IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 374.
#15751 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Just picked up my BM66 yesterday and already had to tweak it a bit.
IMO, Batgirl looks so much better on the backbox rather than a duplicate side cabinet pose from Robin.
(The thin white border around Batgirl is from the backing of the decal. I just temporarily adhered to see how it will look. )
[quoted image]

Very Nice!!! I see a few mods ...hehe. Post another front picture.

#15752 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like you have the main parts there so a Correct repair with rivets (ace hardware) will have you back in no time. Tip for future, when in doubt if something seems off simply go to the top of the club page and select “image gallery”. Many helpful owners have uploaded Hundreds of pictures of virtually Every inch of this game. Always a great reference source for verification. Good luck!

Took a little longer than I thought, but I got the old hardware removed, flipped the diverter back around, and riveted in place. it now looks (and plays) much better. Ejects from the saucer now waste no time flowing down towards the pops, feels much better!

The hack-job “nuts and screws” solution included some twisted up lock washers and some kind of putty to keep it all together.. real head scratcher.

Thanks again, Yelobird !

B991D9D1-21E2-499C-AC4B-9200A2A4EF25 (resized).jpegB991D9D1-21E2-499C-AC4B-9200A2A4EF25 (resized).jpeg
#15753 3 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Took a little longer than I thought, but I got the old hardware removed, flipped the diverter back around, and riveted in place. it now looks (and plays) much better. Ejects from the saucer now waste no time flowing down towards the pops, feels much better!
The hack-job “nuts and screws” solution included some twisted up lock washers and some kind of putty to keep it all together.. real head scratcher.
Thanks again, yelobird ![quoted image]

Your awesome job well done congrats! Now enjoy that kick ass game all weekend to its fullest!

#15754 3 years ago

That's a terrific repair job!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Now enjoy that kick ass game all weekend to its fullest!

What he said; enjoy your pin!

#15755 3 years ago

The ball was getting stuck on the right side of the rotating playfield against the right ramp chassis.
Ive added a stick on rubber foot/pad on the side of the right ramp which seems to have cured the issue.
Now just rolls back out.
Seems to be ok so far when the rotating playfield is moving.
Stuck ball (resized).JPGStuck ball (resized).JPG

#15756 3 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Gadgets are generic - that is, it's not like you get the batarang and the bat shark spray (although I would love to see named gadgets). If you look in the info screen (trap a ball and hold until the info comes up) you'll see a count how many you have. They are all equal.
While you are in a mode, using a gadget generally will complete a mode shot. If multiple mode shots are lit, the left most mode shot will be completed (in order of precedence: left orbit, left ramp, bat cave, right ramp, penguin, right orbit). There are some shots that are gadget proof - like most Egghead mode shots, hurry ups, and jackpot collects.
If you have multiple modes running, the gadget is applied to shots associated with the mode on the primary TV screen.

Thanks for the explanation

How do you get a minor villain on th ex main screen so the gadget will work?

#15757 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Thanks for the explanation
How do you get a minor villain on th ex main screen so the gadget will work?

Press and hold the gadget button will swap you between running modes.

#15758 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Press and hold the gadget button will swap you between running modes.

One of the coolest rules and then there is the main channel multiplier which is icing on the cake!

Rob

#15759 3 years ago

So my very best first ball ever, and then pissed away two extra balls, along with balls 2 and 3. Ouch!!!

IMG_20200426_221348 (resized).jpgIMG_20200426_221348 (resized).jpgIMG_20200426_222018 (resized).jpgIMG_20200426_222018 (resized).jpg
#15760 3 years ago

I’d like to add the batwing side rails but everybody that’s reputable looks to be out of stock.

I did find this curious website listing with a “too good to be true price”.

https://www.wbstrade.top/arcade-table-games-c-7_10/stern-batman-66-pinball-bat-wing-side-armor-p-3654.html

Anyone know where else I could find these rails? They don’t need to be powder coated. I can have that done myself.

Thanks for any info.

#15761 3 years ago

I’d like to add the batwing side rails but everybody that’s reputable looks to be out of stock.
https://www.wbstrade.top/arcade-table-games-c-7_10/stern-batman-66-pinball-bat-wing-side-armor-p-3654.html
Anyone know where else I could find these rails? They don’t need to be powder coated. I can have that done myself.
Thanks for any info.

I think pinball refinery sold them. His web store appears to be closed for maintenance now but he put his phone number on the website.

https://mipinballrefinery.com

#15762 3 years ago

I tried loading different game difficulties in the utilities menu, but I'm not sure they do anything?

Rob

#15763 3 years ago

Thanks for any info.

I will have to look to see where I bought mine. I think I paid around $300 for them.

#15764 3 years ago

Got mine from GAP-
He did have a few sets left I think... this was 6 months ago tho

#15765 3 years ago

This is killing me...

What does Batman say when Penguin is captured? "Tell Warden Chichton...."?

"... to keep better odds"?
"... to keep bitter ice"?
" ... to bet on odds"?

no no no that can't be right.

I've watched the episode on H&I and of course it's exactly the same dialogue, so that's no help. It's such a distraction that it's now affecting my play! HELP!!

#15766 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

This is killing me...
What does Batman say when Penguin is captured? "Tell Warden Chichton...."?
"... to keep better odds"?
"... to keep bitter ice"?
" ... to bet on odds"?
no no no that can't be right.
I've watched the episode on H&I and of course it's exactly the same dialogue, so that's no help. It's such a distraction that it's now affecting my play! HELP!!

rps20200505_005101 (resized).jpgrps20200505_005101 (resized).jpg
#15767 3 years ago

I always thought he said” ....keep better odds.” Though I didn’t understand it. Thanks for the clarification, it makes more sense.

#15768 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I always thought he said” ....keep better odds.” Though I didn’t understand it. Thanks for the clarification, it makes more sense.

Well I thought he said "keep better eyes..." Now am going to have to listen again harder....

#15769 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well I thought he said "keep better eyes..." Now am going to have to listen again harder....

Looking at whole conversation it makes sense.

rps20200505_110214 (resized).jpgrps20200505_110214 (resized).jpgrps20200505_110120 (resized).jpgrps20200505_110120 (resized).jpgrps20200505_110256 (resized).jpgrps20200505_110256 (resized).jpgrps20200505_005101 (resized).jpgrps20200505_005101 (resized).jpg
#15770 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

[quoted image]

Well even if that captioning is correct, it's still a confusing instruction. That also explains Chief O'Hara expression!

#15771 3 years ago

It doesn’t help that Batman is what Jerry Seinfeld would call “a soft talker”!

#15772 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

It doesn’t help that Batman is what Jerry Seinfeld would call “a soft talker”!

That would be "low talker".

#15773 3 years ago

Long shot..

After a BM66 topper, either LE or the standard..

Why Stern didn’t run these again is beyond me.. left a HUGE amount of money on the table!

#15774 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Long shot..
Why Stern didn’t run these again is beyond me.. left a HUGE amount of money on the table!

I really have been trying to find one too. Someone told me about one, then I never heard from them again, even though I said I’d buy.

Stern did not rerun them for fear of ticking off all LE owners (there has to be a loop hole for Stern on making more somewhere). Lol Agree, they could sell one for every premium sold in the past. Easy money for Stern! I only want the LE version. The standard does nothing but light what’s already on the PF.

#15775 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get a speaker panel lock/spacer/key set? I'm installing my powdercoat armor and it looks like I've misplaced the lock for the speaker panel somewhere along the line...likely when I took the original panel off the game and the lock was either accidentally tossed or put somewhere that I'm not able to trace.

The owners manual lists this as part #355-5168-00-00 and it's not turning up available anywhere online.

The closest I can find to it is here at PBL - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-metal-backbox-lock-spacer-keys-only.html and notes there say that lock/spacer/key set (355-5168-00) won't work for a LCD speaker panel.

355-5168-00_assy_300x217 (resized).jpg355-5168-00_assy_300x217 (resized).jpg

Does anyone have any info on a working lock/spacer/key set they could point me towards so I can put this speaker panel back and backbox together?

Thanks much.

#15776 3 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Does anyone know where I can get a speaker panel lock/spacer/key set? I'm installing my powdercoat armor and it looks like I've misplaced the lock for the speaker panel somewhere along the line...likely when I took the original panel off the game and the lock was either accidentally tossed or put somewhere that I'm not able to trace.
The owners manual lists this as part #355-5168-00-00 and it's not turning up available anywhere online.
The closest I can find to it is here at PBL - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-metal-backbox-lock-spacer-keys-only.html and notes there say that lock/spacer/key set (355-5168-00) won't work for a LCD speaker panel.
[quoted image]
Does anyone have any info on a working lock/spacer/key set they could point me towards so I can put this speaker panel back and backbox together?
Thanks much.

It's not in the coinbox?

Rob

#15777 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Long shot..

Well I think it's about time I share with the group. Here is my Batman 66 LE topper. This was completely hand made by a great Pinsider. There are no node boards to trigger it so it's triggered by 2 sensors. I have the beacon triggered by the Super Jackpot and the Batman Signal at the bottom of the play field. A couple of pics and a short video for your viewing. If you want more details about how you too could own a very limited hand made topper shoot me a PM. I have permission from the creator to put it out here.
Thanks,

20200508_190221 (resized).jpg20200508_190221 (resized).jpg20200508_193639 (resized).jpg20200508_193639 (resized).jpg
#15778 3 years ago

Very well done. A little tweaking here and there and the correct logo and it's near perfect. Congrats!

#15779 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's not in the coinbox?
Rob

I wish it were.

Based on what I can tell, it's a 5/8" lock with a 1 1/2" straight cam... I'm piecing this much together based on what I found from a lock that was listed as fitting an Aerosmith (from Suzo Happ's website... they actually had the correct part number listed, but the lock isn't for sale..) and the picture of the cam in the owners manual.

If someone would have a minute, could you post a picture of the cam side of the lock?

Thank you!

#15780 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well I think it's about time I share with the group. Here is my Batman 66 LE topper. This was completely hand made by a great Pinsider.
If you want more details about how you too could own a very limited hand made topper shoot me a PM. I have permission from the creator to put it out here.
Thanks,

Oh yeah @chappie101... PM inbound! That looks really, really good and will likely be the closest we non-LE/SLE folks ever get to anything that nice.

#15781 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Very well done. A little tweaking here and there and the correct logo and it's near perfect. Congrats!

Agreed. Looks great, but needs the period correct logo.

#15782 3 years ago

I am in......easy fix on the logo....I already have a cool magnet for that spot.

#15783 3 years ago

I had this made by someone on pinside. It's a magnet I was using on the coindoor but it was too big for my taste so I might just use it here. I will pop off the other and get this mounted.

I had it on the front of the bat signal and it looks awesome.

IMG_2766 (resized).jpgIMG_2766 (resized).jpg
#15784 3 years ago

Has anyone enabled
The custom SLE speech in the menu..

Also, the bat light mod in the right corner, is it still only activated in attract and on the press
Of the start button

#15785 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has anyone enabled
The custom SLE speech in the menu.

Me too...I wish someone would come up with a solution for the SLE speach

#15786 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Me too...I wish someone would come up with a solution for the SLE speach

Personally I just layered in Adam saying "get the batphone" into the phone music. You'll hear it every 10 seconds or so during the hurry up.

#15787 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Personally I just layered in Adam saying "get the batphone" into the phone music. You'll hear it every 10 seconds or so during the hurry up.

At least it's not every 1 second

Rob

#15788 3 years ago

Hi,

I need a favor from someone here, please. On my BM66, the spinner (to the left of the commisioner Gordon shot) fell off. I popped it back in, but the shot is not registering. I played with the switch test and if I poke around on the microswitch arm, it registers. However, when spinning the spinner, nothing happens. I think either part of the switch arm broke, a piece of the spinner arm broke off, the assembly got bent from a violent shot, or the switch is defective. I don't really know what the spinner and switch assembly look like when things are working normally. Would someone please post a few pictures of that area, most importantly the area where the arm of the spinner hits the leaf switch. Does the spinner arm go on top or under the leaf?

Also, my spinner is pretty beat up and the corners are pretty rounded. Does anyone sell replacements with decals?

Thanks!

#15789 3 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Hi,
I need a favor from someone here, please. On my BM66, the spinner (to the left of the commisioner Gordon shot) fell off. I popped it back in, but the shot is not registering. I played with the switch test and if I poke around on the microswitch arm, it registers. However, when spinning the spinner, nothing happens. I think either part of the switch arm broke, a piece of the spinner arm broke off, the assembly got bent from a violent shot, or the switch is defective. I don't really know what the spinner and switch assembly look like when things are working normally. Would someone please post a few pictures of that area, most importantly the area where the arm of the spinner hits the leaf switch. Does the spinner arm go on top or under the leaf?
Also, my spinner is pretty beat up and the corners are pretty rounded. Does anyone sell replacements with decals?
Thanks!

Got a picture?

#15790 3 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#15791 3 years ago
6B41F1C2-C40F-4FE5-BE14-B115F5C50FB4 (resized).jpeg6B41F1C2-C40F-4FE5-BE14-B115F5C50FB4 (resized).jpegD1E98B75-A4BD-488B-B510-B9ADF51B287C (resized).jpegD1E98B75-A4BD-488B-B510-B9ADF51B287C (resized).jpeg
#15792 3 years ago

Pinhead1982, thanks for the reply and pictures. Here are my pics. When I rotate the spinner, the switch tests registers nothing. If I take a tool and poke at the arm of the microswitch, I get an acnowledgement from the test.

For the close-up, I moved the penguin crane to get a better shot (so don't get thrown off my the yellow). Thanks.

Based off of your pic, I'm guessing my switch is loose/worn and I need to replace that. I'm not sure what caused the spinner to come off -- I guess the game is a bit violent.

Spin1 (resized).jpgSpin1 (resized).jpgSpin2 (resized).jpgSpin2 (resized).jpg
#15793 3 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Pinhead1982, thanks for the reply and pictures. Here are my pics. When I rotate the spinner, the switch tests registers nothing. If I take a tool and poke at the arm of the microswitch, I get an acnowledgement from the test.
For the close-up, I moved the penguin crane to get a better shot (so don't get thrown off my the yellow). Thanks.
Based off of your pic, I'm guessing my switch is loose/worn and I need to replace that. I'm not sure what caused the spinner to come off -- I guess the game is a bit violent.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at the right side of your spinner it is Not fully in and incorrect. You need to remove it from the right and fully install it so the arm that actuates the switch will work.

#15794 3 years ago

It looks like you spinner wire is wrong side of the leaf

#15795 3 years ago

Yelobird, that was it. I didn't put the spinner in all the way so it matched Pinhead1982's pictures. I needed to step it throug and now it's making better contact withthe switch and works.

I was going down the wrong path and would have ended up ordering a switch, installing a new one and wasting a ton of time. Back to playing now! Thank you Yelobird and Pinhead1982!!!

#15796 3 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Yelobird, that was it. I didn't put the spinner in all the way so it matched Pinhead1982's pictures. I needed to step it throug and now it's making better contact withthe switch and works.
I was going down the wrong path and would have ended up ordering a switch, installing a new one and wasting a ton of time. Back to playing now! Thank you Yelobird and Pinhead1982!!!

Congrats and Back to the Bat Cave!

#15797 3 years ago

So I decided to play only focusing on the alternate storylines for each villain. So for Cat Woman, I selected the one that is 3 parts (by holding right flipper, then changing adventure with left flipper).

Then I finished Cat Woman three times, and nothing happened.

Any idea what the point of this is???

#15798 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So I decided to play only focusing on the alternate storylines for each villain. So for Cat Woman, I selected the one that is 3 parts (by holding right flipper, then changing adventure with left flipper).
Then I finished Cat Woman three times, and nothing happened.
Any idea what the point of this is???

The point is to give you something different to play the second time through, rather than repeating the same storyline. Lyman made it select able from the beginning as a cool bonus to decide which one to start with and so people who may never get that far have a chance to see the other episodes. Most games would just have you repeat the same mode again after completing it and/or getting to the wizard mode.

#15799 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The point is to give you something different to play the second time through, rather than repeating the same storyline. Lyman made it select able from the beginning as a cool bonus to decide which one to start with and so people who may never get that far have a chance to see the other episodes. Most games would just have you repeat the same mode again after completing it and/or getting to the wizard mode.

I am not sure I understand what this means....??

#15800 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am not sure I understand what this means....??

Variety!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/316?hl=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.