IMG_1269 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211123_220135 (resized).jpg
DA7D126D-A9D6-4DCD-82F3-142F21950475 (resized).jpeg
6D4686BF-57B7-4582-960F-600F9B4E4139 (resized).jpeg
83580400-960F-4146-A626-01EC085E8D4B (resized).jpeg
C0121EF9-4399-4458-AC24-54624B2EC413 (resized).jpeg
61330327 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 305 of 341.
#15201 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

There is a little pcb that the wires from the targets plug into.
On the working (original bm66) mini playfield, there is one brown wire, and one brown/black wire.
The brown is for the joker targets, the brown/black is for an internal target on the playfield.
On my non functioning right joker target playfield(catwoman version), there are 3 wires entering that same pcb.
One brown/black for the internal target on the playfield, and the other two I assume is from the joker targets. I am not sure why this is different, but it appears to either be a mistake, or that the intent was to have separate inputs for the two joker targets.[quoted image][quoted image]

This mech is complicated at the best of times, I found out recently while adding the @modcouple batphone replacement and atomic pile mods that my turntable was wired up differently to another one here in the U.K. everything worked correctly in test and was wired up correctly but the connectors and wires themselves where different. Where his batphone was yellow/blue/yellow into a molex mine was brown/blue.

Both LEs where made at the same time, hell likely made together as they where replacement playfields at the time specifically put on the line for us.

At this point TronGuy I’d get Stern to send you either a full replacement populated playfield you can swap in to your game or an entirely new turntable mech, personally I’d go for the entire playfield much easier to unplug the two cables and pull playfield.

#15202 1 year ago

TronGuy sent you a pm dude.

#15203 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

This mech is complicated at the best of times, I found out recently while adding the @modcouple batphone replacement and atomic pile mods that my turntable was wired up differently to another one here in the U.K. everything worked correctly in test and was wired up correctly but the connectors and wires themselves where different. Where his batphone was yellow/blue/yellow into a molex mine was brown/blue.
Both LEs where made at the same time, hell likely made together as they where replacement playfields at the time specifically put on the line for us.
At this point tronguy I’d get Stern to send you either a full replacement populated playfield you can swap in to your game or an entirely new turntable mech, personally I’d go for the entire playfield much easier to unplug the two cables and pull playfield.

I’ve been at this for over 6 months, and had 2 mini playfields sent. Both sucked worse than my current one.
Additionally, I have changed out the rubbers, metal computer rear shield mods, atomic pile, 5 times now between the different mini playfields. I’m SICK of doing that.

Somehow I managed to get my meter leads in there for testing. One joker target is one of the wires in the molex, the other joker target is the other wire in the molex (pictured with the extra wire previously). They do NOT have continuity with each other.

Here is another pair of pics , one shows two wires coming out of the right joker target (hence continuity between the two joker targets), the other pic does not have the two wires coming out. Meaning they are NOT wired together and hence the bottom line root of my right joker target problem. (Catwoman miniplayfield)

16D3EF92-6BB2-4B4E-B024-E8AB0F61F59F (resized).jpeg14F2F827-D5F5-44C0-B97E-B4789F7DF4EA (resized).jpeg
#15204 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I’ve been at this for over 6 months, and had 2 mini playfields sent. Both sucked worse than my current one.
Additionally, I have changed out the rubbers, metal computer rear shield mods, atomic pile, 5 times now between the different mini playfields. I’m SICK of doing that.
Somehow I managed to get my meter leads in there for testing. One joker target is one of the wires in the molex, the other joker target is the other wire in the molex (pictured with the extra wire previously). They do NOT have continuity with each other.
Here is another pair of pics , one shows two wires coming out of the right joker target (hence continuity between the two joker targets), the other pic does not have the two wires coming out. Meaning they are NOT wired together and hence the bottom line root of my right joker target problem. (Catwoman miniplayfield)[quoted image][quoted image]

On early BM66 games each joker target had its own switch, on later models (most definitely Catwoman editions as they where last on line) the joker targets where swapped out to a single switch set up.

I can’t see how it’s possible as it would surely register “something” but I wonder if your getting sent out original 2 switched mini playfields and your playfield being a Catwoman is only wired looking for one switch/harness from the turntable, i doubt even stern know as I said above my playfield was wired up completely differently to another I know was on the line at the same time!

#15205 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

On early BM66 games each joker target had its own switch, on later models (most definitely Catwoman editions as they where last on line) the joker targets where swapped out to a single switch set up.
I can’t see how it’s possible as it would surely register “something” but I wonder if your getting sent out original 2 switched mini playfields and your playfield being a Catwoman is only wired looking for one switch/harness from the turntable, i doubt even stern know as I said above my playfield was wired up completely differently to another I know was on the line at the same time!

Well my catwoman mini playfield has 2 separate wires for the joker targets entering different positions on what I now have identified as node board 10.

Looking in the manual, I am seeing what I already spent the last few hours figuring out. Only pin 3 at CN12 should be used for the joker targets. Mine is using pin 3 and 4. That must be why when I jumpered them together earlier neither worked. It got confused.

I think.....logically, I should be able to just cut that wire at position 4 on CN12 on node board 10, and then jumper the two joker targets together and be in business once and for all. If my logic is flawed, by all means speak up.

11FC2E84-45D4-4025-B52E-F91475ECD7AE (resized).jpeg
#15206 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I think.....logically, I should be able to just cut that wire at position 4 on CN12 on node board 10

Before cutting any wire, do you have alligator clips? If so use a pin and back out the mole x pin on CN4 from the plug, then use two alligator clips on a wire attach one to the mole x pin from CN4 and the other joker and tighten it down closed hard it should bite into wire to make contact and then test it. This was if your theory is right you then can make permanent changes. Might be a little more time & work but it will save headaches if it shouldn't be that way.

#15207 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Before cutting any wire, do you have alligator clips? If so use a pin and back out the mole x pin on CN4 from the plug, then use two alligator clips on a wire attach one to the mole x pin from CN4 and the other on the wire itself at CN3 and tighten it down closed hard it should bite into the wire to make contact and then test it. This was if your theory is right you then can make permanent changes. Might be a little more time & work but it will save headaches if it shouldn't be that way.

I can't figure out how to get that molex, unplugged from its position. (CN12 we are both talking about correct? positions 3 and 4)?

#15208 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I can't figure out how to get that molex, unplugged from its position. (CN12 we are both talking about correct? positions 3 and 4)?

Yeah I fixed my original statement lol after I just read it again. The mole x pins are held in place where the mole xpin as a tit on it that rises into the plug that you can see on one side of it. You should see the tine metal are, use some sharp and small, pin xacto etc and press the metal are downward into the plug and gently pull the outwards from the plug. Then use an alligator jumper from that wire to the other joker plug wire and clamp the alligator onto the wire and make snug it with a pliers so it makes it bite enough for contact.

#15209 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yeah I fixed my original statement lol after I just read it again. The mole x pins are held in place where the mole xpin as a tit on it that rises into the plug that you can see on one side of it. You should see the tine metal are, use some sharp and small, pin xacto etc and press the metal are downward into the plug and gently pull the outwards from the plug. Then use an alligator jumper from that wire to the other joker plug wire and clamp the alligator onto the wire and make snug it with a pliers so it makes it bite enough for contact.

Nobody on the planet can do any of that without disassembling the entire mini playfield. I am either going to cut the wire, or drive to stern with the pin, and I will physically make someone eat this pinball machine.

#15210 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

My BM66 was made in October 2018 and it still has separate joker targets. I think it was perhaps a production mistake rather than intentional change because it happened near the end of the run. I don't see any advantage to wiring both switches together over having separate switch lines.

Rob

#15211 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My BM66 was made in October 2018 and it still has separate joker targets. I think it was perhaps a production mistake rather than intentional change because it happened near the end of the run. I don't see any advantage to wiring both switches together over having separate switch lines.
Rob

Well aside from them them actually fucking working. That would be a nice advantage.

#15212 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Well aside from them them actually fucking working. That would be a nice advantage.

Heres some pictures from mine if its any help.
The three switches in that area connect to three connections on CN12 on mine.
Blk/Yel go to all three.
If you can handle the hassle to rewire the two front joker ones individually it may sort the problem out.
There could be a slip up in the new code not taking into account to all the older wiring
CN12 (resized).JPGthree switches (resized).JPG

#15213 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

From what I remember Stern wired both targets together as a fix of sorts for the stuck target issue, if one target got stuck mid game, no problem just hit on the other.

#15214 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I have been following this thread as I also own a Catwoman edition. If my memory serves me correctly, aren’t you also the same person that had the ball lock gate come loose soon after you got it and gouge the playfield? If so, no one should have to deal with the amount of issues you have had on a brand new pin and I feel you are definitely entitled to a new populated playfield to drop in and finally start enjoying the game as it is fantastic! Sorry you are going thru all of this.

#15215 1 year ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I have been following this thread as I also own a Catwoman edition. If my memory serves me correctly, aren’t you also the same person that had the ball lock gate come loose soon after you got it and gouge the playfield? If so, no one should have to deal with the amount of issues you have had on a brand new pin and I feel you are definitely entitled to a new populated playfield to drop in and finally start enjoying the game as it is fantastic! Sorry you are going thru all of this.

100% agree! In fact I think an entire new machine should be swapped out at this point. But this is Stern and just wishful thinking.

#15216 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Heres some pictures from mine if its any help.
The three switches in that area connect to three connections on CN12 on mine.
Blk/Yel go to all three.
If you can handle the hassle to rewire the two front joker ones individually it may sort the problem out.
There could be a slip up in the new code not taking into account to all the older wiring
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for taking the pics. Black/yellow is the ground going to all 3 targets. The problem is actually that the joker targets are wired individually, instead of together.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Yeah that was awesome! Plus the chunk of art missing next to the penguin scoop, right out of the box. The cliffy mostly covered it.

#15217 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Thanks for taking the pics. Black/yellow is the ground going to all 3 targets. The problem is actually that the joker targets are wired individually, instead of together.

Yeah that was awesome! Plus the chunk of art missing next to the penguin scoop, right out of the box. The cliffy mostly covered it.

Looking at at your pictures you have two tan wires on one of the leaf switches which I dont have.
This suggests you have a loop through and only one wire tan is connected to both switches.
This would cock things up if you had a duff switch.

I have a tan wire per joker switch going to pins 3 and 4 of CN12

I suggest you separate the tan wires and connect each to their own inputs on CN12

#15218 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Looking at at your pictures you have two tan wires on one of the leaf switches which I dont have.
This suggests you have a loop through and only one wire tan is connected to both switches.
This would cock things up if you had a duff switch.
I have a tan wire per joker switch going to pins 3 and 4 of CN12
I suggest you separate the tan wires and connect each to their own inputs on CN12

My machine has a tan wire coming from each joker target, one going to position 3 and a separate tan wire going to position 4 on CN12. My machine doesn't work.

The other spinning playfield (which actually works), ties the 2 joker targets together and ONLY enters CN12 at position 3. Exactly how the manual describes that it should be .

#15219 1 year ago

Newbie dumb question.

I got my batman and loving it. Why doesn't the spinner retract? It's pretty tight against the metal.

What's the best way to fix this and stop the ball from keep rolling back down.

Thanks guys.
spinner (resized).jpg

#15220 1 year ago

Closed

#15221 1 year ago

I can't seem to find the music and speech attenuation adjustments in the menu system, is that still an option with the spike 2 games?

What seems to be the best settings for folks if it's still there and I'm missing it?

#15222 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I made another Catwomen mod (and some others) this afternoon during the game. (This Catwomen is for Mike in San Diego). Planning to make more this week.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome pieces. I want them!!!

#15223 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Sorry for the back to back posts.. Part of my trade I got two great banners. I have a cat women one that I dont need as I am using the other.
Any idea on what it's worth? maybe do a trade for something or am I SOL!!. HAHA[quoted image]

The game specific banners can be found for $175-$225 from a number of sources. They should be significantly less if you can get them directly from Stern marketing.

#15224 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The game specific banners can be found for $175-$225 from a number of sources. They should be significantly less if you can get them directly from Stern marketing.

Does Stern sell them to people? It would be cool to have but not worth $200.

#15225 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for the response.

I found a few , one on ebay at $240 and last one sold on pinside for $230

Have a great day all.

#15226 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does Stern sell them to people? It would be cool to have but not worth $200.

Stern sells them for Stern Army promotions which I presume is how the resellers get them. I’m not aware of any way to order them as an individual outside of the Stern Army program.

#15227 1 year ago

Thanks for the response.
I found a few , one on ebay at $240 and last one sold on pinside for $230
Have a great day all.

I’ve noticed that guy puts them as sold but then they are still up on eBay. Hope you get it but I think he makes it look like they sell and they don’t. I’ve seen him also have them on Facebook after saying it’s sold. Maybe he has a duplicates but on Pinside you can anything sold for whatever you want. Tough to validate real sales.

#15228 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ve noticed that guy puts them as sold but then they are still up on eBay. Hope you get it but I think he makes it look like they sell and they don’t. I’ve seen him also have them on Facebook after saying it’s sold. Maybe he has a duplicates but on Pinside you can anything sold for whatever you want. Tough to validate real sales.

Agreed. These are not sold by Stern they simply allowed some sellers to make them. The cost less then 100.

#15229 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. These are not sold by Stern they simply allowed some sellers to make them. The cost less then 100.

Sellers make them? I thought these came from Stern you have me intrigued now Dave...

#15230 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I find it hard to believe that Stern just allows people to make them on their own. With the game specific ones there would have to be licensing issues for the characters/art. (Agree on less than $100 for cost, whoever makes them).

#15231 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

My machine has a tan wire coming from each joker target, one going to position 3 and a separate tan wire going to position 4 on CN12. My machine doesn't work.
The other spinning playfield (which actually works), ties the 2 joker targets together and ONLY enters CN12 at position 3. Exactly how the manual describes that it should be .

So why have you not changed to to the same wiring combination as your working one?

#15232 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

So why have you not changed to to the same wiring combination as your working one?

Do both of your targets work? You appear to have the same wiring as I do.

#15233 1 year ago

Had a really fun game tonight. Got through the first mini wizard mode, villain escape, and was about to get on my second when I ran into an issue. The turntable got stuck with the batphone waiting to be answered but the phone was over to the right unable to be shot... The joker targets were just left of center and were still registering hits. It didn't correct itself until the ball drained ( had freeze and bookworm both beat). Anyways, ended things at 9 billion which is my 3rd highest score. Such a good game.

#15234 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Had a really fun game tonight. Got through the first mini wizard mode, villain escape, and was about to get on my second when I ran into an issue. The turntable got stuck with the batphone waiting to be answered but the phone was over to the right unable to be shot... The joker targets were just left of center and were still registering hits. It didn't correct itself until the ball drained ( had freeze and bookworm both beat). Anyways, ended things at 9 billion which is my 3rd highest score. Such a good game.

Holy Smokes that's a huge score. I got to 800 MIL so far in my first day of ownership.

#15235 1 year ago

Holy Smokes that's a huge score. I got to 800 MIL so far in my first day of ownership.

Focus on hitting the TV targets and then starting a minor villain is my advice. Try to always have one running. I like to get freeze done first and then try bookworm. I always seem to time out trying to finish bookworm early in the game when I haven't earned many gadgets yet. Freeze is not that hard to beat (at least on my game). Also if you have multiple modes running you can hold the gadget button for a short second and it will switch which mode/villain is on the main channel and show the corresponding shots on the playfield. Sorry if I am telling you anything you already know, just figured I would mention these tips.

#15236 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Focus on hitting the TV targets and then starting a minor villain is my advice. Try to always have one running. I like to get freeze done first and then try bookworm. I always seem to time out trying to finish bookworm early in the game when I haven't earned many gadgets yet. Freeze is not that hard to beat (at least on my game). Also if you have multiple modes running you can hold the gadget button for a short second and it will switch which mode/villain is on the main channel and show the corresponding shots on the playfield. Sorry if I am telling you anything you already know, just figured I would mention these tips.

Thanks so much, I know nothing.. Is there a pdf somewhere with all the rules?

I am going to try this in 30 mins after the whiskey kicks in from modding all day. LOL.

#15237 1 year ago

Thanks so much, I know nothing.. Is there a pdf somewhere with all the rules?
I am going to try this in 30 mins after the whiskey kicks in from modding all day. LOL.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/259#post-4931732

This will help a ton with minor villains.

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

This is the overall rulesheet.

This game gets bonkers when you get multiple things going at once. Great lightshow, music, and screen usage.

#15238 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/259#post-4931732
This will help a ton with minor villains.
http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463
This is the overall rulesheet.
This game gets bonkers when you get multiple things going at once. Great lightshow, music, and screen usage.

Thank you very much.

#15239 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Do both of your targets work? You appear to have the same wiring as I do.

Yep both work.
In the service show up as Joker target 1 & 2, SW9 and SW10

Have you done a switch test?

#15240 1 year ago

Sorry for the back to back posts.. Part of my trade I got two great banners. I have a cat women one that I dont need as I am using the other.
Any idea on what it's worth? maybe do a trade for something or am I SOL!!. HAHA[quoted image]

They go for between $200-$250, unless you know someone.

#15241 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Yep both work.
In the service show up as Joker target 1 & 2, SW9 and SW10
Have you done a switch test?

For the last 6 months, yes.

#15242 1 year ago

Hi All,

Cant seem to find a decent deal on Batman Figure. Anyone know a good seller not charging $85-$100 . CRAZY!!!

Thanks.

#15243 1 year ago

Messing around with some characters.. decided not to glue them,or screw them in from bottom up into feet. Gorilla tape is my friend for now.

I like the cars, Penguin Mobile and Joker Mobile. Batman is the last one for now..LOL. No news on Penguin or Cat-Women with the Jewel.

Now time to play a break 1 Billion.

batgirl (resized).JPGcars (resized).JPGfull (resized).JPGjoker (resized).JPGrobin (resized).JPG
#15244 1 year ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

For the last 6 months, yes.

So did it stop working since the last firmware update?

I would test the connector that the switch are crimped to and see if they work ok.
If needed make an extention so that you can test easier.
If the switches work Ok then you have a Node 10 pcb fault.

#15245 1 year ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

So did it stop working since the last firmware update?
I would test the connector that the switch are crimped to and see if they work ok.
If needed make an extention so that you can test easier.
If the switches work Ok then you have a Node 10 pcb fault.

The right joker target NEVER worked, from day 1.

I have been through 2 different spinning play fields, changed between the 3 of them multiple times, moving rubbers each time, computer shields (mod), etc.

I received a new set of joker targets from stern 2 days ago. I immediately installed the new right joker target.

Still doesn't work, so now I try to actually poke around in side the mini playfield (as difficult as that is).

Bottom line, as I have outlined,
The left joker target works
The right joker target does NOT.

The ground wires have continuity between them and do the node board
The joker targets do NOT have continuity between them.

The left joker target (WORKING), is entering position 4 of CN12 on the node board 10 in the spinning play field
The right joker target (NON WORKING) is entering position 3 of CN12 (this was tested for continuity between target and node board is how I draw this conclusion)

The manual says that the wires should be tied together and both entering postion 3 of CN12 (confirmed by Chas at Stern)

So either both wires entering 3 and 4 separately is confusing for the programming, or possibly the 17 times I measured continuity I made a mistake all 17 times and the working target is actually entering position 3. (seems unlikely).

#15246 1 year ago

If you go under switch alerts does your display look like the symbol I have circled in the pic below? If it does that means switch #77 (the right joker target) is "out of service". You can actually disable and enable that switch in the service menu. It must be "in service" or that target wont register.
20191230_211008 (resized).jpg

#15247 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If you go under switch alerts does your display look like the symbol I have circled in the pic below? If it does that means switch #77 (the right joker target) is "out of service". You can actually disable and enable that switch in the service menu. It must be "in service" or that target wont register.
[quoted image]

Somehow people at stern are not aware of this. I will go try.

#15248 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

[quoted image]

Just checked it is not as you have pictured. I will scroll around anyway .

#15249 1 year ago

Still tweaking these a little. bracket pretty much done. But adjusting size of cat figure a little. 2 different opinions on cat figures one versatile plastic cheaper other fine detail but way more expensive. Cat figures only versatile 15.00 each Cat figures fine detail 35.00 each. Brackets 35.00 pair of anyone interested total 2 brackets and 2 versatile cats= 65.00 plus 10.00 shipping .75.00 2 brackets 2 fine detail cats = 105.00 plus 10.00 shipping=115.00

IMAG1375.jpgIMAG1376.jpg
#15250 1 year ago

Cats will have to be double sided taped or glued to bracket

There are 17,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 305 of 341.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside