Topic Stats

• 14,886 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
20191112_182335.jpg
20191111_134000.jpg
20191112_182335 (resized).jpg
Batman NIB (resized).jpg
batman setup (resized).jpg
bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 298.
#101 3 years ago

I agree. If anyone has questions just pm me. Lets keep this thread about Batman 66. Like I said in my first post, I am one of those kids tuning in after school when ever possible. From what I have seen and know this pin appears to be about the 66 vibe. I am jazzed to play this one. I hope there is some quality LCD Meredith Burgess . AKA the penguin....WHa WHa WHa

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

... I loved Adam West as Batman and all the wonderful villains and pretty women in very fitted costumes. It seems like this pin has captured that flavor.
-Jerry

You seeing something I don't no layout, no artwork, no feature list here. Does Adam West carry around the pics, maybe that is what the meet and greet is really about?

So if I am willing to put a downpayment on a product that has not been designed, with no concept drawing nor pricing, and no coding to date, I should act now? No thanks. This is less to go on than when JPOP announced his string of custom hits. Potential for disappointment is too high. I'm out - before even getting to the starting line. Things are beginning to get ridiculous.

#103 3 years ago

Sorry I posted the above in the Batman66 Owner's Thread. It reflects how I feel, but it would have been better to have posted it in the other Batman66 thread. Carry on.

#104 3 years ago

In the club and can't wait. GBLE sold out fast but for me was somewhat easy because i followed up early. I had the door shut in my face by almost everyone on this one...but i managed to get on, and happy. It will also go on location at my spot in so cal

#105 3 years ago

Hi,
Here is what I know. I want to say that I have not had issues with any of the machines I had sold. This is in no way a denial that issues exist. It just speaks to luck and that the problems were limited in scope. Stern has assured me that they have a handle on the problem. That any pinballs coming should be problem free. I asked them straight out. I also asked what if problems arise from machines already sold. Stern informed me that they would take care of the issues via distributors.
The other point I want to make is that these issues seem to be limited in scope. It is not widespread failure but instead a small percentage.

In these sales pitches you constantly put out you also stated you only sell a handful or Stern NIB a year so you're really not the guy to comment on how many machines have PF issues, etc. You stated you are more of a "restoration" guy and that's fine.

And of course Stern will tell you what you want to hear. Until we know more the suspicion is that only the worst examples will get a populated PF swap... the rest of the guys with multiple ghosting inserts, etc may be out of luck. We'll see.

I just got a TWD Prem 4 months ago so I'm hardly a Stern hater - quite the opposite.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sorry I posted the above in the Batman66 Owner's Thread. It reflects how I feel, but it would have been better to have posted it in the other Batman66 thread. Carry on.

No problem! It's all good.

#107 3 years ago

This machine should be awesome I may consider trading my Ghostbusters Le for it. Just waiting on pics of it before make a decision

#108 3 years ago

That is correct. We will sell between 40-60 NIB pinballs this year, as most of our sales are restored pinballs. I have been doing this for almost 50 years. I know many of the people at Stern for many years. I know them to be good honorable people. I know they genuinely felt bad about having issues. I guess the saying goes "Time will tell". I like giving people the benefit of the doubt. Life feels better that way. I do know they are really excited about this pin. It represents some pretty neat milestones for Stern. I am excited to see two LCD screens in this game. I am looking forward to the shin dig in October. I am hopeful they will have one or two of the 66's there. I was pretty excited to see the Ghostbuster pinball as it was a long time coming. I am more excited to see this one. I guess I am the target audience . I was in grammar school when the show was on air. I still have my batman lunch box and thermos. I had to save my allowance for two whole months! I also remember having a flashlight that would shine the "Bat Signal" on the ceiling. To keep this thread fun , I would love to read about other Bat Man memories or memorabilia.

thanks-Jerry

#109 3 years ago

I just remember watching the TV series reruns. I especially remember the the great actors that played the villains. I also remember watching the movie multiple times. It was usually on way past my bed time and it was hard to stay awake and watch the whole movie. I always fell asleep when they were trying to reverse the gadget at the end of the movie to take the United Nations politicians back from pink dust into people again. I can't remember what that device was called.

#110 3 years ago

I loved the way Cesar Romero played the joker. He refused to shave his mustache. Instead just used makeup to cover it. Jack Nicholson was a great joker too.

-J

#111 3 years ago

I would love to read about other Bat Man memories or memorabilia.

I remember shitting myself when my distributor told me that the Batman 66 LE would cost $10.5K US. Anyone else have any Bat Man memories or memorabilia.

#112 3 years ago

I have not received any pricing. The memo I did receive said the pricing would come in September. It did say there would be a bit more cost than previous LE's but promised that they would be spectacular. There will only be 240 of them. So I am sure they will all go. The memo also stated that the premiums will be in line with previous premiums. It reminds me of the Dodge Hellcat Challenger. If you are a big fan then it doesn't matter.

#113 3 years ago

Exactly. Batman 66 invokes a great deal of positive nostalgia in a lot of guys who are right in Stern's wheelhouse.

I was more than happy to put down a refundable deposit for an LE. Really looking forward to the game coming out.

#114 3 years ago

If I bought this and put it on Route I would still be a collector. A collector of a shit load of money.

#115 3 years ago

It's a cookbook!!!

image (resized).jpeg

#116 3 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

#117 3 years ago

^^ is that real ?

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

^^ is that real ?

I bet it is. Different times my friend

Though that "Robin you'll find out soon enough" sure sounds ominous.

#119 3 years ago

Flintstones had Winston cigarette commercials to.

flintstones (resized).jpg

#120 3 years ago

I loved the way Cesar Romero played the joker. He refused to shave his mustache. Instead just used makeup to cover it. Jack Nicholson was a great joker too.
-J

So you have seen 66 and played it? Can you say whether the 2nd lcd is embedded in the playfield or is more like the screen in WWE?

#121 3 years ago

No gamplay videos no images of what the game is even going to look like just a cheesy little flyer saying its a new and improved bdk whats that mean my plafield will be junk after 100 plays already signed up for that with my gb. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me no thanks stern

#122 3 years ago

when i was a kid, growing up in a crappy country town in 100+ degree texas heat, watching the batman shows during the summer afternoons was a blast. The tv show line-up was something like:
a) wait for stupid soaps to end.
b) bewitched (black & white, don't remember if in color too). No action. Watched, but a bit boring. At least she was cute.
c) i dream of jeannie (black & white, & color). No action. Watched, a little more interesting. She was very cute.
d) gilligan's island (added more humor to the mix). Not much action and great theme song.
e) BATMAN ! Could almost always count on ( ((ACTION)) ) and lots of attractive actresses & wild bad guys. Can't pull my eyes away from it, or might miss something. Loved the bright & vivid colors and the over-the-top sound fx.
f) cartoons would then start up.

I don't think there's much of a younger generation (people in the 30's or younger) who will have any affinity for this pin, although they may like it, it may not be as strong of a connection. But, hopefully done well, this will be much more of a childhood nostalgia game, much like the 70's & 80's arcade video games are. I think the buyers of these might (generally) have that same kind of connection with it.
It's like having a time machine & going back to play a game in the late 70's that should have existed back then. I give it at least a thumbs-up for brand selection.

batman66-2 (resized).jpgbatman66-1 (resized).jpg

#123 3 years ago

Well,I switched from a GB/PRe,to a B66/LE! No price yet,the LE's are gone!Stern is still making GB/LE's this week and is also in production of the Pabst CanCrusher pin!B66 will go into production next month,and be out before Thanksgiving! GB/PRe's will be coming out around Halloween!I just talked with my Stern Tech.so,no bs !!

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,I switched from a GB/PRe,to a B66/LE! No price yet,the LE's are gone!Stern is still making GB/LE's this week and is also in production of the Pabst CanCrusher pin!B66 will go into production next month,and be out before Thanksgiving! GB/PRe's will be coming out around Halloween!I just talked with my Stern Tech.so,no bs !!

Gb prem on line now...will be shipping way sooner the Halloween... As for b66 it's more likely December/Jan even though flyer says nov

#125 3 years ago

It's funny to see the old ads and the tv line-up. It made me think. An I dream of Jeanie pinball could be fun!

#126 3 years ago

New Batman '66 info from Gomez himself via C2C podcast:

CRANE TOY
- The Penguin will be driving it & wreaking havoc on Gotham
- Mildly modified but roughly in the same place on the playfield
- Will have recognizable behavior
- Its corresponding inserts will be in the same place as BDK

PLAYFIELD LAYOUT
- Left ramp & right ramp that cross
- Lots of the same elements on right-hand side as BDK
- Left-hand side has been redesigned
- Completely new feature on left side of game that provides 3 distinct interactive modes for the player & also acts as an additional ball lock.
- Way more shots than BDK (less "stop & go")
- Shots have a combo system now

LCD SCREEN
- Approximately the size of a medium laptop (15.6" diagonal screen) on a hinge speaker display panel
- Will play clips from the old show

ARTWORK
- Will be a combination of TV & comic art with live-action imagery
- Will be more sophisticated than what was shown on the flier
- Multiple artists working on it so you'll see some variation in illustration styles

Stern is planning to have the game playable at Expo.

Source:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-229_86459

#127 3 years ago

Why is the flyer tagged as nsfw??? In the other threads the flyer has not been tagged. What's goin on here?

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

Why is the flyer tagged as nsfw??? In the other threads the flyer has not been tagged. What's goin on here?

Maybe people don't like "spoilers". Its stupid, but happens.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from SHOOTTHEPYRAMID:

goobers

#130 3 years ago

Sounds just like an upgraded BDK as I thought.

Ball lock and interactive toy possibly take place of Joker
Had to take the teeter totter ramp out as its SUX, and made the ramps crossover somehow.
I would bet playfield layout is similar to identical.
New code and artwork. ( if artwork even matters at this point as as it dont stay attached to the playfield )
New crap latch style lockdown most likley.

I guess we will see in a few weeks. Get that 10.5 in cash out boys !!!

#131 3 years ago

Sounds like a way different game from dark knight no teeter totter no canister multiple ramps that crossover new toys and even the crane is going to be a little different and combo system with lots of flow; should be pretty cool

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Sounds like a way different game from dark knight no teeter totter no canister multiple ramps that crossover new toys and even the crane is going to be a little different and combo system with lots of flow; should be pretty cool

Yeh.... Almost like the board game monopoly And its other ??? variations of the game.

#133 3 years ago

Anyone know the price for a premium shipped yet?

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know the price for a premium shipped yet?

The consistent rumor is msrp $10,500...

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

For a premium? I call BS on that. If that's true the premiums will be the true LE like Avengers.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Do we know when the pricing will be officially announced? Presumably prior to expo?

I hope HAAG in Houston gets one of these in November. Would be great to have it as the Flip off Hunger game.

#137 3 years ago

Does anyone know if LE's are still available or are they pretty much sold out at this point?

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

For a premium? I call BS on that. If that's true the premiums will be the true LE like Avengers.

Sorry I meant the rumor was $10500 on the LE... No one has pricing yet but I heard its this month... And physical game reveal at expo

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Phoenixbt:

Does anyone know if LE's are still available or are they pretty much sold out at this point?

Most are holding spots

#140 3 years ago

Would be great if they have a subway on this new game, as the batcave

#141 3 years ago

I listened to the podcast this morning. I'm excited to see what it looks like. if what Gomez said is true, it is definitely not a Dark Knight retheme.

#142 3 years ago

I was told that the premium pricing would be similar to current premium pricing. Slightly higher. I was also told that the LE would be higher than previous LE's. We are letting our customers hold pinballs with a minimum refundable deposit. If they don't like the game or price they can opt out without any issue. I am excited to see the game. I think it is a specific market and those folks won't mind a few extra dollars. With only 240 LE's being made I think they will be gone quickly. I have way more people in line than I have machines.

-J

#143 3 years ago

Too bad they arn't taking the crane from LAH, that has to be the best crane in pinball.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Too bad they arn't taking the crane from LAH, that has to be the best crane in pinball.

That game gets a bad rep, but with the updated ROM it's pretty cool, and it's got toys for days. The Crane, captive balls, magnets, spinner, drops with a cool reset target behind them, it's no slouch, whatever you think of the theme and Data East sounds and all that jazz.

#146 3 years ago

In on the LE, hoping for a great game!!!...

#147 3 years ago

not sure if this is real, but here ya go:
Batman66 listed in Nov 2016.

=====

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am again writing to update you about our production plans. August was our largest month of production for a decade.
We plan to produce games or have in stock games as follows:

Available now in the USA
Star Trek Pro and Premium. Last call. Our license to manufacture is expiring.
Kiss all versions, but not many
WWE
TWD Premium

September in the USA
Ghostbusters Premium – fill many backorders
Spiderman VE – fill many backorders
TWD Pro – fill back orders, some more available
GOT Pro – fill most backorders
Whoa Nellie – fill backorders

October in the USA
Ghostbusters Pro – fill back orders, some more available
Ghostbusters Premium – fill most backorders
Spiderman VE – fill back orders, some available
Metallica Pro – fill back orders, some more available
Whoa Nellie – some available

November in the USA
Ghostbusters Premium – fill back orders, some more available
Metallica Premium Monsters – fill back orders, some available
GOT Pro and Premium - some available
Batman66 – LE’s and some Premium

Best regards
Gary
Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

2 months later
#148 3 years ago

I wish this thread was more active again. The other "Batman66 New Info" has been taken over by whiners and complainers instead of people who are excited and looking foward to playing and/or buying a Batman66 game.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I wish this thread was more active again. The other "Batman66 New Info" has been taken over by whiners and complainers instead of people who are excited and looking foward to playing and/or buying a Batman66 game.

Agreed, Looking forward to playing my BM66LE

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Agreed, Looking forward to playing my BM66LE

Yeah !
Positive comments !

The artist for the Batman66 game, Chris Franchi, did a live podcast this weekend and talked a little about the art development for the game. I didn't hear the whole thing but it should be avail for download eventually. Someo fthe cool tidbits I remember.

He was originally contracted by Stern to do the bat gadget plaques that go in on the LE games. At that time Kevin O'Connor was contracted to do the some translite and cabinet art concepts. You can hear Kevin talk about his involvement with Batman66 at the very end of his pinball news recording of his expo talk.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/kevin_oconnor.mp3

Kevin said there was a bit of a time crunch and they had him switch to start some of the playfield art. Someone at Stern saw that Chris had a lot of experience with Batman and asked him to put together a translite design as well. Everyone loved it so they asked him to do the playfield and cabinet art as well.

He mentioned that the Batman66 license holders already had a very good relationship with Joe Kaminkow. Not sure if he was exaggerating or not but he said that the Batman66 based slot machine from Joe's company brought in millions of revenue to the license holder, so they loved Joe. When Joe said he wanted Chris Franchi on the art package the art approvals went through very quickly. Chris said the art approval process is usually longer with some back and forth and tweaking but for the Batmann66 game it was one of the faster approval processes he ever worked on.

He was disappointed like the rest of us that it wasn't playable when he was at expo. He's very excited about the game and is planning on buying a game using the money he made for doing the art for Stern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 298.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside