IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 374.
#16051 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Love my BM66 CWLE
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's one nice looking topper!

#16052 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

CWLE? So such thing... topper is cool!!

#16053 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

But now your game will forever be Naked and hate you for cutting its top off!! lol While a Hard thing to do it looks like he has exactly what he wanted and it looks great. Still one of our Favorite games No question.

#16054 3 years ago

I sure wish there was a way to get a topper like that. It looks just like a Stern original?
Or if someone at least had the plans to purchase, so we could make it ourselves.

#16055 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It looks just like a Stern original

Pretty sure it is.

#16056 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I sure wish there was a way to get a topper like that. It looks just like a Stern original?
Or if someone at least had the plans to purchase, so we could make it ourselves.

There are a few copies floating around. I would love to be able to make one or buy one that looks like that.

#16057 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There are a few copies floating around. I would love to be able to make one or buy one that looks like that.

Even if someone had the parts for sale and we assemble. So many people want the topper. There has to be a way to make one. Any ideas?

If I had access to one to get the measurements etc. I’d draw up the plans in CAD and share the file for anyone that wants to build, but alas, no one I know has one. Could change it 10% to avoid infringement, that’s all it takes.

#16058 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Even if someone had the parts for sale and we assemble. So many people want the topper. There has to be a way to make one. Any ideas?
If I had access to one to get the measurements etc. I’d draw up the plans in CAD and share the file for anyone that wants to build, but alas, no one I know has one. Could change it 10% to avoid infringement, that’s all it takes.

If I could make one or had the info, I would have already shared the info on Pinside. I am not sure what you are talking about with the show. I just like the pin.

#16059 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If I could make one or had the info, I would have already shared the info on Pinside. I am not sure what you are talking about with the show. I just like the pin.

Yes, my show comments had nothing to do with what you were saying. I was referencing some other people’s comments on the show itself. So will make it a separate post.

#16060 3 years ago

I see from a couple of you Bat scholars that ratings were declining. I wonder if that was completely the case, according to other sources. There are mixed messages depending on whom is referenced. I do remember the issue with LIS being opposite of Batman causing some disparity. But think Batman could have gone longer, because the interest was there among us real Batfans. Certainly the stars of the show were stunned when the show was cancelled, after only 3 seasons. The actors didn’t see it coming, so they were somewhat oblivious to ratings being the reason, if they totally were. Maybe I don’t recall correctly having legal problems during the show run, but seem to recall that was part of the show cancellation decisions, not just during the market to DVD debacle. Maybe I was too young to remember well, lol. So I’ll acquiesce to you older Bat seniors. The flyer shown by Docquest seems to prove producers knew for whatever reason, the show was on it’s way out and syndication was heir apparent.

#16061 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Love my BM66 CWLE

Beautiful looking pin my friend, I like the custom Catwoman Badge the best

#16062 3 years ago

The Bat Topper is an Original Stern topper.

docquest kindly sold me his topper..

sorry, I used the term CWLE because previous post said Stern treated this like an LE

#16063 3 years ago

Anybody have the game set to 5 balls? I haven't had a machine set on 5 balls in 10 years but thinking it might make the game more fun. Lots to see and do , and i suck at pinball and sort of stuck at the moment. My buddy Robert once set his Junkyard to 9 balls so he could travel to outer space

#16064 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Anybody have the game set to 5 balls? I haven't had a machine set on 5 balls in 10 years but thinking it might make the game more fun. Lots to see and do , and i suck at pinball and sort of stuck at the moment. My buddy Robert once set his Junkyard to 9 balls so he could travel to outer space

Yeh i have mine set to 5 balls. My young son plays it regularly and loves seeing all the villains, its so much more enjoyable for him. I must admit i do too

#16065 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Yes sir. I have a family and they prefer 5b on all our games. Why not? It's for HUO and fun!

BTW, I'm right around the corner from ya.

Chris

#16066 3 years ago

5 balls also. I play for fun not competition.

#16067 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

5 balls also. I play for fun not competition.

Absolutely. We often set up games for 5 balls when new code is introduced or we want to get further along in the long code journey. Never understand why people feel guilty as if there was some written Pinball Law that you can't play with 2 or 10 balls?? We play to enjoy the game not push a start button! Second pet-peave for us is when people diss a game because it plays long?? Is it really more fun to play a game for 30 seconds? Why? The Only one that enjoys short ball times is an Operator! lol

#16068 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Anybody have the game set to 5 balls?

Yup. I have both Batman and Elvira set to 5 balls per game. I love pinball but am not a good enough player to master a modern Lyman game.

Occasionally I set TAF and/or STLE to 5 (mostly when we have parties) but generally the other games in my collection where the number of balls are selectable are set to whatever was prevalent when the game was first on location.

It’s your game - set it where you want. And you don’t have to stop at 5 either ...

#16069 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. I have both Batman and Elvira set to 5 balls per game. I love pinball but am not a good enough player to master a modern Lyman game.
Occasionally I set TAF and/or STLE to 5 (mostly when we have parties) but generally the other games in my collection where the number of balls are selectable are set to whatever was prevalent when the game was first on location.
It’s your game - set it where you want. And you don’t have to stop at 5 either ...

Lol. Long ago I remember I had guests over one of which was a pinball player who flipped out cause I had FunHouse set to 10 balls!!! lol I told him Rudy Hates me so thats my way of getting even!

#16070 3 years ago

Ya know, I never once ever thought about changing from 3 balls, but now seeing how a lot of you have 5 going on BM66 (and how much said pin kicks my rear end), I'm starting to now consider it...

#16071 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ya know, I never once ever thought about changing from 3 balls, but now seeing how a lot of you have 5 going on BM66 (and how much said pin kicks my rear end), I'm starting to now consider it...

I went to lucky 7.....still kicks my ass...hahahaha.

#16072 3 years ago

interesting another run of batman so probably one more new pin out of Stern for this year?

#16073 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

interesting another run of batman so probably one more new pin out of Stern for this year?

Been a good year....I put ST as this year and Turtles and the BM run....not to shabby..they sure aint hurting..

#16074 3 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Even for an average player there is too much code wise to explore. 3 balls just doesn't cut it.

#16075 3 years ago

Does anyone know if another Lyman code update could coincide with the extra BM66 run?

#16076 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone know if another Lyman code update could coincide with the extra BM66 run?

That’s the current rumour...

#16077 3 years ago

Had a GREAT 5 ball game today. Almost had all 3 minor villain multiballs...just lacked left loop! Before this game I had only gotten 1 in a game.

I was pissed though. On Holy Multiball I tilted, and I wasn't nudging the machine...just crazy mb madness. Oh well. It was a 40ish minute game and it was super fun. At the end I got like 8 Champion awards and finally own all Champion initials with DADDY. The Joker 104 had eluded me for many months.

Fun stuff.

20200822_100916 (resized).jpg20200822_100916 (resized).jpg20200822_100932 (resized).jpg20200822_100932 (resized).jpg

#16078 3 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Had a GREAT 5 ball game today. Almost had all 3 minor villain multiballs...just lacked left loop! Before this game I had only gotten 1 in a game.
I was pissed though. On Holy Multiball I tilted, and I wasn't nudging the machine...just crazy mb madness. Oh well. It was a 40ish minute game and it was super fun. At the end I got like 8 Champion awards and finally own all Champion initials with DADDY. The Joker 104 had eluded me for many months.
Fun stuff.

Awesome times.

#16079 3 years ago

I just joined the club and loving it. Quick question, once you beat a villain and have the option to take the points or pass is there a way in the menu where if you drain your ball the scores don’t carry over to the next ball? This would be a risk reward. Where as if you’re on your 2nd ball and you beat the Penguin, elect to keep battling a few times and have the super jackpot up to 50m but you drain... the option to get the jackpot is gone. Right now mine carries over to ball 3 so there’s no risk reward, why wouldn’t you keep battling because the scores are 2x then 3x then 4x

#16080 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Robin is looking at your red pants Dave

Neil.

#16081 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s the current rumour...

What would you add?

#16082 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What would you add?

hmmm....going to think on that one..

#16083 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What would you add?

You didn't ask me, but here are my thoughts:

The top bat lanes suck compared to the bottom bat lanes. There's no reason to want to shoot the top lanes at all because they only increase bonus X. The bottom lanes not only increase bonus X, but they also light the mystery and spinner jackpot (if I remember correctly). If it were up to me, I would remove the bonus x from the bottom lanes because it makes for way too much bonus x.

The spinner and it's jackpot are kind of weak. You don't really notice (or care) you got the jackpot and the spinner is just something you never think about shooting - except maybe when you have that Egghead 'all shots score' mission.

Freeze and Bookworm should be neutered and we all know why. They are just too strong together.

Mad Hatter could do a bit more maybe?

I wish Villain Vision did a bit more too.

Improved light show.

To be honest, I have not played my BM66 in a very long while. I still like the game, but just want a bit more balance in the rules/scoring.

Rob

#16084 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What would you add?

I think the game is complete as is but if we are compiling a wish list: more episodes for the main villians, a bat climb mode, a batgirl mode, a timed challenge mini wizard mode you can select at game start (like escape nublar in JP), fancier light shows.

#16085 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think the game is complete as is but if we are compiling a wish list: more episodes for the main villians, a bat climb mode, a batgirl mode, a timed challenge mini wizard mode you can select at game start (like escape nublar in JP), fancier light shows.

I'd love a batclimb mode. If they can't incorporate some of the actors maybe have Gary Stern, Lyman, Steve Ritchie etc pop out the window

#16086 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I'd love a batclimb mode. If they can't incorporate some of the actors maybe have Gary Stern, Lyman, Steve Ritchie etc pop out the window

That would be cool, similar to how they put Steve Ritchie in the extra ball sequence.

#16087 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like all of these ideas. I thought there was a reason they couldn’t do a bat climb mode, but that would be my top request.

#16088 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pin Stadiums add well to the light show....

#16089 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I like all of these ideas. I thought there was a reason they couldn’t do a bat climb mode, but that would be my top request.

They could do it without the actor cameos, that was the roadblock from what I heard. Pinball people cameos would be great though.

#16090 3 years ago

My wish list would start with more call outs. There are a lot of video clips during the minor villains that don't have any audio associated with them.

#16091 3 years ago

Another hope vote for a bat climb mode with pinball related cameos - it would be so great! This was always such a fun part of the TV show. My friends and I did bat climb jumping between couches back in the day. This game is all about fun and bat climb is +2 fun, so please Stern!

#16092 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

My wish list would start with more call outs. There are a lot of video clips during the minor villains that don't have any audio associated with them.

I had read at one point that with overhead 8 gb is the maximum file system for the current Stern architecture. Given the update files are routinely 6gb+, I would guess this to be intentional. If anyone has any better knowledge and this was incorrect, feel free to correct.

#16093 3 years ago

Like many, I would like an additional round of major villain episodes - but as someone just said, space might be an issue. I would also like a system setting that would allow for a random selection of the episodes. For example, you wouldn't know which Catwoman you were battling until you answered the phone. I know many people might not like that and it wouldn't be a good tournament setting but it would be a good option to have.

1 week later
#16094 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's no reason to want to shoot the top lanes at all because they only increase bonus X. The bottom lanes not only increase bonus X, but they also light the mystery and spinner jackpot (if I remember correctly). If it were up to me, I would remove the bonus x from the bottom lanes because it makes for way too much bonus x.

I would add that the ball launch skill shot value should increase for hitting the right lane with only one lane lit vs. all three lanes. I guess this is more academic with multi-billion point games, unless benefits go beyond just score like a bigger end-ball bonus increase, extended ball save time, +1 gadget, etc.

Quoted from Rob_G:

The spinner and it's jackpot are kind of weak. You don't really notice (or care) you got the jackpot and the spinner is just something you never think about shooting - except maybe when you have that Egghead 'all shots score' mission.

I totally agree! As much as I love ripping spinners, I keep forgetting B66 even has one.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Freeze and Bookworm should be neutered and we all know why. They are just too strong together.

Maybe, although I'd counter it isn't the easiest combo for most players to get, and if you screw up and drain you have to clear Mad Hatter to get another shot at the combo. Bookworm requires hitting a bunch of shots, and there isn't a ton of time for juggling without a mode time extension. Doing Freeze first helps take the pressure of Bookworm, but then you risk losing Freeze if you drain.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Mad Hatter could do a bit more maybe?

Mad Hatter requires the least number of shots to collect an S1 which is nice if you're chasing minor villain wizard modes. What more could it do that wouldn't be unbalanced? Extend ball save times? Additional gadget when a gadget is awarded?

#16095 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

I would add that the ball launch skill shot value should increase for hitting the right lane with only one lane lit vs. all three lanes. I guess this is more academic with multi-billion point games, unless benefits go beyond just score like a bigger end-ball bonus increase, extended ball save time, +1 gadget, etc.

The arrows and upper lane skill shot can be ignored (they are not fun anyhow). The super skill shot is easy enough and always gives you an extra gadget which is really handy!

Quoted from Flipstream:

Mad Hatter requires the least number of shots to collect an S1 which is nice if you're chasing minor villain wizard modes. What more could it do that wouldn't be unbalanced? Extend ball save times? Additional gadget when a gadget is awarded?

If you don't need to replay a minor villain, then what's the point of taking Mad Hatter (except to complete a season)? Or does it let you replay lost minor villains more than once? I'm not sure there's much reason to replay Egghead or Shame?

I love the theme and content in the game. But some of the rules do leave me feeling quite frustrated.

Rob

#16096 3 years ago

I looked but could not find how the turntable lag works,higher number faster?

#16097 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If you don't need to replay a minor villain, then what's the point of taking Mad Hatter (except to complete a season)?

Useful if you missed Bookworm or Freeze, and Both Mad Hatters will let you play collected minor villains as many times as you want.

#16098 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Useful if you missed Bookworm or Freeze, and Both Mad Hatters will let you play collected minor villains as many times as you want.

Also, you can combo mad hatter with king tut’s save minor villain progress (great when you got bookworm too), then you go back to failed minor villains and pickup where you left off as many times as you want. I find that combo quite useful, it really helps to get multiple minor villain wizards modes.

#16099 3 years ago

In the club!

Zap!
283CA28E-5C14-4042-842C-F169429424D3 (resized).jpeg283CA28E-5C14-4042-842C-F169429424D3 (resized).jpeg

#16100 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the club!
Zap!
[quoted image]

Nice!! Sweet card as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/322?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.