IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 374.
#15101 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you buy the Stern one for the Premium? Does "game is not in play" mean attract mode? I don't remember seeing a setting in the menus for the BatSignal.

Yes, it is a Stern for all BM66

#15102 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Yes, it is a Stern for all BM66

There are two versions of the stern one. The did you get the $200 one with no node boards (for LE machines) or the $250 one with node boards (for premium machines)?

If you got the premium version with node boards it should come on in attract mode and briefly at the start of the game than go off. It should also come on when the bat phone rings and stays on until you make (or miss) the the penguin/left orbit episode multiplier combo. It should also come on when the big batsignal in the middle of the playfield lights up for villain escape multiball. Also comes on during bat turn mode as well.

If it's not coming on/off at those time you might have a bad connection or maybe a bad node board.

#15103 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There are two versions of the stern one. The did you get the $200 one with no node boards (for LE machines) or the $250 one with node boards (for premium machines)?
If you got the premium version with node boards it should come on in attract mode and briefly at the start of the game than go off. It should also come on when the bat phone rings and stays on until you make (or miss) the the penguin/left orbit episode multiplier combo. It should also come on when the big batsignal in the middle of the playfield lights up for villain escape multiball. Also comes on during bat turn mode as well.
If it's not coming on/off at those time you might have a bad connection or maybe a bad node board.

It does all that. What I am trying to see if there is a setting for is when I am not playing the game but the machine is left on, the signal stays on. I would prefer the signal not to stay on when not playing.

#15104 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

It does all that. What I am trying to see if there is a setting for is when I am not playing the game but the machine is left on, the signal stays on. I would prefer the signal not to stay on when not playing.

There is no setting currently to choose that the signal stays on or off during attract mode. I think it looks awesome always on in attract mode. You can email Stern software to request it be added as an adjustment.

[email protected]

#15105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Appreciate for the feedback. Respectfully, not sure I agree. Novus No2 was developed to remove scratches from plastic. We have been using Novus No2 on playfield protectors for years to remove the scratches. You can use wax if you like as well. playfieldprotectors.com are extremely helpful if you have any questions. Biggest issue with using No2 or wax is it makes the game play too fast.
[quoted image]

My only experience using novus 2 to clean a small area on a pf protector gave the protector a bit of haze from the micro scratches, which makes sense as it has abrasives in it. I used it on a brand new protector so the gloss difference was very noticeable. While I wouldn't use it on a new protector again, I would use it on one that is already scratched up.

#15106 4 years ago

Ok fellow bat-fans looks like my Node9 is dead! If it don’t get a placement board which has ran less than 150plays I sure as shit won’t be buying anymore Spike based Stern’s.

#15107 4 years ago

Sorry to hear about your node board. Unfortunately I think the node boards are going to be the cause of many premature deaths for Spike games.

Stern seems to have no interest in having readily available inexpensive compatible node boards as the original marketing for the Spike system implied.

I now have two Spike 2 games but am not willing to gamble any more that I won’t have viable games in 5-10 years. I’ve got 3 node 8/9 boards as insurance which just means that the game specific nodes for Batman or Elvira are going to be the ones that fail on me

#15108 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ok fellow bat-fans looks like my Node9 is dead! If it don’t get a placement board which has ran less than 150plays I sure as shit won’t be buying anymore Spike based Stern’s.

Is this a new board that has failed?

My Node 8 board failed immediately after I installed the last update. Stern was no help after telling me what I already knew. They didn't offer to sell me a board either. Hopefully you will have better luck with a replacement than I did.

A coworker is examining my bad board in his spare time. The 6V supply is out. So far several surface mount resistors in a row are bad. More testing on the board to follow.

#15109 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear about your node board. Unfortunately I think the node boards are going to be the cause of many premature deaths for Spike games.
Stern seems to have no interest in having readily available inexpensive compatible node boards as the original marketing for the Spike system implied.
I now have two Spike 2 games but am not willing to gamble any more that I won’t have viable games in 5-10 years. I’ve got 3 node 8/9 boards as insurance which just means that the game specific nodes for Batman or Elvira are going to be the ones that fail on me

Where did you buy the boards and how much were they? Node board 8 and 9 means 2 separate boards? Why did you chose those 2?

#15110 4 years ago

Node boards 8 and 9 are interchangeable aside from the Dip switches. So far they are the most common boards that fail on the Spike system.

#15111 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Is this a new board that has failed?
My Node 8 board failed immediately after I installed the last update. Stern was no help after telling me what I already knew. They didn't offer to sell me a board either. Hopefully you will have better luck with a replacement than I did.
A coworker is examining my bad board in his spare time. The 6V supply is out. So far several surface mount resistors in a row are bad. More testing on the board to follow.

So they will not sell you a new board..?? So as far as they are concerned you have a dead game and no repair is possible...??? Thats insane.....

#15112 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So they will not sell you a new board..?? So as far as they are concerned you have a dead game and no repair is possible...??? Thats insane.....

Stern doesn't sell parts. He would have to go through a distributor, but I think/hope if he fights this via his distributor, they should replace it at no charge since it died during a Stern code update.

#15113 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

They didnt offer but I didnt ask. I was too pissed and it just slipped my mind. I asked if it was covered under warranty. I told them my build date and they said it wasnt covered. I bought my own replacement. I bought a couple extra boards for my only 2 games. If either one blows another board they will be fixed and then sold. I'm not keeping thousands of dollars of dead pinballs in my house. And I'm certainly not going to keep buying these Way overpriced boards either.

#15114 4 years ago

They didnt offer but I didnt ask. I was too pissed and it just slipped my mind. I asked if it was covered under warranty. I told them my build date and they said it wasnt covered. I bought my own replacement. I bought a couple extra boards for my only 2 games. If either one blows another board they will be fixed and then sold. I'm not keeping thousands of dollars of dead pinballs in my house. And I'm certainly not going to keep buying these Way overpriced boards either.

Only 150 plays? What is the build date?

#15115 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Only 150 plays? What is the build date?

J85M is the one who has 150 plays.

#15116 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

That guy is a fucking idiot.
Should I post pictures of 25-30 year old games with 10,000 plays and zero dimples?
It is ok if it drives you crazy. But get off the weed, make a fucking decent playfield, and shut up.

Heres a Mark Ritchie game called Indiana jones pinball adventure.
Williams pinball of the 90's.
With dimples.
A lot of games of that era had large sections of mylar on the playfield which most of us now take off.
I guess thats sort of help with regards to dimples but also added to the mind that they were resilient against it.

dimple ij (resized).JPGdimple ij (resized).JPG
#15117 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Node boards can be repaired by people with the right knowledge, skills, and equipment. The schematics have been released.

#15118 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Node boards can be repaired by people with the right knowledge, skills, and equipment. The schematics have been released.

And Stern doesn’t offer this repair service because?

#15119 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And Stern doesn’t offer this repair service because?

Because they are a pinball manufacturing company.

#15120 4 years ago

And I understand that but when you build an expensive board with a higher than normal failure rate how is it you don’t want to keep your customers?

#15121 4 years ago

Stern has sent repaired/upgraded boards to customers free of charge under Warranty. Why dont they offer an exchange program? You buy a replacement board and send your non working board back as a "core".

#15122 4 years ago

I have received multiple node boards form Stern free of charge. Not over two years into ownership. That’s why I was wondering what that build date was. Almost all node board failures I have experienced personally or seen from a local operator friend have been early life failures. That’s why the only Spike used game I would be nervous about buying is one that is over 2 years old with super low plays.

#15123 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, but it’s a very tiny subset of those that can repair a WPC or SAM board. And Stern sold ops on the idea that these were going to be cheap throwaway type boards that were simply replaced when they failed. And, FWIW, not all boards have had schematics released and not all are complete.

For the most part these boards aren’t repairable by the typical hobbiest.

#15124 4 years ago

Well I finally received my 2nd mini spinning playfield. Owned the game for 4 months, haven't played it in 2 awaiting this part. Prior to that it never played correctly.

First thing was to transfer the little metal shields and change in some titan rubbers.

Now the game seems to be working 100% finally.

For kicks here are pics of the rubbers stern felt like putting on this new play field.

4A0193DF-8C14-471E-8CB0-8B33BE289F34 (resized).jpeg4A0193DF-8C14-471E-8CB0-8B33BE289F34 (resized).jpegC47FA0BD-F632-49B1-BD9E-97C8DCCA7A7B (resized).jpegC47FA0BD-F632-49B1-BD9E-97C8DCCA7A7B (resized).jpeg
#15125 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

For kicks here are pics of the rubbers stern felt like putting on this new play field.

Wait.....so you bought the game new and never played it because the spinning playfield was messed up and this is the rubber from that game?

#15126 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Wait.....so you bought the game new and never played it because the spinning playfield was messed up and this is the rubber from that game?

I think it's more like the replacement turntable he was sent was not brand new. As long as it works, that's what is important I guess.

Rob

#15127 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's more like the replacement turntable he was sent was not brand new. As long as it works, that's what is important I guess.

OHHHHH ok, I get it now. Thanks

#15128 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

... For kicks here are pics of the rubbers stern felt like putting on this new play field.[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my.

Congrats on a finally working turntable though. I bet you're going to enjoy the game a HELLUVA lot more now!

#15129 4 years ago

They fabbed a brand new spinning mini playfield, and put these rubbers on it. I hate to call them rubber, they would crumble in my hand if I squeezed them.

#15130 4 years ago

I've been playing this for a couple months and have been enjoying it, but my scores are in the mid 100 millions whereas I've seen people putting up billions in points. I've had a look at some tutorial videos that gave me an idea of multipliers and maybe a good order to take minor villains in, but what general strategy do you all use when you play?

#15131 4 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

I've been playing this for a couple months and have been enjoying it, but my scores are in the mid 100 millions whereas I've seen people putting up billions in points. I've had a look at some tutorial videos that gave me an idea of multipliers and maybe a good order to take minor villains in, but what general strategy do you all use when you play?

Starting villain multi balls allows you the chance for a skill shot with a 5x eob bonus. You can do this three times getting up to a 20x eob bonus. Plus all the lanes that 1x bonus just let balls drain while ball save is on.

Playfield multiplier while multi ball is going on and complete 2 villains for extra ball. Complete all for and answer the bat signal for jail break

That’s as far as I have gotten 2.2 billion

#15132 4 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Obviously the answer is going to be starting with Bookworm and Freeze to maximize potential of frozen timers for the rest of the game. Some players have been quite vocal about that being unbalanced, but the opinion isn't necessarily shared by others so there's been no urgency to change it. I absolutely love the theme and most of the gameplay mechanics. Players scoring hundreds of billions of points does seem a bit crazy, but not every one can do it either. Top players are just going to excel that much better with this game.

Rob

#15133 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Oh my.
Congrats on a finally working turntable though. I bet you're going to enjoy the game a HELLUVA lot more now!

That was short-lived. 10-20 games in and neither joker target works. I am getting a joker target 2 error (switch 78 iirc).

#15134 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

That was short-lived. 10-20 games in and neither joker target works. I am getting a joker target 2 error (switch 78 iirc).

Check one of the joker targets is not stuck behind the metal guards located between or either side of the targets depending on your build date. Either way you should see your target caught behind the little support/guard holding the switch closed.

#15135 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Make sure you are on the latest code. In 1.05 it fixed a false Joker switch error. Some games have separate switches and others it was combined into one switch.

V1.05.0 - Nov. 7, 2019
======================

- Joker #2 switch will no longer complain in the tech alert, as some games
were made without this switch.

#15136 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

From what I've read in the node board thread, no one has figured it out yet. It would be awesome if you helped out those with dead boards by providing the name of the person doing repairs.

#15137 4 years ago

For those of you mounting the Hallmark figures.... where did you mount Batgirl? I have tried 4x times on the Batgirl ledge on the left.... lo temp hot glue.. a hot ball sends her flying every time..... lol

#15138 4 years ago

Holly-BatXmas Robin!

2D112881-7F43-4C63-AC2D-A4736D2A84EA (resized).png2D112881-7F43-4C63-AC2D-A4736D2A84EA (resized).png
#15139 4 years ago

hey guys so on my "new" mini spinning upper playfield, every single time I hit a ball around the right side to lock for multi-ball, the ball kicks out of the lock area, and into the 3 skill shot rollovers. Neither of the other 2 mini play fields ever did this.

Has this been a problem for anyone else? If so, was there a solution?

I am thinking of installing (with some double sided tape), some type of dampener, so when the ball hits that wall, it doesn't kick off with as much force. bad idea, good idea?

thanks!

#15140 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

From what I've read in the node board thread, no one has figured it out yet. It would be awesome if you helped out those with dead boards by providing the name of the person doing repairs.

Send Borygard a PM. He does repairs.

#15141 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

hey guys so on my "new" mini spinning upper playfield, every single time I hit a ball around the right side to lock for multi-ball, the ball kicks out of the lock area, and into the 3 skill shot rollovers. Neither of the other 2 mini play fields ever did this.
Has this been a problem for anyone else? If so, was there a solution?
I am thinking of installing (with some double sided tape), some type of dampener, so when the ball hits that wall, it doesn't kick off with as much force. bad idea, good idea?
thanks!

Right away or does it start a ball search first? Those lock switches are notorious for needing some kind of adjustment so they close when the ball is resting on them.

Rob

#15142 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Right away or does it start a ball search first? Those lock switches are notorious for needing some kind of adjustment so they close when the ball is resting on them.
Rob

More like....I shoot the right orbit, the ball goes into the lock, and then immediately bounces out, back toward the 3 rollovers. It won’t stay in the locked area.

I never had this problem with the other 2 units.

#15143 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

More like....I shoot the right orbit, the ball goes into the lock, and then immediately bounces out, back toward the 3 rollovers. It won’t stay in the locked area.
I never had this problem with the other 2 units.

There is a white, nylon up-post that holds the balls in the lock. It should always be up except when the turntable turns to release balls. Even the ball search rotates the playfield to release balls so I think that post is your problem.

Rob

20191214_004826 (resized).jpg20191214_004826 (resized).jpg
#15144 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a white, nylon up-post that holds the balls in the lock. It should always be up except when the turntable turns to release balls. Even the ball search rotates the playfield to release balls so I think that post is your problem.
Rob[quoted image]

thank you for taking the time to respond.

That post is functioning properly. it's more like it never makes it down to that post in a resting position. It comes in hot, bounces off of the metal wall and kicks back out the direction it came.

#15145 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

thank you for taking the time to respond.
That post is functioning properly. it's more like it never makes it down to that post in a resting position. It comes in hot, bounces off of the metal wall and kicks back out the direction it came.

Hmmm, now that is interesting. What pitch do you have the game set at? I have mine at 7 degrees. Can you post a picture of your ball lock area when the turntable is in position to lock balls?

Rob

#15146 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Hmmm, now that is interesting. What pitch do you have the game set at? I have mine at 7 degrees. Can you post a picture of your ball lock area when the turntable is in position to lock balls?
Rob

First thing to check - is the turntable level with the playfield all the way around 360 degrees? Also make sure your diverter is functioning properly.

#15147 4 years ago

Has anyone else mounted the batgirl cycle and bat/Robin bike? If so where and how did you mount them? Thanks.

C91BCA12-0877-47FB-AF87-10011BE0D892 (resized).jpegC91BCA12-0877-47FB-AF87-10011BE0D892 (resized).jpeg
#15148 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone else mounted the batgirl cycle and bat/Robin bike? If so where and how did you mount them? Thanks.[quoted image]

I mounted the Batgirl cycle on Yelobird's mounting plate above the shooter lane. I drilled a hole in the plate and used the screw the Batgirl cycle already came with. I mounted the Batcyle on top of the pop bumper. Same location as the SLE. I bought Modfather's one cuz it came with a mounting bracket that uses one of the existing screws on top of the bumper plastic.

Any update on your bad Node 9 board? Did Stern send you a replacement?

#15149 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

For those of you mounting the Hallmark figures.... where did you mount Batgirl? I have tried 4x times on the Batgirl ledge on the left.... lo temp hot glue.. a hot ball sends her flying every time..... lol

I used a length of wire and looped it thru the hook on the back of her head.
34CF1984-E38B-418C-8ACE-62442E25209C (resized).jpeg34CF1984-E38B-418C-8ACE-62442E25209C (resized).jpeg

#15150 4 years ago

I mounted the Batgirl cycle on Yelobird's mounting plate above the shooter lane. I drilled a hole in the plate and used the screw the Batgirl cycle already came with. I mounted the Batcyle on top of the pop bumper. Same location as the SLE. I bought Modfather's one cuz it came with a mounting bracket that uses one of the existing screws on top of the bumper plastic.

Any update on your bad Node 9 board? Did Stern send you a replacement?

Ah okay, I’ve put my bat signal behind the top pop bumper, mini phone where the bat signal is on the SLE, mini bust over near Alfred which I’m going to fit a small red LED into the head and glue it open.

So because of that I’m probably going to mount the Batcycle w/sidecar on the plastic above the right ramp curve, batboat in shooter and batgirl over on the batgirl plastic as I’m not adding the hallmark figures.

Node board is on going, I have a replacement on the way through my distributor currently working out if I’m going to be charged for it. If I am I’ll certainly be speaking to Stern about it and they will likely loose all my future business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/303?hl=badgeringbadger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.