IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 374.
#15051 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, they are fun but don't make the game. Some really enhance the game, but too much makes it look like a crowded toy store. I've gotten pretty consistent at getting Batusi Multiball but welcome any tricks to get the other two rounds. What is the ultimate wizard mode? All three Batusi multiballs plus just one villain escape?

But having said that, BM66 is one of the most fun games to mod I've ever owned. biglaw has another one in the pipeline that is going to be fantastic.

#15052 4 years ago

Anyone looking to leave the club. Will travel a 6-7 hours range from Pittsburgh

#15053 4 years ago

Agreed, no reason to take PF out. Leave it in and install with a couple of drops of liquid dish soap in a water spray bottle. Spray the back of the blades and you’re set to install easily without any issues. One person can do it with the PF up. Can slide the blade into place, with it being wet.

#15054 4 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Does anyone have any advice for the best way to install inner side art (side blades) in a Batman '66? This would be my first time attempting these. I have the the version that Stern released and they came without directions. Take out the playfield or maneuver around it? Use clamps to hold it in place? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

JRM1, I made a video showing the installation of game blades on a Stern, Williams, and Sega pinball machine. I installed the game blades on a Stern Kiss pinball machine using the wet method. That is the easiest for me since you have some play in the blade installing and removing if needed. Click the video below if you want to watch. Take your time installing the blade. It's not hard once you get the angle and know how far back you need to go. Good luck.

#15055 4 years ago

Thanks to everybody for their advice about installation of the side art. Just need to find the time. This is the only real mod I’m making to the game (aside from some plastics protectors and possibly cliffys down the road). I get annoyed when things don’t match right and most mods don’t truly match the theme, have the wrong scale, wrong Batman logo, or something else is off. The blades I got are the ones from Stern and match the theme as it was done by Franchi.

#15056 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sounds like your left orbit switch needs adjusting. This info from DrBanner solved my orbit issues.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/293#post-5257493

Thanks

#15057 4 years ago

JRM1,you really should consider installing the newer Atomic pile,it really does improve the look of the Bat Cave!! Most everybody has done it!!

#15058 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

JRM1,you really should consider installing the newer Atomic pile,it really does improve the look of the Bat Cave!! Most everybody has done it!!

I've finally got one coming after owning two BM66s!

#15059 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

you really should consider installing the newer Atomic pile,it really does improve the look of the Bat Cave!! Most everybody has done it!!

This really is the best mod for the game and a must have if you are really into the way the game looks.

#15060 4 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Thanks to everybody for their advice about installation of the side art. Just need to find the time. This is the only real mod I’m making to the game (aside from some plastics protectors and possibly cliffys down the road). I get annoyed when things don’t match right and most mods don’t truly match the theme, have the wrong scale, wrong Batman logo, or something else is off. The blades I got are the ones from Stern and match the theme as it was done by Franchi.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. Most of the mods for BM66 were made by hardcore fans of the series with great attention to detail. Most of these mods should have been standard from the factory. While others have improved upon Stern's obvious cost cutting.

#15061 4 years ago

It’s interesting, because some of the very best mods made, came from Hot Wheels and Hallmark. And unlike most mods, they are quite inexpensive.

#15062 4 years ago

And the latest Stern of the Union has. I mention of BM66 code updates. I really wanted more episodes and a light show. Love this game.

#15063 4 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

And the latest Stern of the Union has. I mention of BM66 code updates. I really wanted more episodes and a light show. Love this game.

You want more content? I thought pretty much all the episodes are represented in the current code?

#15064 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s interesting, because some of the very best mods made, came from Hot Wheels and Hallmark. And unlike most mods, they are quite inexpensive.

Hallmark have been first choice for me time and time again, really added some quality figures/ships to replace the crappy ones on Ironman, Star Trek and my batmobile is hallmark all look great!

#15065 4 years ago
Quoted from JRM1:

Episodes are plentyful, but I do agree BM66 lacks in the lightshow department.

And there doesn’t appear to be a lot of villain noises especially Riddler or Penguin but that could also be because I suck! So I’ll let a better player confirm or debunk that.

#15066 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Batman 66 is on location at Lyons Classic Pinball, Lyons CO.

#15067 4 years ago

I’ve had my B66 Catwoman Edition for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely loving it. I’m so so SO glad I sold my TSPP (plus some rare video games) for it.

Two questions:

1. I understand dimpling is an issue with this game. Mine is dimpling A LOT. As in every game gives me new dimples. Is this normal?

2. I have not taken the plastic protector off the mini screen or the autographed card. Obviously the card is probably for the best for protection, but what about the screen? The air goes airborne a lot so I’m thinking the protection will help but maybe this screen will overheat or something if I leave it on?

Thank you very much in advance.

#15068 4 years ago

Here is Steve Ritchies take on it

#15069 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I’ve had my B66 Catwoman Edition for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely loving it. I’m so so SO glad I sold my TSPP (plus some rare video games) for it.
Two questions:
1. I understand dimpling is an issue with this game. Mine is dimpling A LOT. As in every game gives me new dimples. Is this normal?
2. I have not taken the plastic protector off the mini screen or the autographed card. Obviously the card is probably for the best for protection, but what about the screen? The air goes airborne a lot so I’m thinking the protection will help but maybe this screen will overheat or something if I leave it on?

1. Yes. Perfectly normal.

2. Having shipping film over the mini LCD sounds like the image wouldn’t be crisp. Leave it on the card if you want but I can’t imagine how the plastic card holder would be damaged sitting there.

Just play your game and enjoy it.

#15070 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here is Steve Ritchies take on it

That guy is a fucking idiot.

Should I post pictures of 25-30 year old games with 10,000 plays and zero dimples?

It is ok if it drives you crazy. But get off the weed, make a fucking decent playfield, and shut up.

#15071 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Should I post pictures of 25-30 year old games with 10,000 plays and zero dimples?

Pin balls are harder than wood, therefore they dimple the playfield. If you play it 10,00 times, odds are that you have an even distribution of dimples, which make the surface smooth again, because once the wood compresses, it becomes harder to dimple it again.

Also, I did not appreciate your tone or language.

#15072 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Two questions:

Barely a single dimple on my original LE, but it sat unplayed for about 6 months before I got round to opening it and then spent the last couple years tombstoned while I had to deal with person issues and move home etc.

Personally I think the dimpling is made worse because stern are knocking these games out at such a pace we are getting them unboxed and playing on them before the clears really had time to settle and cure, could be wrong but my BM66 would say I’m maybe right.

#15073 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Barely a single dimple on my original LE, but it sat unplayed for about 6 months before I got round to opening it and then spent the last couple years tombstoned while I had to deal with person issues and move home etc.
Personally I think the dimpling is made worse because stern are knocking these games out at such a pace we are getting them unboxed and playing on them before the clears really had time to settle and cure, could be wrong but my BM66 would say I’m maybe right.

THIS! The wood is softer and the clear certainly isn't like it used to be. Plus as mentioned I dont believe these playfields are left to cure properly before being shipped. I'm a huge supporter of playfield protectors. Especially with Sterns.

#15074 4 years ago

Over the past weekend I installed the Bat Signal to my Premium BM66. Is there a way to turn off the signal when the game is not in play?

#15075 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Over the past weekend I installed the Bat Signal to my Premium BM66. Is there a way to turn off the signal when the game is not in play?

Did you buy the Stern one for the Premium? Does "game is not in play" mean attract mode? I don't remember seeing a setting in the menus for the BatSignal.

#15076 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

That guy is a fucking idiot.

Doubt it.

Now in reality, there is so much dimpling on that PF that it actually smooth out and they aren't noticeable any longer unless you look from an angle with good lighting.

#15077 4 years ago

Looking for some help, getting an over-current protection on node 8 and seems like a short somewhere on the slingshot GI (can't find one). It kills flippers mid game ans comes in and out.

image2 (1) (resized).jpegimage2 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpeg
#15078 4 years ago

Thank you all those that replies to my questions.

Quoted from J85M:

This would not make sense in my case because I’ve only been playing my Catwoman edition for 3 weeks and it was one of the first 100 made.

To those suggesting the dimpling will even out over time ... I have a hard time believing that. That is to suggest the ball bounced on every part of the Playfield to make it perfectly even? Wouldn’t there be slightly deeper dimples than others? And this would also suggest the ball bouncing in the same spot wouldn’t make the simple larger? With all this said, it doesn’t really bug me.

Side question: Where does one purchase plastic feet for this machine and what colour do you recommend? I’m currently using feet that are used to move furniture around your house and it makes it look ugly.

Thanks again.

#15079 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Doubt it.
Now in reality, there is so much dimpling on that PF that it actually smooth out and they aren't noticeable any longer unless you look from an angle with good lighting.

Wrong

My eyes work good enough to see if there are 1 million little dents or not. Further confirmation that anybody can confirm is looking at every inch of the playfield that never really sees a ball. I have removed every single part from the playfield for cleaning. I think anybody can tell the difference.

Moving on.

Good day!

#15080 4 years ago

On the bright side, my 5 month old game (catwoman premium) that has never played correctly and has been completely out of commission for the last 2 months has the 2nd spinning playfield arriving today. (Quality control issues on the original and 1st replacement). Maybe I will playing again soon.

#15081 4 years ago

Doubt it.

Well I had a playfield protector installed on mine... plays fine. Now whats the proper way to clean them...??

#15082 4 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Need.more info to help you out.

Are talking about the topper batsignal projector or the mini batsignal that goes on the playfield?

If it's the topper pojector version did you buy the Stern LE version ($200 and doesnt include any node boards), the Stern Premium version ($250 and comes with nodes boards) or my aftermarket one?

#15083 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

On the bright side, my 5 month old game (catwoman premium) that has never played correctly and has been completely out of commission for the last 2 months has the 2nd spinning playfield arriving today. (Quality control issues on the original and 1st replacement). Maybe I will playing again soon.

Best of luck buddy.

#15084 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Well I had a playfield protector installed on mine... plays fine. Now whats the proper way to clean them...??

I just wipe mine down with Novus 1 and a microfiber rag. Plays like lightning after.

#15085 4 years ago

I just wipe mine down with Novus 1. Plays like lightning after.

Thanks!

#15086 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Episodes are plentyful, but I do agree BM66 lacks in the lightshow department.
And there doesn’t appear to be a lot of villain noises especially Riddler or Penguin but that could also be because I suck! So I’ll let a better player confirm or debunk that.

Agree with you about episodes, but I’m greedy. Some of the second round episodes could use more clips. Either way, it’s my favorite game.

#15087 4 years ago

We do the same. You can use Novus No2 on it as well, takes out most of the scratches. However, makes the game play like lightening!

#15088 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We do the same. You can use Novus No2 on it as well, takes out most of the scratches. However, makes the game play like lightening!

Novus 2 will add micro scratches to a PF protector FYI.

#15089 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Looking for some help, getting an over-current protection on node 8 and seems like a short somewhere on the slingshot GI (can't find one). It kills flippers mid game ans comes in and out.[quoted image][quoted image]

Remove the slingshot GI bulbs and try playing the game to test. The sling bulbs on BM66 can get damaged from the ball because the bulbs are so close to the rubber.

Rob

#15090 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Remove the slingshot GI bulbs and try playing the game to test. The sling bulbs on BM66 can get damaged from the ball because the bulbs are so close to the rubber.
Rob

OK so I'm not the only one; I think I've replaced the right slingshot bulb in the upper position something like 4 times because the lens keeps coming off during a game. I'll put a new bulb in, and in a couple of weeks the lens gets knocked off again.

#15091 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Thanks, I'll try it out!

#15092 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

OK so I'm not the only one; I think I've replaced the right slingshot bulb in the upper position something like 4 times because the lens keeps coming off during a game. I'll put a new bulb in, and in a couple of weeks the lens gets knocked off again.

I put these in my slingshots right after the first bulb broke. Never had an issue since.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-44W-41

#15093 4 years ago

I put these in my slingshots right after the first bulb broke. Never had an issue since.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-44W-41

Yeah, well, I finally wised up; after the last time it happened, I finally just left the lense off. The bulb still works...

#15094 4 years ago

Anyone mounted the batgirl bike and Robins? If so where and how did you guys mount them?

F846EBE9-E794-4BC9-9D61-4494CA921424 (resized).jpegF846EBE9-E794-4BC9-9D61-4494CA921424 (resized).jpeg
#15095 4 years ago

Anyone had issues with Node.9? If so could you tell me which board it is and what the problem was and solved it. Thanks.
F8DE2267-3533-4500-9545-CEAB9A43148F (resized).jpegF8DE2267-3533-4500-9545-CEAB9A43148F (resized).jpeg

#15096 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone had issues with Node.9? If so could you tell me which board it is and what the problem was and solved it. Thanks.
[quoted image]

I believe that's the 48v driver board under the playfield mid left hand side. Does your game have a interlock switch on the coin door?

#15097 4 years ago

I believe that's the 48v driver board under the playfield mid left hand side. Does your game have a interlock switch on the coin door?

No interlock on my LE.

#15098 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Loose Ethernet Cable or other cables is the first thing to check....

#15099 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Novus 2 will add micro scratches to a PF protector FYI.

Appreciate for the feedback. Respectfully, not sure I agree. Novus No2 was developed to remove scratches from plastic. We have been using Novus No2 on playfield protectors for years to remove the scratches. You can use wax if you like as well. playfieldprotectors.com are extremely helpful if you have any questions. Biggest issue with using No2 or wax is it makes the game play too fast.
15755812303958123643281727273042 (resized).jpg15755812303958123643281727273042 (resized).jpg

#15100 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone mounted the batgirl bike and Robins? If so where and how did you guys mount them?

Here’s where I mounted my Hallmark one (using a piece of lock wire):

69DD9416-FBF7-4ADD-8316-BD88152E36EB (resized).jpeg69DD9416-FBF7-4ADD-8316-BD88152E36EB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.