Topic Stats

• 14,614 posts
  • 547 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Budman
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,163 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20191013-WA0034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191013_184145 (resized).jpg
BA97A0F8-107D-4077-B3DF-98CD6827EF76 (resized).jpeg
CB6F95C0-4BAF-4A09-BD55-A26D728BB77A (resized).jpeg
37C12AEF-440E-4127-B25A-9220071DEBBA (resized).jpeg
30339673-5806-4FEA-AA6A-BAFBC579FE9D (resized).jpeg
20191006_153609922_iOS (resized).jpg
20175E4A-6449-45AB-8077-2DFC194618A5 (resized).jpeg
6D8EF379-11FC-4DB8-A72C-DF6691EA4F2E (resized).jpeg
3E4CA27E-CE4F-4BF0-A25B-33C12E89C4E8 (resized).jpeg
AE5EB170-C0A3-482E-AD5A-6A2465812D12 (resized).jpeg
FF00B1F8-789F-4ACE-B754-1B32C991BF35 (resized).jpeg
3AC42BAD-DC26-48C4-8A2D-781E06576AD5 (resized).jpeg
C3A04D9E-3B23-4F8F-A5A1-6CF3054795E9 (resized).jpeg
44CB95D6-EAC9-44FB-80EE-BCE17F893BF4 (resized).jpeg
020B3070-E15C-4851-902D-9C5870B937DB (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14614 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 293.
#1501 2 years ago

This might Not be the bad-ass mod everyone must have but I think it fills in the plain black plates where the speakers are nicely at least until Stern has something for sale on their site. Found these on Amazon. They are basically plug-n-play. just magnets.

Link is below...takes a week or two to arrive, not prime.

amazon.com link »

IMG_0223 (resized).JPG
IMG_0224 (resized).JPG
IMG_0228 (resized).JPG

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

With the phone that size, you should find a Shakespeare bust to put next to it, or even a desk for the whole thing.

Uh, did you look at the pictures? The bust is right there! LOL!

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

This might Not be the bad-ass mod everyone must have but I think it fills in the plain black plates where the speakers are nicely at least until Stern has something for sale on their site. Found these on Amazon. They are basically plug-n-play. just magnets.
amazon.com link »

Looks cheap and kinda silly, however I gave you a thumbs up because you just gave me a killer idea for a speaker grill mod!!

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

With the phone that size, you should find a Shakespeare bust to put next to it, or even a desk for the whole thing.

Way ahead of ya, take a closer look at the pic.

I made a mock-up of how the bat poles behind the phone would look and decided to scrap that idea. To make them look right proportionally they would be kinda tall and then be seen from behind when the turntable was in the bat cave position. I also made a desk decal but it jut didn't look like a desk enough and decided it looked better without it.

Now about those empty plain looking speaker grills on the LE and premium games. Whose got some ideas there?

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks cheap and kinda silly, however I gave you a thumbs up because you just gave me a killer idea for a speaker grill mod!!

Yeah I've been brainstorming the speaker grills since day one. Want to powder coat them along with door but not 100% sure on colors. To each their own, rlslick, I'm not a fan of the magnets either, I think the white background/borders kill it for me

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Uh, did you look at the pictures? The bust is right there! LOL!

LMAO. See it IS a good idea.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to see how it looked if I replaced it with the red translucent phone that comes with this batman action figure kit.

Great ideas! I ordered the same kit last week and will do your mod. Looks much better!
I was wondering where I could also put the batcomputer of this kit. It could look good by adding blinking leds in it...

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Looks great. Would like one of these for mine. (when it gets here)

I'll make it available. I'll actually make a cpl options available. Including "Holy Seizure Warning Batman!"

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Now about those empty plain looking speaker grills on the LE and premium games. Whose got some ideas there?

Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah I've been brainstorming the speaker grills since day one. Want to powder coat them along with door but not 100% sure on colors. To each their own, rlslick, I'm not a fan of the magnets either, I think the white background/borders kill it for me

rlslick magnets are not to my taste but I think he is onto something!

Having various fight text words BIFF, BAM, WHACK, POW etc behind the grills light up and flash (say for now when the pops fire as the plastics there have fight text and I imagine the LCD will show that to) would be pretty cool.

Or another idea I had was a custom panel cover powder coated to march the existing LE black flake armour with the batmobil headlights in the position of the speaker grills - with the topper in place it would make the backbox look like the front end of the batmobile.

Couple good ideas thanks to rlslick, so well worth the thumbs up for his initial concept!

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you! I agree, it's silly and not something I normally tag my games with nor would post on Pinside knowing it would receive or deserve some thumbs down! Hopefully we see someone sell something for these panels...Thought Stern did a nice job with the SLE's.

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Thank you! I agree, it's silly and not something I normally tag my games with nor would post on Pinside knowing it would receive or deserve some thumbs down! Hopefully we see someone sell something for these panels...Thought Stern did a nice job with the SLE's.

I agreed the SLE speaker panel is nice. I think I'd like to see something like that except replace the SLE bat logo style with one that looks like the one on the batmobile door. That with some backlit speakers similar to the SLE would be nice.

batdoor (resized).jpg

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I agreed the SLE speaker panel is nice. I think I'd like to see something like that except replace the SLE bat logo style with one that looks like the one on the batmobile door. That with some backlit speakers similar to the SLE would be nice.

That's exactly my plan once my LE arrives to use the Batmobile bat symbol for a lockdown mod and possibly speaker panels unless i go with fight text (POW, WHAM, BIFF etc) for my speaker panels.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's exactly my plan once my LE arrives to use the Batmobile bat symbol for a lockdown mod and possibly speaker panels unless i go with fight text (POW, WHAM, BIFF etc) for my speaker panels.

"Fight Text" haha very nice. You've coined a solid explanatory term for the concept. I plan to use it from here on out! Bravo!

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

"Fight Text" haha very nice. You've coined a solid explanatory term for the concept. I plan to use it from here on out! Bravo!

I second that!

#1515 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Quoted from taz:

I second that!

Haha thanks guys.

I just think it will look great behind the speaker panels every time the pops fire or maybe other switches like all 4 villain shots, to have BIFF, POW, WHAM (aka fight text ) flashing up with RGB leds behind them so they are always a random colour just look cool and fit the theme perfectly.

That's definitely my fall back plan if a batmobile speaker grilll proves too much work or just doesn't look as good in reality as it does in my head

#1516 2 years ago

Ok I am set to have my LE tomorrow, anyone care to share a summary list of "quick fixes" or checks that should be done before playing(i.e - I remember a couple ways of securing the left trail to not have as many airballs, batmobile screws, etc.)?

Seems like there has been so many, couldn't keep up with them all hidden between everyone's 80 opinions on every little thing.

#1517 2 years ago

About those bare speaker grills, I think the ones on this game look decent and would assume it could be done easily on all models -

1476730789876 (resized).jpeg

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ok I am set to have my LE tomorrow, anyone care to share a summary list of "quick fixes" or checks that should be done before playing(i.e - I remember a couple ways of securing the left trail to not have as many airballs, batmobile screws, etc.)?
Seems like there has been so many, couldn't keep up with them all hidden between everyone's 80 opinions on every little thing.

Have a look back at post #1422

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

amazon.com link »

Holy speaker BatPatch!

Hows it look?

IMG_1997 (resized).JPG

IMG_1998 (resized).JPG

IMG_1999 (resized).JPG

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

About those bare speaker grills, I think the ones on this game look decent and would assume it could be done easily on all models -

yeah shouldn't be too hard to replicate, I plan on trying a few things with my speaker grills one is a copy of the SLE grills but with the batmobile bat symbol instead of batmans chest bat symbol.

#1521 2 years ago

Has anyone installed one of these shooter rods yet? The bat symbol one looks good. Any pics of it installed?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1057-super-skill-shot-shop/00601-batman-custom-shooter-mod

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Holy speaker BatPatch!
Hows it look?

Better from far away

#1523 2 years ago

I was just watching the latest video on Facebook. Did Stern put a new left ramp plastic on?

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was just watching the latest video on Facebook. Did Stern put a new left ramp plastic on?

Looks like it.

rps20170208_001517 (resized).jpg

#1525 2 years ago

Nice catch. Does it Look like it extends further aroun? And it's thicker. Mine doesn't need to go that far around. Must have to be supported somewhere else.

#1526 2 years ago

That new one looks like it extends way farther around. I'd guess maybe 3 inches longer.

#1527 2 years ago

They should've just done what I did. Use a thicker plastic and slightly longer screws.

That new plastic extends a lot further. It gets right in the way of Batman & Robin climbing up the wall.

#1528 2 years ago

So a newer airball guard and new mounting method for batmobile onto spinner plastic so far that we've caught.

#1529 2 years ago

At the 10:25 mark, it is clear how the new plastic is mounted. They put a hex spacer on top of the gate in the rear.

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

So a newer airball guard and new mounting method for batmobile onto spinner plastic so far that we've caught.

So do you think Stern will send us all the new ramp guards?

#1531 2 years ago

link to video?

#1532 2 years ago

I won't put that bigger plastic on my machine.

I cut a piece of Lexan that was just a little bit thicker than the plastic that comes with the game. It works perfectly.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Holy speaker BatPatch!
Hows it look?

I was wanting to ask....why the dark area in the top right side of each speaker? Pinball Pro "light kit"? That's just my guess, as their lights don't go all the way around and their unlit area being in one of the speaker corners would be where they would land with the new diamond speaker orientation. Other, lesser light kits, also have this issue of the light strips not going all the way around them (there's a hack in Germany that sells them with only a light strip on one side), but seeing the LEDs in a ring shape and fairly visible all the way around the speaker hole also points to Pinball Pro...or a DIY project using after market speakers with spacer rings attached to the front of them (which is how Pinball Pro does it).

My quick and easy suggestion for you would be to rotate the speakers so the dark areas are symmetrical. Ex: Both unlit corners being either both on the inside or outside of the game and both in the same high or low position. My pick would be the dark areas in the bottom inside (but I don't really know why I pick that area). SEE MOCK UP PICTURE, but I really think having them both either inward or outward would balance them out a bit.

For those interested....a better SPIKE2 Speaker Light Kit solution is on the way. I mean it took over 14 years for someone to think up the idea and design for the Whitestar / SAM RGB speaker light kits (and then it was only a couple of months after that before others started copying the design and / or idea). So I hope people can at least give the SPIKE2 kits a few months while ideas are being thought up, worked out, tested and improved on.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original Pinball Speaker Light Kit)

touch up (resized).jpg

#1534 2 years ago

First draft of my cat woman ramp decals.

IMG_0813.JPG

#1536 2 years ago

Came up with a simple but effective solution to the dark/unlit targets under the bat phone that looks stock and even flashes with the phone light:

Just used the LED off a normal bayonet LED, and soldered it to the LED under the phone. Then used double sided tape to stick the LED to the front bottom of the phone which hangs just over the lip of the plastic.

Trickiest part is getting to the phone and unscrewing it from underneath. With the phone position towards the front, just undo the turntable parts starting at the top until you get to the phone then undo all the screws holding the plastic. Then lift up the plastic and unscrew the phone from the bottom.

White looks great but could possibly use a red LED also.

Now to work out lighting for the TV targets - a bit trickier, but got an idea.

IMG_6986 (resized).JPG
IMG_6992 (resized).JPG
IMG_6994 (resized).JPG

#1537 2 years ago

And here's the one for the TV targets:

IMG_7014 (resized).JPG
IMG_7015 (resized).JPG

Might change it to a warmer white when I get a chance.

Was a bit fiddly to fit, but not too technical. Made up an LED, attached to a long wire which I fed through the turntable (followed the Cat5 cable that connects the monitor). Then fed it through the flexible cable mesh and tube that connects the turntable to the playfield. Then soldered it to a gi bracket. Because it's on the GI This doesn't flash like the phone which is perfect.

If you wanted the phone light to be always on like this, you could do the same setup for it.

#1538 2 years ago

Here's some pics. Out of order bit Pinside mucks them up. If anyone wants some more details let me know:
IMG_6996 (resized).JPG
IMG_6995 (resized).JPG

IMG_6998 (resized).JPG

IMG_6999 (resized).JPG
IMG_7002 (resized).JPG
IMG_7003 (resized).JPG
IMG_7004 (resized).JPG
IMG_7009 (resized).JPG
IMG_7005 (resized).JPG

IMG_7006 (resized).JPG
IMG_7008 (resized).JPG
IMG_7009 (resized).JPG

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here's some pics. Out of order bit Pinside mucks them up. If anyone wants some more details let me know:

Really like the creativeness man! Gotta say though I didn't really see it as a huge issue(s). But certainly looks better with what you've done. Great detail pics too. I may try it. Wonder if a color besides white could be better,maybe purple or ice blue

#1540 2 years ago

Nice work Cooked71. Looks good!

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Really like the creativeness man! Gotta say though I didn't really see it as a huge issue(s). But certainly looks better with what you've done. Great detail pics too. I may try it. Wonder if a color besides white could be better,maybe purple or ice blue

It really lifts it. Maybe not so obvious in the pics, but I found those targets to be so dull and dark. This gives it a bit of life.

Will definitely try some other colours. Got an idea for the TV to use an ordinary globe socket making it easier to change.

#1542 2 years ago

Is it code Tuesday yet?????

#1543 2 years ago

Finally got my Utility Belt print framed exactly like the Batmobile one from my earlier post here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=mt45#post-3581087

Used same frame but an orange mat for this one instead of purple for Batmobile. Was hard decision as the orange blends with top portion of print but dark blue was worse and the yellow that Hobby Lobby had on hand was not bright enough. Both are getting hung in my office this weekend

20170209_220448 (resized).jpg

#1544 2 years ago

Received the Franchi artwork. Really want to play this pin!

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hope mine comes tomorrow ... Batgirl, The Movie and the Villains. ... need more walls

Wishing you speedy progress on your repair

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was wanting to ask....why the dark area in the top right side of each speaker? Pinball Pro "light kit"? That's just my guess, as their lights don't go all the way around and their unlit area being in one of the speaker corners would be where they would land with the new diamond speaker orientation. Other, lesser light kits, also have this issue of the light strips not going all the way around them (there's a hack in Germany that sells them with only a light strip on one side), but seeing the LEDs in a ring shape and fairly visible all the way around the speaker hole also points to Pinball Pro...or a DIY project using after market speakers with spacer rings attached to the front of them (which is how Pinball Pro does it).
My quick and easy suggestion for you would be to rotate the speakers so the dark areas are symmetrical. Ex: Both unlit corners being either both on the inside or outside of the game and both in the same high or low position. My pick would be the dark areas in the bottom inside (but I don't really know why I pick that area). SEE MOCK UP PICTURE, but I really think having them both either inward or outward would balance them out a bit.
For those interested....a better SPIKE2 Speaker Light Kit solution is on the way. I mean it took over 14 years for someone to think up the idea and design for the Whitestar / SAM RGB speaker light kits (and then it was only a couple of months after that before others started copying the design and / or idea). So I hope people can at least give the SPIKE2 kits a few months while ideas are being thought up, worked out, tested and improved on.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original Pinball Speaker Light Kit)

Yes pinballpro speakers. Good idea to rotate them. Ill try your speaker kits.

#1547 2 years ago

Has anyone had any problems with the ball bouncing out of the riddler eject hole before it can register? I've fine tuned everything else but this one is giving me problems. Has anyone found a fix for this?

#1548 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

got mine too....machine leaves the office next week to it's permanent home in the lineup......anxious for you too, Ice!!!! hopefully soon!!!

#1549 2 years ago

yep just dropped off the Franchi "Villains" print today to get framed. Its stunning and will look great next to the pin

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Has anyone had any problems with the ball bouncing out of the riddler eject hole before it can register? I've fine tuned everything else but this one is giving me problems. Has anyone found a fix for this?

+1

It is the same set up acdc uses. Maybe some acdc owners can chime in on this issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
There are 14614 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 293.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside