IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 374.
#15901 3 years ago

Is that lot 3D printed!?

#15902 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is that lot 3D printed!?

Some parts yes. Took a few days to design the parts but a fun challenge. Again, NOT selling just a personal test! Lol

#15903 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Some parts yes. Took a few days to design the parts but a fun challenge. Again, NOT selling just a personal test! Lol

Food for thought: Even if you don't want to sell the completed topper, if you sold a parts kit for the buyer to put together I'd jump on it!!

#15904 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WOW, Congrats really amazed #Docquest opted to part it out but your offer Was tempting!! As for breaking it down to replicate Trust me it is a complicated mess!! lol A fun challenge though! And NO, I am NOT making anymore!!!! Just wanted to see if I could do it!!
[quoted image]

He made me an offer I couldnt refuse LOL.
I've been thinking about making my own "souped up" version of the LE/SLE topper for a while. Now that I dont have mine anymore I'll be more motivated to actually get it done. Just like like Yelobird, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

#15905 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Food for thought: Even if you don't want to sell the completed topper, if you sold a parts kit for the buyer to put together I'd jump on it!!

Appreciated but really not looking to do that. Sometimes you just want to push the limits and see whats possible. Always fun.

#15906 3 years ago

I have one of the toppers made by a Pinsider that I will not be Keeping..

I am looking to get a few bits 3D printed
To make it look a bit better..

Or can have as it was made -

It was $400 + shipping.
I will take $300 + shipping

Thanks

#15907 3 years ago

Borrowing and fixing a friends Batman 66 he mentions the villain vision doesn't work and didn't want to pay the $250 ($300?) needed for a complete replacement, part #509-1002-00.

The node board tested fine, so that wasn't the issue, so I figured I'd tear it apart and see what I could find. Aha a torn ribbon cable was causing the issue. Also what's this a non stern part number? DisplayTech DT028ATFT.

DisplayTech DT028ATFT pulled from the villain visionDisplayTech DT028ATFT pulled from the villain vision

It took a bit to figure out how to pop the connector for the display but it kinda slides to the right towards the bend of the ribbon cable

IMG_7664 (resized).JPGIMG_7664 (resized).JPG

A quick google pulled up some LCD screens in the $30 range ($40 with shipping and taxes) from places like Mouser. But wait! It seems the display has been replaced by a newer version that is only selling for $15 on Arrow (linky), which translated to ~$22 after shipping and taxes, score! DisplayTech DT028BTFT

I checked the pinout reference sheets and from what I could tell the ribbon cables where the exact same as was driver (ILI9341). The manufacture mentioned the only significant change was an increased efficiency due to new LEDs within the backlight, so it should work, right?

IMG_0444 (resized).JPGIMG_0444 (resized).JPG

Well it does! So if anyone is having display issues with the little Villain Vision and your node board tests fine the display is cheap. Also the new one uses less power, yay!

IMG_8362 (resized).JPGIMG_8362 (resized).JPG

#15908 3 years ago

This is excellent info @GoodOmens...thank you! I'm gonna grab one of these displays for a backup. By the way, know anything about Node board repair?

#15909 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

This is excellent info GoodOmens...thank you! I'm gonna grab one of these displays for a backup. By the way, know anything about Node board repair?

I do not know anything about node board repair. The issue was the display was completely black but if you went into diagnostics no node errors would come up (That’s what I meant by testing). When I took it apart there was an obvious tear in the ribbon cable on the display that I think severed the power portion. As the tear was obvious I didn’t do any further diagnostics and just ordered the replacement lcd.

The LCD was a drop in replacement so was an easy fix once I figured out that connector I highlighted above. Was non-intuitive to push it towards where you insert the ribbon cable.

#15910 3 years ago

Thanks GoodOmens - ordered 2 spare displays screens (free shipping makes the 2nd one £5!)

Was looking to pick up a spare and at that price!.. Get em before they’re gone!

#15911 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Borrowing and fixing a friends Batman 66 he mentions the villain vision doesn't work and didn't want to pay the $250 ($300?) needed for a complete replacement, part #509-1002-00.
The node board tested fine, so that wasn't the issue, so I figured I'd tear it apart and see what I could find. Aha a torn ribbon cable was causing the issue. Also what's this a non stern part number? DisplayTech DT028ATFT.
[quoted image]
It took a bit to figure out how to pop the connector for the display but it kinda slides to the right towards the bend of the ribbon cable
[quoted image]
A quick google pulled up some LCD screens in the $30 range ($40 with shipping and taxes) from places like Mouser. But wait! It seems the display has been replaced by a newer version that is only selling for $15 on Arrow (linky), which translated to ~$22 after shipping and taxes, score! DisplayTech DT028BTFT
I checked the pinout reference sheets and from what I could tell the ribbon cables where the exact same as was driver (ILI9341). The manufacture mentioned the only significant change was an increased efficiency due to new LEDs within the backlight, so it should work, right?
[quoted image]
Well it does! So if anyone is having display issues with the little Villain Vision and your node board tests fine the display is cheap. Also the new one uses less power, yay!
[quoted image]

Brilliant info! Can a mod please make this a key post!? Thanks.

#15912 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome work/find. I’ve ordered 2 as spares. Super cheap insurance. I suspect Mouser is going to have a mini run on these mini screens ...

#15913 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yep, just ordered two myself; one for me, and one for a friend. You are correct; this is very cheap insurance, indeed!

Great work on this, GoodOmens!

#15914 3 years ago

Just had over an hour game. My previous high was 11 Billion. All 3 minor 3 times Batusi, HOLY, and Gas attack in same game! Major villian escape once. Had 5x on playfield multiplier and my gordon multipliers all lit on a super LONG ball.

thumbnail_20200626_220333 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200626_220333 (resized).jpg
#15915 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ordered one for backup. Thanks for the info!

#15916 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Just had over an hour game. My previous high was 11 Billion. All 3 minor 3 times Batusi, HOLY, and Gas attack in same game! Major villian escape once. Had 5x on playfield multiplier and my gordon multipliers all lit on a super LONG ball.
[quoted image]

WTF! You guys have some Crazy skills. I will never see scores like that. Wow

#15917 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

WTF! You guys have some Crazy skills. I will never see scores like that. Wow

Its Not "just" pinball anymore. You have to figure out how to get the big money!! The multipliers are usually the way to go!!
Also key to Batman 66 Is minor villians NOT major villans!
Stack your minors ! FREEZE is the BEST!!

#15918 3 years ago

Does anyone know if pinball browser still works with the most recent BM66 code?

#15919 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone know if pinball browser still works with the most recent BM66 code?

Yes, it does.

#15920 3 years ago

Big thank you to Sutol received these beautiful wireforms today!

Left ramp is in Robin Red and right ramp is Batman Blue. Pictures really don’t do them Justice the blue is practically a perfect match to Batman’s cowl with a sparkle mixed in.

8AB58D04-FB43-406A-929E-3E2106D52FA2 (resized).jpeg8AB58D04-FB43-406A-929E-3E2106D52FA2 (resized).jpeg8415198D-9C38-4744-BE5A-61FD8749E79B (resized).jpeg8415198D-9C38-4744-BE5A-61FD8749E79B (resized).jpegC674CBD2-3C30-4FD7-819D-33D1FC529CEA (resized).jpegC674CBD2-3C30-4FD7-819D-33D1FC529CEA (resized).jpeg
#15921 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Big thank you to sutol received these beautiful wireforms today!
Left ramp is in Robin Red and right ramp is Batman Blue. Pictures really don’t do them Justice the blue is practically a perfect match to Batman’s cowl with a sparkle mixed in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks so great and has been on my list forever to do to my BM66, but I don't want to be without playing it for that long to get them powder coated!!! Arrrghhh!!!

#15922 3 years ago

Having trouble with the two top left shots not registering with the crane. Found this post by RD and it was very helpful but did not fix my issue. Anyone have any other tips to check, thanks BIB

IMG_3927 (resized).PNGIMG_3927 (resized).PNG
#15923 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That looks so great and has been on my list forever to do to my BM66, but I don't want to be without playing it for that long to get them powder coated!!! Arrrghhh!!!

Thanks, I say take the down time, I’m sure you would get it back quicker with all powder coaters you’ve got in the US.

Just a quick install pic, coloured ramps go really well with all the colour on the playfield and look great with the blue over the inlane next to Batman in the outlane and the red over the left with Robin.

7FD7906D-C299-4C7B-83A4-4049CF6D5562 (resized).jpeg7FD7906D-C299-4C7B-83A4-4049CF6D5562 (resized).jpeg
#15924 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Having trouble with the two top left shots not registering with the crane. Found this post by RD and it was very helpful but did not fix my issue. Anyone have any other tips to check, thanks BIB
[quoted image]

Had this issue a couple weeks ago, the posts on here helpful, but also didn’t fix my issue

It ended up being a split cord inside the underside of the crane (held on by zip ties) took the zip ties off and re- solder the split wire and works better then ever

#15925 3 years ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

It ended up being a split cord inside the underside of the crane (held on by zip ties) took the zip ties off and re- solder the split wire and works better then ever

Thanks for the response! I saw another post explaining this but the area he pointed out looked good on my machine. Did you have to remove the top part of the crane to inspect further?

#15926 3 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Thanks for the response! I saw another post explaining this but the area he pointed out looked good on my machine. Did you have to remove the top part of the crane to inspect further?

It was along the arm of the crane, the cords are tucked up and held by zip ties, the split was small for me, but was def the issue

See pic

951777B2-D7B9-4517-8127-84F1E69A7EFE (resized).png951777B2-D7B9-4517-8127-84F1E69A7EFE (resized).png
#15927 3 years ago
Quoted from minutestomidnigh:

It was along the arm of the crane, the cords are tucked up and held by zip ties, the split was small for me, but was def the issue
See pic[quoted image]

Looking at those wires its hard to see how that could ever be "Intermittent" Glad you fixed it.

#15928 3 years ago

Thanks for posting, extremely helpful!

#15929 3 years ago

Anyone had their apron off recently? On the right where the Adam west/Catwoman cards are screwed to the apron under the apron sticker does the apron have the normal 4 cut outs for the instruction card or is it solid?

Barely getting time to touch my games other than playing them with the kids still off school during lockdown.

#15930 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone had their apron off recently? On the right where the Adam west/Catwoman cards are screwed to the apron under the apron sticker does the apron have the normal 4 cut outs for the instruction card or is it solid?
Barely getting time to touch my games other than playing them with the kids still off school during lockdown.

There are 4 screw holes. From the factory, only 3 will be visible and the other one will still be covered by a tiny die cut sticker that can be removed if you wish to change your card to one that is vertical vs horizontal or vice versa. I swapped mine from horizontal to vertical and realized that. I ended up moving that tiny piece of apron sticker to the other hole (the one that doesn't get a screw) to make it blend in. Hope that makes sense.

#15931 3 years ago

Before I pull the glass and start looking.....any guess where this came from...

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg
#15932 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

[quoted image]

Your picture is a little blurry, but it looks like a small Philips head screw. If your batmobile on the turntable spinner isn’t a newer riveted version that would be the first place I check.

#15933 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There are 4 screw holes. From the factory, only 3 will be visible and the other one will still be covered by a tiny die cut sticker that can be removed if you wish to change your card to one that is vertical vs horizontal or vice versa. I swapped mine from horizontal to vertical and realized that. I ended up moving that tiny piece of apron sticker to the other hole (the one that doesn't get a screw) to make it blend in. Hope that makes sense.

Yeah thanks, I was mainly curious if the apron had the usual instruction card cut outs in both sides and was simply covered up by the apron decal/sticker on the right where the cards go.

Looks like I’ll grab another apron and fill the instruction card cut outs on the left, apply new apron decal and then mount my additional signed cards.

#15934 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

[quoted image]

I had the same looking screw loose in the bottom of my NIB b66 catwoman and it ended up being from the TV on the turntable.

#15935 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Your picture is a little blurry, but it looks like a small Philips head screw. If your batmobile on the turntable spinner isn’t a newer riveted version that would be the first place I check.

Yes small phillips screw with star washer.....been all over the playfield with a flashlight..... cannot locate where it came from......Mine is a Catwoman edition as well...

#15936 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Yes small phillips screw with star washer.....been all over the playfield with a flashlight..... cannot locate where it came from......Mine is a Catwoman edition as well...

If you have a Catwoman it should have a riveted batmobile on the batmobile spinner but check underneath it for 2 screws or 2 rivets if you have screws it could be one of those. Also check the main turntable plastic that should have about 4 or 5 Philips screws holding it down.

Or as Droogs mentioned above check the mini tv mounts either side for screws, I can’t think of anywhere else that takes the small Philips screws other than some of the ramp plastics.

#15937 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you have a Catwoman it should have a riveted batmobile on the batmobile spinner but check underneath it for 2 screws or 2 rivets if you have screws it could be one of those. Also check the main turntable plastic that should have about 4 or 5 Philips screws holding it down.
Or as droogs mentioned above check the mini tv mounts either side for screws, I can’t think of anywhere else that takes the small Philips screws other than some of the ramp plastics.

Well I looked everywhere....batmobile is riveted...mini tv is fine.. guess I will wait to find something loose....lol

#15938 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

[quoted image]

I'd check the plastics on top of the wireforms.

#15939 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well I looked everywhere....batmobile is riveted...mini tv is fine.. guess I will wait to find something loose....lol

Have you just brought the game and unboxed?

If so I t’s not uncommon to find a few extra nuts flying around your cabinet or platfield that where never supposed to be destined for your game in the first place.

I remember my Ironman having two screws in the bottom of the cabinet, I checked everywhere and every screw was there, so someone had to have just dropped the things into the game by mistake, 3 hours of my life wasted

#15940 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you just brought the game and unboxed?
If so I t’s not uncommon to find a few extra nuts flying around your cabinet or platfield that where never supposed to be destined for your game in the first place.
I remember my Ironman having two screws in the bottom of the cabinet, I checked everywhere and every screw was there, so someone had to have just dropped the things into the game by mistake, 3 hours of my life wasted

No it has 200 games on it....and a playfield protector installed....

#15941 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No it has 200 games on it....and a playfield protector installed....

Then I would look at All of the things you removed to Install that protector as likely you forgot to put a screw back or tighten it. My money is on the ramp signs or turn table assembly.

#15942 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Then I would look at All of the things you removed to Install that protector as likely you forgot to put a screw back or tighten it. My money is on the ramp signs or turn table assembly.

I didnt do it..... but will go look again....

#15943 3 years ago

Ok,...anyone seen this...?? Its gone after a power cycle...

pin2 (resized).jpgpin2 (resized).jpg

#15944 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

[quoted image]

I haven’t seen that but there is a tab in the service menu where you can manually check for villain vision updates. Maybe check that?

#15945 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

I haven’t seen that but there is a tab in the service menu where you can manually check for villain vision updates. Maybe check that?

Is that a code update? I am on the latest version.....

#15946 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

[quoted image]

If you do a search through the forum, you'll see a number of people have gotten this. It appears to be a glitch - I haven't seen any definitive reasons for it or solutions. I got it a couple of times in the first couple of months I had the game. I haven't seen it in a long time. I also did disconnect/re-reconnect the villain vision at one point for other reasons - I certainly haven't seen that message since then. Maybe it has something to do with a loose connection to the device? Don't really know, other than I don't get it anymore.

#15947 3 years ago

Almost..... good game....

bat (resized).jpgbat (resized).jpg
#15948 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Almost..... good game....
[quoted image]

Wow great score! My left outlane is like a f’in black hole, tried turning the sling power down in the settings but I don’t think those settings do anything, right sling still fires it down the left outlane.

#15949 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow great score! My left outlane is like a f’in black hole, tried turning the sling power down in the settings but I don’t think those settings do anything, right sling still fires it down the left outlane.

The left ramp is where I suck.....

#15950 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The left ramp is where I suck.....

Your score says otherwise

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 319 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/319?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.