire? There is a red and an orange one, and I'm not sure which to hook up to the positive part of the flasher. (I'd assume red, but thought I'd check here first.) Thanks!

#16111 3 years ago

Looking for a BM66 Premium in New England area. Send me a message if you’ve got one! Preferably HUO.

#16112 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image]

Anyone know if the projector can be unmounted from that plate and mounted to the LE topper to make an SLE topper?

#16113 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone know if the projector can be unmounted from that plate and mounted to the LE topper to make an SLE topper?

My understanding is the Premium version projector had signal boards installed that are needed to interact where the LE brand projector already had them installed in the game. Could be wrong.

#16114 3 years ago

The one I just sold had a base that I believe is detachable. There were two connections: one power, one to the main board via Ethernet cable.

#16115 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My understanding is the Premium version projector had signal boards installed that are needed to interact where the LE brand projector already had them installed in the game. Could be wrong.

That is correct, Stern sold 2 different projector options. One for premium owners and one for LE owners.

If you bought the premium projector it came with 2 node boards and a relay board and a big metal plate that installed on top of the backbox. It also had a metal box that sat on top of the plate to hold the boards and had a swivel on top that allowed you to adjust the projectors position. The premium version of the projector cost $250 when it was first available. Pinball life has some a few months ago but the price was higher, $350 i think.

If you bought the projector intended for the LE owners it didnt need the node boards because the LE topper already had them. It just had the relay board that talked to the node boards. It came with a smaller metal box and swivel that was designed to fit snugly behind the right side of batmobile topper exactly like the SLE version. The LE version of the projector sold for $200.

If you have an LE topper there is a connector on the back all set to plug into the LE version of the projector from Stern.

#16116 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yes but you would to make a modifed wire harness to connect it. You would also be missing the properly sized metal box and swivel that fits behind the LE topper to hold the relay board and the projector. However you could get around this by making a magnetic base for the projector so you could stick it anywhere you want on the metal back of the back box. This is what I used for my bat signal projector mod. Tha advantage of the magnetic base is you have a lot more flexibility as to where you put the projector. For people like me with low ceilings, mounting on top of the backbox didnt work well so mounting near the middle or bottom of the backbox gave a bigger projected image.

Send me a PM is you need help modifying a premium projector for your LE topper.

#16117 3 years ago

I have a Stern LE/SLE Batsignal assembly available if anyone is looking for one.

#16118 3 years ago

** duplicate deleted **

#16119 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have a Stern LE/SLE Batsignal assembly available if anyone is looking for one.

You sold your BM66LE @jfh?

#16120 3 years ago

I have the premium stern bat signal setup. I like it, pretty cool how it’s interactive. But, I don’t have the premium “villains” topper.

If anyone would sell a premium villains topper, please message me. Thanks!

#16121 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You sold your BM66LE jfh?

No. Just have an ceiling soffit that makes using the Stern version impractical.

My game won’t leave until I’m dead.

#16122 3 years ago
Quoted from DrBanner:

Hey everyone,
The 2 wires to my Crane Flasher came off. Can someone please tell me which colour is the positive wire? There is a red and an orange one, and I'm not sure which to hook up to the positive part of the flasher. (I'd assume red, but thought I'd check here first.) Thanks!

I’ll look for you tonight when I get home. This was happening to me so when you do fix it make sure there’s enough slack for the wire leading to the led, mine was too snug in the zip tie so when the crane moved eventually it would pull it free.

#16123 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I’ll look for you tonight when I get home. This was happening to me so when you do fix it make sure there’s enough slack for the wire leading to the led, mine was too snug in the zip tie so when the crane moved eventually it would pull it free.

Crap picture but it's orange than red going from post screw distally.

D

batmancrane (resized).jpgbatmancrane (resized).jpg
#16124 3 years ago

PSA. My local Wally world has the Jada 1:32 Batmobile and Batman figure for $9.97. I think on eBay they regularly go for 2x or 3x that. Wife picked me one up for Christmas.
20200923_164635 (resized).jpg20200923_164635 (resized).jpg

#16125 3 years ago

Good Lord, I found my old Batman trading cards! I might swap mine out every few weeks to keep things fresh.

For now, Batman defeats Catwoman. Next time, Batman fights a gorilla!

5C3B3334-ED57-42AA-8DE3-AE795B2C4987 (resized).jpeg5C3B3334-ED57-42AA-8DE3-AE795B2C4987 (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16126 3 years ago

I’m thinking about joining the club, I’m especially interested in this pin because of the rules, tons of modes and variety.

Whenever I’ve played has been on location and I was not crazy about the gameplay, shots and layout especially the turntable. But likely as not the games were not set up properly or was misaligned.

Just like to hear from the owners if it’s a good layout, fun good shots. Is the turntable fun? Is the turntable problematic? Any bad issues with the game or bad code bugs?

#16127 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just like to hear from the owners if it’s a good layout, fun good shots. Is the turntable fun? Is the turntable problematic? Any bad issues with the game or bad code bugs?

Some don’t like that the middle of the playfield is open (because of the crane and path to the turntable). I happen to like the layout, partly because it’s quite different from typical layouts. The turntable and crane are fun toys. I love the ramp shots. The orbit shots are tight but make-able. I like the BM66 layout because it’s different. I wish the GADGET stand ups were drop targets but that ship has sailed.

I have not had any issues with the turntable and as long as you make sure it’s level and the cable in the “bat tube” underneath the playfield moves freely you should be ok. I haven’t had any significant problems/issues with the game. The left ramp can ge a bit wobbly but if you have a newer build or the ramp plastic fix it’s ok. (There is a better ramp design but plans for producing it fell through).

I’m sure there are some code bugs but nothing glaring or that would interfere with the enjoyment of the game. The code is probably Stern’s deepest in years and has the best integration of theme specific assets (audio/video, pinball specific callouts by West and Ward) so far in the LCD era. Lots of nice little touches like selectable episodes and game play changing based on episodes (esp. the Season 3 ones with Batgirl), the mini-modes with the minor villains and so much more.

#16128 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m thinking about joining the club, I’m especially interested in this pin because of the rules, tons of modes and variety.
Whenever I’ve played has been on location and I was not crazy about the gameplay, shots and layout especially the turntable. But likely as not the games were not set up properly or was misaligned.

Batman has an underrated playfield, with a somewhat misunderstood nice design. I do think there is a difference in PF experience and the way the game shoots between the newer versions of Batman, being made now and the older ones made years ago. I know I purchased the original one, which I thought shot quite clunky, with rickety left ramp and tight enough shots I changed the ramp rubber bumper to the inside, just in order to reliably make the left orbit. On my Catwoman version of the table, there is zero of these issues and it shoots beautifully, with ramps strong and everything feels like a smooth game now. Shots do not have the tight feeling of the older builds, imo.

The turntable is amazing (under appreciated imo, as it changes states as much or more than MM castle), as it changes states so many times and packs in so many toys, that if all those targets were placed on the PF, it would appear very loaded and more filled out. But would diminish the very open PF shot geometry. Noticeably: as I’ve played the old and new versions extensively to see the subtle differences in game play.

#16129 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The left ramp can ge a bit wobbly but if you have a newer build or the ramp plastic fix it’s ok.

It’s a game changer having that left ramp rigid the speed of the ramp goes up x10!

00C5431B-96D0-4698-AF66-9E4889FF0C28 (resized).jpeg00C5431B-96D0-4698-AF66-9E4889FF0C28 (resized).jpeg
#16130 3 years ago

It’s a flail machine. The modes stack up easily. Everything becomes lit. Shoot a ball in almost any direction away from you and something is lit. A villain shot, The combo, all sorts of things.

When they say fan layout, this is what they mean. Wiiiiiiide open and from left orbit to lock lights to right orbit, it’s hard not to miss a something or other.

Unless you hit a post.

The multiballs are a hoot but I find myself killing games if I’m not up to the second one by the second ball.

But that’s it. No super duper wizard mode. Points start ratcheting up exponentially as you play the minors. Majors can be nursed.

Great job incorporating the theme. A little lean on clips.

I love that the biggest problem in the second Catwoman is that Batman and his, ahem, ‘sidekick’ can’t go into the ladies changing room so they call up batgirl.

Come pick mine up.

#16131 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

A little lean on clips.

Umm, what? Compared to what other game?

#16132 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

...... Hobbit? I am unsure what he's talking about. There are clips up the butt in this game.

#16133 3 years ago

Hey guys (and gals);

A fairly new owner here, so a bit of a BM66 newbie.

Got a minor mystery on my hands. Found a screw on the PF and trying to locate it's home. Doesn't seem to be from an obvious location given it's size (i.e. for a plastic piece). I'm thinking it goes on a piece on the turntable (see below)? Don't see any other hardware floating around (yet) like washers or nuts.

Thanks for any help.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16134 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Compared to the possibilities.

Wouldn’t you love it if there were more episode-specific, plot-progressing clips that played (minimally as an audio sound bite) as you hack your way through the shots each episode-specific villain requires to progress to the end of the television episode?

Or maybe it’s just me.

I love the game for how intelligently it uses what clips it has.

The possibilities...

#16135 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Compared to the possibilities.
Wouldn’t you love it if there were more episode-specific, plot-progressing clips that played (minimally as an audio sound bite) as you hack your way through the shots each episode-specific villain requires to progress to the end of the television episode?
Or maybe it’s just me.
I love the game for how intelligently it uses what clips it has.
The possibilities...

More is usually good but I don’t consider BM66 lacking in that regard.

#16136 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

The multiballs are a hoot but I find myself killing games if I’m not up to the second one by the second ball.

Some players probably kill the game if they have not got Bookworm/Freeze on the first ball. Jack Danger was doing it almost every time he played it on his Twitch stream.

Quoted from desiArnez:

But that’s it. No super duper wizard mode. Points start ratcheting up exponentially as you play the minors. Majors can be nursed.

I don't think BM66 needs a super duper wizard mode, but I can see the desire since the wizard modes that are in the game are all fairly attainable.

Quoted from desiArnez:

Great job incorporating the theme. A little lean on clips.

Awesome theme integration, I agree!

Quoted from desiArnez:

Come pick mine up.

I'm still hanging on to mine for now. I love the theme so much, but I wish some rules were better. I guess I sound like a broken record on that note...

Rob

#16137 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Hey guys (and gals);
A fairly new owner here, so a bit of a BM66 newbie.
Got a minor mystery on my hands. Found a screw on the PF and trying to locate it's home. Doesn't seem to be from an obvious location given it's size (i.e. for a plastic piece). I'm thinking it goes on a piece on the turntable (see below)? Don't see any other hardware floating around (yet) like washers or nuts.
Thanks for any help. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll look tomorrow on my game. What about the batmobile spinner?

Rob

#16138 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s a game changer having that left ramp rigid the speed of the ramp goes up x10!
[quoted image]

Does the new catwoman editions have that improved ramp?

#16139 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Its left ramp is significantly improved and shoots very fast, unlike the older ramps. I’ve played a thousand games or more on each model to know the difference. However, J85M red ramp is superior, I’m sure.

#16140 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Its left ramp is significantly improved and shoots very fast, unlike the older ramps. I’ve played a thousand games or more on each model to know the difference. However, J85M red ramp is superior, I’m sure.

Is this a part we can request from Stern or a distributor? In other words, can I upgrade my ‘old’ ramp to a ‘new’ one?

#16141 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'll look tomorrow on my game. What about the batmobile spinner?
Rob

Thanks Rob,

The Batmobile spinner, and the Batmobile itself appears to be OK. While I was looking at the spinner, I noticed another deflector like the one I thought was the culprit (missing a screw). That 2nd deflector has two screws in (coming thru the backside of the plastic), whereas the 1st one is loose and appears to be missing a screw. So I'm pretty sure I happened to stumble on the location. Or multiple screws fell out, LOL.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Time to get the manual out and see how to take off the top of the turntable. Anyone shed some light on any tricks I need to know to remove it? I'll go thru the thread and look for advice, I'm sure it's a topic somewhere.

Thanks again!

#16142 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Is the ramp itself redesigned? Or is it just the presence of the additional plastic piece on top that stabilizes it?

#16143 3 years ago

The ramp in the picture is not the ramp in catwoman,the ramp In cat Edition looks the same as all the others from what I can tell ,if it is way better what is different?I do remember that a new ramp was being developed by a pinsider years ago.Is that the one pictures,caN we get a better ramp,I have no trouble with mine ramp and it is very fast but what ever happens to a better ramp!

#16144 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

No, all runs of BM66 use the exact same ramps and wireforms, part numbers are identical, the initial/first runs of BM66 had issues with the left ramp, balls jumping off at that first corner and landing in the riddler scoop area was common and the ramp would bounce and flex causing ball jump offs elsewhere and rattling of perfect shots.

Stern released the fox which was an extended plastic that stopped ball jump offs and helped stiffen the ramp up a touch, still far from perfect and not fitting of the Premium price point of BM66.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Is this a part we can request from Stern or a distributor? In other words, can I upgrade my ‘old’ ramp to a ‘new’ one?

No unfortunately Stern only have the original/existing ramps and wireforms as per the manual and part numbers available to order.

My ramp was inspired by a pinsider and fellow BM66 owner (who’s name I’ll leave out of this post to avoid him getting bombarded with PMs) who attempted to put a replacement/superior ramp into production unfortunately the planets wouldn’t align for him, no fault of his!

If anyone has a local fabrication shop they should be able to add the top run of rails to the ramp, it does make a huge difference plus it just looks a lot more premium and fitting for the game, especially with some sparkle powdercoating

My left ramp is red “Robin” sparkle and my right ramp is dark “Batman cowl” blue, powdercoated wireforms looks awesome on this game!

#16145 3 years ago

J85M - do you have a picture of your modified ramp I could take with my ramp to a fabricator?

#16146 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is the ramp itself redesigned? Or is it just the presence of the additional plastic piece on top that stabilizes it?

The part numbers may be the same, but the difference between my original BAT66 and Catwoman ramp is significant. Again I know from putting several thousand games on each of them. Stern silently made the Catwoman version and newer BAT66 versions sturdier, not just the plastic on top of the ramp. They made a subtle change like this in AC/DC to a troubled post position. Said nothing to anyone about it, but on the vault edition it was slightly moved and plays much better than original. Catwoman Joker targets are re-engineered as well. I’ve noticed other slight differences between my original BAT66 and Catwoman too. They’ve had lots of HUO experience by now making Batman, so why not make improvements after learning from the field. No matter which version anyone has, Batman is one of the most fun machines ever built and especially if you’re a fan of the real one and only Batman and Robin. The dynamic duo that started it all, .

#16147 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

j85m - do you have a picture of your modified ramp I could take with my ramp to a fabricator?

Yeah I can take a few pics no problem at all. I’ve been out all day today so give me until tomorrow and I’ll post a few pics so you and anyone else can take it to a local fabricator.

#16148 3 years ago

Hey fellas

I’m pretty sure I’m going to join the club here pretty soon. I’ve watched tons of video online and I have a handful of games on location under my belt. Love the theme, love the looks, love the pin.

I know at one point there were some issues with the left ramp and there were maybe some sporadic issues with the turntable.

I’m looking to get NIB. Are those issues resolved now? I’m guessing most NIB available will be newer runs.

Also....saw there is a Catwoman version? Is that a later run? Are there any issues with those? And overall what’s the deal with that version?

Also also...topper. Are they available? Worth it?

Any advice/suggestions y’all have would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#16149 3 years ago

Yes, cat women was later. Not sure you will find any of this left. I don't know any issues with batman 66, but I'm not a person with games on location.

I think cat woman just had different translight art, nothing more

#16150 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Yes, cat women was later. Not sure you will find any of this left. I don't know any issues with batman 66, but I'm not a person with games on location.
I think cat woman just had different translight art, nothing more

The backbox decals were also a cat woman exclusive. But yes, cat woman edition is the newest version and will have latest tweaks for left ramp and turntable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/323?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.