IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 374.
#15701 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you leaving points off the board by doing this? Is this maybe a bug or intentional design?
Rob

It’s as designed...not a bug. I was just giving Royale-W-Cheese the easiest path to the three wizard modes...this is NOT for maximum points. I think what makes this pin so awesome is there are so many different ways to play! Many times I could care less about points and just try to complete tasks. Here are the rules explained in great detail...

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#15702 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hi BM Peeps,
So I turn on BM66 and after about 5 minutes I shoot the left ramp and when ball comes down to drop thru hole it starts to not drop instantly and get's worse as the game goes one. At one point it was like 2 full seconds before it fell thru. One my final shot I had to actually do a a little bump to get it to drop...ODD.
What you guys think would just start this all of a sudden? No I have not messed with the wire forms or messed with the plastics at all.
Thanks.
yelobird hurry up an with that mod....some of are bored...HAHA.

Check that the balls are not magnetised.
You can hit them with a hammer to de magnetise but it wont last long.
If they are then best to get a new set.

#15703 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Check that the balls are not magnetised.
You can hit them with a hammer to de magnetise but it wont last long.
If they are then best to get a new set.

Never thought of that.....I can always use some new balls....lol.

Who's the go to site nowadays for shiny balls..

Thanks.

#15704 3 years ago

What do you guys have your trough eject power set at?

#15705 3 years ago

Never thought of that.....I can always use some new balls....lol.
Who's the go to site nowadays for shiny balls..
Thanks.

I really like Ball Barron's pinballs and service

#15706 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Thanks for the info....will go order some.

#15707 3 years ago

Thanks for the info....will go order some.

Just don’t order Anything they offer as shiny. They Won’t work!

#15708 3 years ago

Thanks. I actually removed them recently to replace the cat plastic and the problem did not go away. No service errors. I'll do a little more digging and see what I can find.
Just wanted to see if this was common or not before spending a lot of time on it.

Quoted from thundergod76:

This is the first instance I've heard of this problem. I'd check the wires behind the LEDs and the board they plug into. Any service errors? Could be bad LEDs.

#15709 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As the group expert and all things guru....which ones would you get?? I see many sizes...damn newbie...soon I will graduate . LOL

#15710 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The Ninja balls that Ball Baron sells are very nice...unfortunately they are not recommended for games with magnets such as BM66 as they will eventually get magnetized and stick to each other. You need carbon steel balls for BM66 and those ones from Ball Baron are awful. The regular carbon steel balls that Marco sells are much nicer. Bottom line...only order Ninja balls from Ball Baron for games WITHOUT magnets. Just my two cents.

#15711 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is correct...shiny chrome balls will not work!

#15712 3 years ago

As the group expert and all things guru....which ones would you get?? I see many sizes...damn newbie...soon I will graduate . LOL

Not sure about sizes?? But I buy them from Marco as others have said. The Baron ones for me were magnets in a week. And for clarity they Do note that on their product so they are being honest.

#15713 3 years ago

2 words.
" HELL YES"
I struggle so hard and barely can crack 4 billion. I only got Batsui once. Crazy Hard.
What's your fav of the 3 once you complete all 3 seasons??

Gas Attack is my favorite followed closely by Holy Multiball and Batusi far behind those two.

A Grand wizard mode would be the icing on the cake! I would have got to it tonight, I had a game with 2 villain escapes and all three mini wizard modes

#15714 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I would have got to it tonight, I had a game with 2 villain escapes and all three mini wizard modes

"I'm going to practice harder from now on."

#15715 3 years ago

Ball Baron used to sell a Carbon Pinball in addition to the Ninja's that didn't get magnetized....are they no longer available??

Edit: Just checked, they still do, it's called Polaris....

#15716 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Gas Attack is my favorite followed closely by Holy Multiball and Batusi far behind those two.
A Grand wizard mode would be the icing on the cake! I would have got to it tonight, I had a game with 2 villain escapes and all three mini wizard modes

Wow.....what was your score? 50 Billion or more?

#15717 3 years ago

Wow.....what was your score? 50 Billion or more?

84 Bil -2 villain escapes (full path on all major villains, no early points) almost got a 3rd villain escape (I took shortcuts on points 3rd time around). All three minor villain wizard modes played. I got gas attack started while within villain escape when the 30 second 1 ball timer was frozen by Mr. Freeze ...pays off big.

F9030C1E-1345-42B6-B3C0-5D7C60C61383 (resized).jpegF9030C1E-1345-42B6-B3C0-5D7C60C61383 (resized).jpeg
#15718 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

84 Bil -2 villain escapes (full path on all major villains, no early points) almost got a 3rd villain escape (I took shortcuts on points 3rd time around). All three minor villain wizard modes played. I got gas attack started while within villain escape when the 30 second 1 ball timer was frozen by Mr. Freeze ...pays off big.[quoted image]

Good Lord! Being your initials aren't KME, I can only assume you are whatever species he is. Because you guys ain't human!

Amazing...nice work.

#15719 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

84 Bil -2 villain escapes (full path on all major villains, no early points) almost got a 3rd villain escape (I took shortcuts on points 3rd time around). All three minor villain wizard modes played. I got gas attack started while within villain escape when the 30 second 1 ball timer was frozen by Mr. Freeze ...pays off big.[quoted image]

Well Done....I need to play more. I see some nice mods.

That Riddler is a tricky one...any suggestions? I struggle for awhile and cant get it to snap in.

#15720 3 years ago

Well Done....I need to play more. I see some nice mods.
That Riddler is a tricky one...any suggestions? I struggle for awhile and cant get it to snap in.

Nothing special, just practice. Try to hit the left cat ramp, if you’re late, you got the riddler by accident ...helps get the feel. Seems like the same shot on each flipper, I struggle with the right side more than the left. Those two Riddler shots are essential.

#15721 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Man I cant even get through Bookworm once.... get close...then drain.....

Get Freeze first, stopping bookworm timer, which takes all the pressure off to capture Bookworm. That’s how I do it.

#15722 3 years ago

Someone please explain the gadgets and how to use them. How do you know what gadgets you have and what they will do?

#15723 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Someone please explain the gadgets and how to use them. How do you know what gadgets you have and what they will do?

I thought they are smart and hits the most important shot at the moment.

#15724 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Get Freeze first, stopping bookworm timer, which takes all the pressure off to capture Bookworm. That’s how I do it.

Gonna try this tonight....never thought season 2 before season one...guess it doesnt matter..DOH. Season 3 do you go for tut or egghead as well?

#15725 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I also use this same strategy.

#15726 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Gadgets are generic - that is, it's not like you get the batarang and the bat shark spray (although I would love to see named gadgets). If you look in the info screen (trap a ball and hold until the info comes up) you'll see a count how many you have. They are all equal.

While you are in a mode, using a gadget generally will complete a mode shot. If multiple mode shots are lit, the left most mode shot will be completed (in order of precedence: left orbit, left ramp, bat cave, right ramp, penguin, right orbit). There are some shots that are gadget proof - like most Egghead mode shots, hurry ups, and jackpot collects.

If you have multiple modes running, the gadget is applied to shots associated with the mode on the primary TV screen.

#15727 3 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

There are some shots that are gadget proof - like most Egghead mode shots, hurry ups, and jackpot collects.

Second season Mad Hatter (The Contaminated Cowl) is also gadget proof. They won't work on the pink shots that you need; they will, however, work on the white shots, and while you will get points, you will not advance.

#15728 3 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

There are some shots that are gadget proof - like most Egghead mode shots, hurry ups, and jackpot collects.

There were a lot of shots not working with gadgets, which was fixed in one of the last code updates. I agree that things like hurry ups and jackpot collects should be exempt of course. Although the cliffhangers can be collected by gadget with a setting change (default: no)

Quoted from Scotty_K:

Second season Mad Hatter (The Contaminated Cowl) is also gadget proof. They won't work on the pink shots that you need; they will, however, work on the white shots, and while you will get points, you will not advance.

I'll have to assume it's as intended since Lyman went through the gadget behavior with minor villain shots. I don't play MH much, but I think he has some of the best Villain music in the game.

Rob

#15729 3 years ago

Finally, finally, finally... joined the club!!

I had been looking for over a year, for a HUO within driving distance and in my price range.

Picked up a beautiful, modded out Premium from a fellow Pinsider today.

Let the good times roll!!

20200423_153523 (resized).jpg20200423_153523 (resized).jpg
#15730 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I had been looking for over a year, for a HUO within driving distance and in my price range.
Let the good times roll!! [quoted image]

bitmoji-20181220071102 (resized).pngbitmoji-20181220071102 (resized).png
#15732 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Let the good times roll!! [quoted image]

Awesome News.......as a MOD crazy guy I count 7 from that one picture...lol. Show us a few more pictures...

#15733 3 years ago

Okay another find....what are the 2 round metal looking items under the top of the left ramp/ I have mentioned it before about my ball gets stuck at the one spot. They look like they should pop up and maybe push the stuck ball but no go. The wiring is not the issue.

What are those for??

Thanks.

#15734 3 years ago

Okay another find....what are the 2 round metal looking items under the top of the left ramp/ I have mentioned it before about my ball gets stuck at the one spot. They look like they should pop up and maybe push the stuck ball but no go. The wiring is not the issue.
What are those for??
Thanks.

Ot sure what you mean. Can you take a pic?

#15735 3 years ago

What are those for??
Thanks.

I had balls getting hung up there too. I adjusted the zip tie that holds the CAT lights wire (I actually removed the old zip tie and installed a new one). Once I did that, balls stopped hanging up in there and roll out smoothly every time now.

B4602348-5A2B-4EE3-AE42-C08967480AC4 (resized).jpegB4602348-5A2B-4EE3-AE42-C08967480AC4 (resized).jpeg
#15736 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Ot sure what you mean. Can you take a pic?

EFADD9B7-7111-48EA-8DA1-02E349C3916C (resized).jpegEFADD9B7-7111-48EA-8DA1-02E349C3916C (resized).jpegF08894A1-D52F-4F4F-9336-10C79738C7EF (resized).jpegF08894A1-D52F-4F4F-9336-10C79738C7EF (resized).jpeg
#15737 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I had balls getting hung up there too. I adjusted the zip tie that holds the CAT lights wire (I actually removed the old zip tie and installed a new one). Once I did that, balls stopped hanging up in there and roll out smoothly every time now.[quoted image]

ahhhh....you took off the white factory one and did a new black one. I will do that now but what are those 2 circle metals things do?

#15738 3 years ago

ahhhh....you took off the white factory one and did a new black one. I will do that now but what are those 2 circle metals things do?

Yeah, I think it’s the wires that get in the way under there hanging balls up. Im not sure what those two circle metal things do. I don’t think they do anything. When there is a ball search and a ball is stuck under there, nothing pops it out, it’s stuck until you shake it out or grab it.

#15739 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Yeah, I think it’s the wires that get in the way under there hanging balls up. Im not sure what those two circle metal things do. I don’t think they do anything. When there is a ball search and a ball is stuck under there, nothing pops it out, it’s stuck until you shake it out or grab it.

That's correct...and happens when I am having a good game...fixing it now. TY.

#15740 3 years ago

That's correct...and happens when I am having a good game...fixing it now. TY.

Those are through mounts to hold the mech below. Your call but you could simply tighten the bottom side but which would draw these nubs Slightly deeper into the wood. Personally I would just move the cable and zip tie as others have done, make sure there is a correct slope to the table (6.8 ish) degrees and you would be fine.

#15741 3 years ago

Recently got a used Premium, loving it so far! I’ve noticed a good amount of ejects from the bat signal saucer get caught up on the lock diverter, kind of wedged between the controlled one-way gate and the nuts that fasten the lock diverter flap to the shaft. Usually a couple small shakes get it rolling down towards the pop bumpers, so it’s not a huge deal— just a little annoying.

Any suggestions? Anything missing here? My gut says there should probably be something covering the nuts on the diverter to prevent the ball from getting caught.

Also, as I’m writing this I’m thinking maybe the adhesive felt strip on the back of the lock diverter is part of the problem— doesn’t look like it came that way from the factory. I’m assuming it was added to protect the outer orbit guide from getting too beat-up?

28D005BA-4D18-415F-928D-DC76A89605D6 (resized).jpeg28D005BA-4D18-415F-928D-DC76A89605D6 (resized).jpeg94E1AB6E-73B2-455C-8876-FF4C0EC7E27D (resized).jpeg94E1AB6E-73B2-455C-8876-FF4C0EC7E27D (resized).jpeg
#15742 3 years ago

No felt strip on mine. Make sure you playfield has enough slope and I suspect you won’t have hang ups.

#15743 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No felt strip on mine. Make sure you playfield has enough slope and I suspect you won’t have hang ups.

I’ll give the slope another couple tenths of a degree and see if that helps. I’m at about 6.6 now, was trying to keep it close to the “suggested” slope until I really had to bump it up. Saw from searching the thread that folks seem to like the 6.7-6.8 range, so maybe it’s for the best.

Thanks!

#15744 3 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’ll give the slope another couple tenths of a degree and see if that helps. I’m at about 6.6 now, was trying to keep it close to the “suggested” slope until I really had to bump it up. Saw from searching the thread that folks seem to like the 6.7-6.8 range, so maybe it’s for the best.
Thanks!

Also, not sure where your game came from but that diverted is Not at all correct or factory! Someone monkey modified that along with the felt pad. There are Not supposed to be any screws Or nuts there plus I think it’s also on the wrong side which is why the ball is actually hanging up. I personally would order a new diverter arm. Hate when people Custom engineer repairs lol.

F3442776-AC12-4023-8269-511BAFBD740E (resized).jpegF3442776-AC12-4023-8269-511BAFBD740E (resized).jpeg
#15745 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Also, not sure where your game came from but that diverted is Not at all correct or factory! Someone monkey modified that along with the felt pad. There are Not supposed to be any screws Or nuts there plus I think it’s also on the wrong side which is why the ball is actually hanging up. I personally would order a new diverter arm. Hate when people Custom engineer repairs lol.[quoted image]

Good info! I reached out to Stern to see about replacing either the diverter shaft/paddle (510-7565-00) or the entire assembly if absolutely necessary (516-6891-00). Checked on PBL and Marco, didn't see it available.. Found a german website that had the whole assembly, but was a little pricey.

I've also got a riveter in the garage, so worst case scenario I'll try to pull this one apart, flip it around, and rivet it properly.

Thanks for the picture! Felt like something was off about mine, but didn't have a good way to confirm.

#15746 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those are through mounts to hold the mech below. Your call but you could simply tighten the bottom side but which would draw these nubs Slightly deeper into the wood. Personally I would just move the cable and zip tie as others have done, make sure there is a correct slope to the table (6.8 ish) degrees and you would be fine.

What a dummy am I? lol. I checked my PF and it's off....left and right was perfect. I was shocked at overall slope which was 6. I use Pinguy App.

Is that still the go to APP ??

Thanks for the help.

#15747 3 years ago

What a dummy am I? lol. I checked my PF and it's off....left and right was perfect. I was shocked at overall slope which was 6. I use Pinguy App.
Is that still the go to APP ??
Thanks for the help.

I use the PinGuy app for all games. You just need to make sure the phone level is calibrated and that if your using a case it sits flat. Good luck.

#15748 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I use the PinGuy app for all games. You just need to make sure the phone level is calibrated and that if your using a case it sits flat. Good luck.

Yes Sir, on it.

How's the mod coming?? Stuck at home really sucks...begging for a mod lol. We need a picture to cure our fix. PLEASE!!!!

Have a great day.

#15749 3 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Good info! I reached out to Stern to see about replacing either the diverter shaft/paddle (510-7565-00) or the entire assembly if absolutely necessary (516-6891-00). Checked on PBL and Marco, didn't see it available.. Found a german website that had the whole assembly, but was a little pricey.
I've also got a riveter in the garage, so worst case scenario I'll try to pull this one apart, flip it around, and rivet it properly.
Thanks for the picture! Felt like something was off about mine, but didn't have a good way to confirm.

Looks like you have the main parts there so a Correct repair with rivets (ace hardware) will have you back in no time. Tip for future, when in doubt if something seems off simply go to the top of the club page and select “image gallery”. Many helpful owners have uploaded Hundreds of pictures of virtually Every inch of this game. Always a great reference source for verification. Good luck!

#15750 3 years ago

Just picked up my BM66 yesterday and already had to tweak it a bit.

IMO, Batgirl looks so much better on the backbox rather than a duplicate side cabinet pose from Robin.

(The thin white border around Batgirl is from the backing of the decal. I just temporarily adhered to see how it will look. )
20200424_145231 (resized).jpg20200424_145231 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/315?hl=izzy24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.