IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 374.
#15951 3 years ago

Hey Batman 66 premium owners, just putting a call out to anybody considering selling their game located in or not too far from either CA or NJ where my freight company is based. They would then ship the game to me in Australia. I can supply references to other Pinsiders who I've purchased from in the past, to help verify you are not being scammed.

I'd love a HUO game with signed Adam West card, but will consider all options. As I have international freight charges and an unfavorable exchange rate to also deal with my budget is limited, so avoiding a big US ground shipping charge would be an advantage.

Thanks for reading.

#15952 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The left ramp is where I suck.....

Left flipper cradle, then sharp backhand!

#15953 3 years ago

What size speakers are in a BM66LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

#15954 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What size speakers are in a BM66LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

Pretty sure 4” on LE, 5.25” on SLE

#15955 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Left flipper cradle, then sharp backhand!

I cant even get close trying that.....lol

#15956 3 years ago

Another victim of to tight zip ties on the crane!
I would highly recommend cutting off the 3 zip ties on the crane and add your own making it looser so the wires are able to move with the crane and not break. It’s not a matter of if but when your crane stops registering hits. Easy fix to prevent this.

BE0B6EBA-47FA-4274-9F5D-0A4844E36855 (resized).jpegBE0B6EBA-47FA-4274-9F5D-0A4844E36855 (resized).jpeg
#15957 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Another victim of to tight zip ties on the crane!
I would highly recommend cutting off the 3 zip ties on the crane and add your own making it looser so the wires are able to move with the crane and not break. It’s not a matter of if but when your crane stops registering hits. Easy fix to prevent this.
[quoted image]

Hard to see where these are....?

#15958 3 years ago

I wanted to customize my B66. I felt the Premium badge was boring, so Im trying this. My game is pretty decked out and I feel pretty close to a SLE. I didnt want to make a SLE or LE badge because its not one of those. Anyways, Im not looking to make these other than just one. Just thought Id share my idea.

B66 1 (resized).jpgB66 1 (resized).jpg
#15959 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I wanted to customize my B66. I felt the Premium badge was boring, so Im trying this. My game is pretty decked out and I feel pretty close to a SLE. I didnt want to make a SLE or LE badge because its not one of those. Anyways, Im not looking to make these other than just one. Just thought Id share my idea.
[quoted image]

No matter how many mods you added...it is and always will be a premium edition. Stern never made a special edition. My suggestion would be having the text still say premium edition while retaining your custom artwork. But at the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy and call it whatever you like as it is yours! Just my 2 cents.

1 week later
#15960 3 years ago

I am still looking for a Translite for the Pro or LE to go in a frame...any suggestions ??? I have the Prem PIN.

Thanks.

#15962 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I am still looking for a Translite for the Pro or LE to go in a frame...any suggestions ??? I have the Prem PIN.
Thanks.

Here you go: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-52I2-00

#15963 3 years ago

I suggested that in my previous post before I edited it. Dont think he wants two Pre translites near each other.

#15965 3 years ago

Stern said Hell no to buying one from them....said go find a distro....and they dont have any...SOL.

#15966 3 years ago

I am still looking for a Translite for the Pro or LE to go in a frame

Im confused. There is no Pro for B66. Only Premium , LE and SLE

#15967 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Correct.

Same situation with Elvira except Elvira calls the super expensive one the Signature Edition instead of Super LE.

#15968 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have PREM, I need SLE or LE or some alternate from mine. Any suggestions??

I cant even find catwomen translite...crazy...

#15969 3 years ago

I have PREM, I need SLE or LE or some alternate from mine. Any suggestions??
I cant even find catwomen translite...crazy...

You won't find them readily available. They are supposed to be limited to only the games they are meant to be on, unlike the premium which is unlimited. They all look too similar to me to want to have in the same gameroom. You might have luck contacting one of the bigger distributors directly. If Stern has any extras, they'd be more inclined to sell through them.

#15970 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You won't find them readily available. They are supposed to be limited to only the games they are meant to be on, unlike the premium which is unlimited. They all look too similar to me to want to have in the same gameroom. You might have luck contacting one of the bigger distributors directly. If Stern has any extras, they'd be more inclined to sell through them.

I've seen non pro versions of Stern translites for other games for sale in the past at Marco's so they might pop up eventually.

#15971 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've seen non pro versions of Stern translites for other games for sale in the past at Marco's so they might pop up eventually.

Metallica is a good example of this

#15972 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I’m expecting to have my first pinball machine next week - BM66 Catwoman Edition. Being a first time buyer and reading a lot of interesting information, I was hoping people could make some suggestions that would help preserve the playing field or any other parts of the machine. I appreciate all of the knowledge you all share on here!

#15973 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Hello everyone. I’m expecting to have my first pinball machine next week - BM66 Catwoman Edition. Being a first time buyer and reading a lot of interesting information, I was hoping people could make some suggestions that would help preserve the playing field or any other parts of the machine. I appreciate all of the knowledge you all share on here!

Congrats, you're gonna love it!

#15974 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Congrats on getting a BM66, you're gonna love it!

#15975 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Cliffy protectors on the shootlane, riddler saucer and penquin scoop, outhole protector is optional as you don’t see the outhole unless you look under the apron, I’ve got one on mine.

#15976 3 years ago

Playfield protector most definitely.

#15977 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cliffy protectors on the shootlane, riddler saucer and penquin scoop, outhole protector is optional as you don’t see the outhole unless you look under the apron, I’ve got one on mine.

I see where you can buy the full protection set, but I don’t see anything for the riddler saucer. Would it be included in the same set, or would I have to get that somewhere else? Thanks for the help by the way.

#15978 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Playfield protector most definitely.

Good idea. I can see how that could preserve the game. How hard is it for someone who knows nothing about pinball machines to install the playfield protector? My fear is taking things off the playfield to install it and then not being able to get everything put back together correctly. I’m guessing for a lot of you guys it’s a simple process but I can see myself with all the parts to the side and creating a cluster before I even play the game lol.

#15979 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Welcome to the Bat Cave. It's such a great game. You are going to love it and it's very deep as far as coding. This game has tight shots which will make you a better pinball player for sure.

#15980 3 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Welcome to the Bat Cave. It's such a great game. You are going to love it and it's very deep as far as coding. This game has tight shots which will make you a better pinball player for sure.

I’m looking forward to it. I read a lot of good things from people on this board, so that definitely pushed me towards this machine.

#15981 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Good idea. I can see how that could preserve the game. How hard is it for someone who knows nothing about pinball machines to install the playfield protector? My fear is taking things off the playfield to install it and then not being able to get everything put back together correctly. I’m guessing for a lot of you guys it’s a simple process but I can see myself with all the parts to the side and creating a cluster before I even play the game lol.

It's been a while but I removed both wireforms, sling plastics and flippers. Start at the top of the playfield and work your way down. The protector is flexible so you might have to muscle it into a couple of areas. Make sure ramp flaps are on top of protector to avoid airballs. Also, make sure you put a thin piece of cardboard or several pieces of tape on the protector under the crane ball. There is a sharp point under it that will scratch the protector. DO NOT wax the playfield before putting the protector on. If you do you'll getting mottling or "wet" spots under the protector that you won't like. Make sure you use some sort of flipper gauge to align your flippers to the playfield. There's more detailed instructions early in this thread. It's not that hard on BM66. It'll also be good experience with your first pin. Good luck!

#15982 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

I see where you can buy the full protection set, but I don’t see anything for the riddler saucer. Would it be included in the same set, or would I have to get that somewhere else? Thanks for the help by the way.

Best suggestion, keep the Playfield clean, replace the balls every 500 games, wax the Playfield, and just play it! Your not putting it on route in a bar home play is nothing to worry about. New collectors often get frightened off over reading forums of doubt. This is a Great game, just enjoy it!

#15983 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Best suggestion, keep the Playfield clean, replace the balls every 500 games, wax the Playfield, and just play it! Your not putting it on route in a bar home play is nothing to worry about. New collectors often get frightened off over reading forums of doubt. This is a Great game, just enjoy it!

Thank you all for your help. What’s the best thing to use to wax the playfield and how often does that need to be done?

#15984 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

Thank you all for your help. What’s the best thing to use to wax the playfield and how often does that need to be done?

Wow thats a long request with hundreds of thread preferences. lol Personally a decent carnuba car wax is fine. Clean in 5 minutes every 100 or so games and your good. Many like to Overly worry about owning a pinball machine in the beginning looking and reading for problems. General cleaning, play the game and enjoy. Worry less, play more!

#15985 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow thats a long request with hundreds of thread preferences. lol Personally a decent carnuba car wax is fine. Clean in 5 minutes every 100 or so games and your good. Many like to Overly worry about owning a pinball machine in the beginning looking and reading for problems. General cleaning, play the game and enjoy. Worry less, play more!

Good advice. I’ve always wanted to own one but after reading different opinions it has me thinking what all needs to be done to keep it in great condition. I think I started worrying too much about that instead of looking forward to having fun with it.

#15986 3 years ago

Batman 66. Today had a broken rubber on the turntable, took it apart replaced all of the parts. When I started up the game - the turntable gets stuck as it moves to and from the “last” position where the spinning bat mobile is in the front. Lifted play field and can’t find anything blocking turning. Weird thing when I run the turntable test with the play field up - it works. Only down does it get stuck so gravity must be part of the issue.
Have a video if anyone wants to help and “see” the issues. Thanks in advance.

#15987 3 years ago
Quoted from Jpbogart:

This is the only wax I use and recommend the stuff is brilliant. Grab the sponge applicator with it makes it super easy.

https://pu-parts.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar

https://pu-parts.com/blitz-applicator-sponge

#15988 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Batman 66. Today had a broken rubber on the turntable, took it apart replaced all of the parts. When I started up the game - the turntable gets stuck as it moves to and from the “last” position where the spinning bat mobile is in the front. Lifted play field and can’t find anything blocking turning. Weird thing when I run the turntable test with the play field up - it works. Only down does it get stuck so gravity must be part of the issue.
Have a video if anyone wants to help and “see” the issues. Thanks in advance.

Is the “Bat Tube” secure? If is not fixed to the brackets underneath it can cause problems with the cable passing through it.. just a thought..

#15989 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is the “Bat Tube” secure? If is not fixed to the brackets underneath it can cause problems with the cable passing through it.. just a thought..

Checked the tube - working no issues

#15990 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Before I pull the glass and start looking.....any guess where this came from...
[quoted image]

Well....while getting ready to install my new Cat mods...I figured out where it came from....this should be fun to put back.....

bat1 (resized).jpgbat1 (resized).jpg
#15991 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well....while getting ready to install my new Cat mods...I figured out where it came from....this should be fun to put back.....
[quoted image]

I’m sure I have a post there not just a screw.

#15992 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m sure I have a post there not just a screw.

Yes...screw underneath holding the post...thats the one the fell out...

I got it!!! nimble fingers...and needle nose to tighten post!!

#15993 3 years ago

Is the backglass on either the LE or SLE a mirrored backglass? Apologies in advance if this question has an obvious answer.

#15994 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Is the backglass on either the LE or SLE a mirrored backglass? Apologies in advance if this question has an obvious answer.

Nope!

#15995 3 years ago

OK thanks. Seems like that would be a small thing to provide, for a 15k-plus game

#15996 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

OK thanks. Seems like that would be a small thing to provide, for a 15k-plus game

15k...???

#15997 3 years ago

SLE - $14,999 (two years ago)

#15998 3 years ago

The money that would have been used on a mirrored backglass was was diverted to the extra man hours required for Stern personnel to individually watch each "I deserve to be allowed to buy an SLE" submission video by grovelling hopeful customers to be.

#15999 3 years ago

CPR are doing mirrored backglasses of classics like Addams, surely there’s a company out there that would make a mirrored version of the LE & SLE translites if there was enough demand.

#16000 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

CPR are doing mirrored backglasses of classics like Addams, surely there’s a company out there that would make a mirrored version of the LE & SLE translites if there was enough demand.

I’d be interested in a mirrored LE glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/320?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.